Author Topic: Rate this game in the DL: FFT and SoA  (Read 4870 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Rate this game in the DL: FFT and SoA
« on: January 24, 2008, 07:17:32 PM »
DQ8 and DDS
BoF1 and SO2
FFX and PS4

We've had various incarnations of this topic over the years, measuring how much you like a game's cast/what'd you rank from the game/how much you respect the duellers, etc. Well, we haven't had one of these in a while so I figured I'd restart the topic to give us something to talk about during the downtime. Archived topics are listed above.

FFT's DL pedigree is without question. Both as one of the league's strongest draws and the game where a large part of the orginial group met, it's been at the center of things. Skies of Arcadia took a much more low key route- the game was so poorly played that it took a quick replay by one of our writers to provide Ramirez a writeup in season 3.  It's certainly had success after that, with Piastol's triple championship.

Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller:
Least favorite dueller:

Strongest dueller:
Weakest dueller:

Favorite moment in the DL with this game:
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game:

A character you'd like to see added to the game:
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game:

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller:
Least favorite dueller:

Strongest dueller:
Weakest dueller:

Favorite moment in the DL with this game:
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game:

---

Also, suggest ideas for what to use in the next round.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:45:37 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rate this game in the DL: FFT and SoA
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:30:19 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Orlandu. A kickass PC Godlike who doesn't rely on obnoxious summoning tricks to win.
Least favorite dueller: Altima. Pretty much now and forever, no matter how little I may care for Alma at any given time.

Strongest dueller: Orlandu. No contest.
Weakest dueller: Mustadio. Malak at least has magic defense, Rafa has some sembalance of offense. Musty has nothing, even with credit for the range game. DL legal guns are godawful.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Orlandu beating Loki. Loki winning in Godlike is a stretch, let alone winning a title. Plus I'm an Orlandu fan.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Rofel vs Lezard was pretty bad, but I can at least see it. Mmm. Yeah, I'll stick with Rofel's DL luck in general.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: NA.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Alma's the worst offender here off the top of my head.  There's others, but she's the worst we have ranked.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? -The classic 'RPGP carryover' game. Some of the ranks are just odd, and Vormav should have been ranked as his demon form if anything. Game's always had the fan and draw pull to keep things relatively stable though.

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Ramirez or Galcian, take your pick. They're pretty similiar.
Least favorite dueller: Fina.

Strongest dueller: Piastol.
Weakest dueller: Gilder? Enrique? Fina? One of the scrub PC's, it doesn't matter.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Ramirez beating Mewtwo.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Galcian losing to Lucia and then downgrading. Infinite hate.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: NA.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Maybe Vigoro? Nah, game's well ranked.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game: This game was hilariously awful at drawing early on- I had to link Deus after he had left the DL to the Piastol ranking topic so she'd have four votes, which was the cutoff for ranking at the time. It's never been a good draw at any point,but it's almost always had enough fan pull to win the matches it's needed to. Piastol is just odd. She's good, but not nearly as good as her record and championships show. Some definite luck with the draw and backlash against certain godlikes has helped her on at times. She struggles more with a mid tier draw like the TimeLord than Kefka or Seph, and it's always been that way. Go figure.

My suggestions for next time: VP1 and VP2.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 07:44:04 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Orlandu. Strong, but not overblown PC.
Least favorite dueller: Some of the bosses for the headache they give me when trying to figure out their HP

Strongest dueller: Orlandu
Weakest dueller: Mustadio

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Orlandu beating Jade!
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: None comes to mind

A character you'd like to see added to the game: I'd probably trade is some of the Zodiacs for few bosses we have now.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Oh, few of the bosses. Rofel/Balk/Celia come to mind.

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Uh...Pass. There are so okay duellers, but none I like a lot. Fina/Aika/Drachma aren't bad, just kind of status whorey.
Least favorite dueller: Vigoro. Not bad, just got really overhyped.

Strongest dueller: Piastol
Weakest dueller: Enrique. Fina has Stone, Gilder has HP.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Nothing stands out. Couldn't vote on it for most of the DL period.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Galcian losing to Lucia. They have similar damage, Galcian has about triple the HP!

