Register

Author Topic: Random Mafia - Be Afraid...Very Afraid  (Read 52358 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Random Mafia - Be Afraid...Very Afraid
« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2008, 08:05:52 PM »
Zenny tried a little gambit but it backfired horribly due to his own stupidity.  Dhyer caught this.  What's this say about Dhyer, not sure; I agree he's been wishy washy, and going after 2 ROLE CLAIMED Towns does feel off (though going after Zenny the second time makes sense; Zenny was a complete idiot to do what he did.)  Definitly something seems up.

To be fair, you also voted for two role claimed townies after they claimed. If you mean day 1, I took off right after Otter and Zenny both posted, and neither really struck me enough. Zenny's role claim had no other foundation at the time like Smodge's did, so I didn't take it as something that would absolve him. Otter's lies were revealed long after I was gone. After that, I voted for Zenny when he lied about being silenced (Which I caught because I knew he had spoken that day as I had already noted that he slid back into lurking with no one else noticing), and Smodge on day 3. You yourself made both of these votes.

I guess we're waiting for Alex, so I won't change my vote at this moment, although not 100% sure I'd be back from work in time for the end of the day.
...into the nightfall.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2008, 09:37:47 PM »
Blech. Waiting for Alex, but not feeling any more confident about Tai.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2008, 10:16:54 PM »
Care to elaborate? I'm starting to lean toward him a bit myself upon reflection.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2008, 10:21:13 PM »
To be fair, you also voted for two role claimed townies after they claimed. If you mean day 1, I took off right after Otter and Zenny both posted, and neither really struck me enough. Zenny's role claim had no other foundation at the time like Smodge's did, so I didn't take it as something that would absolve him. Otter's lies were revealed long after I was gone. After that, I voted for Zenny when he lied about being silenced (Which I caught because I knew he had spoken that day as I had already noted that he slid back into lurking with no one else noticing), and Smodge on day 3. You yourself made both of these votes.

This is true, but my voting Smodge was something I didn't feel completely right about.  I pretty much openly said I'm doing this just to hammer him, get the day over, and hopefully the flip will help us out.  Turns out all it did was make Alex aim towards Ciato now instead of him, which...I'm not confident is a good thing.

With Zenny?  Bone Headed move on his part.  He did something stupid, it seemed like a scum ploy, turned out it was just him pulling a bad stunt.

I did lay off Smodge for a while...at least I think I did, faulty memory trying to make myself look better could be kicking in granted.  Zenny...don't think I attacked him until after his BSed Silence was revealed.

Anyway, want to hear from Alex.  And probably Tai, since thinking about it, "Ok, I'll come up with something!" "Ok, I still haven't thought of something, just posting to show I exist, I'll get something later I swear!" "OK HERE'S A HUGE POST AGAINST ONE PERSON IN PARTICULAR!" does feel off.  Both need to speak up.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »
Not to sound like a broken record or add a lot of stress, but...

2.5 hours left.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2008, 10:36:47 PM »
Confident, as in I'm not feeling any better about his potential as  townie. Sorry for being unclear there.

I dunno, for all the space his post takes up... it seems to say very little to me. It seems like inflation, trying to make the post look big and important without really saying anything meaningful. When you've been lurky, cliff-hangery and all that... that isn't a useful post type.

Alex... blargh. The tunnel vision would just be bad scum play without invoking serious WIFOM, which makes me more confident about him.

Also, wow. Only 2.5 hours. Gargh. I stand by Tai. Have to run out for a few, hopefully back before time.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2008, 10:38:47 PM »
Oookay this post is almost enough to make me change my vote. If x turns town, lynch y? It sounds like you already know the results of this flip.
Quite the opposite, it has nothing to do with flips, it's about reads.
Alex is suspect #1, and you're suspect #2, in my books. Obviously things will need to be re-examined after flip, though.

It's because you say things like this that make you sound suspicious.

Damnit Alex hurry up. it's going to be too late for a roleclaim to matter at this rate..
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2008, 10:55:15 PM »
Still a bit unclear on something but...

If there's no Hammer, does the person with the most votes get lynched, or is there just no lynching, or is it a case by case decision based on the Mod?

