Register

Author Topic: Simpsons Mafia GAME OVER - TOWN WIN  (Read 39971 times)

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: Simpsons Mafia DAY THREE
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2009, 05:42:38 PM »
Xanth, if you switch then I believe it is a 3-way tie.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
WHAT WHAT WHAT
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2009, 05:43:52 PM »
Oh man oh dear oh what.

##Unvote: Yoshiken
##Vote: Andrew

Incoming clusterfuck.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 10, 2009, 05:44:33 PM »
I'll look really stupid if Yoshi is scum, especially since I'm going on 'vibe' here rather than anything solid.

And I'll look really stupid if this doesn't work out. I'm pretty much certain that Andy's scum at this point, and if he flips town... Well, I'm pretty much gone tomorrow. And, if that happens... well, that's 4 town in 2 days, with only 9 players remaining? Not good.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 10, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »
Sigh. On another topic, I'm also not sure what to make of Yoshi's declining to drop a vote on Excal, especially he's already done so once today. I mean, it'd make perfect sense for him to do so whether he's town or scum. Yoshi, are you somehow more confident in Excal's towniness than your own?

EDIT: Ninjastorm what.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 10, 2009, 05:45:40 PM »
Votecount:
Excal (3): Cid, Yoshiken, Delta, Snowfire, Rat
Yoshiken (3): Andy, Xanth, Excal, Snowfire
Andy (3): Excal, EvilTom, Yoshiken, EvilTom, Xanth
Snowfire (0): Yoshiken

There are 15 minutes left in Day Three.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2009, 05:47:08 PM »
lol

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »
...Three-way sudden death. Guys, please, could you make a scenario that will be more confusing for us to puzzle out tomorrow?

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
Sigh. On another topic, I'm also not sure what to make of Yoshi's declining to drop a vote on Excal, especially he's already done so once today. I mean, it'd make perfect sense for him to do so whether he's town or scum. Yoshi, are you somehow more confident in Excal's towniness than your own?

Not so much his towniness as a combination of towniness and competence. I know that I look incredibly suspicious to everyone, and I know that that's mostly because of flawed arguments. Excal, on the other hand, looks suspicious for being mostly quiet & voting Xanth Day1, but has provided good, clear arguments.
I know I'm incompetent town. He seems competent to me, and I'm really not sure on town/scum any more. Overall, I think it'd be more beneficial to town for him to survive.

Wow, this has turned into a total mess. More than it was before, I mean. =/

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
Ack, something else I just considered. Tom, can you please give a rundown of what you think, depending on if/then with the current lynch-suspects?

Seeing as you're a certain town, it's quite probable that you'll be nightkilled, as you've said yourself before. If that's the case, I'd like to have your opinions in the open for everyone to consider.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 10, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »
Not so much his towniness as a combination of towniness and competence. I know that I look incredibly suspicious to everyone, and I know that that's mostly because of flawed arguments. Excal, on the other hand, looks suspicious for being mostly quiet & voting Xanth Day1, but has provided good, clear arguments.
I know I'm incompetent town. He seems competent to me, and I'm really not sure on town/scum any more. Overall, I think it'd be more beneficial to town for him to survive.

If you're not sure on his alignment, then again, I'm really weirded out by you favoring his survival over your own. Also, I must again reiterate that Excal's arguments didn't appear until he was heavily pressed for them by several players and nearly killed on day two. Someone's current attitude is not the be-all-end-all of their play this game. Look at the record.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 10, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
Holy Crap. I leave for a day, and look what happens.

Excal looks extremely scummy to me right now, because he appears to have meta-gamed himself, saying in his role-claim that he is Vanilla Town, as usual. A Yoshi lynch also looks nice, his flawed arguements working against him, but I don't know. It is between Excal and Yoshi for me. One of you, convince me.
Do I really look like I have a clue?

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 10, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
Cid, it's not that I favoured his survival over mine - hence the vote for Andy. I'm 99.9% sure Andy's scum, and if he's not, then I'm gone tomorrow. Risk I'm willing to take.
As for the other, I'm still torn between Snow & Rat.

Anyways, I'm not favouring his survival over mine - I'm saying that I favour neither in particular. Competent likely-town (based on elimination of my potential-scum) or incompetent town.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »
Yeah ok.

Andrew, Excal are my top 2 scummies. Not sure if I'd put them on a team together.

Xanth/ Snow are next

Then Rat and Delta, Yoshi too

Then Cid, for if he is scum, I give up now.

----------
Andrew - Lurking + his attack on me.
Excal - Generally lurking

Xanth - dodgyness early on, persisted in arguing things such as how he was town because of the end of day 1, how Rat was cleared for spotting votecounts etc.
Snow - Rat summed it up nicely a couple of pages ago, also he made a couple of dodgy statements early on. CBF looking now, no time.