---

Also, suggest ideas for what to use in the next round.
...into the nightfall.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Hmm, Rofel I think. I'm normally not much for PC killers, but equip breaking is an interesting enough varient on the theme, and that's not his only trick at all. The defense, some status, and respectable damage all kinda come together to make a fighter I actually like.
Least favorite dueller: Hmm, Altima? Sure. Ramza might qualify simply because I despise how poorly he translates and wish he could be an awesome Heavy or something. ;_;

Strongest dueller: TG Cid.
Weakest dueller: Mustadio.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Delita champing middle is a good one, though his subsequent Heavy run was "...".
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Don't really have one. Didn't Lezard beat Rofel at one point after he got his VP2 form? If I'm remembering right, that could work.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Hmm, nobody. Maybe Queklain or Velius, but I don't really feel that strongly about it.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Alma. Weird temp issues ahoy.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game: FFT equips for godlike and such. <_<

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Hmm, Drachma. Like that he needs what, 4 turns? And generally gets them? Yeah.
Least favorite dueller: Uhhhh...Fina? Sure, Fina. Ramirez gets HM because I dislike how his most entertaining move isn't DL compatable. He's always a riot in RPGmon though.

Weakest dueller: Fina, I think.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: None really stand out.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: See the above. Galcian downgrading was kinda lame, but eh, nothing to get worked up over.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Think we ranked everyone we could rank from this.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: And none of them are boot bait either.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game: The SP system irritates me in the same way that VPs PWSes do, in that it doesn't translate well to the DL. Feels like no matter what you rule on it, you're skirting either the letter or the spirit of the DL rules to me. Just one of those things, I guess.

Next Time: Uh...Grandia 2 and Suikoden 3? Just pulling 2 games out of a hat, pretty much.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »
Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Galcian or Drachma. Really good tanks are fun.
Least favorite dueller: Enrique. Just kinda... there, and not writeup bait like Gilder.

Strongest dueller: Piastol, without a doubt.
Weakest dueller: Enrique. Has the fewest tricks of the scrubs.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Galcian beating Ash.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Galcian losing to Lucia.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Nothing left that's really rankable... uh, Gordo maybe? He's boring anyways.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Everything works.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? SP translates so poorly... Vyse never lives to use Pirate's Wrath. Well, at least Drachma beats the system.

Next round... Suiko3, and Xenosaga.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 09:19:31 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueler:  Celia and Lede.  They're fun PC killers with some interesting moves.  Why does Lede get all the love, though?
Least favorite dueler: Either Delita or Beowulf.  Can't decide which one I hate more.

Strongest dueler:  Orlandu
Weakest dueler: MALAK

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Worker 8's rampage through Middle
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Delita's season 33-34 run.  Just...frustrating beyond belief.  I disagreed with six of his seven wins.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None.  There are plenty of characters from this game as it is.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Miluda.  Really minor, unmemorable character.  We can live without her.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Vormav needs another match.  I've been nominating him for twenty frickin' seasons now.  Also, I'm looking forward to seeing how Ramza does in Middle.  Will he tear through the division like Worker 8, maybe? 

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueler: Gilder.  No particular reason.
Least favorite dueler: Can't say I dislike anyone from this game.

Strongest dueler: Piastol
Weakest dueler: Enrique

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Piastol consistently dominating Godlike even though she isn't uber-powerful.  She's always exciting when she gets in.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Galcian downgrading to Heavy.  Sadness.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Nope
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Nope

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? The PC cast is not that great, but the bosses are interesting enough.  Good game overall.

Suggestions for next time: Chrono Trigger and Disgaea

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Worker 8. A fun style, and a nice in-game translation of HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KILL HIM?
Least favorite dueller: I dunno. Mildly dislike Orlandu since he relies on equipment so much (yes, yes, the rest of the non-W8 cast does too. They're not in Godlike, though). Mustadio and Olan because their status is overrated. Wiegraf because form 2 hype makes me sad. Vormav because you should never even fight him in-game. But none of these are especially offensive.  I think... Zalbag would be my choice. As a PC he's far less relevant than Alma, boss is... ugh... no.

