Register

Author Topic: Random Mafia - Be Afraid...Very Afraid  (Read 52255 times)

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Random Mafia - Be Afraid...Very Afraid
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2008, 12:59:09 AM »
Accessing memory...

So Alex Speaks in Haiku and Yakumo speaks almost robot-like.

I wonder if theres a link.

I apologize if trying to work out if there was any motive behind the posts, correct me if i'm wrong, but don't scum sometimes have roles to? also although i have seen Alex "act strange" in both his games, it now seems to be more the norm for him, Yakumo on the other hand is the first time i have seen him do it, hence i was wondering if he was playing around with whatever flavor or if there was a link.

Meatbag with unlucky numeration comments twice on possible link between method of communication of myself and the poet and our respective in-game personages.  Evidence does not show him pursuing this investigation with unusual vigor.  Poet is perhaps overreacting.  However, also noted: minimal evidence usually enough to cause voting on first day.  Alarm circuitry not responding to either side.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2008, 01:17:48 AM »
I think that Alex is going on the aggressive rather fast, trying to throw things out there while burying it all in haiku. Haiku is fun mind, but that doesn't make the party in question less suspicious.

Smodge might be trying to glean information no matter which side he's on, but it's probably a bad town move if he he is indeed town, since scum knowing things by townies being put on the spot = disasterous.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2008, 02:02:37 AM »
Smodge 13 posted:
"Gee, Alex and Yakumo
talk funny.  THEY'RE LINKED!"

"Perhaps it's their roles.
Do you guys have roles, perhaps?
Please tell me if so!"

"I apologize
for trying to work out if
you have power roles."

"Scum can have roles, too.
So this could be a scumtell
for the two of you!"

Is it big?  Not much.
But he brought roles into it
and that's pro-scum play.

I'm not as willing
to chalk this up to bad play
as I once might have.

Enough to vote on.
Day 1, and it's a real thing.
Do you have better?

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2008, 02:10:33 AM »
Your taking it out of context quite well, i guess it can't be avoided with haiku, all i said was "i wonder if there is a link".

I expressed curiosity on the fact that both of you are talking funny, you were the one who turned it into a role thing.
I defended myself, naturally, there is a possibility of there being a link, its unlikely, but there is a chance.

I Never asked for your role, i only stated curiosity at if there is a link never did i say i was trying to work it out, your aggressiveness of the simple comment has led me though to think more deeply on the issue even though it probably has little importance.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2008, 02:24:32 AM »

I apologize if trying to work out if there was any motive behind the posts, correct me if i'm wrong, but don't scum sometimes have roles to? also although i have seen Alex "act strange" in both his games, it now seems to be more the norm for him, Yakumo on the other hand is the first time i have seen him do it, hence i was wondering if he was playing around with whatever flavor or if there was a link.

Query: If this does not entail wondering about my role due to my communication methods, then what method would you use to refer to that subject?

Warning:  Deliberate falsehood related to dramatic reduction in meatbag service time.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2008, 02:26:54 AM »
I seriously think Alex and Yakko just had similar trains of thoughts coming into this, and decided to take this Mafia game in a bit of a light hearted fashion, at least in the sense of the construct of their posts (not so much the way they play; I figure they'd be playing normally and analyzing as usual, same content given, etc. underneath the silliness); really, as I said, given the name is Random Mafia, Alex posting in Haikus and Yakko acting as though he's a robot just fit the general mode and keep things more amusing!

Its also possible one saw the other post in one style, and figured they need to one up it, and responded in that matter.  I'd say who was inspired by who, but too lazy to go back to see who started this silliness, and frankly, going from Robot to Haiku or vice versa is a bit...odd...

...though, Smodge is feeling a bit suspicious.  Its not much to work with, but the fact that he tried to link Yakko and Alex's general silliness and tried to find a role, even if it was just a slip, seems...I dunno.  Though, since it seems we're finished with Joke Voting, I'll unvote mine!

