Register

Author Topic: Touhou Mafia - Main Topic  (Read 121977 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Touhou Mafia - Main Topic
« Reply #925 on: January 26, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
Since we're now -1 to hammer, I'm just going to toss this out there now.

Smodge, if you are town, and you investigate Tai, you'll learn your sanity right quick.  He's a Supercop cleared Miller, which means that, if sanity trumps Miller, then you'll know what you are based on the result you get on him.

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 26, 2008, 12:49:55 AM »
Blah, incomplete thought. Day 4 Yakko/El Cid results are that neither participated, although this is understandable due to the rapid passage of the day to majority lynch.
- Have you ever contemplated suicide?
 - Frequently. But only for others.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 26, 2008, 12:52:16 AM »
i know, i've been debating targeting tai since his roleclaim, but hey, theres only 3-4 ppl i havent investigated left anyway, if i am sane cop thats 1/4 chance of hitting a right one.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 26, 2008, 12:52:51 AM »
Also the el cid lynch should prove things well enough.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 26, 2008, 12:55:00 AM »
The El Cid lynch might prove me paranoid or you naive, but not both.  One of us has to be wrong.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 26, 2008, 01:02:21 AM »
Re: Smodge.  Eh, I bring it up mostly because we can't be certain that Kilga will let us know your sanity if you flip, and it's also nice to know sooner rather than later as to sanity, or lack thereof.  That said, if El Cid shows up Scum, then this discussion is already moot.

El Cid, in your defense you bring up the issue of my point on Alex's deflection.  You then mention the exact post I'm talking about.  As I recall, Ciato was marginally active right before that, and she was trying to stir up interest in hunting lurkers.  So, Alex came in and championed the cause by picking two people who weren't really lurking, and then carrying that flag whenever he could against Hal.

Needless to say, it looks like something of a distraction play to me.  And, you happen to be one of the people who're sitting in the path of it, reasonable/honest excuse or not.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 26, 2008, 01:08:15 AM »
Alright, feeling better now. Also totally in awe of Hal's Wall of Words 20th level caster there. I did read it all though!

On that note real quick, Hal, could I request that you link us back to your Tonfanalysis at some point so I, and anyone else interested, can look it over again?

Anyway, on to the counter cop claim conundrum, I'm still in favor of lynching El Cid. It really boils down to his flip being the only thing that can clear up the issue of which cop is sane and which is not. Or which is being honest and which is lying, if you think one of the cops is making a scummy plot of one sort or another. He's the only investigation the two have in common, so it's just the simplest and most logical solution here.

So, yeah. Vote stands.

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 26, 2008, 01:21:27 AM »
Tonfanalysis post is located here.
Tonfa's rebuttal follows a few posts later, my day 3 point-by-point counter to it is located here.

There hasn't been much discussion of any of these points by anyone else since, as each day's issue du jour has taken priority and Tonfa's never bothered to put together a reply to me on that last post; the QR/Tai bomb hit very shortly thereafter and Tonfa's been backseated as a case ever since.

Otter

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 26, 2008, 02:20:04 AM »
Two unconfirmed cops active who, even if they're not lying, don't have confirmed sanities.  Okay!  Smodge looks a little worse after that flawed bit about being confirmed sane (which he most definitely isn't), and of course the existence of two cops (in addition to the SUPERCOP from earlier...) forces me to consider the sanity issue strongly, but it's hard to move forward without getting s'more results.  Fortunately, the one player they've both got reports on happens to be the one I'm most suspicious of right this moment.

I still don't like how Excal or Tonfa look, but Cid's looked rather bad to me all game and so I'm going to put my hope in Yakumo's claim for today.  Obviously there's the pragmatic "No matter what happens, we'll get somewhere with the flip" bit, but I'm increasingly sure about Cid if only because he's just plain not producing a roleclaim.  Did I miss this somewhere?  If I didn't and he still hasn't claimed, well... Cid.  You are at -1 to hammer!  If you are a genuine townie, you should be a hell of a lot more concerned with not being mislynched than you're acting.  I shouldn't have to say it, but mislynches are godawful for town, and a real townie (if he's playing for Team Town, as he oughta be) wouldn't just say "meh" and let it happen without even claiming.  Remember how half-heartedly Corwin defended himself yesterday?  So do I, and I castigated him for it because it looks so blatantly un-town.

