Author Topic: Ephemera: The new face of survival horror  (Read 840 times)

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Ephemera: The new face of survival horror
« on: May 19, 2009, 06:49:38 AM »
Ephemera
What she can’t see can hurt you.

---

As I was going up the stair
I saw a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away...

When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door... (slam!)

Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away

---

“Ron? Ron? Oh God, please, Ron. Pick it up! Pick it up!
Oh God, Ron? Ron! Thank you, God! Oh Ron!
Everything’s gone to hell and I don’t know what happened. Everyone started going crazy and… oh God. I… I locked myself in the security room to stay safe but… but… I don’t know what to do. I know how everything must look but… but I can see you on the monitors. I can see everything on the monitors!
Oh God, please Ron. I know all this must look and sound crazy to you, but I need your help, Ron. I know we haven’t always gotten on well and we separated on bad terms but… but I need you Ron. You’re the only one I can trust now. You and these monitors…
Please, Ron.
Please.
I know you must want to just run away but… please…
Just believe in me one more time.
Please, Ron…”

---

Ephemera is a first person survival horror game in which you take on the role of an average man who awakens in a hospital waiting room to find that the place was transformed into a hellish landscape, toured by fierce and horrifying beasts. The only thing that still seems to be normal is your ex who, having locked herself in the security room, monitors your progress through the security cameras on-site.

The brunt of the game involves a combination of evasion to escape from the monsters that roam the halls and, with the help of your ex, navigating the treacherous halls of the hospital. This effort is aided by the “belief” system, which allows you to enact changes in the landscape by disbelieving the horrifying sights around you. Of course, this power doesn’t come without a price…

The state of the world around your is determined by your well being. As your characters health and mental state deteriorates, so to do does the world around him. While a room might only look a little bloody when you’re at the top of your game, it can quickly transform into a pulsating flesh room traversed by the legions of hell itself.

With a unique morality system that is effected by every action you take, as well as a number of endings depending on your actions throughout the game, Ephemra promises to deliver an unparalleled survival horror gaming experience that is sure to keep even the most seasoned gamer on the edge of their seat to the very end.