Haven't played a game where there was a day that didn't finish with a Hammer, so still a bit unclear on that.  If this was already answered, I apologize for asking again <_<;

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2008, 10:56:56 PM »
It'll be a no lynch. Which means we definately need to hammer.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2008, 11:06:21 PM »
I'm about to leave the library and it seems like none of the available votes are sure they'll be back in time.  I don't like it, but it beats no lynch.  Want me to end it so we're sure, or you wanna bet on one of us getting back?

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2008, 11:09:22 PM »
 Might as well; there's no one else at the moment, and lynching no one can't really be a good thing.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
And by that I mean I doubt the others have enough time to come back and argue; 2 and a half hours...yeah...

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2008, 11:12:54 PM »
Whargh I am the ups.
Roleclaim: I'm Karu-Eru,
Japan Superman.

Vanilla Townie.
You folks are being taken
for a great big ride.

Read my previous posts.
All of them, yeah.  How can I
defend myself more?

Tunnel vision's not
bad in this case.  I wasn't
here for Zenny's death,

which happened quite fast.
I got back to see Otter
minutes to deadline,

and did not think his
"lie" was major enough to
justify moving

my vote on a late
train like that.  That would have been
a bad thing for me

to do.  Remember
Ciato, read my post just
before this one, and

note where she lies quite
blatantly about her stance
on Smodge and myself

prior to today.
She did not defend him, nor
did she attack me

at all prior to
coming out today
and claiming she had.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2008, 11:15:21 PM »
Also look very
hard at Tai and Tom for his
last comment, as well

as everyone else.
Meeple isn't hitting my
radar that much, but

he too is merely
going with the flow now as
town rides with the girl.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 17, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »
##Unvote: Ciato, ##Vote: Alex only because we have no time for anything else.

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2008, 11:21:47 PM »
Clang clang clang...

WENT THE HAMMER!

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 17, 2008, 11:29:30 PM »
A new relentless struggle began the next day, as sides began to develop.  With few remaining, there couldn't be many vile evil scum left - and who better to go against than the riddle-speaker!

"I am no evil
for I am the Superman
hero to you all" cried Alex, as the mob rushed at him.

"If you're so Super, fly away!" cried Ciato. 

"Yeah!"  cried Tai.  "You must really be The Riddler!  Take THAT creative role-claims!"

"Uh..."  Meeple stuttered, "they aren't even from the same universe.  That's Batman."

"...damn" said Tai, as they all took turns beating Alex's head in.

Turns out that Superman's real weakness isn't kryptonite, but repeated traumatic blows to the head.

Alex (Superman, Defender of Earth, obviously he is GOOD AND JUST since this isn't Bizzarro Superman we're talking about) has been killed!

Dhyer (0) - <Andrew>
Alex (5) - Ciato, Meeple, Tai, EvilTom, Yakumo
Yakumo (1) - <EvilTom>, Dhyerwolf
Ciato (1) - Alex, <Yakumo>
Tai (1) - Andrew

SEND ME THE NIGHT ACTIONS!

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2008, 04:10:14 AM »
With the death of Earth's greatest defender, a huge blow was dealt to the remaining defenders.  As night began to creep upon them, the terror of losing another became real once more...

Until the next morning, when all awoke to see that none of their number had died!  Some divine intervention had surely saved them from another night of murder.  Re-energized, another day of hunting was to come...

The Living:
1) Tai (replacing Strago)
2) Tom
3) Dhyer
4) Yakumo
5) Ciato
6) Meeple
7) Andrew

With 7 alive, 4 are required for a kill.  The day will end in 48 hours, at 11pm EST on Saturday, January 19th.

Happy Hunting.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2008, 04:16:12 AM »
Well, looks like Alex told the truth, but all too late; dunno why he didn't role claim earlier when there was obviously pressure and he was being called out constantly.  On the bright side, that's all we lost, so sounds like the town Doc or Roleblocker or Bullet Proof person or WHATEVER is stopping the Scum from killing (which prevented a Nightkill the same time Zenny died) is still around, so we still have a shot.

Anyway, I think I'll take Alex's advice on his dying breath and look at Tai and Tom so...

##Vote: Taishyr

If only to start things off.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2008, 04:17:35 AM »
Let's not waste time here.

