Register

Author Topic: Mercenaries - A forum based strategy game.  (Read 755 times)

Lady Ashe

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Mercenaries - A forum based strategy game.
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:46:47 AM »
Back in 2k6, a Board 8 user came up with an idea for a huge project called Mercenaries. It's a strategy game where people hire prolific video game characters for their team and battle it out with others. Win battles, get more 'gold' to spend on more mercs, until eventually only one team is left standing. Battles are determined by voting, but unlike in the DL the voting isn't based solely on number crunching.

In addition to regular battle worth, each merc has an 'ability'. An example is Squall's "Lone Wolf", an ability that allows him to challenge a single merc from the opposing team to a one-on-one duel. Whoever wins arrives at the main battle a bit late, while the other doesn't participate.

Basically it's a big strategy game that combines regular match-ups and clever ability use. I've only very briefly touched on some of the basics here, as there is a lot to take in at once. It's about to start its third season. If you're interested in playing, check out the sign-up topic below. It will eventually contain more information on the actual gameplay mechanics, or you can just ask me stuff in here. If you don't want to play you can still feel free to vote, or you can just choose to ignore this. A warning to prospective players though - this isn't some short term thing. The time you put in per week isn't that much, but it'll last for a year or more.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=8&topic=49856522

If you decide to sign up, I recommend mentioning that you're from here. The admins knowing that you're into this sort of thing and have been with it for years should go a long way to getting you in one of the 24 player slots.

(Don't expect there to be any problem with me advertising this here, but if there is just delete it and PM me or something)