Author Topic: PokeMafia - Day 4  (Read 46068 times)

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
Re: PokeMafia - Day 2
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2009, 05:04:06 PM »
I didn't respond to your cursing about the extension? Jokes aside, I'll assume your linking is broken and just look at relevant nearby posts.

oop-c .-.

Why is inattention to the rules is the same sort of question as, 'Why is switching your vote around scummy?'. It is based on personal beliefs. Note that I continued on in the same breath about his wording that lynching Sylon for the sake of a lynch was not a good idea, but later relented it as I took his explanation as acceptable. I believe in Mafia it is common place to place votes on people you have suspicion on, or definitely want an answer from.

Let me present this a different way, then.

You are more likely to see scum switch their vote around than town because scum have to invent reasons to vote for people they know the alignment of, and so their cases have higher chance of getting shot down, forcing them to move elsewhere. Why are you more likely to see scum be inattentive to the rules than town?

Why is it that you are so intent on defending Alex against me? Given that I have not pursued the Meeple case and never specified that my vote was a call for a lynch, I fail to see the relevance in bringing up the exchange with Meeple.

You're trying to relate two things that shouldn't be here. The stuff I said about your Alex case were their own separate idea unrelated to your demonstrating faulty scumhunting in your Meeple case.

So do you agree mostly with what Alex has said, and you have no thoughts of your own regarding this? Or am I misreading that?

Given I did indeed provide my own thoughts on your case (which you snipped out and placed below), I can only guess that this is misrep bordering on needless antagonization. You can stop doing this; if the combined forces of UncertainKitten and pesco47 couldn't piss me off you have no chance.

Alex said it was as bad a train as any Day 1 train -- this is acknowledgement that the train isn't that good. His continuous stressing of the Day1ness of his case does not sit well with me. That he later goes on to say "it's just as good as any Day 1 train" is a gross misconception, since there have been Day 1 trains with a much more solid basis and a much better result.

Oh, okay, you're just picking out what of other people's posts is convenient for you and interpreting/disregarding as you see fit. Gotcha.

Where in this post does Sylon directly state that he was not prepared to contribute?

I'll hold my vote for now, until I hear from Meeple with regards to my above question.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Nietz

• Denizen
  • Normal Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 28, 2009, 05:22:35 PM »
I didn't like the case on SirAlex before, and I still don't see much in it. I think his reasons for going after Sylon were perfectly valid (and in fact similar to mine). The only thing about him that I didn't like was his attacks on EvilTom, who for me was looking almost certainly town by the end of the Day.
Similarly, I don't really see the case on Excal.

My stance on Ryogo is unchanged. In fact, it's worse now since I noticed he hasn't even bothered to address it when he saw no one else was particularly interested in it.
On that note, I also noticed that Delta pretty much disappeared in the middle of the Day, leaving just an easy vote on SnowFire.

Not sure what to make of Xanth yet, I'll have to read further.

Ninjamayan:
You are more likely to see scum switch their vote around than town because scum have to invent reasons to vote for people they know the alignment of, and so their cases have higher chance of getting shot down, forcing them to move elsewhere. Why are you more likely to see scum be inattentive to the rules than town?
Dammit Kilga, you are still playing the wrong game! Scum doesn't have to make up cases here, they can do scumhunting as honestly as town.

You can stop doing this; if the combined forces of UncertainKitten and pesco47 couldn't piss me off you have no chance.
I always had the impression that they could. 

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
Re: PokeMafia - Day Two
« Reply #277 on: March 28, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »
VOTECOUNT

Deltaflyer (1): Kilgamayan
Meepleard (1): Xanth
SirAlex (1): Bardiche
Xanth (2): Meepleard, SirAlex

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.  
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 05:34:10 PM by QuietRain »
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 28, 2009, 05:35:26 PM »
Dammit Kilga, you are still playing the wrong game! Scum doesn't have to make up cases here, they can do scumhunting as honestly as town.

Blame Bard for bringing up a faulty situation, then.

