Author Topic: Best Scenes!!!  (Read 5764 times)

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
Re: Best Scenes!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 09:47:39 AM »
Serious-

Soul Cradle- Levin is Rasculan and stabs Belvius from the back.- NOTE TO MEEPLE FROM SUPER- Don't click on this, I'll write up a spoiler free version of the scene Niu's talking about.
FF7CC- The entire final battle sequence. Nomura said he put in the reels solely for the purpose of that ending sequence. And you know what, it is a brilliant decision and very much worth it. It really let you feel that Zack is fallign apart. Oh, I also must be thankful to the test players who are not idiots that affirmed Nomura's decision.
Tactic Ogre- Lance pounds Lance verbally on how peasants are completly worthless trash.
AT2- Meul's Cosmosphere Lv.5 the belly stab scene. That made me immediately fell in love with Croah. Good VA made it even better.
SH 2- Half revived Alice in the tube. The scene is just touching, and the good VA helped a lot too.
Drag on Dragoon 2-The cremation of Caim and Angel... it is so very tragically sweet, the music is also well used to draw out the emotion.
LoM- Pokihel and Nunuzac's debate. That scene only delivers the whole point of the game.
XS 3- Virgil's exist. It is so well done from all perspective whether it is one concluding a plot ark, making Virgil look awesome, conveying Takhashi's crazy philosophical thoughts that no one cares about, or what have you.
Suikoden 5- Fake Prince's death.

Stylish-

Drag on Dragoon 2- Caim's entrance. Bodies are torn and flying, how nice.
Drag on Dragoon 2- Men's voice talking loli Manah hordes in the mind world. Technically a fight, but I think it deserves a mention. How the Namless just crawlign out of nowhere surrounding you, and the terrain slowly fades into chaos, then with Manah sounding hysteric and manly... the entire presentation is just grasping and creepy.
Dissidia- Inochi... yume.... kibou.... dokokare kite, dokohe yuku....
.hack G.U.- Haseo vs. Azure Kite
FF9- Alexander vs. Bahamut, FF9 has too many stylish scenes... I'll go with this.
FF7- Sister Ray vs. Diamond Weapon
FF10- "There is no hope", it is just me, but I really like how Yunalesca spit this out. It really left an impact on me.
SH2- Amon vs. Rasputin
LoM- The intro of Heaven's Gate. It really got me. It REALLY got. It seems it predicted the very mood I am in and pounds me with that view and atmosphere.
Thousand Arm- Golda summoning, wow, so Meis actually don't suck.
Xenosaga 3- Voyager's assault on Elsa

Humor-

Marl- "You are old enough to be his mother"
Dissidia- UBOAAAA!!! At last, AT LAST we get to hear it.
It's a Wonderful World- "It's x 2 die" and the rest of Minamimoto math puns.
ToV- Jade and Dist in the hotel room.
Thousand Arm- Nelsha and Ratchet.
P4- Jump. I can't help it, you actually get to have an option to tell Ai to jump really cracks me up.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:38:06 PM by superaielman »

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 02:14:50 PM »
You know Niu, I may not be participating in this contest, nor have I read much of your post, but I heard some complaints in chat about Soul Nomad spoilers and stuff. You may want to edit some things before a mod does >_>;

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
ToV- Jade and Dist in the hotel room.

is that suppose to be TotA?
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
Yes, stupid typo.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 04:19:28 PM »
Serious/Nostalgia Moments

SoM - Finding the Mana tree finally.

S2 - Luca Blight's last stand.

FF4 - Paladin scene. Cecil washes out all his sins and is reborn!

FF6 - Coinflip. All the scenes that involve the bros.

Lufia 2 - Wedding day! When I was younger I thought I had beat the game, kinda. I thought I missed something or had gotten one of those "bad" endings at first? Either way that whole scene was awesome.

Lufia - Flowers.

WA - Bye bye arm!

