Register

Author Topic: Simpsons Mafia GAME OVER - TOWN WIN  (Read 39960 times)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Simpsons Mafia GAME OVER - TOWN WIN
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:59:40 PM »
Who controls the British Crown?
Who keep the metric system down?
We do. We do.

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do. We do.

Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenburg a star?
We do. We do.

Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do. WE DO!

The song hung over the air of Springfield for years. Somewhere in between the layer of pollution that saved the down from a comet and the smoke plume from the perpetual fire at the Springfield Tire Yard.

The Stonecutters. An ancient and secret society devoted to honor, brotherhood, and beer. When they found The Chosen One, he was supposed to lead them to glory! Instead he inflicted the horrors of civic responsibility on them. And so, the historic society that even the Freemasons feared was destroyed in one fell swoop.

They waited for their chance to return to their former glory. And they have seized it. The citizens fear the night now, and not because of vandals stealing statue heads or the small but effective mob element. It's time to bring back a hallowed tradition of Springfield's past (or present if you're a snake), the lynch mob! And much like when Mr. Burns was shot, everyone in town is a suspect, because you can never know if behind someone's everday smile lies a coldhearted number waiting to get drunk every Friday night.

RULES

-Town Must Lynch; ties are resolved via sudden death.
-Scum Must Kill
-Serial Killers Must Kill
-Days will be 48 hours, subject to extension if desired by popular demand. Post ##Extension if you want one and if at least a third of you want it it will happen.
-You will be informed if someone tries to kill you at night or if you are roleblocked, regardless of applicability or success.
-Replacements will only be permitted on days one and two. Any hardcore lurkers or people who want to quit will simply be killed after that.
-Try to limit walls of text whenever possible. Repeated walls will result in a warning, then a mod-kill.
-Play to win
-Don't be lame
-Don't edit your posts
-Do not post your role PMs
-If you're not sure, ask, especially if you want role clarifications.

PLAYERS

2. Cid AKA C. Montgomery Burns, VANILLA TOWN.
3. Yoshiken AKA Bart Simpson, VANILLA TOWN.
6. Delta AKA Apu Nahasapeemapetalon, BULLETPROOF TOWN.
9. EvilTom AKA Leonard Leonardson, TOWN LIMITED MASON.

The Lynched and the Dead:
5. Meeplelard AKA Chief Clancy Wiggum, SCUM ROLECOP, lynched Day 1.
4. Bardiche AKA Dr. Julius Hibbert, VANILLA TOWN, killed Night 1.
7. Ryogo AKA Dr. Nick Riviera, VANILLA TOWN, lynched Day 2.
10. Alex AKA Carl Carlson, TOWN LIMITED MASON, killed Night 2.
11. Andy AKA Groundskeeper Willie, VANILLA SCUM, lynched Day 3.
1. Carthrat AKA Principal Seymour Skinner, VANILLA TOWN, killed Night 3.
12. Excal AKA Milhouse Van Houten, VANILLA TOWN, lynched Day 4.
8. Xanth AKA Maggie Simpson, TOWN ONE-SHOT VIGILANTE, killed Night 4.
13. Snowfire AKA Homer Simpson, SCUM GODFATHER, lynched Day 5.

TOWN WINS!

There are 13 players, the first to 7 votes will be lynched!

GO
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:06:09 PM by Hunter Sopko »

Ryogo

• DOC!
  • Denizen
  • Somebody call for a medic?
    • View Profile
Re: Simpsons Mafia DAY ONE
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:05:46 PM »
Hi Everybody!

It's time to party! Lets all go get nose jobs!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:11:23 PM »
While I know its early and I don't suspect a lot will happen at first...as is pure usual early Day 1 stuff...I should say this at very least:

I'm gonna be gone for most of tonight, so yeah, don't expect to see much of me for the first few hours of this game!

That said, I'm suspicious of Strago cause he smells.

