Author Topic: Nyarlie's Dungeon: Minis  (Read 1067 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Nyarlie's Dungeon: Minis
« on: May 02, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
The Dungeon is a really cool tournament, and sadly it's on hiatus right now (Submit new teams!). This is just an idea I've been bouncing around, about doing one shot floors/teams.  None of these teams are normal dungeon builds, so it'll be interesting to see how they do. All teams are facing the standard floor 8 this week.

Team Final Fantasy 7

Cloud (Mastered Enemy Skill), Aeris (Cure), Yuffie, Tifa, Vincent

*Yuffie has been granted Slash All!*
*Tifa has been granted Counter and Cover!*
*Aeris has been granted a Ribbon!*
*Vincent has been granted Sprint Shoes and HP+!*

Team Mana Khemia

Vayne, Flay, Jessica, Roxis, Anna

*Team has been granted Vanguard!*

Team Yuna (Summons)

*Yuna has been granted HP+20% armor!*
*Yuna has been granted 1000000 Gil!*

(Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, Yuffie, Aeris)

Team FF7 vs. Kyra, Artea, FFT Chemist and FF1 White Wizard
Team FF7 vs. Alma, Nina4, Marle and Raja
Team FF7 vs. Royce and Killer
Team FF7 vs. Jade, Luca Blight and Indalecio
Team FF7 vs. Profound Darkness

(Vayne, Flay, Jessica, Roxis, Anna with Vanguard)

Team MK vs. Kyra, Artea, FFT Chemist and FF1 White Wizard
Team MK vs. Alma, Nina4, Marle and Raja
Team MK vs. Royce and Killer
Team MK vs. Jade, Luca Blight and Indalecio
Team MK vs. Profound Darkness

(Yuna. Full summons+100k gil and HP+20% armor)

Yuna vs. Kyra, Artea, FFT Chemist and FF1 White Wizard
Yuna vs. Alma, Nina4, Marle and Raja
Yuna vs. Royce and Killer
Yuna vs. Jade, Luca Blight and Indalecio
Yuna vs. Profound Darkness
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlie's Dungeon: Minis
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »
Cute idea.

(Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, Yuffie, Aeris)

Team FF7 vs. Kyra, Artea, FFT Chemist and FF1 White Wizard
Team FF7 vs. Alma, Nina4, Marle and Raja - Cloud has Bad Breath on Enemy Skill, and that's going to put a severe crimp in the first two teams' plans.  Plus FF7 is in a full active time system, so Aeris can sit around waiting to use her healing on whoever needs it.
Team FF7 vs. Royce and Killer - Checking....  okay, FF7 Cover is useless against physical MT.  Also it doesn't work if you're statused.  Anyway Vice Blade is full MT damage and Prone, so open with that to turn off Tifa's Cover.  If Cloud is blocking ID, then Silence Cloud; if not, Instant Death him.  (Killer's ID is apparently physical, so Tifa needs to be turned off first.)  Alternatively perhaps Killer can just damage Cloud out thanks to him being Prone?  If Cloud goes down at any point it's all over for AVALANCHE.

Assuming Cloud is merely silenced...  huh.  Both Cloud and Aeris need to survive Royce's Shoot Lancer, so tentatively Cloud Defends, Aeris heals herself, and the rest of the team attacks.  If Royce can kill through the Cloud Defend, then game over again.  Also, does a Lunar Fresh Ring stop Flame Bird?  It struck me as the kind of effect that might not be immunable by PCs.  If it can't be, then Royce Flame Birds Aeris despite her Ribbon, and Cloud probably dies even through Defend the next round before the rest of the team can kill the bosses off (even if Aeris healed him knowing she could be Bird'ed).  If Aeris immunes Flame Bird...  Shoot Lancer Tifa out, I guess.  Even though she's not prone anymore she still took the damage from Vice Blade.

Even assuming the best case scenario, that Cloud and Aeris keep each other alive while the rest of the team beats down, Cloud is still silenced this whole battle meaning no Angel Whispers - they walk into the next battle with Tifa and probably Yuffie down.  This is going to be something of a crimp in their plans.  And this is assuming that team FF7 doesn't start the fight with two people asleep already, which is an ability I'm normally inclined to give Royce in team battles, but I suspect that the floor wasn't balanced around that.

