Register

Author Topic: Touhou Mafia - Main Topic  (Read 121633 times)

Taishyr

Re: Touhou Mafia - Main Topic
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 03:50:38 AM »
Change avatars, sure, but don't switch names, yeah. As fun as it is.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 03:51:33 AM »
Cough, hack, wheeze. My asthma. D:

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 03:51:43 AM »
Oh, this will do most splendidly.

##Unvote: Chisa

Oh, and you would doubt the quality of my servant's work? It is true that she could be a more effective gardener and never fixes dinner in time...but rest assured, the food is always of most excellent quality. Though I suppose a ghost like myself can't die anyway~
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 04:03:06 AM »
Taking a moment to ##Unvote: Nitori before going to bed. I'd like to vote for everyone switching their screenname, really. It's confusing and annoying, but not really grounds for more than a joke vote (right now, at least. I really don't want to see those shenanigans lategame).

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 04:03:59 AM »
Change avatars, sure, but don't switch names, yeah. As fun as it is.
Agreed 100%.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 04:10:46 AM »
Hmm i wonder would it work if i switched my name to say EvilTom then said a bunch of scummish things before switching back and he would get the blame for it?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2008, 04:11:39 AM »
I wish I could vote for you again, you scum bastard.

Taishyr

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2008, 04:12:52 AM »
Firstly, do that and get roundhouse kicked. Secondly, you can't change nicks to a name already being used. Thirdly, when you revert back the posts will still be under your name.

So no, no, no, and don't even think about it.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2008, 04:16:03 AM »
Have no fear, for I am here. That's so stupid, it's worth a vote!

##Unvote: Corwin, ##Vote: Smodge13.

As much as it PAINS me to take my vote off that evil bitch Kaguya, that kind of statement is not... cool. Like, at all. You'd totally get caught anyway, it's not like the real one would stand for that.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2008, 04:16:27 AM »
What Tai said.

(Yes, I changed names, too.  This will likely be permanent, though, since I go by Ran on IRC all the time anyhow and was getting a little eh on "Sir Alex" as a name all around.  Hopefully it will not lead to too much confusion.)

So uh, Smodge and Tom, OMGUS implosion much?

Taishyr

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2008, 04:19:54 AM »
Actually, sorry, no.

Do that and get exploded by lasers and grenade launchers.

(Marisa = Mel is... horribly fitting.)

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2008, 04:25:47 AM »
=/ patchcloud = Less confusing? I think [xxx]cloud indicates it is mia. ._.!

@Smodge: ...Ok, maybe name changing should disabled because of Mafia. Yes, Tai is right on all accounts that it'd be painfully obvious when you switched back, but thinking of doing it~? Zzz.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2008, 04:42:50 AM »
Aww, confusion can be fun sometimes~. Oh well, I see no reason to keep the avatar if I can't keep the name.

Speaking of which, this is probably the longest I've seen the joke phase go on, although this is kind of unsurprising. Smodge's comment is pretty stupid, but I'm not seeing anything that blows the wind either way there.
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2008, 04:46:01 AM »
It was a hypothetical, i was wondering if it should be disabled exactly for this reason.
Especially when someone with 2 accounts could possibly abuse it a rediculous amount

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2008, 04:53:58 AM »
I rather wish I could think 'Wow.  I can't believe Smodge said that!', except that it's Smodge.  If there were ever a poster boy for posting before thinking, he'd be it.  And yeah, I agree that the joke phase is going on longer for this game than others I've been in, but considering for how many people this game is a mini obsession, it doesn't seem all that odd.  To be honest, I think today will likely be little more than a lot of playing around and character fun and little actual analysis. 

I think it's a little easier when it's something that not everyone is so gung-ho about because it can only grab your attention so much before you feel like you have to get down to business and start anaylzing stuff.  When it's something you REALLY like, then it's easier to get lost in the fun of it all and sort of let the game fall to your back burner.

I'm not going to vote Smodge over it, though, because it's the same kind of 'post something wild to get people talking' post he makes when a townie so it doesn't seem especially scummy to me at the moment.