Yakumo looks really bad by not providing the chance for any argumentation to be had with Alex's roleclaim. Yes, we were close to deadline, but near as I can tell, most of us were also around and it HAS been proven we can take fast action on the board when we need to.

##Vote: Yakumo

Why couldn't you wait a few?

Addendum with Meeple's post while I'm going: Tai doesn't look particularly good either, no. I'm willing to give Tom the benefit of the doubt here though.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2008, 04:30:38 AM »
I told you why I couldn't wait a few, and I even got at least some support on the hammer.  Did you want to risk not getting the vote at all?  I was about to leave the library and wasn't sure I'd be back by     line, and both you and Dhyer had said you weren't sure you would be back in time either.

Dhyer: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=300.msg4359#msg4359
You: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=300.msg4387#msg4387

The only other vote not already on Alex was Alex himself.  One of the three people who weren't sure if they were going to return in time had to make the final vote, and I was the only one that hadn't left yet, so I made the hammer instead of chancing no lynch.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2008, 04:37:34 AM »
Well, see, that does make a big difference there Yakumo. I wasn't aware you were going to be gone as well, obviously. This makes a huge difference, shockingly, as it means you wouldn't be there to be able to hold things for potential discussions and hammer when the time.

##Unvote: Yakumo

Now I'll think for a moment.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2008, 04:49:24 AM »
Well damn. I'm quite sorry about all that bollocks yesterday. *headdesks* I'm going to go back and read the topic over, because I'll be damned if I wasn't 99.9% convinced that Alex was scum.

In the meantime... look at the silly monkey!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2008, 05:00:04 AM »
Ok, going back and reading EvilTom, a few things stand out to me:

One is his attack on Excal.  He used the "Bored Vanilla Townie with nothing to do" point here, and Excal attacked it.  Now, while I DID agree with Excal on his point at the time...and frankly still do (Vanilla Townies are important if only for the whole "Town's advantage is its numbers" aspect alone, which they help for obvious reasons)...it feels more like bad wording than anything else.  He and Excal go at it...Excal eventually gets modkilled and flipped as a Scum.  Point in EvilTom's favor, especially since Excal tried to vote for him.  Now, could be a WIFOM situation; they go after each other, one dies, makes the other look better as a result, but...risky move when they already lost someone and have only have gotten 2 Towns dead in 2 nights.  If Otter was still alive/was town, that might make their little sacrifice strategy more meaningful, HOWEVER, given it was suggested that there's likely only 1 Scum left, with the off chance of a 4th (hard to say at this point), so back then, there'd be two, and killing off one means they'd be playing a massive gambit that...yeah, not worth it at that point.  If all Scum were alive, I'd probably be more willing to accept this theory at the moment, but with one gone and the fact that they lost at least one Nightkill, this puts them in a bad situation to pull a move like that.

Feel free to explain why it'd still be a good move, granted (and it could still work out if there's one more Scum than we think; if there's 4, that strategy might still be worth it; 5/2 split for them puts them in a good position.)

Anyway, the other thing that stands out?
EvilTom DEFENDED Alex.  He pushed for Yakko initially, explained why he thinks its him, and explained why Alex's strategy wasn't a good strategy for scum.  While Alex didn't really play all that well (despite his claims, Tunnel Vision to that degree wasn't a smart move, ESPECIALLY when Smodge DID role claim and we had little else to go off of, ended up killing one of our own in the process, and all it did was make him look bad), EvilTom did accurately explain that Alex playing Scum like that would be worse than him playing Town like that, and low and behold, Alex flips up Town.

I'm willing to accept Tom's statement of Bored Vanilla Townie as just bad wording; these things happen, scum or town.  Without the use of an Edit button, you can't go back and change that (you can try to correct in another post, but I can see that being paranoid and saying "wait, changing that wording might look equally bad!" situation.)  As a result, giving him the benefit of the doubt here; his Yakko analysis was jumping to conclusions some, ones which helped his theory out, but in the end, he didn't consider "but wait, what if he isnt' Dalek" which completely alters his strategy, or conversely, what if in this kind of Mafia, OK made Dalek a town?

HOWEVER, Tai's not looking good regardless, and Tai defended Yakko, and Yakko hammered Alex (albeit, I supported it.)  Yakko's hammering makes sense; he asked for support, did get some, and apparently was pressed for time in a manner where he genuinely felt he was the deciding factor for hammering, and there weren't enough for anyone else to really change anything.  As a result, giving Yakko the benefit of the doubt.