Even given that, I fail to see what this has to do with the point I was trying to make. Maybe you can answer for Bard. Why are scum more likely to be inattentive to the rules than town?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Shogun Blast Galaxy
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2009, 06:41:38 PM »
I'm around but not really around until some point in the evening, probably late. Rather frustrating start to the day, most of all Meeple's case on me being based almost entirely out of very simple misunderstandings (Alex supporting it what?), some of which has been covered before now, combined with the fact that it looks very likely that I was wrong about him myself.

Full response when I do get the time, but ##Unvote: Meeplelard comes now.

Nietz

• Denizen
  • Normal Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »
Even given that, I fail to see what this has to do with the point I was trying to make. Maybe you can answer for Bard. Why are scum more likely to be inattentive to the rules than town?
It wasn't about that point in particular, just a general opinion in about gameplay.
But if you ask me attentiveness to rules is basically a null tell.

On my previous note, while I scum can make honest scumhunt efforts, I do believe they wouldn't be too inclined to put out strong cases, to avoid getting NK attention. Incidentally that makes more inclined to think of both you and Bard as town.

About Xanth, I noticed he did a lot of things I don't like, like player listing and throwing what felt like easy votes on Snow and Meeple on Day 1. I'd say he's suspicious, though not terribly so.

I could say I'm mostly suspicious of Ryogo, Delta and possibly Xanth right now. I'll still keep my case on Ryogo since he gave no reason to let it go.
##Vote: Ryogo

Nietz

• Denizen
  • Normal Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 28, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »
EBWOP: "while I think scum can make(...)"

Bardiche

« Reply #282 on: March 28, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
Don't feel like responding to the rest presently. I'll do that when I feel more into it, but...

I can only guess that this is misrep bordering on needless antagonization. You can stop doing this; if the combined forces of UncertainKitten and pesco47 couldn't piss me off you have no chance.

I wasn't even intending on antagonizing or whatever. I just wanted to know if you agreed with everything Alex said about why he wasn't scum or if you had any thoughts that were different from Alex's.

Whatever. I don't feel like going too in-depth about this at the current time, I'll revisit that later if it's still unclear.

SirAlex: ... Right, okay. Withholding response for now, be back with that later.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
Re: PokeMafia - Day Two
« Reply #283 on: March 28, 2009, 10:36:28 PM »
VOTECOUNT

Deltaflyer (1): Kilgamayan
Meepleard (0): Xanth
SirAlex (1): Bardiche
Xanth (2): Meepleard, SirAlex
Ryogo (1): Nietz

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. 

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #284 on: March 29, 2009, 04:03:10 AM »
It's been 48 hours since Ryogo signed on.  He is in danger of Modkill.  If I don't see a post by noon my time tomorrow I am going to modkill him.  Noon my time is in 16 hours.  Only on Day 1 do Modkills not end the day.  I am hopeful that you guys can get a lynch before then, though, and I can just Modkill kill during the night if necessary.  Please note this is 12 hours earlier than the day was scheduled to end. 

It's been several hours of silence, though, so perhaps an end to the day would help focus thoughts?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 29, 2009, 04:29:55 AM »
That puts a distinct crimp on things.  The silence today is pretty deafening.  I'd like to hear people's thoughts, particularly on Xanth, and particularly ANYTHING out of Strago/OK/Delta.  Who's here tonight?

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 29, 2009, 04:42:17 AM »
I wasn't even intending on antagonizing or whatever. I just wanted to know if you agreed with everything Alex said about why he wasn't scum or if you had any thoughts that were different from Alex's.

Oh, I see what you're getting at.

Given how he described himself, I guess I would have to say no to this, because I think the way he approached Day 1 was a pretty townie approach. While I personally disagreed with lynching Sylon (for what saying that is worth, given I don't think I ever actually commented on it after Sylon did), I saw the merit of the train on him and appreciated it for what it was. His case on Snow kinda came out of left field but after Snow completely fell to pieces right after the fact I thought it was a good one, even if it turned out to be wrong.

