Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 3, Pools 9-12~  (Read 3873 times)

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 3, Pools 9-12~
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 12:54:56 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee)
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Still Alive (Portal): *sigh*
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico): Good match.
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza)

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia)
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection)
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3)
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song): This bottom fourpack is awesome.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3)

JUMP ALL AROUND, JUMP ALL AROUND, MOVE THAT BODY

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam)
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)

LEFT SIIIIIIDE
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 02:03:59 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee)
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Still Alive (Portal)
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico)
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza)

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia)
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection)
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3)
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:36 AM »
Ah.  While these pools had some chaff, most of it has been cleaned out.  Some good stuff here.

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - Close, going with classic.
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Still Alive (Portal) - ... sorry, GLaDOS.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico)
Flaxen Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - End of 1K and EOLIA can't really keep up with the quality here and are the odd ones out.

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) - Reasonably close.
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) - Legendia.
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) - Tower is very good, but I've a few issues with it.
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) - More emotional or something.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - Is the True Number One.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) - Could go either way, really, hard to lose with Kanno vs. Kajiura.
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) - Destiny is awesome.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 02:36:20 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Still Alive (Portal) - YOU WIN THIS TIME RICHAAAAAAAARD

Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) - To think I voted against this twice
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 04:29:34 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 04:36:35 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia)- Eh.
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics)
vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 04:51:39 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee)- I think?  Good match though.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 10:54:31 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 12:27:20 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - Sticking with classic Final Fantasy
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Still Alive (Portal) - And again
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) - Wins on account of it not being Prisoners of Fate
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Melty Blood!

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) - I'm glad that Tower of Caelum made it this far, but it's not beating SPHILIA, I'm afraid.

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) - Bitter Dance for Failure Bracket champ.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) - Close one. Tsuki no Mayu just has a little extra something special, methinks.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:46 AM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 04:54:50 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) - I'm afraid that I will never see why Four Fiends gets so much hype.

Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) vs. Still Alive (Portal) - Okay Still Alive you can go away now.

Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) - Yep.

Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) - Sure, why not.

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) - Reasonably close.

The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) - Slaughteriffic

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) - Reasonably close.

Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) - Also reasonably close.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) - Good match, though by no means close.

Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) - Not as close as the above match.

PKNintendo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 01:20:13 AM »
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV)
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI)
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross)
The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza)

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith)
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia)
Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3)
 A Challenge to God
FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) (Dear lord at both. YUCK)

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax)
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 04:08:54 AM »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 09:19:10 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) - Aw, Rock 'n Rocks didn't make it.

FAILURE BRACKET
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »
Closes tomorrow, so get your votes in soon!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 07:50:44 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 02:23:09 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »
Four Fiends
Four Kings

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) [9] vs. The Fountain of Dreams (Super Smash Brothers Melee) [8]
Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) [10] vs. Still Alive (Portal) [7]
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) [9] vs. Expressive Hill ~Harmonics EOLIA~ (Ar Tonelico) [5]
Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) [8] vs. The End of 1000 Years (Melty Blood Act Cadenza) [6]

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) [9]
vs. Fury Sparks (Tales of Vesperia) [4]
The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) [10] vs. Dark Man's Stage (Mega Man Anniversary Collection) [5]
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) [10] vs. Tower of Caelum (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) [4]
Rune of Punishment ~ Meeting the Cursed Rune (Suikoden Tactics) [6] vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) [10]

FAILURE BRACKET
I am the Number One! (Star Ocean 3) [4] vs. Bitter Dance (Star Ocean 3) [10]

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) [6] vs. Tsuki no Mayu (Turn A Gundam) [5]
Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) [9] vs. Inner Universe (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) [4]