Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 49  (Read 2730 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 49
« on: February 24, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »

How sad... down to only two. Well, things will start anew soon, so let's see what you can manage.

Team Nephrite and Consonant vs. Floor 5
Team Grefter vs. Floor 5

-------------------------------------------------------------

Team Consonant's Matches

Floor 6a: Those that fight underlings (Before Endgame)

Battle #26: Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin

Reno: The Turks will show you no mercy.
Fujin: DESTROY.

Battle #27: Rubicante and Barbariccia

Rubicante: I would heal you, but that is not needed...
Barbariccia: Hahaha! Let's go, fools!

Battle #28: Xenobia

Xenobia: Master Ghaleon may not be here... but I will destroy you anyway.

Battle #29: Rofel, Adramelk and Kletian

*The team has been fully healed!

Rofel: The power of the Zodiacs shall stop you.
Adramelk: Hahaha... Fools.

Boss Battle #6: Zog and Melfice

Zog: I, the ruler of the Dark Dragons, shall end your lives here.
Melfice: Heh heh heh. You think this horn is just for show?

Team Nephrite's Matches

Floor 6b: The strongest of the strong (Before endgame)

So you want to fight the strongest beings? Fine, then. Let's see how you do.

Battle #26: Ghaleon

Ghaleon: Not Ghaleon, dear Quark... MAGIC EMPEROR GHALEON! What do you mean you're not Quark!?

Battle #27: Fou-lu

Fou-lu: The power of the Dragon Kings flows within me. You will not pass...

Battle #28: Myria 3

Myria: You shall die here. The world needs not such as you.

Battle #29: Sephiroth

Sephiroth: I LOVE CLOUD AND ZACK AND WANT TO DATE THEM AT GOLD SAUCER!

Boss Battle #6: Xorn

Xorn: ALL LOVE WILL PERISH.

---------------------------------------------

Team Consonant | Rika, Arc, Lilka, DoS White Wizard, Moulder
[Floor 6a]
Team Consonant vs. Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin
Team Consonant vs. Rubicante and Barbariccia
Team Consonant vs. Xenobia
*Full Heal
Team Consonant vs. Rofel, Adramelk and Kletian
Team Consonant vs. Zog and Melfice

Team Nephrite | Timelord, Nina4, Eileen, Raja, Bowser
[Floor 6a]
Team Nephrite vs. Ghaleon
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Fou-Lu
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Myria3
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Sephiroth
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Xorn

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 49
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 12:09:48 AM »
[Floor 6a]
Team Nephrite vs. Ghaleon- Turn skip abuse.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Fou-Lu- See above.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Myria3
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Sephiroth-
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Xorn- Not enough damage. Xorn's just too fast and damaging, and the team has no real source of offense otherwise.

Fail to team constant.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:15:34 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:05:03 AM »
[Floor 6a]
ZOMG ARC CAN USE INVINCIBLE NOW?!
Team Consonant vs. Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin - Rika busts speed, then buffs speed, the team heals forever while Arc slowly wears them down!
Team Consonant vs. Rubicante and Barbariccia - *shrugs*
Team Consonant vs. Xenobia - Thinking Invincible ensures that at least Arc will survive this fight, which is enough thanks to...
*Full Heal
Team Consonant vs. Rofel, Adramelk and Kletian - later
Team Consonant vs. Zog and Melfice - Too much Melfice respect. He starts OHKO-ing the healers and their resources run low. Zog can actually help out as long WW can't set up Nulflame.

[Floor 6a]
Thinking this would have been a better floor for Invincible-using Arc. A full-heal every round ensures that at least Arc would probably make it to the next battle. TimeLord's awesome trick is limited to once per floor no matter how many full heals there are... tricky.
Team Nephrite vs. Ghaleon
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Fou-Lu
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Myria3 - probably uses up Overdrive here.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Sephiroth
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Xorn - I have ridiculous Xorn respect, and without Overdrive, this is Xorn's match. Subject to change if Neph can beat Myria3 without Overdrive.

-Djinn
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:25:38 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 05:23:43 AM »
[Floor 6a]
Team Consonant vs. Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin - No respect for these.
Team Consonant vs. Rubicante and Barbariccia - Now...  I don't know which is better here.
*Full Heal

[Floor 6a]
Team Nephrite vs. Ghaleon - TimeLeap abuse.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Fou-Lu - TimeLeap abuse.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Myria3 - If Myria3 isn't faster than TimeLord, then TimeLeap abuse.  Otherwise, TimeEclipse first to bring down her speed, THEN TimeLeap abuse.  EDIT:  OK, is faster and immunes Speed Down.  Either he uses his OD, or gets splatted by Venom.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Sephiroth - Who's faster, Sephiroth or TimeLord?  Whichever, see Myria3 write-up.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Xorn - Still has an Overdrive.  Splat.  EDIT:  Or not.  Shame that the Full Heal doesn't recover the OD use.  EDIT2:  Still, TimeEclipse makes him not scary anymore.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:15:42 PM by Magic Fanatic »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
Team Nephrite vs. Myria3 - If Myria3 isn't faster than TimeLord, then TimeLeap abuse.  Otherwise, TimeEclipse first to bring down her speed, THEN TimeLeap abuse.