...as soon as I check who I actually voted on so I don't make an ass of myself <_<;
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2008, 02:28:12 AM »
and apparently, it was Dhyer like I thought, SO...

##Unvote: Dhyerwolf

And...eh, might as well go ahead with this since there's not much else to work with, and its Day 1, so really, ANYTHING to work with is better than nothing, so...

##Vote: Smodge13

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2008, 02:28:26 AM »
Mentioning equals
implication, just as much.
See Wheel of Time game.

If I were to say
"I wonder if so and so
could be the doctor"

That would be quite bad.
Just as an example, mind.
But you get my point.

They're leading statements
that encourage Yakko/me
to explain ourselves

To be fair, you're right -
Ciato brought up roles first.
You played to her, though.

Wondering out loud
is not a good thing to do
unless you've a goal.

No obvious goal
from those statements is pro-town.
Think for yourself, there.

Ciato's as bad,
almost, for joining in too.
I'll remember that.

It's really not much,
just enough basis for a
day one vote from me.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2008, 02:31:52 AM »

Query: If this does not entail wondering about my role due to my communication methods, then what method would you use to refer to that subject?

Warning:  Deliberate falsehood related to dramatic reduction in meatbag service time.

I only did after Alex brought up roles. i didn't think it had anything to do with townie roles until AFTER Alex brought it up and accused me of trying to decipher his role.
I wasn't but knowing the word of people in this is often suspect and a simple "i wasn't trying to determine your roles" wouldn't suffice, i decided to try and argue the fact that scum also have roles. Naturally that didn't work, however it is interesting how Alex pursues the issue, however he did the same in Tsukihime and was town.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2008, 02:33:23 AM »
Um, excuse me? Saying that you might be talking in character doesn't imply anything at all. If you are town or scum you can talk in character... I didn't speculate roles from this. How the hell could you possibly speculate roles from this? Honestly it feels like you are just trying to make something out of very little, which doesn't sit well with me at all.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2008, 02:34:00 AM »
oops may have been wrong about who brought in roles, either way i wasn't the first to bring it in, i'll have to go back and check.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2008, 02:37:58 AM »
Reply thirty
and thirty one, as well
is the role talking.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2008, 02:39:44 AM »
I will admit I mentioned the idea of roles, but it was a very superficial use of the term; it was like Ciato said, it was Role in the sense of Character.  I even followed up by saying "whether they be town, scum, 3rd party, or some unholy combination of the 3"; it was an attempt to rationally explain Alex's odd behavior (by his standards) in his topic, though I seriously think its more Alex just trying to capture the spirit of Random Mafia more so than anything else.

Ditto to Yakko.

Excal even tried to join in by making his talk style Shatner speak!  Why he doesn't just follow up and keep that up, I don't know; it certainly made things even more amusing <_< >_>

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2008, 02:43:59 AM »
They might be forced to talk in their roles?

Simple speculation and it seems more of a suggestion than anything else, doesn't seem like a comment that could harm much.

Your last two posts, what?
Don't do scum's thinking for them.
Town should not out roles.

I confirm nothing.
Your speculation is bad.
Not good pro-town play.

I still don't see whats wrong with a simple interest in what/who you are, you don't need to comment at all on it, just talking in all haiku's seemed weird as does robot speak, which admittedly fits in with the whole random aspect but all i was curios about was if there was a link or not.

Day 1 we're often grasping at straws due to lack of information, hence we take what each other say and look at it very closely, Alex's and Yakumo's being the hardest to understand and both "acting weird" i naturally voiced my thoughts on whether there is a link or its just coincidence, then however you jump on me for something that small and continue with it.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2008, 02:48:45 AM »
Also:

Otter has one jokevote! Andrew has one jokevote even earlier. Otter has been epically space cadety in recent games, but I really think he needs to show up sooner or later.

##VOTE: Otter

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2008, 02:52:54 AM »
"I still don't quite see
what's wrong with an interest
in who/what you are"?

This is the reason
I keep posting about it.
If you're town, take notes!