Quick question for Excal: could you make a full, if brief, roleclaim?  I realize Andy did it already, but if you don't mind, I'd like you to say it yourself.

Otter

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 26, 2008, 02:25:06 AM »
Yeah, okay, I just checked again and Cid definitely hasn't claimed, saying he'll do it "if people need me to."  Looks bogus to me.  If you're town, then you already know that Team Town needs you to keep yourself from being mislynched for everyone's sake.  You're at -1 to hammer, you aren't going to get any closer to lynching than this and still be able to talk.  Right now you just look like a lazy scum who doesn't want to be bothered concocting a plausible claim.  There's no other reason for the continued silence all the way up to the brink of death.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #935 on: January 26, 2008, 02:36:52 AM »
Let's Play Danmaku Detective Game! Vote Count:

Tonfa (2): El Cideon, Carthrat, Smodge13, Halbarad
El Cideon (5): Tonfa, Otter, Yakumo, Gatewalker, Halbarad
Smodge13 (0): Gatewalker

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day ends in about 26.5 hours.

Notice: El Cideon is 1 vote away from lynch!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 26, 2008, 02:46:15 AM »
I've been trying to think of a way to figure out whether Smodge or Yakko is fudging their claim.  But nothing's really come to mind, and Otter...  yeah, he's raised some valid points.  So, I think any real hesitation I had is gone now as to the lynching of El Cid.

Otter, I hope you don't mind if I say that I find your request to be a wee bit sketchy, do you?  That said, no real point in hiding anything.

First off.  There's the OPG Kill.  There was no stipulation that it needed to be public, and even the day kill could have been anonymous.  Andy decided not to use it privately, which I fully agree with.

Secondly, Night Kill Immunity.  Yeah, Andy told the truth.  I get to dodge once, and only a 50% chance of it at that.  He got lucky on night 2.

Third, Night Action Immunity.  This power may look good, but it also means cops can't sniff me out and agree that I'm town.  Also means that no one gets any idea of who's acting on me.  Remember, there's more town roles that do useful things at night besides killing than there are scum roles.  I also don't know if anyone targets me, as I was told nothing of OK's attempt to watch me night 2.  Not to mention, there is a drawback to this power.

The drawback I need to dance around a little.  For example, it says that if I tell people flat out what it is, then lightning shall strike me dead where I stand.  Of course, I'm allowed to say things that all but spell it out.  For example, let's just say that if Smodge were to investigate me tonight, then we'd learn something valuable about both Smodge and myself.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 26, 2008, 03:16:49 AM »
I'm gonna hammer this soon, most likely.

Like I've said, Cid hasn't looked terribly bad to me this game, lurkerness aside (there were worse culprits here, after all). But today is something of an exception. I found his initial response to Yakko indistinct. The fact that he said that Yakko's investigation of a dead person being convenient indeed seems really off, given that Yakko has actually been persistant in his pressure on Cor to this point.

Then it really seemed like he'd given up- as if he didn't expect anything he was going to say would make a difference-

One moment, post in progress. Do give me the dignity of a few final words, no?

Like Otter says, his whole attitude has not been one suited to preserving himself at all. I dunno just how much his flip will clear up with cops as well; I *guess* that if he flipped town we wouldn't be trusting Yakko's and we would be trusting Smodge, though. But given that one could be naive and the other paranoid and any combination therein... eh, occam's razor would dictate that we ignore Yakko's cop finds from then on if this happens.

I would have disagreed with Hal that this case is so clear-cut, but

1) I do think that checking out cops and copclaims is one of the biggest fonts of information we can get.
2) Cid has done a poor job of defending himself.