TO - Finding Lans...and the jukebox. Touching.

FFT - Teta's scene. I hated Algus, but that was too much. He got off easy. A good scene if you want to evaluate the pyche of Delita.

PS4 - Alys last stand.

WA - Intro. No other games intro captured me quite like this one. S3 is close, but this is the king of the hill.

Stylish

L2 - Dekar's return. Then again all of Dekar's scene's were pretty boss.

FF6 - Opera scene.

XG - Men of the SEA!

XS - Metal Gear Ziggy

AtL2 - Shu and Tosh team up. Then again, Shu in general for being a Ninja with a Shotgun.

S5 - George Prime. Pick a scene.

Humor

FF6 - Gau dress up party! His "father" is also awesome for all the wrong reasons.

P4 - Plenty of scenes in this one. Camp trip, all the cooking bits, that King game, VOID QUEST!

XG - Chu-Chu on a cross. If this was meant to be serious, it failed.

SRWOG2 - Excellen and Kyo getting caught in the act.

P3 - Beach trip. Seeing the boys fail with women was awesome.

FF7 - Seeing how far Cloud would go in drag.

VP - Badrach's death scene. It was funny to a point I think. That every man, if you look hard enough, has some sort of ounce of redeeming human qualities in them.

"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »
Serious
- FFT: Ramza's end of Chapter 1 schpeel. Damn powerful
- WA4: Arnaud and Raquel share a moment at Frontier Halim. Green Tracks being used there was a super choice
- S5: Death of Arshtat and Ferid.
- VP: Badrach's recruitment scene
- WA: XF: The fear demoness finally dies (spoilers)

Stylish
- Pokemon XD: Anytime Miror B battles you (does that count? He does a funky dances that matches the tempo!)
- SSBB: Captain Falcon jumps out of the Blue Falcon from nowhere and delivers a Falcon PAWNCH to Giant ROB and makes him explode on contact. YESZ
- Star Fox 64: Star Fox 64 Intro. "LET'S ROCK AND ROLL"
- WA3: Clive verbally owns Melody, provind that stylish does not have to be swords and guns alone
- XS3: And likewise, Allen owns Red Wanker verbally
- P3: Thantanos is summoned
- FE8: Leon vs. Eph on Eph path (For FEs? This speech was good)

Humour
- P4: Culture fest. That was a disaster waiting to happen
- MK: Roxis character quest 4. I lol'd >_>
- VP2: DOGLIKE SCENES (wait do these count)?

Awesome for wrong reason
- FFT: Malak's exploding frog scene. For one, its MALAK. For another...well EXPLODING FROG
- Pokemon RSE: EXPAND THE LANDMASS
- MMX4: WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOUR
- MGS2: "We managed to avoid DROWING" "Good job"
- SF64: "So you're going to attack the enemy base? Great idea, Fox!"
- FF8: RINOA IN SPACE. OH NOEZ
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 05:24:47 AM »
Reposted
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:29:25 AM by AndrewRogue »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 04:25:41 AM »
Abandoned?  :'(

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »
No, its not; I'm just waiting til at least after DLC4 to start working on this.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 03:10:28 PM »
ok, I'm finally gonna get off my ass and work on this, so yeah...

Anyway, I'll still give you guys some time to nom things, but by the end of the month, I'm closing this topic.

Also, I have to make things very clear:

You must have access to the scene in a way that can be reasonably linked too.  If you can't get the scene, I'm not allowing it.  For this reason, you might want to avoid obscura.

After all, its kind of unfair, from whatever direction you look at, if someone lists one scene and most people can't vote on it.  

But yeah, finally decided to start working on this again!  but because its been a while since I did work on it, I'll start by making noms more open for edits, etc.  cause hey, I'm sure there are changes people want to make!  And if you haven't nommed already...GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO IT ALREADY! *holds up missile launcher*

Yes, same style as mentioned in first post, which is the 4 categories of:
Drama
Style
Humor
AWESOME!?

