Author Topic: MASKED HEROES MAFIA - Day 2: The end of the world - SCUM WIN  (Read 14985 times)

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: MASKED HEROES MAFIA - Day 1: The beginning of the end
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 10:36:16 PM »
People put too much stock in a L-1 vote in anything but LYLO, I think. Any other time than that, s'not like being put at L-1's the end of the damn world. People get their shorts in such a twist, when what the hell's going to happen? Nobody's just goin' ta stick in the knife, 'cuz they know that without a happy little hand-holding unanimous U.N. vote that they'll be the first to go the next day, so cool your jets.

Because the freak's got a good point, hisself. Things are happenin' now, ain't they?

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »
Hrmpf. Hooded Justice and Hollis Mason. What's the good word, boys? You've at least put in a word and a half between you, but not much more. Care to act like men and actually get some gloves in the ring?

Captain Carnage

• Nemesis
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 11:10:33 PM »
@Silk Spectre

L-1 is close to edge yes, but doesn't mean quick lynch. Someone comes in, pushes you down the elevator shaft gallows and you flip loyal American? We'll sure have a wee chat with him tomorrow.
This is basic knowledge, how come you are not aware of it?

But I do agree on the fact that the new Nite Owl is late for the situation.
Typical of him, to walk away while there are villains needing punishment!
Punish me!

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 11:24:16 PM »
L-1 doesn't necessarily mean quick lynch, but it's still dangerously close. Too close for comfort, one might say. Besides, a Day One quick lynch can always be excused with this reasoning:
I say we string someone up and see how it all plays out tomorrow.

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »
Actually... I guess I do have something else to add.

What's this business with the letter, Mason? You actually expect us to believe that Dreiberg's got enough balls and few enough brains to pull something like murderin' Metropolis and leavin' a note like that? If I'm the only person smart enough to see that either you're bein' played for a fool, or tryin' to play us as one, well... har har. So tell us about this note you supposedly found.

Heh-heh!  Bit of a misunderstanding, it seems.  Dan brought over some fine red wine last night, and I think there was a bit more kick to it than expected, if ya know what I'm talking about?  I think he wrote the note after we finished watching "The Manchurian Candidate" again on my fancy new "VCR" and was going to send it off to the damn Keene Act enforcement commission for a hoot.  When I got up this morning, I'd totally forgotten about it!  Bit of a senior moment, you know.  Not that you're a whippersnapper yourself, either, so careful givin' me too much heat over it.  Now, I think I need some of the hair of the dog that bit me...

Truth be told, I'm thinking that it was Silky, too.  She never seemed right in this whole superhero gig...  and the friction with her mother...  maybe she's working out her issues by offing Metropolis?  Also, her posts have been suspicious.  Captain Carnage's got the rationale, and it's about the best we have to go on right now.  So...  I'm waggin' my finger at you, dearie, but not votin' cause I want to hear what Dan has to say first.

Doctor Manhattan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 12:03:15 AM »
If infinite time solved all problems, I would be... well, nevermind.
Laurie, I understand that you are frightened, but you must come up with something beyond pleas to spare you and futile reactivism.  I see how this conversation ends.  It ends with you in tears.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 12:56:26 AM »
I also wish to hear what Dan has to say. If, in fact, he has anything to say.

We have reached an interesting stage, nonetheless, where the extant town is nigh-unanimous in it's discrediting of the Silk Spectre, and even I share in these sentiments to some degree. I cannot see a word of disagreement from any but the girl herself. But that is the strange part.

What I can see is the original Nite Owl, loitering with his vote upon the absent second. It seems remarkable of him to nonetheless condone the trial of Spectre, given their similarities over their mutual vote. Is it not to be generally agreed that voting for one who has not yet made an appearance at this stage is, by nature, quite useless?

##Unvote, ##Vote: Nite Owl I for this discrepency.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 02:19:11 AM »
Hunh. I'll say again that I want to hear from Hooded Justice just as much as I do Dreiberg, at this point. He's spoken a full five words more, which might as well be nothing.