So. Waiting for a Cid roleclaim at the moment... but I really don't know how much help it will be at this point. I'm hesitant in pushing him for NOT claiming (we have no idea what his role is at the moment) but I do think the obvious time to do so for him is right after he gets copped, and he DID seem to imply (to me, at least) that Yakko was trying to frame him for a reason. Sentence in question didn't seem like flavour at all to me.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 26, 2008, 03:43:54 AM »
Hmm interesting, do i target Tai, Excal or someone else tonight.
Owel thanks for giving me plenty of targets to decide upon, i won't reveal who in advance naturally, gotta stay 1 step ahead of scum.
I'm almost ready to hammer myself, just waiting on Cids claim.

Taishyr

« Reply #939 on: January 26, 2008, 04:43:56 AM »
Give me time to look through this, head is spinning a bit and I'm not sure what to think re: Yakko/Smodge->El Cid problems. Nyar.

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 26, 2008, 06:47:16 AM »
Just got back in. Clear-cut is perhaps not the best word to have used there; prominent might be better. I don't think we're going to be able to shift back onto Tonfa with the cop claim standing out in front of everyone's mind, and as Rat has said it's probably for the best that we resolve these two contradictory cop claims one way or the other.

Apologies for unclear verbiage, it was a long post and I kinda wanted to get it over with by the time I got to the end (took me almost two hours to compile all the information there).

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 26, 2008, 07:00:23 AM »
Okay, I'm awake, and I'm getting mildly pissed off here. I understand why I have been getting pressure and votes on me, yes, but Hal all but labeling me as 100% scum is just a bit much. Going over cases addressed against me today...

Went to review Tonfa...

Quote from: Tonfa
Well! Nitori not being scum was :psyduck:y. Though it makes sense, thinking of it. A docbusting kill(which was his actual ability, most likely) wouldn't trigger Andycal immunity based on what is known, after all. This would also clear Corwin as town doc, I think? OR there's the case where Nitori's power was nothing at all, but...it seems less likely, with the Mad Scientist moniker, to me. Want to see Watcher results.

Also, I'm so very glad that at least one of my hunches was correct, that being Alex being awfully scummy. Mm. Now to review day 3 by reading it over, I suppose.

You were *very* quick to confirm Corwin here. It seemed like you forgot that there was indeed a scumkill unaccounted for if this was the case. Cor certainly looked better but there was no way he was out of the running at this stage- and remember that we don't know for sure what Nitori's role actually did (just a fairly well-educated guess, I'll admit.)

That was pretty much your only post of content on day 4, which was admittedly very short. Continuing to look at what few posts you did... like everyone is saying, they're very devoid of content. You also talk about your radar lots, with random statements like this-

Gate: ...radar isn't registering anything. This is vaguely worrying.

I picked that one out pretty much at random from his previous posts. You've made Gate an *exception* worth bringing up here, but you're hardly posting at all on anyone else! And again, hardly anything at all on day 3. Here's another thing...

On the QR/Tai issue, I'm inclined to say it's a careful scum ploy by QR that backfired. Andrew vote on day 2 after dayvig claim has me the most uneasy of anything either has said during the course of the game here. Makes more sense to me than any possible Tai Xanatos Gambit scenario here. Both of them could be townies, though....mmph.

*At that time*, I feel this was a REALLY unlikely conclusion to hint at. YES, the possibility was there, naive cop, lack of complete role information, buuuut I know that when I was thinking about it, those ideas seemed so very unlikely. Of course, now we know that they both *are* townies (QR via death, Tai via incontrovertible investigation)... well. I think the only people who would have reason to speculate on this were scum. If I remember right, Tai *was* hesitant about lynching QR, which I find odd in retrospect but since he's clear...

Anyway, I think there's more to Tonfa that just lurkering with a glance at these posts; what he has made seems to either be shoving trains in directions they shouldn't go without proper reasoning behind them, or poor attempts at concealing a lack of real deductive thought. I would dearly love for you (and smodge, for that matter) to come out with your prophecized analysis.

In the meantime I think I'm going to follow suit and ##Vote: Tonfa.