EDIT: And Smodge posts while I was typing that.  I'll be honest, if you have so little faith in your abilities as scum that you feel the need to resort to a tactic like that, then you've no business signing up for this game in the first place.  (And I'm using the generic 'you' there, not directed at anyone)  The whole point is analysis and deductive reasoning.  Hacking defeats the purpose.
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2008, 05:24:59 AM »
Mia: Yeah, Patchcloud is fine. Anything with -cloud at the end is pretty obviously you.

Alex: Even if this is a permenant swap to Ran, I'm still going to call you Alex. It's just habit by now. <_<

Smodge: Uh, I'm going to go ahead and assume that whole thing was a hypothetical from the getgo, yeah. It...seems to be something so painfully obvious that you shouldn't need to ask, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here. Mind, it was still something pretty thoughtless to say, but in line with the kind of "hmm I wonder?" behaviour you've shown on day 1 in other games.

QR: Dear, from anyone else, I'd think your comment to Smodge there was an attempt at starting a fight. I know that you're just that snarky in general on the 'net, but still, prolly want to tone down the snark level juuuuust a tad in the future. As Otter is fond of saying "town has no reason to be impolite" and such.

Anyway, just hopped onto the comp to post one more time before bed.

Oh, yeah, and ##Unvote:Yakumo. Joke phase has gone on a little long, so here's my token withdraw from it to go with my first mildly serious post of the topic.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2008, 05:31:48 AM »
Where's that annoying shrine maiden hiding?  It's not like her to miss a party, especially not one at her own shrine.  I think everyone else has shown up by now...

##Unvote: Shale
##Vote: Otter

Oh, big sis!  Can I take the rabbit home and keep it?  Please?  I'll take good care of it, I promise!   ;D

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2008, 05:36:16 AM »
A) Yeah.  The snark was strong on that one.  Not intentional. 

B) I think Otter and I have a difference of opinion in that regard, then (although honestly, I'venot seen him say that.  Is it an IRC thing?).  Being polite won't get town anywhere.  Being a raving wanker now that wouldn't help town.  But going after things with a bit of assetiveness is what has tripped up more scum than not so far that I've seen. 

This does have the unfortunate side effect of pulling down the occasional townie as well, but all in all, I think it's the only real option we've got.  Any sort of wishy-washyness just tends to get town mired in a circle logic chain that ends up hurting us.  Seeing an opening in what someone says and then diving in headlong gives us a real chance to stab at the scum without our only real weapons (before we pull the actual rope for the lynch out), our wits.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2008, 05:44:20 AM »
That should read: 'With our only real weapons', not without.

I'm probably to going to hit the sack as well before too long, so last post from me for the evening.  I would like us to move out of the joke phase as much as possible at this point.  We were given a bit of extra time, but really there is only so much joking around we can do before it starts to cloud things when we're trying to read back through stuff on later days.  I'd like to have as claer of a read as possible when I'm looking over Day 1 antics later (assuming I'm not killed off again).

Oh, and I agree, jokevote phase be over.  ##Unvote Gate.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2008, 05:44:51 AM »
What happens in the game, stays in the game. Well, that's how I play anyway.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 05:49:56 AM »
Personally, I'm hoping we don't, y'know, run until deadline on day 1. Again. Of all the days in which extra time is needed, Day 1 is really the least amongst them. We've got a huge votespread that won't be doing us much good, so I say we heap votes on a few people instead of many and see what happens.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Chisa

• 1.4 Y on the creepy meter
  • Denizen
  • When reality becomes irrelevant, mankind ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 06:06:14 AM »
##Unvote: Cid
We are getting down to Mafia business, so this needs stay no longer, plus I too am going to crash now.
FAIR WARNING: Inside my head, every day is May 7th, 986.

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 06:30:43 AM »
##Unvote: Strago. Now is looking like a good time for jokevote phase to be over. Nothing ruffles my book pages except smodge's comment. Seemingly thoughtless but ice breaking, I suppose. Also, ##Love: to whoever lets me drool blood over them. <3

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 06:40:09 AM »
I always accidently do something stupid day 1 don't I?

##Unvote: Eviltom

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 06:41:40 AM »
Hmph. Merely unvoting and waiting the day out is the wrong strategy. If the joke phase is over, then it's time to use the votes to pressure people to talk. Normally, my vote would go to the buzzing nuisance that keeps on biting at my ankles, but there are actual lurkers around.

##Vote: Andrew

I've missed everything from opening till now due to requiring my beauty sleep. What's your excuse, Sakuya?