And again...
There is NO Failure/Trainwreck category yet, so please avoid mentioning it.  This is BEST scenes, not SCENES THAT MAKE YOU WANT TO SHOOT KITTENS.

Oh yeah, please specify SCENES, not a SEQUENCE OF EVENTS.  The P4 Culture Fest, for example, is a number of scenes put together (at least 3), and is a bit too long for this.  If you want a specific moment from that, by all means.  But its kind of unfair for one "scene" when its actually multiple scenes put together, as it has an unfair advantage (note that if the nature of the scene keeps changing Point of View to play off each other, that's different.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:14:08 PM by Meeplelard »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 07:41:19 PM »
I'd also like to nominate the scene from Mother 3 where Flint finds out what happened to Hinawa for drama.

Edit: Also DQ8 bar fight scene for comedy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:45:55 PM by dude789 »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »
Dramatic-
Mercedes' final scene, Odin Sphere. Just such a powerful and compelling end to a story about a Queen who fought and died for her realm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCeuUWkbfYA <- 4:30 to 5:30
Rachel's/Phoenix scene, FF6. Music and atmosphere really sold it.
Aeris' death scene, FF7. Because I think this one has historical significance, at least.
Suikoden V: Ferid/Arshtat's final scenes. Yeah. It's been said.
Final Fantasy Tactics: Delita and Ovelia's final scene. Classic.
Persona 3: The protagonist checks out. Aigis sold this scene for me for whatever reason.

Stylish:
Suikoden 3 Opening hype is down with me.
Devil May Cry 3 uh let's go with Dante catching Lady. That'll work.

Humor:
Yuri and Judy decide that *Karol* needs to be the one to distract the guard, ToV.
Mana Khemia 2: Let's go with Et forgetting that she 'brought' her brother along for the first training session with Flay.
Fire Emblem 9: Ike and Reyson discussing the finer points of what happens when a Heron tries to punch someone in the face.
Valkyrie Profile 2: Brave Silmeria and scaredy-cat Alicia have their 'discussion' about how to proceed at the beginning.
Persona 4: The campout scene by the river, with bathing suits et al. It ends so brilliantly.
FF7: Aeris dresses Cloud up like her personal doll, under the guise of 'helping him get into the love shack'. Come on.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:25:57 AM by Pyro »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 08:05:16 PM »
Ok, adding an addendum cause someone noted that "Find a way to show the video!" might not be feasible in all cases...

If the scene is primarily dialog driven (like many Fire Emblem scenes for example), then merely providing a script of the the game should suffice.  True, it'll lose out on factors like music and what not, but that's why I said "primarily dialog driven."  Actually, having a script for any scene would work, just remember that sometimes a scene cannot be done total justice based on its dialog alone, so bare that in mind!

Additionally, if the scene is incredibly famous and well known, then you may not have to provide a sequence for it at all or whatever.  I don't mean "Half the people know what I'm talking about, so its cool!", I mean scenes damn near everyone has seen, like for example, FF6's Opera.

Basically, I'm just gonna say 'use your better judgment" and if there's no means to represent the scene, bare that in mind that this will be held against it in the tourny; I may still allow it, but something might not get the respect it deserves when people can't vote on it, but can on the other.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 08:37:21 PM »
Drama
SHC- Meeting Kato in the cemetery.
BoFIV- Meeting Elina.
XS2- When Young Albedo figures out he can't die.
FF6- Coinflip.
DQ8- Post-Marcello fight where Angelo saves him.
S2- Jowy and Riou team up to kill Gorudo
WA4: "I'll be with you. I'll always support you. If your legs lose their strength, I'll carry you. If your eyes lose their light, I'll describe the world to you..." Arnaud and Raquel in that town that you are at the end of the game.
S5: Ferid and Arshtat
FFT- Delita's Betrayal
MMXCM: NO, YOU ARE THE MAVERICK X