Ozy. Not that I wouldn't piss in the wind soon as ask your opinion, but d'you see anything worse about Hollis than the Spectre at this point? I get why a little ponce might not want to drop that hammer on the girl, but the two of them seem to be guilty of the same thing right now. And... well, come to think of it, the fact that Hollis is both gunning for Silky all of a sudden -- you know, the other target 'sides himself who's bein' accused for the same nonsense of hangin' on to Dreiberg -- sort of stinks like panic and self-preservation.

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 02:20:25 AM »
By five words, I meant seven. Don't mean to upset all the tight-ass clerks and librarians.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 02:34:34 AM »
Seems there's been a bit of a misunderstanding here.  Surprising that our resident smartest man wasn't able to figure it out.  The answer to the "discrepancy," however, is pedestrian: I forgot to unvote for my erstwhile yet strangely missing comrade.

I'll also note that Spectre was actually advocating for a vote for Dreiberg, an opinion I did not share due to lack of input from Dan.  My omission was to not unvote Dreiberg before !voting for Spectre herself.  Rest assured, if some kind of lynch train had stormed out like a Kansas tornado against Mr. Dreiberg, I'd have noticed and unvoted my "hangover vote" from the start of the day immediately.

##UNVOTE Dan Dreiberg
##NOTACTUALLYAVOTE Silk Spectre
just in case, though.

Call in soon, Dan?  I hope the Mask Killer didn't get him, too...

(Wish I had a bit more to say, but we need more chatter here.)

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 02:42:28 AM »
It doesn't seem to me that Hollis is doing this out of self-preservation. After all, none had come out to accuse him of wrongdoing aside from myself, just now. I can only assume this is some kind of joke? Apologies, but I have no sense of humour.

No, the problem is that he maintains a vote on Dan, yet expresses willingness to see the Spectre lynched. The original vote on Dan by Spectre was useless; unproductive, as helpful as voting for an inanimate statue. Why does he persist, and why does he persue Spectre? I see no reason to not be edgy when one's life is on the line in such surprising form, so I cannot hold this against her. My question is- do you? Does Mason? Does Captain Carnage, who considered the point originally?

Personally, I find the most damning thing about the Spectre her own lack of willingness to present a case. We are in a position where we must hunt, and on her part, the hunting is not happening!

In any case, I have, to put it bluntly, no interest in hammering anyone until all participants in this discussion have weighed in. However, it would be unwise to presume that I'm unwilling to do what needs to be done when the time comes, Comedian.

<->

The Nite Owl has crept up on me during my speech, much like the spies of feudal Nippon. A pedestrian explanation but a servicable one which I will not refute. ##Unvote for the time being. I find myself at a loss to present a stronger case on any but the Spectre. Nonetheless, I wish questions in the above text answered.

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 02:56:49 AM »
Guess by self-preservation I meant a kinda pre-emptive defensive posture. I know that nobody was taking shots at him yet, but any minute they easily coulda by the same logic they were accusin' the Spectre. Why am I the only one who ever gets it? Still, Hollis forgettin' to unvote makes as much sense as any other ol' fart, an' I guess I could be gettin' paranoid.

Anyway, y'answered your own question, Ozy. It's not Laurie's desire to stay alive makes her look like a red scumbag, even though her reason for being afraid of a quicklynch still doesn't ring true to these ears. It's the fact that she can't seem to summon up a real argument for anybody else's guilt. I never said anythin' in her composure was off, y'know? All makes perfect sense for a kid about to get strung up. Just doesn't give us a reason not to do it, either.

An' I'll believe you got a fully descended pair on you when I see it, kid.

Hooded Justice

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2009, 02:57:46 AM »
##UNVOTE: Silk Spectre

##VOTE: Doctor Manhattan

I dislike you pressing Silk Spectre for defense. Forcing her to make a case on someone when so few have posted = not savory. Please die.