Even ignoring Ryogo, we still have not heard from Excal, Strago, OK or Delta today, so I don't see any merit to ending the day early (not that I see any merit in accepting Ryogo as a day-ending modkill to begin with).

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 29, 2009, 05:09:05 AM »
Kilga my man, what are your thoughts on Xanth?
.... or anything beyond back and forthing with Bard?

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2009, 05:33:04 AM »
Things that have happened today from what I can tell:

Kilga vs. Bard!  I'm...not getting much of a read from this; it seems its just two people butting heads, with misconceptions involved, etc.  I can see any sort of interaction from any side getting into this exchange, and with the dual scum faction, it just makes things harder to perceive, so yeah.

Stuff regarding Xanth, be it him posting and or the cases me and Alex put on him.

This...is pretty sad for Day 2.  If it ends in a Modkill, then...well, I think the a *PSYDUCK* reaction would be most appropriate in this game.

In any event, people need to speak up more!  I'm not saying "I'm suspicious of everyone who hasn't spoken!"  I'm saying "How the fuck are we (town) suppose to win if others do not interact?"  Please speak up people!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2009, 05:36:56 AM »
Blech, missed Nietz's posts somehow!  Ok, he made a case on Ryogo, and otherwise spoke about suspicions regarding Delta and Xanth.  Add that to my list above!  Still doesn't change the fact that for a 24 hour span, nearly nothing has happened...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2009, 05:44:20 AM »
My back-and-forth with Bard is only because there are very few other people talking, and none of said people are people I have issues with. I think my vote placement says a lot about my current feelings (though it would probably be on Bard if Delta suddenly vanished).

I think there is indeed a reasonable argument for Xanth being scum as has been presented, and would be less than surprised by a Delta/Xanth scum team. I'm not sure about the validity of his Meeple case (prior to the vig claim) because, honestly, I skimmed most of Meeple's Day 1 posts (for reasons that are likely similar to Alex skimming Snow's posts). Since I've spent tonight organizing my Touhou images folder, I suppose I have no real excuse for not going back and looking at Meeple's posts and comparing them to Xanth's case (as well as looking at Xanth's posts and comparing them to the "methodical and base-covering" accusation).

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 29, 2009, 06:42:29 AM »
Y'know, I actually somewhat agree with Xanth's accusation of "talk lots say little" against Meeple. Meeple spent a good chunk of time on Day 1 talking about irrelevant things, and 95% of his game-relevant content was focused on either Xanth or Snow. He didn't give us very many opinions to work with otherwise.

Reread of Xanth's Day 1 posts forthcoming, though MeepleWall OD has me a bit dizzy.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 29, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »
Augh okay.  Facing a possible day end in 12ish hours, leading to a night with two scum kills... no, don't want that, so I'll go ahead and claim here.

I have or had a cop power, not saying how many shots.
 Investigated Xanth, due to random + gut + having been "the other day 1 train".  Xanth is scum.

I did not claim this right off the bat today because I wanted to gather as many reactions as possible, given that we're facing two scumteams, and not just end the day with "Whelp let's lynch Xanth."  Wanted to claim it about halfway in.  Can't count on Ryogo showing up, though, which puts the effective deadline at a very inopportune time tomorrow... and I think we really need to lynch scum today.  So.

Bard's constant clashing with Xanth, along with memories of Otter and general vehemence, is what made me back off of him a bit here... though nothing stops him from being on the other scumteam, I guess.  But.  Xanth needs rope today.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 29, 2009, 06:51:01 AM »
Oh, well, okay then.

##Unvote: Deltaflyer
##Vote: Xanth

As stated previously, a Delta/Xanth scum team would not surprise me in the least, so I expect to hop back over to Delta should Xanth flip as Alex has claimed he will.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 29, 2009, 07:14:59 AM »
Just for the sake of having something else to discuss, were I to assume my Delta/Xanth scum team guess to be accurate, my guess for second scum team would actually be Bard/Alex, as crazy as that sounds (and knowing how much I've been trumpeting that Alex is town).