That mainly leaves Tai as the suspicious one.

What about Ciato?  She seemed to be going after Alex in a way that was mostly "Stop your damn Tunnel Vision!" nonsense.  Again, while she was wrong on this being a scumploy...I agree that Tunnel Vision is *NOT* a good thing, especially to the degree Alex was playing, and considering how it backfired horribly, both for who we lynched, what the result of said lynch led to, and how all it did was make Alex look more suspicious by lynching someone whose role claim ended up being exactly as he claimed.

Alex did roleclaim before getting hammered, yes...but by that point, it was too late, so different story.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2008, 05:22:26 AM »
Honestly, the one that's bugging me the most is Dhyer.  He hasn't been posting a lot, and when he does it is often just a repeat of opinions that other people have put out there.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=300.msg4061#msg4061
The only post he has all day that has any real analysis at all, and not much.  A little blurb commenting on Ciato and Alex's arguments for each other, and a comment that he agrees with Tom's analysis on me.  I hadn't responded yet, but he appears to take the whole thing at face value.  Fair enough I guess, though I would think anyone that read the whole thing would at least have a couple questions to ask about it.  I'm probably just biased, but I thought there were at least a few obvious flaws in there along with the good points.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=300.msg4143#msg4143
This post mentions that I hadn't addressed point seven yet, basically.  I suppose I probably should have said this while I was still at the library, but I can't do quotes or linking properly with my PSP, which is what I was using for posting:  I would have to type the entire tags in by hand.  Add to that the small character limit, and it's too much of a pain to bother with.  So, asking me for this is valid, but that's pretty much the entirety of the post, aside from admitting that some of my defense made sense.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=300.msg4304#msg4304
Comments point by point on the case against me by Tom.  Worth noting that by this point I had explained the only thing that had been brought to my attention that people saw as misrepresentation, and if there was something else for point seven I wish someone would have directly said something so I knew what you thought I was misrepresenting.  Some comments on Tai basically only talking about Alex/Ciato and not anyone else, but I find it odd that he wants Tai to comment on things more but isn't really commenting on stuff himself.  Adds in another bit about Alex/Ciato, but it basically says to me that he doesn't want to get involved.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=300.msg4359#msg4359
Defending himself against a point made by Meeple.  Don't see anything especially odd in the post, but it doesn't touch on anything else except to say that he didn't want to hammer Alex before he got a chance to claim, but wasn't necessarily going to be around.

There really isn't much evidence that he's scum here, to be honest.  It's mostly a gut feeling combined with the fact that he hasn't really gotten deeply involved in either of the big cases: he rode on Tom's case against me, and he stayed neutral on the Alex/Ciato mess.  It just strikes me that he doesn't have an actual opinion that we can press him on.  I'm going to look at stuff from the earlier days now to see if I can find anything to make this more than just a hunch.

Tom, as I said yesterday, I think is a townie who just got overzealous.  Some of those points were admittedly solid enough to question me on, I can't really say I'd been playing perfectly to that point.

Tai is also kind of a wild card to me at this point, but he's been actively putting out opinions for people to see when he does show up and post.  Granted, he does this even when he's scum, but it doesn't strike me as bad, while Dhyer's general lack of visible opinion does.

Meeple is still a mostly neutral read, maybe a little town.  It's hard for me to read Meeple in general, but he seems to be trying to be helpful and hasn't done anything seriously wrong that I've noticed yet.

Andrew, I'd like to hear more from.  He's not posted a lot, but again, he's giving more memorable opinion than Dhyer is.

Ciato... well.  She was getting on Alex's case about the tunnel vision, then seemed to almost snap when he attacked her at the beginning of the day.  She did have valid points against him, though I didn't exactly agree with them.  I dunno, if not for the OMGUS look to her vote on him she probably wouldn't look bad, but that reaction makes me look at her a bit funny.  Not at the top of my suspicion list, but she's on it.

I guess the basic point of that list is to ask Andrew and Tai to make themselves better known in the game, neither of you have been terribly active.  I'm going to go take a look at Dhyer's early stuff now.