[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »
OH THAT'S GREAT MEEPLELARD PICK ON THE GUY WHO HAS A LOT OF EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW

So, uh. I'm here. Yay, Day 1.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 11:41:55 PM »
Already making with the excuses, huh Meeple? Since apparently no one else is up to the task, it falls to me to cast the first stone!

##Vote: Meeple

Bardiche

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 01:00:15 AM »
##VOTE: EvilTom

So far this has been a good way to start a game, and I see no reason to deviate from this course of action.

Short of frowning at the act of announcing one's departure at the game start, which surely none of us will discredit you for, I see no other course of action readily available to me. I shall await further posts, then I suppose we shall somehow get the game rolling in an orderly and chaotic fashion.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 01:45:46 AM »
I am also here. Call me when something happens.

inbefore omgoocrat
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 03:00:47 AM »
So far this has been a good way to start a game, and I see no reason to deviate from this course of action.
How can you deviate from a 'course of action' that doesn't exist?  ???

##Vote Rat because I always do.

I need to go find an avatar now.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 03:48:32 AM »
Och. The game be started!

I demand we skip joke voting and start the serious voting NAO.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Pain Snacks Referendum
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 04:38:52 AM »
Surprise, I've successfully timed an illness with the start of the game. Doubtless this means I may miss chunks of time I'd usually have, but who needs those when I can be posting in the middle of the night like now instead when I've failed to stay asleep.

##Vote: Snowfire

Because it's clearly the best way to make new friends.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 04:42:59 AM »
Ok, I'm back and...

##Vote: El-Cid

You may be thinking "OMGUS!" but actually, I have sound reasoning behind this!

Already making with the excuses, huh Meeple? Since apparently no one else is up to the task, it falls to me to cast the first stone!

Notice the word he used here?  Isn't it odd that of all the metaphors to use, he'd use the one with the word "Stone" in it?  There's gotta be some association here!

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 04:45:31 AM »
Och. The game be started!

Gimme some criteria for SERIOUS BUSINESS that actually matters when a third of the players haven't posted, and I'll get right on that.

Also, serious lack of serious voting in a post that claims to demand such. Mighty suspicious there, Andy.

~

EDIT for Meepleninja: Oh pishposh, you just choose to suspect me because I used to be a member of the Stonecutters!

...I mean...look over there, everyone!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 06:02:31 AM »
Wait, what?  Your distraction is to point at me, the towniest townie to have ever towned?  An obvious scum ploy!

##Vote: El Cid

Ryogo

• DOC!
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 06:47:47 AM »
Because it's clearly the best way to make new friends.

Hi everybody!

Mafia? To make friends? That is about as absurd as my low, low medical bills and my near perfect record of fatalities while operating!

##Vote: Xanth

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 08:54:49 AM »
Votecount:
Meeple (1): El-Cid
Eviltom (1): Bardiche
Carthrat (1): EvilTom
Snowfire (1): Xanth
El Cid (2): Meeple, Excal
Xanth (1): Ryogo

There are 38 hours left in Day One.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »
Stonecutters?  Who?  What?  Wait, why are we lynching people?  Has anything bad happened yet?  Hey, why isn't the television working?  BART!  He's always the one behind these things...

## VOTE...  er, someone.  Bart, come here you and show yourself for some loving father-son choking!  Child abuse is funny!

P.S. to Stonecutters: Can you also tell me who you are?  I want in again!  I swear I won't mess things up with any notions of civic responsibility...

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 02:41:03 PM »
I'm right here, Daddy-o. Cowabunga and Do the Bartman and all that. Eat my shorts, etc.

##VOTE: Andrew

He's always scum, right? Or is that an old thing? Anyway, I've got nothin' else at this point.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »

Hey, uh, you know, Carthrat's called Nao on IRC, so, uh, why aren't you voting for him?

omgoocrat

##Vote: Carthrat

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Electronic Saturn Placement
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »
Well, I'm around now, but go figure where we're up to. I should be around fairly normally for the evening (and probably in the middle of the night again), but just in case I do drop off for half a day or something, take this now:

##Unvote: Snowfire

Nice to see that everyone's already accounted for in some regard (except for Delta, which makes sense given what I'd expect of his schedule).