Style

XF- The final boss's first confrontation with Edna.Where Katrina cackles evilly and says "I love the fear coming from you..." and all that.
OB- Final scene of the game, Death Ending http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/snes/c/obdeth.htm
FE10: Tibarn convo with Lekain:
Tibarn: I'm glad I got to you first. See, I heard that the Serenes Massacre was all your doing... That puts you at the very top of the list of the enemies of the bird tribes.
Lekain: That may very well be, but I am under the divine protection of the goddess herself! A shabby sub-human pirate like yourself will find me quite invincible!
Tibarn: As much as I'd love to draw this little chat out, I don't think I can keep my talons out of your neck another instant.
Lekain: Why... Why are you laughing? Are you... enjoying yourself?
Tibarn: Some of us here are just overflowing with the chaos you're causing with this fight. That might be part of it... But, to be honest, there's a part of me that can hardly believe how much fun tearing your head off will be.
Saga Frontier: Asellus's Mystic Ending. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPb64sArzj8 <-- Starts around 5:30
DDS2: "I need to talk to God..." "TALK TO ME."
PS4: Rune's Reveal
World Destroyer Orsted, Live a Live
FFT: Rofel and Dycedarg

Humor
SMRPG: like the moon over the day
my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools
Disgaea: THERE'S NOTHING LIKE DRINKING TEA IN OUTER SPACE!
SHC: Joachim and Ana spying on Yuri and Karin. It's just so absurd.
SO3: Roger in a cage.
MK2: Lily CQ3 (Puni Boobs)
FE8: L'Arachel and Ephraim's supports (A support especially)
CT: Lizard people ending

AWESOME!?

MMXCM: DON'T LAY YOUR HANDS ON AILE'S SOUL
FFX-2: Leblanc needs her back rubbed, Yuna~~~
TotA Asch: LOGIC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS
G3: Alfina crying because Emelious is evil like it is a huge surprise after Seiba dies by him killing it
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:29:14 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2010, 11:29:42 PM »
Noms will be ending by the end of this month!  After that, I'll be putting together pools!  Anybody who hasn't nommed but wants to, DO SO NOW.  Anybody who wants to change their list, now's the time!  Also, try to find out ways to display each scene if you haven't done that yet!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 05:28:12 AM »
Just summarizing my nominations so they're all in one place.
Drama:
Ferid and Arshtat scene-S5
Finding Elena-BoF4
Celes's Suicide Attempt-FF6
Aira's mom confronts her about the eye of Valmar-Grandia 2 This video has it and the scene lasts until about 4 minutes in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w7p9r3GbS0
Michaiah learns about the blood pact/Michaiah kills Pelleas and Almheda learns about his death-FE10
Flint hears "bad news" about Hinawa- Mother 3
Scene with Lady and Killer right before the final fight-SH3

Humor:
King's Game-Persona 4
Bar Fight-Dragon Quest 8
Wedding-SMRPG

Stylish:
P4 Team protect MC from Summons to Yomi-P4

Awesome?:
Sea Mother-SH1

I  think all of these should be fairly easy to find with youtube. I was able to find the one that I thought would be the most difficult and the others are fairly mainstream.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 03:37:12 PM by dude789 »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 05:05:45 AM »
Noms are closing TONIGHT, at 11:59 EST, March 3rd, etc.

While I won't be around to post a "NOMS ARE CLOSED" thing, that will still be the case.  I would close it now, but I figure I should give SOME warning before doing so.  If you haven't nommed yet, and want to, THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE.

Also, again, no using the same game twice in the same category <_<

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:48 AM »
I'll probably forget things, I do that. Also Ciato (I am biased~) and Tide have awesome taste.