Strongest dueller: Orlandu. Altima's not too bad, but this still isn't especially close.
Weakest dueller: Malak's close despite the MDef, but sure, Mustadio.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Tir beating Orlandu. W8 and Izlude championships were also good, but I don't have any strong memories arguing those matches the way I did Tir's.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Worker 8 downgrading to Middle. What the fuck?

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None. ZALMO?
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Vormav, Zalbag, Olan depending on my mood?

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Went through a period of loving this game in the DL (it is my favourite game after all), then went through a period of disliking it (ugh equipment and annoying breaking/MP-destruction/boss hype), now it's settled down into something fairly average.

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Aika. Her gimmick is pretty amusing.
Least favorite dueller: Galcian and Ramirez. Boring spoilers.

Weakest dueller: Fina or Enrique, I'm a little hazy on exactly how good Fina's tricks are which would make the difference here.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Raquel vs. Galcian.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Mewtwo vs. Ramirez.

A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Pass on both of these, obviously.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Boss durability seems really overrated from some corners, which only increases my dislike of them of course. Rest of the PCs are kinda neat but also overranked on average.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Razor Raven

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 10:37:18 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Either Orlandu or Worker 8. Leaning Worker 8. Love those defenses, wish he had better damage, though. Throwing an honorable mention to Ramza
Least favorite dueller: Altima, very disappoint endboss. Doesn't suck quite as much as I thought, still fails, though. As an alternate, Alma. Not because I have anything against her, but because of the headaches she causes in regards to what people allow. I'd like to have her as a strong duelist, but what she gets (high defense, for example) just feels wrong

Strongest dueller: Orlandu, opens up so many cans of whoopass, it's a good thing whoopass isn't alcohol, or he'd be drunker then Barney Gumble
Weakest dueller: Umm, gosh, I'd have to check the stats. Low respect for Miluda and Algus, but Mustadio is hard to argue with

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Various, Orlandu besting Jade was fricking awesome, how many PC's do you see legally beating a High Godlike Boss? Then there's Worker 8's run in Middle, if only because of Halbarad's description of Worker 8 vs Marle, still makes me chuckle. I suppose I also like Agrias upgrading to Heavy...I'm going to stop before I get shot.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Probably Worker 8 losing to Kary. Probably legit, but still a blow to me, then there's Altima winning a match in Godlike

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Hmm, probably Velius, feels like a nasty dueler, all things considered, and actually scary in-game, unlike Miss Endgame Failure.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Hm, probably Miluda and Algus, they're kinda dull, although Algus' remake form sounds interesting....There's also Olan, but at least HERE he isn't massively overhyped (Not that I've seen, anyway)

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Used to be stunned that Reis scored so low, she always seemed good in-game to me. Then again, like Ramza she doesn't get stuff that'd make her kickass. Still, Reis for Light Champ!

Suggestions for next time: Suikoden or Breath of Fire 3, maybe

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 10:48:18 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueler: Beowulf, offhand.  Mostly just more varied than the other FFT Duelers, and isn't stupid good to the point of being boring/overhyped like Orlandu.  Honorable Mention to Malak, mostly cause the Fail Levels are fun to work with!
Least favorite dueller: Orlandu. Example of a character who has some damn good luck in the DL regarding equipment (Excalibur *AND* a Bracer?) and it turns him into an annoying Godlike. 

Strongest dueler: Orlandu. No Contest.
Weakest dueler: Mustadio.  Less damaging than Malak, and has only one Trick that isn't really that good in this setting.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Tir beating Orlandu works.  Yeah, nice to see the MP Draining hype finally die a bit and watch Orlandu not be so unbeatable by other PCs.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Orlandu > Loki.  That was Orlandu hype at its greatest, and he won it partially due to some completely false facts regarding Loki (and claims like "Loki's defense isn't that great!" which are pretty -_-)

A character you'd like to see added to the game: If anything, this game is over ranked.  Otherwise, Hashamalum.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Vormav.  Mostly cause his one form is one you can kind of skip over entirely due to how the fight works, and how its clearly Hash in control from the get go.  Either way, one of them should be ranked, being probably the main villain of the game.