Myria's immune to TE's speed down and is fater, so timeleap doesn't do anything here.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 01:32:47 PM »
If that's the case here, then...  Yeah, I have to change my vote.  Are all BoF3 bosses immune to all status/debuffs unless otherwise noted in the stat topic as a general rule of thumb or something?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:38:10 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
Team Nephrite vs. Myria3 - If Myria3 isn't faster than TimeLord, then TimeLeap abuse.  Otherwise, TimeEclipse first to bring down her speed, THEN TimeLeap abuse.

Myria's immune to TE's speed down and is fater, so timeleap doesn't do anything here.

What exactly are you basing this on? Time Eclipse hits everything in Saga, why wouldn't it work here?

Regardless:

[Floor 6a]
Team Nephrite vs. Ghaleon - Easy, already been over this. Timeleap makes him unable to do anything.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Fou-Lu - Nina4 healing.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Myria3 - OK. Let's assume you don't see Time Eclipse working on Myria (Which makes no sense to me...) and also don't let Terrorize affect her. She goes first and casts Venom. Timelord has the second-highest PSY stat in Saga Frontier, which affects status resistance, and Venom is entirely resistable. Eileen, theoretically, has high magic defense, but let's disregard that. Nina4 is immune. Raja has Psy Shields. Bowser sucks. Let's say, worst case scenario, Venom manages to confuse both Eileen and Bowser (which I don't see, but anyway) Nina4 is faster than Eileen, so she just heals the status. Eileen Copper Fleshes herself and now Myria would have to Sanctuary to get rid of that. It doesn't matter, because at this point I'll be able to start throwing out Timetwister + Earthquake on the next turn. Myria has no way of doing anything lasting to the team before she gets killed. Remember, Venom makes separate status checks, so...
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Sephiroth - Also not an issue, Sephiroth's HP sucks.
*Full heal
Team Nephrite vs. Xorn - Even without Overdrive, Time Eclipse should deal with most of this. Without it, well, I can just chip to before the Death Knell phase and then bum-rush with Timetwister, a Nina4 spell and Bowser doing something.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:35:32 PM by Nephrite »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 08:09:14 PM »
TE hits everything, I don't think the speed down works on everything though.
-------------------

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:13:53 AM »
Seems nobody's taking on Team Consonant... anyone want to try and break that down?

[Floor 6a]
Team Consonant vs. Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin
Urgh.  Seems like a mess.  Who's got what status immunities?  I know Elena's got a confusion move, which is potentially bad news if DoS White Wizard starts reviving the wrong side or something.  Pyramid is potentially annoying too since the team kind of lacks damage, though I guess Arc has enough damage to probably take care of that early.  Suspect Consonant wins but no clue as to how the fight plays out; his damage is low, but my respect for FF8 boss HP is pretty low considering how easy it is to Limit like crazy.  And the FF7 bosses have horrible damage when it comes to actually finishing people off.
Team Consonant vs. Rubicante and Barbariccia
Er.  Valvalis picks her Tower of Bab-Il form which has Storm for team Weak effect, dies horribly from Moulder's counter (her Tower form is Holy-weak), then Rubicant finishes everyone off with Fire2.  Rika gets a turn but can't do much with it.
I'm going to assume that Val/Barb's Tower form is meant to be illegal, though, or wasn't what's supposed to be considered as the Storm->Fire2 combo is practically impossible to stop...  okay.  Val spins.  Rika...  Saners I guess?  Rubicant Glares at.. hmm, he wants to get WW, but I think he needs to get Arc before he can go Invincible.  Arc likely offs Rubicant personally if he doesn't do this.  Lilka...  hmm, the stat topic doesn't list some kind of anti-elements spell like Cecilia.  Not feeling like checking the full list at the moment, so I guess she revives Arc?  White Wizard casts NulFire, Moulder attacks Rubicant, Valvalis weaks White Wizard and starts Gradually Petrifying Moulder.  Rika probably beats Rubicant out to the next turn and heals WW before he can MT a Fire2 (which probably wouldn't finish off the 25% Arc anyway).  Rubicant...  well, he can Glare Arc, who isn't buffed, or try and Glare out someone else through their NulFlame.  He might be able to kill Lilka this way as an outside shot?  Valvalis physicals Arc, killing him again.  I think Lilka probably survived, so Sanered Lilka revives Arc again.  WW heals Arc.  Moulder delivers more damage.  So yeah, that's the end of round 2, the team is Sanered and mostly Nulflamed, and Moulder is delivering damage consistently (through the Sage Arcane side, natch, so as not to lose Magic Triangle advantage).  I suppose it's possible for Rubicant to Glare his way through Nulflamed Lilka to kill her given good damage variance...  if that happens...  hmm, WW has to revive Lilka, and Moulder heals for a turn.  Alternatively, the team can give up Moulder's early damage for healing and maybe get Rika another turn to Illusion the Fiends as well.  Yeah, close match, but think Consonant takes it.