1. True enough. Judgemental error is all I can say there.

2. Infrequent posting and not being able to spend long periods of consecutive time made it so I was frustrated with this over the week but preferred to not drop out and there weren't replacement candidates. as said early in day three:
(And frankly, the time investment needed/free time ratio is a lot worse here than I had thought during signups time. Not entirely sure I have time for much reading/analysis/posting today at all, as reality takes priority over mafia. I will continue playing to win, but if somebody with more time wants to play, throw a replacement request into the TH mafia signups topic and I will step down.)
So, the rest of the players tended to have addressed every point I came across by the time I saw them. I apologize for not having mad detectiveing skillz or whatever. That kind of thing is recording of my quick, not fully analyzed thoughts, which I guess I shouldn't put in the topic at all? Whatever.

3. Okay. NOW I AM GETTING TOLD SCUM AT FOR TAKING DIFFERENT POSSIBILITIES INTO ACCOUNT IN THIS GAME? WHAT THE HELL. Ahem. I'm tempted to get more venomous but that would do no good to anybody.

Generally Tonfa has been on 2 of our mislynch trains, he lurks a fair bit, and other members of the town have made some good points on him.
Me-tooism accompanied by a mispresentation of facts, as the correct answer is one. Though I'll concede that it could have been two if I hadn't gotten ninja'd on Strago.

You still haven't answered my questions, Yuyuko dear~

Knowing what these questions are would be a good start.

BY SCUM:
Ran: Rode the Tom train, switched over to Strago.
Corwin: Stayed on the Tom train.
Tonfa: Started on Smodge for early stupidity, moved to Tom and stayed there.

And this is the reason why I would have done a spit-take had I been drinking something when checking this morning. By scum. Isn't that an awfully convenient light to present me in. I know you like your case but WHAT THE HELL. Are you seriously that hell bent on seeing me dead? (Actually...Lyncher? Is that you, Yukari-sama?) Definitely taking another closer look at Hal, this kind of determination goes beyond healthy.

DAY 3 (part 1):
BY SCUM: (RAGE)
[...]
Tonfa: Did not weigh in at all.

I voiced my support for QR vigging. Just getting that straight. Obviously not too smrt in retrospect but so it goes.

POINTS ON TONFA CASE:

Corwin's first analysis post of day 3 (part 1) compliments me for coming out with analysis without being provoked, but asks that I look at people other than Tonfa. (I haven't done so other up until now because settling one case strikes me as the most important thing; I've researched my most likely scum case, still haven't been solidly rebutted on it, and will continue to stick with it until it's resolved. This isn't to say that I won't do things like this to help clear up the issue du jour, but I'm not going to abandon a researched attack until it's either been clearly defused or resolved with a flip. The fact that it's acknowledged scum saying this tends to add weight to my negative analysis on Tonfa, especially given that the OTHER known scum came out with a very flimsy lurker case on me when I'd been relatively high-content/low-count on posting and was quite clear that I wasn't going to be swerved off of Tonfa without good reason.
Two cases of indirect "defense" from scum. Well, I don't know what the scum are thinking, but those seem like really weak cases to try build something against me off of.

His only day 3 post of any kind drops a vote on the now-confirmed-townie Nitori with no real analysis whatsoever, promising more later but never actually coming up with any.
No real analysis. That's nice. I based my vote off the way they (OK/Nitori/Corwin) reported their results on Andy. This was all I could go on there with the time given(and, frankly, there...wasn't much else. Nitori was town, Corwin had played extremely careful scum until that point.). I said to post more that day, yes, but I didn't end up having time/other things took predecence.

Day 4 he posts twice, once announcing intent to hammer Corwin (why bother?) and then again to drop the actual hammer. Doesn't say anything beyond Corwin's case failing to convince anyone.
Wow. You are now counting ASKING PEOPLE IF THEY WANT TO DISCUSS SOMETHING INSTEAD OF DROPPING HAMMER OUT OF NOWHERE AS A STRIKE AGAINST ME. I...this game....gnskdhjfilöh.