Captain Carnage

• Nemesis
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:59 AM »
Someone being close to lynch so soon does indeed make me uneasy (though the feeling of being one inch close to such severe righteous retribution is quite thrilling if I may say so myself). But the fact remains that I didn't like Miss Jupiter, sorry, Miss Juspeczyk's attitude, and currently have no other suspect.
Thought I am hoping that our Hooded crime-fighter will come to either retract his joke vote or give a reason to keep it.

---

Oh, and he has!
Your words sure are hard as your punches, but I don't understand why vote for the Doc, considering that he is not voting her and that many others, like Ozymandias, The Comedian and even myself are equally pressuring her to present a better case?
Punish me!

Hooded Justice

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2009, 03:20:25 AM »
why vote for the Doc

considering that he is not voting her

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2009, 03:28:43 AM »
For one calling themselves 'Justice', that was quite unfair. I appreciate that the law of today follows certain axioms, such as 'do not cast suspicion without casting in the ballot box', but in this case, these concepts must be loosened.

Although there are suspicions directed towards the Spectre, we cannot avoid the twofold fact that she was but one step away from trial and not all of us have spoken. It is not impermissable to direct suspicion at her without casting a vote. Nor is it wrong to question her lack of serious input- particularly given that she herself desired a 'serious instigation!'

##Vote: SilkSpectre, as a position has become open and I am compelled to fill it. Yet I demand a more satisfactory argument from Hooded Justice as to Dr. Manhatten's lynch.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2009, 03:34:45 AM »
Right.. I've.. I've taken some time to thinks things through... alone.

As of yet, it's hard to find a clear-cut case... I know that's not what people want to hear from me, but it's the simple truth.
We need some more information to press on before anything will come up, so I'll try getting that from people.

As it happens, Dan ain't the only one leaving us out in the cold here...  A little more from Jon might help us. More than just reason - try to be a little more human, at least for a bit...  Rorschach, too - any comments on the latest turn of events?

And this recent turn shows Adrian goin' pretty fiercely to have me killed... Yeah, I requested serious investigation. But 'serious' don't mean 'targeted'. We just... need a little more time to look at *every* view.

Asuka Langley

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2009, 03:55:52 AM »
Why would a teacher vote in his student, except to push guilt to someone else?

This shows a huge level of despair...

##VOTE Nite Owl (Hollis Mason)

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2009, 04:06:41 AM »
Silk Spectre (3) - Hooded Justice, Rorschach, Captain Carnage, The Comedian
The Comedian (0) - Ozymandias,
Ozymandias (0) - RorschachThe Comedian
Rorschach (0) - Doctor Manhattan, Captain Carnage, Ozymandias
Doctor Manhattan (1) - Silk Spectre, Hooded Justice
Dan Dreigberg (1) - Hollis Mason, Silk Spectre
Hollis Mason (1) - Ozymandias, Dan Dreiberg

5 votes are required to try the killer.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2009, 04:08:43 AM »
BEGIN SECRET TRANSMISSION TO NITEOWL2
Psst.  Dan!  The "Joke" vote phase is over, you missed it.  Our hilarious little gag last night was just that - a gag.  The only serious vote sitting on you right now is from Silk Spectre.
END SECRET TRANSMISSION

Ahem.  Silk Spectre is doing herself few favors at the moment, though I will grant that potential cases are light at the moment.  Justice, I think you somewhat misinterpret the lovers' banter there - Doctor Manhattan wants the best for Miss Juspeczyk, and is offering her decent advice.  Advice that I would echo, by the way - do you have any thoughts on anyone?  Suspicions?  People you think are fine?  We hopefully have something more to work with at the moment.

I'm still waiting for Dan to show up "for reals" as kids nowadays would say.  Surely you have something else to add, right, Dan?  Because if that's it, I'd have to seriously question your devotion to the American cause.