Arc solos this.

*Full Heal
Interestingly enough apparently none of these guys are immune to Slow.  Rika still Saners to open (for the evade, which actually matters since sometimes Adramelk would rather attack physically).  Meanwhile the FFT crew is kinda screwed by how I think the turnsplit comes out - they have 10 Speed, which I think makes them basically average or slightly above average.  Most of Consontant's team is also averageish, meaning that if they immediately charge their spells, they're getting smacked for extra damage.  Or even worse, WW might be able to cast the right NulElement spell to mess with the attack.  Well at least Rofel will be breaking something...  and Adramelk has those quasi-legal status attacks they practically never ever use in game.  I suspect the team has trouble breaking through the iron wall of healing, as usual, though, and their main hope is in those status attacks.  Which, well, meh.

They had something broken in the first round probably... not sure what.  Melfice Demon Horde Slashes, but that's not a OHKO, and Zog is insanely slow such that WW will have already cast Nulflame and healing probably will have been distributed to stop Char.  Best hopes as usual rely on Silencing people - if Melfice could Silence WW before WW got a turn, that'd be helpful, but I don't think the Regenerator is as fast as Melfice.  And both Lilka and WW can dispel it anyway.  So yeah.  Melfice puts up a good fight but once the team is Sanered such that they can keep up, he can't break their healing.  And Zog is awful.  If Melfice could use his Sword effectively here, then Consonant would be in trouble - Demon Horde + Sword physical + Silence means he can flatten WW in one turn and Silence Lilka, but Rika Sanered which made everyone stupid evasive, so that probably doesn't work.

Tentative pass to Consonant.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:25:46 AM by SnowFire »

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:40:49 AM »
Both teams fail.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 12:10:05 PM »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »
Team Nephrite passes

Dungeon vs Team Consonant
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:11:56 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
Mmmm.... Pass to both teams. High Saner/Deban respect/letting TE work here should allow both sides to narrowly squeak through, though I had to calc out Xorn's match for myself (Copper Flesh is a funny way to ensure some people survive that, and if he's Despairing in between instead of trying to keep people dead Earthquake rush occurs).

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »
Uhhhhhh...

Team Nephrite, reading over arguments, I'm going to have to say tentative fail, based on how I see him needing Overdrive twice.

EDIT: I'm reminded that Team Consonant has ways to pretty much Zog ineffective, even if he does get a turn, so now I'm not so sure anymore. I guess a tentative pass in that case.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 11:41:17 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 06:21:22 PM »
My team passes.  I don't see anyone as being OHKO'd by Melfice (nobody on my team is frail aside from Lilka, who has the whole WA2 defense is worthless thing working in her favor) and Zog is horribly slow (50 to a 97 average, really?).  Saner, Deban, and WW's defensive tricks more or less handle the last fight, and I don't see any problems in getting to it.

Team Neph has a harder time, though.  Main problem is Myria, as Venom is freakishly accurate and can fuck the team over if TL doesn't use Overdrive, and I don't see TimeEclipse's speed busting as working here (unless Myria3 is somehow not immune to stat-downs?  I could have sworn that BoF3 bosses generally were, though).  Anyways, not sure how the team gets past Myria without using Overdrive, which it sounds like the team needs for the last fight, though they might squeak by if TE speed rape works on Xorn?  Tenative fail.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 11:38:11 PM »
Reading over Neph's argument, I am reminded that this is Myria3, so the overall respect is a lot lower here. Without Venom, which Neph makes a good argument for surviving, Myria3 isn't really much besides durable.

I'm thinking his strategy works well enough that his team can at least survive the match, which is all he needs, without using up Overdrive.

As long as he has Overdrive, he can handle Xorn.

Neph passes.

-Djinn

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 10:14:32 PM »
Confirming my tentative pass on Consonant as a pass pass.

Bardiche

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
PAssing both of the guys.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »
*Whips Neph* Updating?
-------------------

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 03:48:45 PM »
I was just going to ask you to do that! ;)

Hope things are ok with you Neph~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"