Serious:
Galleon's revelations on Ferid and Arshtat (S5) - Obvious.
Death of the final "foe" (WAXF) - First two scenes are probably the only times I've fought back tears in a game, at least in the last decade.
Yuri vs. Ishimura (SH2) - Seriously powerful emotions here.
Pre-Yunalesca scene (FFX) - See Cmdr's comments on Yuna's line there. You could throw the back half of the scene in stylish too, which... I see Cmdr did! Excellent.
Young Albedo's illuminations on death (XS2) - Specifically where he flips out because he realises his brothers will die and he will not.
The Olan/Delita/Ovelia scene in late Chapter 4 (FFT) - FFT plot hasn't aged too well to me but this scene still has tons of power. Really puts the exclamation mark on Delita's character.
Raquel/Arnaud scene in Halim (WA4)

Stylish:
Final boss confronts Edna (XF) - See Ciato
DMC3 opening (DMC3)
Opening (S3) - Different style but sure
Hippopressor's appearance (MMXCM)
Gawn's MISSILE PAUNCH scene (WA4) - Alllmost falls into the "awful" category but it's just so silly.
Collapse of Sector 7 (FF7)
POISON CHIHUAHUA (God Hand)

Humour:
There's nothing quite like drinking tea in outer space! (Disgaea)
End of Chapter 8 (Raze path?, MK2) - Sorta the iconic Flay v2 scene to me. He talks about his releasing a giant monster on the school has built character for all, only to be interrupted by concerned parents who are horrified and or can't find their (presumably devoured) children. And then he foists all responsibility on the spineless Zeppel. Yeah.
Crimean Royal Knight info conversation (FE10) -  "The best enemies are the ones that are on fire." Also some awesome interaction between Makalov/Astrid/Marcia as usual. Sadly "I'll sell him to you. Cheap." is in another scene. The CRK really got the best comic writing in this game, see also the Kieran/Geoffrey Silver Axe scene and the Kieran/Oscar Imbue scene. <.<
Cross-examining Moe (PW2) - I probably shouldn't nom it given some of the 2-3 haters but it is the most uproariously funny moment in the series to me and I am only going to nom one
Roger in a cage (SO3)

Awesome:
Aile's sacrifice (MMXCM)
Expand the landmass! (Pokemon (Ruby?)/Emerald)
WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOR? (MMX4)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:03:29 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 02:52:39 AM »
Serious
-Faith or Fate/Arrival at the Final Dungeon (SH:C)
-Riou/Jowy gain a reason to gank Gorudo (S2)
-The Bad End (P4)
-"Love Lost" Ending (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxV8j2m8HSk 1:35 - 5:01]
-Wander/Dormi (Shadow of the Colussus)
-The Letter, Full Version (Silent Hill 2) [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scbtiiSnnmM Audio of the sequence. You're walking down a series of bare hallways. its good enough.]
-Versus Zeno (BoFV)
-The "Bad" End (Where We Remain)

Stylish
-Suikoden 3 Opening Cinematic (S3) [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YmQoREyleE ]
-Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter Opening Cinematic (BoFV)
-Arthas Returns to Loderon/"Succeeding you, Father." (WC3)
-The Opera Scene (FF3/6)
-Luca Blight's Last Stand (S2)
-Defeat at Ostagar (Dragon Age)
-"In My Restless Dreams, I See That Place..." (Silent Hill 2)
-Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YdK9L18x_Y 1:23-4:45 Sorry, could only find an LP with it. But the guy is fairly unobtrusive. And German.]
-Dante and his Pizza (DMC3)
-Lucifer Demonstration (DMC4)

Humor
-The Dog Ending (Silent Hill 2) [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDcSeUvkOw ]
-The UFO Ending (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om2SQCWQhAU&annotation_id=annotation_562434&feature=iv 1:35-2:20]
-Dante and Angus (DMC4)
-The Man Festival! (SH:C)
-Omelettes! (P4)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:06:16 AM by AndrewRogue »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »
TOPIC CLOSED or something.  No more noms,e tc.