Rat - Pointing out a voting error is not towny. He's been very very quiet. Is he hunting bunny wabbits? But when he talks, it's good stuff.
Delta - Wildcard. People have given him lotsa cred for lynch.. but still. Eh.
Yooshi - Vibe

etc.

No time, posting.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 10, 2009, 06:00:08 PM »
3-way sudden death?

Crap.

This may be a loonggg night.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2009, 06:00:34 PM »
Excal looks extremely scummy to me right now, because he appears to have meta-gamed himself,
Delta, metagaming isn't really a scumtell.

One of you, convince me.
Don't let scum choose for you.

Which reminds me, Delta said some really dodgy stuff towards Alex, when Alex verified I was town, and Delta refused to unvote me, and basically rolefished Alex. Worth remembering. scumDelta not impossible.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 10, 2009, 06:01:05 PM »
TIME.

Votecount:
Excal (3): Cid, Yoshiken, Delta, Snowfire, Rat
Yoshiken (3): Andy, Xanth, Excal, Snowfire
Andy (3): Excal, EvilTom, Yoshiken, EvilTom, Xanth
Snowfire (0): Yoshiken

We are now in SUDDEN DEATH. The first person between Excal, Yoshi and Andy to hit 4 votes will be lynched.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 10, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »
Delta: I've gone over my reasons for Excal extensively, but I can at least explain why I prioritize Yoshi lower than him and Andy. Yoshi's made cases I disagree with, but ones that are at least understandable for a townie. Alex, for example? It doesn't really surprise me to see someone criticizing Alex day two for defending Meeple on day one. It might've been wrong, but it made sense, and Yoshi certainly didn't need the prod to get active that Excal did. As for his early lurking as compared to Andy and Excal's? Again, Strago having to leave the game skews this, so it's hard to read. Given how active Yoshi's been since joining, I'm inclined to read the early Strago/Yoshi inaction as less egregious than today's other lynch candidates.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2009, 06:04:19 PM »
Yeesh. I've nothing much to add to what I said earlier. Vanilla Town, 99.9% sure Andy's scum, secondary thought of Snow/Rat.

I'll be interested in what the others have to say on this matter. And if either of them change votes to hit the other.
I, on the other hand, will almost certainly be keeping my vote as it is.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2009, 06:05:26 PM »
Seconding Tom on Excal's roleclaim not being telling one way or another. There are plenty of things to hold against him but I don't think that's one of them.

Also noting that Tom's suspect list looks pretty much like mine right now, save with Yoshi just above Xanth.

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 10, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
I could hammer Yoshi or Andy now, but I cannot see a difference between them right now.

@ET:

The stuff I said to Alex was simply following on from his defense of meeple in Day one, and the fact that he had virtually role-claimed possible cop in a rather rash move to cover you. Of course, he came out as town, but no-one knew that then.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Anew Airplane Errata
« Reply #270 on: March 10, 2009, 06:10:09 PM »
Am I missing where this certainty's coming from, Yoshi? You've been on Excal and Snow before Andy today, so I'm a little confused as to why you're suddenly betting quite so much on this particular flip. Forgive me if it's written clearly, I'm just rushing to get these posts out now.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anew Airplane Errata
« Reply #271 on: March 10, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »
Am I missing where this certainty's coming from, Yoshi? You've been on Excal and Snow before Andy today, so I'm a little confused as to why you're suddenly betting quite so much on this particular flip. Forgive me if it's written clearly, I'm just rushing to get these posts out now.

Seconding this request (oh god must type fast before ninja happens).

Deltaflyer

• Denizen
  • The Hypnotoad Cometh!
    • View Profile
Re: Anew Airplane Errata
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »

Seconding this request (oh god must type fast before ninja happens).

Thirding this request also.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2009, 06:15:39 PM »
Yoshi could have voted Excal to save himself, and he could do so now. I think that's worth some town cred. He could have easily come up with a semi-legit case, or even claimed survival.

I can't see Yosh as scum in light of this.

Ironically, two of the three people voting Yosh are the other two trains. And Snow has been AWOL for a while.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2009, 06:18:04 PM »
I posted earlier in the day that Snow > Andy > Excal/Rat. Since then, Excal's only seemed more townish in his actions, which is why I narrowed it down to these three as the main suspects. However, I then found myself agreeing with a lot of the logic that Cid presented here: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=3003.msg53191#msg53191
Now, forgive me for basing my opinions on someone else's portrayal of events, but that's a fairly convincing argument.
And, call it instinct if you will, but I just don't see a Snow/Rat team. I'd love to delve into this further, but I honestly can't. Andy seems like the main suspect of the three, and if he's town, then that only leaves me with Snow/Rat (and an almost-certain lynch.)