Register

Author Topic: MASKED HEROES MAFIA - Day 2: The end of the world - SCUM WIN  (Read 14973 times)

Captain Carnage

• Nemesis
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: MASKED HEROES MAFIA - Day 1: The beginning of the end
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2009, 11:54:31 PM »
Captain Carnage is the other person who jumped over to the Doc, huh? Carnage. Don't really have a read on the weirdo, 'side from he... seems to be sort o' jumpin' around between flavor's o' the moment. Worth keepin' an eye on, I think.
Well, I'm glad for the attention Mr. Blake, but I don't think I've been as 'jumpy' as you put. Miss Silkie gave good reasons for me to suspect her early on. But when I noticed the Doc being ambivalent about her, I got more suspicious of him trying to take advantage on her case. The only one voting him at that time was Hood, and for a different reason that I didn't agree with.

Nothing really changed much lately, I still believe exiling the Doc to another galaxy is our best shot for today.
Punish me!

Taishyr

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2009, 02:42:04 AM »
ahahahaha disregard mod foolery i suck cocks

(There was something here. If you saw it, try to forget it. This is primarily to try and ensure balance of game. I will explain once the game is over. Apologies to runner of game, and to players.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:43:39 AM by Taitoro »

Doctor Manhattan

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2009, 02:49:52 AM »
It is unfortunate that I have not been able to pay as much attention to this as I would have liked.  My sincere apologies to the town. 
Although my powers are many and vast, there is a tachyon field around this game preventing me from using any of them; the color I have chosen for my skin might thus be referred to as vanilla.

##Vote: Silk Spectre in the name of self preservation, although to be honest I doubt she is communist.

On my own defense, I cannot think of anything to say other than what has already been said.  I remain most suspicious of Ozymandias and Rorschach, with Captain Carnage and Hollis Mason slightly below that.  I believe the Comedian is most likely American, and have nothing to say about the others save that I doubt Laurie would flail so much so early if she were hiding something.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2009, 04:08:07 AM »
Way past hammer.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2009, 04:32:48 AM »
Final Votecount
Silk Spectre (2) - Hooded Justice, Rorschach, Captain Carnage, The Comedian, Ozymandias, Hollis Mason
The Comedian (0) - Ozymandias,
Ozymandias (1) - RorschachThe Comedian, Doctor Manhattan
Rorschach (1) - Doctor Manhattan, Captain Carnage, Ozymandias, Dan Dreiberg
Doctor Manhattan (4) - Silk Spectre, Hooded Justice, Captain Carnage, Ozymandias, Rorschach
Dan Dreigberg (0) - Hollis Mason, Silk Spectre, Rorschach
Hollis Mason (0) - Ozymandias, Dan Dreiberg, Silk Spectre

Time was up. A jury of Doctor Manhattan's peers had come to the conclusion that he was responsible for the outrageous murder of Captain Metropolis. As the crowd and press swarmed him on the courtroom steps, Doctor Manhattan cried out in dismay and anguish. In a blast of particles he was gone, never to be seen again by human eyes.

Doctor Manhattan [Vanilla American Hero - Sir Alex] was convicted of murder and sentenced to exile.

Send in night actions.

+ Clarification: Time limit is 72 hours, town must lynch, therefore majority lynch. Sudden death if tie for lynch.
+ Please ignore the man behind the curtain. Taitoro isn't really here.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
Re: MASKED HEROES MAFIA - Day 2: The end of the beginning of the end
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2009, 06:59:26 AM »
Doctor Manhattan's exile came as a shock to the heroes and America. How could such a true blue American hero be a traitor? Immediately the U.S.S.R. seized upon the opportunity and intelligence began flooding in about the enemy superpower's movements; they were beginning to mobilize. America's greatest asset and deterrent is now gone, and the doomsday clock ticks ever closer to nuclear war and the end of the world.
But justice had to have been served, and now the mask killer was gone. Wasn't he?
The heroes awoke the next day to see a shocking headline in the newspaper:

DOUBLE MASK HOMICIDE!
Last night two more of America's heroic mask force were assassinated. Hooded Justice (now revealed to be the rich entrepreneur Mr. Bardiche) and Rorschach (Spanish sociopath investigative genius El Cid) were found dead, and the police have since stated...

Hooded Justice [Vanilla American Hero - Bardiche] was found brutally murdered in his home.
Rorschach [Vigilante American Hero - El Cid] was found facedown floating in the river, shot in the back twenty-six times.

72 hours remain for the heroes to decide who is responsible.
Day 2 will end on Tuesday at 4pm, AEST.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »
So this is a pretty unhappy position. I keep coming back to Spectre and Nite Owl II, if only because they had such little content and were happy to through fingers of suspicion and DIRE THREATS at Manhattan.. whilst not even showing up around near day end with their vote at the ready to hammer. Or to contribute any later info.