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueler: Drachma. Fun Dueler, and pretty much for all the same reasons he's a good PC in game.
Least favorite dueler: Galcian.  Complete joke fight in game (despite being forced to use Gilder), who relies on an ID move to beat most PCs, which is completely useless in game (you're spamming Delta Shield against bosses anyway; that move = he wastes his turn.)

Strongest dueler: Piastol. Best boss in just about every way?  Also was actually a decent fight in game, and doesn't always rely on one trick (plus with new info learned, she can be spoiled a bit easier too.)
Weakest dueler: Fina. Damageless PC with limited healing and is frail! BUT SHE HAS SOME TEMPORARY STONE USABLE ON TURN 2 OR SOMETHING!

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Raquel vs. Galcian works.  Nice to see Galcian get owned by someone kind of cool, let alone a PC.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Piastol beating Jade. Piastol doesn't annoy me so much, but there's still some ridiculous hype she gets; she should not beat a boss who outdoes her in pretty much every way that matters.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None. Game was well ranked.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: See above.

[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 12:40:41 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Malak...Miluda...Mustadio...probably Miluda.  Failure is fun.
Least favorite dueller: Ugh...So many.  Alma and Orlandu are at the top.  I'll go with Alma.  Just...ugh.  She's not exactly a favourite of mine in any way.

Strongest dueller: Orlandu, I suppose. 
Weakest dueller: Ugh...well, depends on how you take Alma.  Otherwise...Mustadio.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: JOACHIM BEATING ALMA.  BEST MOMENT EVER.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Orlandu over Loki.  Even MC and plenty of others went over this...just...illogical.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: All.

Move along.

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Mmm...I really do like Ramirez, but I don't know why.  There's really no logic to it >_>  Aika is just awesome, though.
Least favorite dueller: Probably...mmm...none really stand out, but Galcian is one I never get tired of degrading, so him

Strongest dueller: Piastol.  Speed is fun.  Vigoro's a good 2nd, at least.
Weakest dueller: Uh...Fina, probably.  Cast is generally thankful I give 4 SP overall.  She...doesn't have the damage, and her status isn't that amazing.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Galcian downgrade.  Yay.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Uh...mmm...none really.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Ranked well.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: See above.

Not too many thoughts.  Overall good.  7/10

And for next time, the same games I've been suggesting:  FE7 or FE8 with XS1/2
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 12:44:16 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Ramza- Probably a 3 way tie or so, but no one else has said Ramza yet
Least favorite dueller: Alma, yeah headaches

Strongest dueller: Orlandu, not really arguable
Weakest dueller: Mustadio works I guess

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Yeah, Tir beating Orlandu works
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Orlandu's wins, just annoying.  At least FFX gives everyone ridiculous items, FFT just saves em for Orlandu

A character you'd like to see added to the game: NA
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: NA

Not nearly the fan that most people are, still a decent game though.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 01:43:56 AM »
BOTH games I nominated got chosen. ;D

Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Zalbag
He looks like a really fun dueller. He's got plenty of tricks up sleeves, and I love Ruin.

Least favorite dueller: Malak
Sorry pal, epic failure isn't something I like to see. I would say Mustadio, but I have a bit of respect for him.

Weakest dueller: Malak

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Hmm... not sure. Tempted to say Orlandu losing to Tir. Lol, goodbye, super equipment.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Simply the fact that Zalbag hasn't shown up in 27 seasons.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Kletian.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Miluda.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Yes. ZALBAG NEEDS ANOTHER MATCH.

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Drachma
He's strong and his moves are actually pretty interesting. He can tank up until he gets Hand of Fate, or go all out with Tackles.

Least favorite dueller: Fina
Her only way of winning battles, I believe, is by stoning them.