Ryogo

• DOC!
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 05:03:51 PM »
Hi Everybody!

Yeah, I'm going out for the afternoon/night with the guys, but should be around computers for a deal of it so I SHOULD be able to get a post in here and there and keep up to date. But if I don't, I'd figure I'd let everyone know where I've disappeared to. After that, its pretty well smooth sailing.

Leaving the vote where it is though, for now. I'd rather have my vote down somewhere than nowhere if there's a chance I'm gonna be out and about, especially since its only the day 1 joke vote train coming to an end. Who knows? If I'm out, maybe Xanth will perform something on par with my latest malpractice accusation in terms of scumminess, and my day 1 joke vote will save the day!. Only time and morphine will tell!

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 05:55:55 PM »
##Unvote: Meeple

Jokevote and all. Instead:

##Vote: Andy

For demanding serious votes and not doing anything to help produce them. It was probably a joke on his part, but I don't see much else to go on right now.

Well, FoS on Xanth for talking more about his schedule than about other people. It's nice to know and all, but it doesn't really help us.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Slovakian Crumble Hound
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »
I'm a lazy bastard who would hardly post at all if I don't make commitments ahead of time to force myself into doing it. I'm fairly sure I've done this in at least most of the other games I've played in, so this is just me being me.

Here, you can have some random thoughts from me on other people if you wish, but I see nothing that would actually help to get things going (I know, I know, eternal dilemma):

I hate the joke phase as much as the next guy, but have more trouble with the memes than anything else, over refusing to participate in the phase at all (which I can at least see rationale for). It's all still a crapshoot no matter how you go about it and yes, a lot of it is intended in jest and good humour, but even in joke votes I prefer ones with a relevant-to-this-game train of thought (Meeple's is a good example of completely and utterly useless beyond as a joke vote, yet still fun and directed) than ones like Bardiche's and EvilTom's where there's nothing in-game about it (and Strago brushed by AIAS).

Take it or leave it as an opener. I hardly mean anything strong by it.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 07:57:57 PM »
Oh, the irony of jokingly demanding immediate serious votes actually starts serious votes! ON ME!

Anyhow, I look at it this way, Cid. At least I made a serious joke "vote?" >_>

With that said, let's really get this show on the road.

##Vote: Delta

Consider this a general wake-up vote. You definitely need to show up tonight, and the sooner the better.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »
I'm forced to wonder whether lack of Delta posting could result in a modkill. We're closing in on twenty-four hours of game here, after all.

In any event, voting for the guy who hasn't shown up yet is a very...safe opener, Andy, and I'm not really impressed. Anyone even casually following the game should know that he's the only player who still hasn't posted. I'm not sure what point dropping a vote on him serves given that A) continued inaction on his part could result in him being nuked by the mod anyway; B) what kind of response can it even provoke from him? Someone posting for the first time this far into the first day is probably going to realize they have some catching up to do even without a pile of votes to remind them of this fact. When they haven't said anything it makes more sense to me to put your vote elsewhere, find someone you can actually question about something.

In short, "Hasn't posted yet" feels like a cop-out.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 10:30:26 PM »
Hmm...Delta not posting doesn't look good, no, though, no point in changing a vote if he's going to be modkilled and/or replaced (didn't they say replacements could still exist until and including Day 2, and Modkills only result after?)

I'm keeping my vote on Cid for now.  I want to get the ball rolling, but I'm lacking any sort of decent angles to come from (god damn joke phases...), and at this moment, we have 2 people with 2 votes on them...with shakey reasons at best...well, I suppose at this point, a pressure vote is about the best we can have, so despite my earlier reservations in this post, only to help get things actually going, cause I've got nothing else...

##Unvote: El-Cid
##Vote: Delta

Its as good a place to start as any, really :\