Or it would have been before this cop claim, which kinda throws a wrench into my thought process.

I really wish the five people that have not posted since the day began would get their asses in this thread.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 29, 2009, 08:34:13 AM »
Yeah, totally.  We need to keep on finding the other scum, particularly the non-Xanth team, but I've no clue where to begin since everyone seems to have dropped off the face of the earth?

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 29, 2009, 09:43:56 AM »
Alright, so I can't show up for a day and...  yeesh.  Not a lot of content, but what is here is...  yeah.  Looks like Ryogo's gone, and we have a cop claim, so.  I don't see anything in Alex's past behaviour to really doubt him, and while I don't think Xanth is overly suspicious either, Alex's claim is something we can check in more detail as the game goes on.  So,

##Vote: Xanth

Aside from that, I know that I don't trust Bard's arguments worth crap.  I mean, they started ok but have steadily gotten worse and now are just generally look bad.  Oddly, I do get the ring of honest scum hunting in his anti-Alex zeal.  But, there's still something that rings wrong with the way he jumped on Xanth on Day 1.  This may be an interesting avenue of discussion to follow if Xanth is actually scum.  And, still utterly baffling if he isn't.

Nietz, is someone else I'm vaguely interested in.  Mostly because he drops in, says something vaguely agreeable, and then drops out for a bit.  Never a whole lot at once, just in and out.  Not sure there's anything there, just want to mention him for now in order to remind myself he's still there.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 29, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
Augh okay.  Facing a possible day end in 12ish hours, leading to a night with two scum kills... no, don't want that, so I'll go ahead and claim here.

I have or had a cop power, not saying how many shots.
 Investigated Xanth, due to random + gut + having been "the other day 1 train".  Xanth is scum.

I did not claim this right off the bat today because I wanted to gather as many reactions as possible, given that we're facing two scumteams, and not just end the day with "Whelp let's lynch Xanth."  Wanted to claim it about halfway in.  Can't count on Ryogo showing up, though, which puts the effective deadline at a very inopportune time tomorrow... and I think we really need to lynch scum today.  So.

Bard's constant clashing with Xanth, along with memories of Otter and general vehemence, is what made me back off of him a bit here... though nothing stops him from being on the other scumteam, I guess.  But.  Xanth needs rope today.

Goddamnit. 

Bullshit Alex.

I didn't get back early enough to bread-crumb this, but...

I AM A COP

I call bullshit on this because I investigated YOU last night.  And you know what I found?  A big red M.  You are scum, Team Magma. 

I also call bullshit because you also mention that you don't know how many shots you have, while it was stated by the mod that there would be NOTHING hidden.  So yeah, nice try.

Of course, you could very well be a scum cop.  In which case, thanks for letting us know about Xanth, if that's the case. 

I highly suggest we lynch Alex.  Alternatively, Meeple, you still have the vig?  We could use it on Alex, then go for Xanth as a lynch.  Gets two kills in a day.  I think I do believe Alex may be a cop, but a scum cop - in which case, we now know what Xanth is, if he's to be believed.  Still, Alex is a sure bet.  He lied, based on the mod's notes.

##Vote: Alex
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 29, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »
Huh, that's interesting.  Two things, OK.  First, re-reading what Alex said, he said he wasn't going to tell us details.  Indeed, he said he had a cop power, and it may still be there, and that he's not saying anything about how many uses he has.  So all of your commentary about how he lied is, well, wrong.

Also, I'm curious as to why you picked Alex.  He mentioned why he picked Xanth, so why did you pick him?

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 29, 2009, 11:32:25 AM »
Sigh...  Damnit, OK, did you have to drop something like that just as I was about to go to sleep?  I should be back before Ryogoline, but yeah...  leaving my vote where there's more votes until I get some answers, or know which cop I find to be more trustworthy.  Since, yeah.  Push comes to shove, having this day end with a modkill would be really damn disappointing.

Anyways, sleep.