##Vote: Nite Owl II for blatant lurking, combined with straight OMGUS on Rorschach. Rorschach's reason (noncontent) was pretty clear, yet this seemed to slip over Nite Owl's head. I don't really like his last post and how it has all kind of ominous threat towards the Doc, nor his absence towards the end of the day and lack of any real stand on the matter.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Captain Carnage

• Nemesis
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2009, 06:12:47 PM »
A sad day for America. I'll have to re-read the past minutia more thoroughly, but my worst impression so far is of Nite Owl The Second.
Punish me!

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »
Gee, this don't look good. Alright, I'm mostly on the same suspicions as yesterday. Still got some suspicions about Hollis, but nothin' major, so I ain't gonna go aimin' to get him taken out unless somethin' better comes up.

I... don't wanna think that Dan'd do somethin' like this, but I'm startin' to think that it looks the same. He ain't really helped us much, and just keeps paddin' out everythin' he's saying.

I keep coming back to Spectre and Nite Owl II, if only because they had such little content and were happy to through fingers of suspicion and DIRE THREATS at Manhattan.. whilst not even showing up around near day end with their vote at the ready to hammer.
Just 'cause I weren't talkin', don't mean I weren't around. I was waiting to see if we'd get any mod clarification on the end-of-day question.

I'll be around to see how things play out, so I'm not gonna vote yet - I'll wait 'til somethin' a little better appears.

Captain Carnage

• Nemesis
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2009, 07:52:30 PM »
Looking at the past stuff, Dan indeed comes as the worst-looking of the bunch, and Rorschach being killed stinks of WIFOM.
##Vote Nite Owl II, at least to see if he comes up with better and sound contribution.
Punish me!

Nathan Greaves

• Just wants a moment of your time
  • Denizen
  • It'll be off the record, I promise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2009, 02:10:18 AM »
An interesting chain of events.  Was not expecting that Rorschach of all people would be willing to kill people he thought guilty in cold blood.  Or perhaps not. Shame that he didn't pick better.

That said.  With Manhattan dead and our nuclear shield exiled, the time of apocalypse is *now*, make no mistake.  I hypothesize that the murder of one such as Rorschach could only be the result of a conspiracy.  If there are multiple traitors among us, then we must be perfect from now on, or it'll be bad for us heroes.

Actually.  Let's put this in mafia terms to be crystal clear.  We are currently in psuedo-LYLO at the moment, thanks to the vigilante (which I did not expect in a game so small, hence the comment about Rorshcach).  Let's assume 2 scum (likely).  Before, we had 4 lynches of which 2 had to hit.  Now we have just three, so we need to hit scum twice in a row, and we don't have much to go on, at least assuming no further vigs / failed scumkills.  If we hit town again, then Day 3 will be 2 townies and 2 scum = unresolvable neverending sudden death = no lynch = scumwin.  Same with missing tomorrow even if we hit today, which would lead to a 1-town 1-scum final day. A rules clarification if that is not true appreciated, but my understanding is that equal scum and townies in an SD game is a scum win.

So...  two Americans voting for an American = scumhammer to try to end game is possible (admittedly a risk for the scum, since a doctor or bulletproof townie could interfere leading to a quick scum loss).  It is the weekend, so it's also possible that they haven't logged on yet.  With those provisos...  I think it's quite likely one of Ozymandias, Captain Carnage, or Nite Owl 2 is scum since there's been no scumhammer.

Which one of these is the most suspicious?  Ozymandias, of course.  Ozy seems quick to forget that he also supported Manhattan's lynch, and he now picks one of the "easy" targets.  I obviously still agree that they are, if nothing else, not being helpful townies by not giving us anything to work with, and certainly ARE suspicious, but it's also obviously possible that they are merely unhelpful townies.  In which case Ozy makes a defensible attack on someone we probably should have executed yesterday to thin the herd, we Americans go along with it not thinking too hard, and all of the sudden we former masks our dead and Nixon is forced to unilaterally disarm our nukes or something.  Can't have that.

I'm also suspicious for dirty metagame reasons of Ozymandias.  Ozy, as the smartest poster on the forum, is probably a veteran of many such life-or-death confrontations I'd imagine.  Yet he didn't raise at all the fact that this is a day to vote VERY, VERY CAREFULLY due to the psuedo-LYLO.  Why not?  A miscalculation on one of our parts, perhaps, but certainly a source of suspicion.  He instead opens with an attack on possibly the easiest target about.