Weakest dueller: Enrique

Favorite moment in the DL with this game:  Galcian losing to Raquel. It's not because I don't think she should have won, it's just I think Galcian was fine in Godlike.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: I'd say Gilder not having gone in 26 seasons.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Nah, everything's good.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Perfect.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? No, nothing comes to mind.

---

For the next round, I'll go with Suikoden and Fire Emblem 7.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 02:13:04 AM »
Skipping FFT because I have no love for it, though War of the Lions may change that soon.

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Aika, has some neat tricks and was really fun in-game. Vigoro's also up there strictly for personality reasons.
Least favorite dueller: Galcian bothers me a bit.

Strongest dueller: Piastol, who really feels like she's a different game altogether.
Weakest dueller: Fina.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Anytime Aika was in, I found myself really interested in the match.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: The reminder about the lack of Gilder for 26 seasons I can agree with.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: All the Bounty boss fights!
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Actually, Piastol is one I wouldn't have ranked, but I'm glad she was anyway.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? More Gilder? Maybe he can champ!

-Djinn

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 04:06:36 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Cloud >.>  Okay, probably Orlandu.
Least favorite dueller: Uh... Vormav?  Blandest character

Weakest dueller: Mustadio

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Season 4 Alma!  Partly because I enjoy when Alma annoys people, partly because the Sgt. Joe > Her writeup was pretty good.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Sure, Worker downgrading to MIDDLE.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Quecklain.  I've always thought he was a strange oversight, big chapter boss etc., just people seem dead set against more FFT.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Vormav I think.  Dull and proooobbbabbly should have ranked Hashmalum instead.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Nope

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Probably Vyse.
Least favorite dueller: No one stands out.

Weakest dueller: Fina

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Nothing stands out
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Same

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Same

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Nope
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Rofel. Weapon breaks are good fun, and he has other tricks as well.
Least favorite dueller: Alma.

Strongest dueller: Orlandu.
Weakest dueller: Olan.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Delita gets seven wins in a row! Sigurd beating Alma.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Alma beating... anyone, really.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Queklain, Hashy
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Vormav, Alma, Olan

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 01:07:59 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Orlandu. He's a fun Godlike with several tricks.
Least favorite dueller: Alma. Weak guest who gets hype only from the hardcore knowledge of the game folks.  The hype machine aspect has soured me for years.

Strongest dueller: Orlandu. No real contest.
Weakest dueller: Malak. FFT:LW took Algus out of this hunt and I don't feel like putting Alma twice in a row.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Orlandu's championship run. That was the highlight of the early seasons for me.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game:  Mmm. I don't have too many nor are they that strong. Still, when in doubt, grab Elfboy's favorite and it's usually accurate. Orlandu vs Tir works well enough. This still isn't huge.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Zodiac Demons, be it by interps or outright rankings. They're in a bizzare limbo.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: You can snip some of the tangential crap easily enough. Take your pick of the hangers on.

I like FFT a lot, even with a few quirks. Ramza sucking is a damned shame.

Skies of Arcadia

Favorite dueller: Vyse.
Least favorite dueller: Enrique.

Weakest dueller: Fina.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Ramirez beating Mewtwo works.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Vigoro arguments.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None. This game was acceptably ranked.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Eh, they all work for me.

I remember when this game was hot stuff. Now it's more of a DL footnote, but it's still fun.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 06:04:39 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics

Favorite dueller: Rofel.  He's Meliadoul+, which qualifies as good in my books.
Least favorite dueller: Alma.  See above statements of such for all reasoning why.

Strongest dueller:Orlandu.  Without a doubt.
Weakest dueller: Hard to decide whether Malak or Mustadio is better.  I'll say Malak's weakest, though Mustadio is a close second (pity, given how useful he is in-game)

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Cooker 8's rampage.  Any time that robot inflicts terror, hilarity isn't too far behind.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Delita's Heavy run.  WTF.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Kletian, maybe Queklain.  Alternatively, switch Vormav out for Hashmalum.  Zodiacs need better representation in the DL.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Alma.  See above for why.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?  None I can think of.  Again, I think Zodiacs needed better representation in the DL, but aside from that, none.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.