Register

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Class Mafia - Interest?  (Read 1043 times)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Class Mafia - Interest?
« on: March 11, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »
There's never a peaceful day in a hero's life! The Light Warriors, guardians of this world, have already saved it from vicious threats on a number of occasions. Garland? Cloud of Darkness? Exdeath? No, this new threat is the greatest problem they've faced - having increased their numbers drastically to help them save the world from previous problems, they now discover that some are not happy with simply being the Light Warriors. No, the members of this Rebel Faction want to be recognised for all their hard work in saving the world, and what better way to be recognised than to claim control of it? First, though, they must face their biggest threat - their former allies! With the sudden death of their Dragoon, the Light Warriors have realised that there is a problem within... And now, with guidance from the crystal (which happens to go by the name of Yoshiken), it's up to those who remain loyal to find the traitors and stay loyal to the name of the Light Warriors!

Just to clarify, this would run after Pokemon & No-Reveal mafias and any other mafias that might be planned that I've missed. I'm not trying to jump the queue or anything. ^_^

Each role no longer has its standard name - no Cop, Doctor, Mason, Godfather, etc. Instead, Final Fantasy classes are to be used. These can be classes from any of the games, and can be any of the classes, so don't automatically expect something to be there or not be there.

This would be an entirely ability-based game, with every single person having an ability of some form. Some of these are quite creative, some are not. All have been planned out (and, after/if sign-ups are full, I'd appreciate someone looking through the roles to confirm that they're all OK.)

Rules: ~ Thief'd from Simpsons mafia, edited accordingly.
-Post ##Vote: Name and ##Unvote: Name to vote and unvote. Anything else will not be acknowledged.
-Town must lynch; ties are resolved via a maximum length 24-hour sudden death. If sudden death exceeds 24 hours, both/all players with most votes will be lynched.
-Scum must kill
-Days will be 48 hours, subject to extension if desired by popular demand. Post ##Extension if you want one and if at least a third want it, it will happen.
-If anyone attempts to use an ability, they will be told the outcome of their ability use, regardless of success or failure. Targets will also be informed of ability use unless the ability specifies otherwise.
-All ability uses must be PMed within 24 hours of the night starting. Failure to do so will result in the opportunity being forfeit. If you wish, you may PM night actions before the night begins.
-Replacements will only be permitted on days one and two. Any hardcore lurkers or people who want to quit will simply be killed after that.
-Play to win
-Don't edit your posts
-Do not post your role PMs
-No personal attacks on players or referencing previous/external attitudes - keep it all in this game only.
-If you're not sure, ask, especially if you want role clarifications. Mod is in no way responsible for any mistakes made due to lack of understanding.

So, interested? If so, post here. :) Looking for 15 people, ideally, although could very easily cut that down.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 06:36:34 PM by Yoshiken »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Class Mafia - Interest?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 08:47:49 PM »
OK, if nobody's interested in a role-heavy game, I'd happily change this a little.
I'd still like to stick with some of the more original roles I have, but I can take out some of the original or worse roles.

Two other points:
1. If people decided it'd be better, I'd say what each class' ability was in the opening post, so that any role information will definitely be useful.
2. Some of the roles - although not many - have posting restrictions. I'd let people choose if they wanted to play a role with posting restrictions or not upon sign-up.