Random thought: Perhaps Cloud could use Bad Breath repeatedly until one of the remaining enemies in the first two fights is "only" Confused, heal them up to prevent them from killing themself, then use the confused enemy to build everyone's limits for this battle?

Team FF7 vs. Jade, Luca Blight and Indalecio - For Cloud to survive here he really really wants Tifa alive to take Luca's hits for him.  Even if they let Cloud limit, he can't really use it, as his turn must be Big Guard due to the incoming BoltX.  So without Tifa everybody just blitzes Cloud.  Even with Big Guard -> Healing, BoltX + Star Flare + Luca turns probably still wipes the floor without him.  Assuming AVALANCE made it here in the first place.
Team FF7 vs. Profound Darkness

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
Team FF7 vs. Kyra, Artea, FFT Chemist and FF1 White Wizard- Kill everyone but Kyra, and let her build up some limits. Shouldn't be much in the way of resource problems.
Team FF7 vs. Alma, Nina4, Marle and Raja- See above. They let the team build up their limits, which they will badly need in the next few rounds.
Team FF7 vs. Royce and Killer- Shot lance is ST. Pretty damn sure Tifa can survive that. Meanwhile Killer is not getting a turn thanks to getting blitzed. Royce can't put down Cloud thanks to Cover, and her MT damage just builds up limits.  Team should easily have all their limits maxed at this point. Cloud however will want to go into the next fight with a non full bar and an L1 set.
Team FF7 vs. Jade, Luca Blight and Indalecio- I'm assuming for the sake of argument that Jade's above average speed here.  Vincent defends, he's saving Chaos for next fight. Yuffie+Tifa sending Indaleico packing, as his brutal MT damage is the biggest threat here. Jade has to BoltX Aeris, or she's going to use Great Gospel and generally make him hate life.  Cloud Mbarriers the team, so BoltX can't OHKO. Luca can't even pick much at Cloud, or it'll trigger a limit and he'll just revive Aeris. Team should be able to outlast at this point.
Team FF7 vs. Profound Darkness- Chaos time. Vincent is doing the damage here. Cloud and Aeris are just trying to keep the team alive. PD's physical si brutal but walled by Cover, and Cloud can barrier Tifa up so she won't get OHKOed. Dispel doesn't work against a large team like this.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:33:44 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Taishyr

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »
Unsure on the FF7 team.

What the hell's Vanguard for the MK team? Gut says that unless it's a notable boost they get resource drained.

Yuna... uh, under non-Aeons she gets pretty much murdered by fights 3/4. Gut says Aeons don't do enough to push her past those but I may be underestimating how easily she can coast past the first two fights. Not willing to math it out.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 10:24:28 PM »
Vanguard is the back row. You can rotate party members and such and restore SP that way.

It's specifically Yuna with Aeons.
-------------------

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 01:29:53 AM »
superaielman: This gets into interpretation issues, I suppose, but I certainly don't force PCs to attack if it won't help (and they have defend commands available).  Bosses who lack "waste a turn" moves have to attack, sure, but not PCs, which are all that appear in those first two fights.  So no free limit building for the FF7 squad for me.

If you do force them to attack, I'd tentatively let them still attack just one target (it's what makes sense normally, which is what the Dungeon assumes), meaning that the FF7 team has only one lvl. 4 limit ready going into Fight 3.  Admittedly, a lvl. 4 from anyone probably wins them that fight, but then they'll be fighting fight 4 without any limits ready (leave Royce alive and she can only use Flamebirds if she thinks she's lost, leave Killer alive and he can just spam Seal, or possibly even kill people outright by building up to two stock gauges, thus denying any new limit buildup).  Which...  makes that fight a headache, tentatively, since it depends on when Cloud gets his limit and whether the bosses can KO Cloud through Big Guard.

If you make the Dungeon refill the team's limits every fight, then yeah, FF7 should win in a laugher.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 05:29:26 AM »
I don't make them refill the limit bar. They really need that for fight 4 (3 ended up easier than I expected thanks to Killer HP, and Royce has enough damage to fill it up. PD is a breeze if they get that far, fight 3/4 are what it hinges on. Vincent getting use out of Chaos is pretty cool, on that note.
-------------------