Scum want to know roles,
both game roles and characters,
for targeting kills.

Town does not want this.
It is in town's best interests
to conceal all roles.

This always holds true
unless your game's so broken
that claim/sort will win,

or you've hit lategame
where the scum can't get more kills.
Day 1?  Worst role time!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2008, 02:56:57 AM »

I still don't see whats wrong with a simple interest in what/who you are, you don't need to comment at all on it, just talking in all haiku's seemed weird as does robot speak, which admittedly fits in with the whole random aspect but all i was curios about was if there was a link or not.

I'd frankly find the possibility of any potential link there being scum fairly low. In fact the possibility of a link is low to me in general. Interest in what you are is.... .... not good at all for you, I must say. "What you are" almost seems like a slip if anything.

Taishyr

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2008, 03:23:39 AM »
Well, golly gee whillickers! This game's going so goshdarn fast, and this internet thing is tough! Gee, lemme see...

Welp, it seems that Smodge is getting discussion again! But, such a thing could be a slip. Gee, deciding is tough. Lemme think on that, but it doesn't feel as big as this funny haiku guy makes it out to be.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2008, 03:39:39 AM »
End of current day projected to be before my return to the environment of the message boards.  Vote therefore applied to furry aquatic mammal to persuade it to join in the general discussion, as continued absence here appears quite odd.

##Vote: Otter

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2008, 03:43:51 AM »
Wellll let's see what we've got!

EvilTom- threw out a vote when he wouldn't be around to remove it! Made the "I'm not scum" gambit!

Smodge- Is reputedly trying to extract role information on day 1?! I didn't read it that way, although he's admitted he's fishing for information on what people are. My gut tells me he's playing townie poorly more than playing scum, but I guess he could be playing scum poorly! So.

Alex- Cracked down on smodge pretty hard! ##Unvote: SirAlex He's done this before, although, you know, I've never actually perceived him as being easy on newbies before this game (or during this one!)

Ciato- Seemed to be on smodge's side early on, but is changing tack and attacking him instead!

Summary? All cases are weak! Few tells at this time! Aggressive play != scumtell, bad play might be but I'm not convinced of smodges. Defaulting to LaL. ##Vote: Otter
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2008, 04:01:44 AM »
1) Quietrain (1): Zenny
2) Otter (3): Ciato, Yakumo, Carth
3) Tai
4) EvilTom (1): Dhyer
5) Smodge (3): Excal, Alex, Meeple
6) Dhyerwolf (1): <Meeple>, Tom
7) Alex (0): <Carthrat>
8) Carthrat (1): Tai
9) Yakumo (0): <Alex>
10) Ciato
11) Meeple (1): Andrew
12) Andrew (1): Otter
13) Excal (1): Smodge
14) Zenny (1): Quietrain

There are ~20 hours remaining in day 1

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to kill

If there is a tie for max vote-getters, AIM DICE SHALL DECIDE WHO DIES

...mmm...that's got to be scarier than Hatbot.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2008, 04:05:57 AM »
##Unvote: Tom

No point in keeping it there since he really is effectively squared away until day 2 unless he comes back early.

Smodge seemed to make a slipup, but not a horribly egregious one. However, felt like he was a bit inconsistent after that since he wasn't sure if he was the one who brought up roles or not, but his inquisitiveness seems more newbie town than anything else.

I also don't really have any other reads at this time, so LAL seems to be the way to go. Otter already has some pressure, so

##Vote: Zenthor

He hasn't posted since the pure joke, and he wasn't mentioned in Ciato's small lurking list.
...into the nightfall.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2008, 04:06:40 AM »
Rat is right about one thing there are a few lurkers out there, not only Otter, but Andrew and Zenny haven't posted much either.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2008, 05:15:06 AM »
##Unvote: Excal

I'll throw a vote on the leading lurker tomorrow before deadline.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2008, 05:16:12 AM »
Woops, quoted instead of bolded.
##Unvote: Excal