Rorschach

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2009, 05:54:56 AM »
Strange that Silk Spectre attracted so many votes so quickly. Strange that others pursue case with such conviction. My reason for voting was simple: little else happening at the time. Comedian says we should string her up, see what happens tomorrow. Alarming. Much time left in day, no reason for such haste. Find Ms. Juspeczyk's reaction justified.

##Unvote: Silk Spectre
##Vote: Nite Owl II (Dan Dreiberg)

Active now, but saying little. Discussion afoot, Daniel, even had someone at minus one to lynch already. Not time for jokevotes.

Doctor Manhattan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2009, 06:38:03 AM »
So the gathering is complete... and will soon be made incomplete.  At the present moment, it seems clear that Dan, Hooded Justice, and... though it pains me to say it... Laurie... are the least cooperative members.  I see the stigma of their first impressions lingering in the future, and it is - unpleasant somehow.

But our purpose is not the punishment of unpleasantness.

I find myself agreeing with Adrian, except on one point.  Where he swore he would never hammer someone that early in the day, I found myself willing and prepared to do just that... if it came to it.  (Forgive me, Laurie.)  Blake's insights into the human condition and the appropriate actions with which to begin an engagement with an unknown enemy are sound.  They look poor in the public eye, but yet they are sound.  My suspicions are turning more towards those who have kneejerked against them, particularly Veidt and Rorschach.  Of these two, I am most inclined to

##Vote: Ozymandias

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2009, 07:30:04 AM »
Silk Spectre (3) - Hooded Justice, Rorschach, Captain Carnage, The Comedian, Ozymandias
The Comedian (0) - Ozymandias,
Ozymandias (1) - RorschachThe Comedian, Doctor Manhattan
Rorschach (0) - Doctor Manhattan, Captain Carnage, Ozymandias
Doctor Manhattan (1) - Silk Spectre, Hooded Justice
Dan Dreigberg (2) - Hollis Mason, Silk Spectre, Rorschach
Hollis Mason (1) - Ozymandias, Dan Dreiberg

5 votes are required to try the killer.
30 hours have passed, 42 remain.
(Let me know if you spot any errors in the votecount, I'm prone to mistakes.. like that one, thanks Ozy)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:33:35 AM by EvilTom »
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2009, 07:49:12 AM »
Dr. Manhatten: No, I disagree. It's foolish to lynch before everyone has had a chance to have their input. I would never hammer on day one before this point is reached, especially during a time when there are myriad justifiable reasons for why someone has not made their presence known. Are you seriously saying wishing to hold off until this stage is a bad idea, and, more to the point, that suggesting so is scummy?

More seriously, are you merely nitpicking over my use of the word 'never'? I am sure there could be exceptional circumstances that warrant the opposite, but the chances of them are so vanishingly unlikely that I don't feel compelled to point them out. Even more seriously, are you saying I should have hammered Silk Spectre earlier? Why didn't you?

<->

Spectre has not improved. 'I have nothing to post, can you people post something?' is kinda hypocritical.

Nite Owl II hasn't even read the thread, judging by his one post.

Hooded Justice's rationale for voting Manhatten was flawed in my view. Although I am not sure what Manhatten thinks about it, judging by *his* reason for voting *me*. I would like to know.

Captain Carnage

• Nemesis
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »
I agree with Egypt fanboy here Doc. Having a suspect close to conviction makes them and their partners jumpy if they are commie scum. And if they are innocent, it can possibly make the real scum eager to support the hammerfall. Actually hammering them so soon, however, brings little information no matter what the outcome is, and villany thrives in the lack of information.
Maybe you are different, but us regular guys have this linear timeline thing going on and can't know this stuff beforehand. Silk worriness about her situation is warranted yes, but by itself it doesn't tell anything about her alignment.

I would like if good old HJ spoke more at length about his vote on the Doc, but his straightforward actions so far lacked the usual communist subtetly, so I'm not inclined to suspect him very much right now.

Now, Dan, he seems to be really out of shape. If he avoids giving actual contribution to our investigation for much longer, he'll soon top Silk in my eyes.
Punish me!