So. Onto other issues of this day. I am convinced that El Cid is scum and smodge is either naive or just plain lying. Leaning naive as the lie would be extremely risky. Others already went into why El Cid's defense is not convincing at all. (though this will probably be yet another strike against me because I wasn't here at the right time! Hurray!)

That came off as more veonmous than intended but damn.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 26, 2008, 03:13:36 PM »
Okay, I'm awake, and I'm getting mildly pissed off here. I understand why I have been getting pressure and votes on me, yes, but Hal all but labeling me as 100% scum is just a bit much. Going over cases addressed against me today...
BY SCUM:
Ran: Rode the Tom train, switched over to Strago.
Corwin: Stayed on the Tom train.
Tonfa: Started on Smodge for early stupidity, moved to Tom and stayed there.

And this is the reason why I would have done a spit-take had I been drinking something when checking this morning. By scum. Isn't that an awfully convenient light to present me in. I know you like your case but WHAT THE HELL. Are you seriously that hell bent on seeing me dead? (Actually...Lyncher? Is that you, Yukari-sama?) Definitely taking another closer look at Hal, this kind of determination goes beyond healthy.

This is because you've done absolutely nothing -over the entire game- that helps town. You've produced zero new information, you haven't given your own opinions on anything aside from parroting the common reasoning on the issue du jour, and you've posted with this lack of real content extremely infrequently. If you're NOT scum it's one of the best examples of "how not to play town to win" that I can imagine.

Now to top it off you're fishing for a roleclaim from me (by trying to accuse me of being a Lyncher, I presume to get me to counterclaim something else), and calling me down for sticking to a case? It's not like I've been so tunnel-vision'd on the case I've made against you that I've been unwilling to weigh in - or even switch votes - to deal with issues that have taken prominence over it. I may not have switched votes OFTEN, perhaps, but that's because prior to today I was trying to get more people to weigh in on it. Now they have.

And as far as sticking to the case? I'm still waiting to get a clear resolution on it. I don't intend to hop from developing one case to another until each one is cleared up, and since you've done very little to convince me that you're not scum - either by words or deeds - the only thing that will clear it up is your flip. Once that's done - for good or ill - I'll take the next scummiest person I can spot and go through everything -they've- said, starting the whole process over again. I'll admit that I'd rather this had been cleared up sooner rather than later so I COULD go on to actively hunting new cases, but I'm willing to be patient until this one is settled - and in the meantime I can still read and comment on higher-profile cases as they occur.

And finally? I specifically went -out of my way- to point out to people that the post would be colored by my own prejudices and judgements. If I have that solid a belief that you're scum, why should I not include you with them in my post? People don't have to agree with it, and they can simply take the voting record as a tool to make their own review of your posts. I specifically stated that my post should be taken as biblical truth.

DAY 3 (part 1):
BY SCUM: (RAGE)
[...]
Tonfa: Did not weigh in at all.

I voiced my support for QR vigging. Just getting that straight. Obviously not too smrt in retrospect but so it goes.

And this is -why- I said not to take my post as gospel truth. I make mistakes. You did indeed post in favor of vigging QR, although the post in question is more of the same you've had all game long. Given the fact that I was trying to track five people through a 900+ post topic, I'm surprised this is the only one I've made (that anyone's spotted so far, at least).

POINTS ON TONFA CASE:

Corwin's first analysis post of day 3 (part 1) compliments me for coming out with analysis without being provoked, but asks that I look at people other than Tonfa. (I haven't done so other up until now because settling one case strikes me as the most important thing; I've researched my most likely scum case, still haven't been solidly rebutted on it, and will continue to stick with it until it's resolved. This isn't to say that I won't do things like this to help clear up the issue du jour, but I'm not going to abandon a researched attack until it's either been clearly defused or resolved with a flip. The fact that it's acknowledged scum saying this tends to add weight to my negative analysis on Tonfa, especially given that the OTHER known scum came out with a very flimsy lurker case on me when I'd been relatively high-content/low-count on posting and was quite clear that I wasn't going to be swerved off of Tonfa without good reason.
Two cases of indirect "defense" from scum. Well, I don't know what the scum are thinking, but those seem like really weak cases to try build something against me off of.