##VOTE Ozymandias

But please be careful about voting with me on this - I'm certainly in no hurry to hammer here, see the LYLO notes otherwise.  Nite Owl II would be my second choice currently (as Ozymandias's points obviously stand, though they're far from a conviction), with everyone else a lot farther behind.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2009, 03:07:38 AM »
I have not 'forgotten' that I was on Manhattan's lynch, and in fact I see no way in which that's terribly relevant. I'm sorry I was wrong? Yeah ok whatever. Virtually the entire game was complicit in it, with the only exception I can see being the Comedian. I'm not going to just forget about making cases or anything because I happened to be in error.

As far as LYLO paranoia goes

1) I think Nite Owl 2's scum so voting him's fine, and also have very little to say that isn't self-evident or hasn't already been said. Sorry.
2) If there are 2 scum then it takes two townie votes on a townie for them to be able to surprise hammer, thus one vote is as safe as anything.
3) erm aren't you being hypocritical anyway by snap-voting me?

The truly ugly thing about this is that you come out and say I'm scummy, and I'm also scummy for voting someone.. who you also think is scummy. What?

Captain Carnage

• Nemesis
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2009, 03:18:32 AM »
##Unvote: Nite Owl II just to be sure.
I still very much want to hear what he has to say though.
Punish me!

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2009, 03:53:03 AM »
Carnage: Thanks.

Ozy: Yes, I promptly voted you to show the magnitude of my concern.  I also wrote a warning not to join in voting you just yet due to the fact that two townie votes are what sets off alarms.  You probably should have done the same with your vote.  Possibly an innocent quibble, of course, but I'm not taking that in isolation.

The reason I'm worried about lynching Nite Owl 2 is that we still ultimately have very little in the way of contributions from my esteemed successor.  Your accusations sound reasonable to me, but lurking is a suspicious activity that unfortunately can also be due to busy / poorly playing townies.  You saw my posts on Day 1- I'd probably be more willing to hop on the Nite Owl II train right now if we were not in psuedo-LYLO.  We don't have the luxury of clearing out people with short records to gain information for later.  We need to kill the real scum now.

And as for your last comment, commies can make reasonable arguments too.  Hell, they should do so as much as possible.  An unfortunate consequence of this is that it is sometimes necessary to accuse someone making a prima facia reasonable argument.  Call it intuition that Doc Manhattan mentioned, but while your post was certainly defensible in its own right, it struck me as the kind of defensible post a commie might make.  All the commies have to get us to do is make one well-intentioned and logical, yet wrong, lynch and they win.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »
Nite Owl II (1) - Ozymandias, Captain Carnage
Ozymandias (1) - Hollis Mason

25.5 hrs have passed, 46.5 hrs remain.
With 6 alive 4 votes are needed for majority lynch.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2009, 10:24:16 AM »
Yeah, see, I don't lynch for mere information so much as picking out who's scummiest. Your core methods seem flawed. The terms of what makes someone scummy don't suddenly change as LYLO approaches.

Helga Pataki

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2009, 02:17:31 PM »
Yeah, okay, I'm still really not seein' Adrian as bein' our villain here (strange as that is), unless he's in a team with the Comedian, judging from the way they were Day 1. It's possible that that ain't the case, but that's what I'm leanin' towards, if anythin'.
O' course, I'm not thinkin' Adrian's a commie at all, and naturally, I'm seein' this latest turn of events as lookin' even worse for Hollis, who I'm still damn unsure of. These latest arguments are the same kinda arguments I've been seein' most of his as throughout, and they're exactly the same ones he's accusin' Adrian of.
Call it intuition that Doc Manhattan mentioned, but while your post was certainly defensible in its own right, it struck me as the kind of defensible post a commie might make.
Your core methods seem flawed.
This has been pretty much the cause o' doubts that I've had about him. I weren't gonna mention it, seein' as seems like instinct to me, but seein' as that seems to be the theme of the arguments now, I'll bring it up.

Also, lookin' for Comedian to show up again. Wonderin' where he's got to recently...

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2009, 12:31:29 AM »
Yeah I'm kinda wondering where the entire game went.

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2009, 12:41:14 AM »
owww son of a BITCH

guhhhrrr goddamn it goddamn

Ungh. Sorry, I've been scarce, kiddies. Government had me dropped into Cuba for a couple days. Last minute special op. Got shot all to hell and it's still stinging like a bitch. Anyway, I'm alright. Back to it.

Damn but we're a sorry, silent bunch, aren't we? Don't know what the hell's happened to us. Really impressive dearth of discourse, and I dunno really what's the best way to handle that. Good on Hollis and Ozy for really spearheadin' the effort: I've got a hard time seein' either one o' them as overtly commie, you know? I mean, discussion's been pretty damn thin all game, right? Seems like it'd be easy as pie for the Reds to hardly put any effort in, yeah? Keeps leadin' me back to Dreiberg. Sits around for a couple days, rushes back in tomorrow with his own excuse and suddenly has the benefit of our rushin' toward deadline, since decisions that get made late get made pretty hastily sometimes -- not to mention the benefit of staking a position when you've seen how other folks' cards've already fallen. Hrrrmf.