Uh, I'm hardly "basing" my case off two indirect scum defenses; I'm basing it on the fact that you've lurked all game and your posts lack any sort of original content whatsoever. The indirect scum defenses just make you look that much worse - it's not like this is the only reason you look scummy.

His only day 3 post of any kind drops a vote on the now-confirmed-townie Nitori with no real analysis whatsoever, promising more later but never actually coming up with any.
No real analysis. That's nice. I based my vote off the way they (OK/Nitori/Corwin) reported their results on Andy. This was all I could go on there with the time given(and, frankly, there...wasn't much else. Nitori was town, Corwin had played extremely careful scum until that point.). I said to post more that day, yes, but I didn't end up having time/other things took predecence.

And that's exactly the problem. You state in your day 3.2 post (which is the closest thing you have to analysis of any kind to date) that you're voting that way because of the reported results on Andrew, yet you don't say why those results make it more likely for Nitori to have been the scum than Corwin - not even vague reasoning, given that you would "post more later". This is exactly the kind of thing I've been after you for all game long; you make vague statements about why you're voting without ever bothering to explain yourself farther than what everyone else has been saying.

Day 4 he posts twice, once announcing intent to hammer Corwin (why bother?) and then again to drop the actual hammer. Doesn't say anything beyond Corwin's case failing to convince anyone.
Wow. You are now counting ASKING PEOPLE IF THEY WANT TO DISCUSS SOMETHING INSTEAD OF DROPPING HAMMER OUT OF NOWHERE AS A STRIKE AGAINST ME. I...this game....gnskdhjfilöh.

When did I say that asking other people to discuss something was scummy? All I said was "why bother" announcing intent to hammer on Corwin, since it was pretty clear that Tai's trap for him was the central issue and got resolved so clearly in favor of "Corwin is guilty" that the only reason -not- to hammer would just to be letting someone -else- hammer, or letting folks that hadn't posted weigh in before the hammer fell.

In the case of the former, why post at all other than to avoid lurker vibes? In the case of the latter... I can't speak for others, but given how fast the hammer fell on day 4, I'm not really inclined to hold failure to weigh in against the folks that weren't able to post before the hammer fell - things like that happen on an extremely quick day with a blatantly obvious target.

-----

To everyone else: I'm not really intending to derail the conversation from El Cid and Yakko, so please feel free to focus your attention there. Given that we're getting closer to the wire in terms of who's left to be NK'ed, though, I'm not nearly so confident about surviving the night as I was back on day 2 when I waited a night to address Tonfa - so I'm getting my thoughts out there while I still can. Skim over this and come back to it tomorrow, if I'm not around to make the case by then.

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 26, 2008, 03:17:05 PM »
should not be taken as biblical truth*, bah lack of editing.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 26, 2008, 03:29:06 PM »
Fishing for a counterclaim? Sigh. I guess I'd better not say anything more in this particular debate.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 26, 2008, 03:59:36 PM »
So, the much-awaited roleclaim? I'm vanilla. Sorry guys, haven't got anything more interesting for you than that. I'm aware this isn't particularly helpful, but it's all I've got. This may sound defeatist, Otter, but I've been sitting at -1 to hammer for nearly a day now. Is there anything I could say that would turn this around? If you think this is right, get on with it. Killing a townie sucks, but at least you know you'll learn something definitely useful from it this time.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 26, 2008, 05:06:09 PM »
Little under 12 hours to go.

If you want to start sending in night actions, that'd be good.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 26, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »
Right then, I think we've managed to get everything out of the way that we're going to get out of the way for today.  Let's see how the flip goes, and where the chips fall.

##Vote: El Cid

That's Hammer.  Goodnight, all.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 26, 2008, 05:27:26 PM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

El Cideon, playing Remilia Scarlet (Fate Controller, SCUM-ALIGNED) was lynched!

Story in a few as I'm having lunch. If you need to send me a night action, please do so.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 26, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »
Flandre suddenly pointed at Remilia's head. "Big Sis, um, why do you have my Maze of Love?"

If Remilia was shocked at her sister's accusation, she didn't show it. "What are you talking about?"

"That's my spellcard under your hat! Right there!"

Flandre made a grab for Remilia's hat; Remilia danced out of the way.

"What on earth are you doing? Don't touch my hat!"

"C'mon, give it back give it back give it back!"

"Calm down!"

The game of cat-and-mouse continued until Flandre made a sudden dive at Remilia's midsection, knocking them both down to the ground in a heap. Remi's hat flew off in the collision, revealing a small smattering of spellcards. Flandre was stunned at the revelation - to the point where Remilia had to push her dead-weight little sister off of her before she could get up and brush herself off.

"Jeez, you're heavy. Are you happy now? I have half a mind to send you-urk!"

Mokou had run over at the spillage of the cards, and lifted Remilia up by the neck of her blouse. "Where'd all those come from, bat? I don't suppose you're in league with that fox?"

"How dare you accuse me of such actions! Let me go this instant!"

Yuyuko had floated over as well, and she looked into Remilia's eyes with a deceptively childish grin on her face. "You had better hope for your sake that it was not you who disarmed my gardener. Otherwise, well, I cannot be held responsible for my actions."

Remilia glared daggers at the ghost. She was about to speak further in her defense, but, in looking around, she saw Sakuya flitting her eyes back and forth between her mistress and the pile of cards on the ground, Flandre still frozen in shock while staring at her sister, Meiling somehow taking a nap, and everyone else seemingly ready to whip out a stake and a mallet and get things over with. Her lips curled in a defiant sneer. There was no turning back.

"Ah, so that's how it is, eh? One word from my dear, daft sister and you fall all over yourselves to be rid of me! Well, I know I'm not exactly the most popular individual here, but I never thought you all would be so eager to sling me out as to accept such feeble condemnation--and from my sister, no less! Such ingratitude! Siblings should know to follow the lead of their elders!"

"Wait, sister, I-"

"Flandre! I should've left you in the basement! Allll those years I protected you from the dangers of the outside world, and this is how you repay me? You're in for a very stern talking to when we get home. I assure you, I'm just getting warmed up! It'll take you an age and a half to redeem yourself after this disgrace, so you'd better practice grovelling while you still have a chance!"

"But-"

"As for the rest of you? I see your true selves this day! Petty, small-minded creatures, all too glad to blame current misfortune on one who might just have a slightly troubled past in these parts, I say. You don't even need proof! One little accusation and you can unravel the whole of the mystery, eh? I simply marvel at your deductive powers. Clearly I am outdone among such august company.

It seems a girl can't have any fun these days without everyone assaulting her. Well, I am sorry if I upset anyone, but eternity does grow so tedious after a while. But some of you just can't handle a little bit of mischief. So sad, that your tiny minds rebel on encountering anything unexpected. Well then, go back to your staid little lives, all of you! I've no more use for those who are clearly not discerning enough for my company. A swarm of curses upon you all! I'd be glad to explain every single one of them in detail so that your feeble minds could better grasp the scale of misfortune in store for the next person to cross me, but I at least know when I'm not wanted (unlike some others here I could name), so I'll do you the small favor of leaving now.

If any of you has the guts to take this up with me on your own, you know where to find me!

Flandre? Enjoy the company of your new friends until they've no further use for you~"

Remilia then kicked Mokou in the stomach in order to be free of her grip and sped back off to her house, leaving a trail of laughter behind.

Aya, having emerged from the shrine interior and watched the whole spat, got ready to take off herself. "Don't worry, I'll get her and bring her right back. There's no way she can outrun me."

Reimu, who had joined her, help up her hand. "No. Once Yukari gets back, we'll send her after Remilia."

Then followed a period of silence that allowed the truth of what they had just witnessed sink in. Marisa walked over to Flandre, who had started to cry, and put forth her best efforts to comfort her. All Sakuya could do was stare in the direction her mistress had left, her mouth still slightly agape.