Look, I need to get some dinner in me. I'll be around tonight, so whoever else is here: let's put our heads together.

NINJA'D: Couldn't have said it much better than Carth, myself. Again, I'm sorry for having been absent. This weekend took me by surprise.

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2009, 04:29:19 AM »
Guh. I dunno, kids. Anyone out there? I'm havin' a hard time pullin' much of anything outta the few posts we have to work from. Main thing I'm seein' right now, I think, is that it don't look like Hollis and Ozy oughtta bother snipin' at each other. I guess I could be wrong in workin' under the assumption that more content's a pretty clear sign of Americanism right now, but it makes sense and my gut's pullin me in that direction pretty strongly.

Seriously, anyone out there right now? If so: talk at me! Hrm, let me try to throw some stuff out there.

Silk Spectre: Could you do me a favor and present your case against Hollis? I don't follow it and would like to see what it looks like just laid out on the table by you.

Captain Carnage: What are your thoughts on Ozymandias's disagreement with Hollis?

Dreiberg: Where are you.

Gruh.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2009, 04:58:54 AM »
I'm around and suffering from the very same issues. I'm even stuck wondering if there actually are two scum in this game, as I pretty much assumed from the start. (Just one? Maybe 3 and weird role shenanigans? I don't know. This is probably the paranoia speaking.)

I think it's unlikely Hollis is scum, since I don't see scum coming after me like that, total weirdness aside. Out of the people who have.. talked... Cap'n Carnage is probably the scummiest-seeming to me for his rather terse words today. And even he doesn't really rate too high because I perfectly understand having not much to say, although really he needs to put more than one-sentence posts out there.

Comedian, I am kinda curious about why you remained on Spectre yesterday as opposed to taking a side on Manhattan issue. Care to talk about that at all?

Tron Bonne

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2009, 05:21:40 AM »
Eh, s'not like I ignored Osterman. Think I was pretty clear at the end of Page 3 that I'd be completely happy to eventually hammer if necessary, but by the time I came around to really closely considering him he was at L-1 and there wasn't a need to end the day early, far as I saw. Feel like I made my position clear enough on the freak.

Guh. Comedian needs sleep badly, and that's no joke.

Nathan Greaves

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2009, 05:37:20 AM »
I'm around but not really around.  Been pretty busy myself this past weekend.  One of my old buddies from the police force dragged me along with him on some crazy vacation - his son became a marine biologist and is an expert on squids.  Apparently this PyramidCorp business is paying great money for some kind of project on this tropical island, and they're bringing squid experts and squid artists and everything here for some special project.  Me & Roger just hitched a ride in his son's luggage to get a free tropical vacation.  I'm sure I'll be back soon enough, as this place seems off somehow.  Surprised I even had time for the one message I got off before about Ozy.

Ozy: I'd disagree that LYLO doesn't change scumminess.  To be more specific, it can change the behavior of people once LYLO starts.  I'd be real suspicious of someone declaring they're a cop and pointing in one direction during LYLO, for example.  (And yes, spare your jokes about me being a cop, I retired years ago.)  Your first post twigged my alarm bell about this in a different way - you were attacking somebody who, from a scum perspective, seems to be too busy to likely defend himself much, if at all.  Though...  Dan really does need to get here and defend himself.

Silk Spectre: Not much to add here, I don't think she's a good target for a HUAC investigation anyway...  but I can see an Ozy / Spectre scumteam.  Ozy leaned on Spectre early, but switched to Manhattan on Day 1; this is a wild guess, but I can also see a certain amount of what might be cooperative disagreement between them.  I'd rather lynch Ozy at this point of the two of them, so more a concern for Day 3 IF we lynch Ozy and IF he turns out to have been a commie.

In general: That said I'm having second thoughts about Ozy now that I've seen his latest posts.  And Dan...  if he isn't a commie, maybe he was captured by them, which would be almost as bad.  If Dan doesn't show up, I don't really see any choice for us but to lynch him.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2009, 06:57:08 AM »
Nite Owl II (1) - Ozymandias, Captain Carnage
Ozymandias (1) - Hollis Mason

48 hours have passed, 24 hours remain.
With 6 alive 4 votes are needed for majority lynch.

If Dan doesn't show up in the next 3 hours he will be modkilled (this will not end the day, his flip will not be revealed until the end of the day).

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »
Nite Owl II has been modkilled due to inactivity.
The scoreboard has been reset.

With 5 alive, 3 votes are needed for majority lynch.

21 hours remain.