Register

Author Topic: Futurama: Anthology of Interest Round 1!  (Read 6386 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama: Anthology of Interest Round 1!
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:45:59 AM »
This is it!  You (sorta) requested it, and the trainwreck is coming in!
In order to streamline things, we'll be putting the first round into a single week.  While huge, this lets you see everything from the get go (and not coincidentally lets us see everything in action before the ranking season).

Voting will close next Sunday, latish.

Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series)

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X)
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile)

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana)

Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Lucas (Mother 3) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)
Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III)

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)
Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia) vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)
Oboro (Live a Live) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series)

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV)
Cornet Espoire (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Roan (Grandia II)
Sapphire Rhodonite (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX)
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden)

Light

Troubadour (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Black Wizard (Final Fantasy)
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Kelvena (Xenogears)
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)
Millie Chliette (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sten (Breath of Fire II)

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:57:49 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama: Anthology of Interest Round 1!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:52:42 AM »
Godlike

Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- Too much HP.

Heavy

Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Think Agrias barely (And I mean barely) 2HKOs here. EDIT: Nope, she just misses. Alicia should 3HKO going flat out.

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III)- Kneejerk.

Middle

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV)- Want to say Esuna had excellent evasion/status resist.

Light

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- Um
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- Hits Lucius DEF.
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross)- I think? Poison damage+healing should do it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:33:28 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:00:06 AM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs) - Okay, sure.
Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - 30% regen might let Wodan pull off a win here? 

Heavy
Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Yep.
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Goes first and OHKOs is my kneejerk.
Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III) - Counters plus SoS healing should work in Roy's favor here.

Middle
Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV) - I'll buy the evasion/status resistance hype.

Light
Troubadour (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Black Wizard (Final Fantasy) - The ID hits before Troubador gets a chance to kill?!  Feels weird hyping BW, but EO2 basic physicals for godlike and such.
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Kelvena (Xenogears) - Kelvena is trash
Millie Chliette (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sten (Breath of Fire II) - Not thinking about this match
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 09:58:56 PM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 01:16:48 AM »
Godlike
Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X)
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile)- He's not hitting her with his physical 3 times in a row.

Heavy
Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Faster
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Crono (Chrono Trigger)- 3HKOs, and Dodge means that she isn't 3HKOed.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- Slow...well, confuses me here, but given how enemy paralysis wears off in game to benefit you makes me lean towards Wyl here.

Middle
Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia) vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden)- You really don't want your magic to be ITD against Ronnie!

Light
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)- Gordon just 2HKOs her.
Millie Chliette (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sten (Breath of Fire II)- Resists Wind, lots of healing, his damage isn't much better otherwise. This will likely change if BoF 2 itemcasts had to be equipped, making the Atk Up legal.
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross)- Like Peppor is ever getting around the healing.
...into the nightfall.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:18:52 AM »
Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): Despite not doubling, item cast Firebolt and Blade Armor probably handle it.

Also, I am rooting for Wodan with the fury of a thousand suns.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 01:24:41 AM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series): I know we've had this one before. Anyway, ghost plate owns Myria 1, and plain old awesome durability lets him grind out 3 (who never gets better than a low 2HKO.)
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Ameno basically has the first strike due to Chris needing to open with SL, and has borderline OHKO physical damage with Agneyastra, and the very worst interp I've seen of his durability would see Chris 4HKOing. "No" to letting SL stop that.

Heavy

Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics): Well, LOL non-shocktrooper VC character in heavy, but Agrias isn't all that in the division herself.

Middle

Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series): Gut
Sapphire Rhodonite (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX): 2HKOs and isn't 2HKOed (Sapphire's best move wasn't elemental)

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:53:30 PM by Monkeyfinger »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 01:35:16 AM »

Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs) - ACF

Piedras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF)
vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile)

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)

Middle

Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia)
vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)
Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series)

Light

Troubadour (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Black Wizard (Final Fantasy)
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 01:52:36 AM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs) - Mr. S. moves first and overkills.
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Guv.  Gets the hits....or status.
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) - Dheginsea.  Ryu's electric damage hits right into Dheg's counters, and provokes an IRE before killing.
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Tyr (Breath of Fire Series) - Tyr. 

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Ghaleon.  Always Ghaleon.
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Ameno-Sagiri.  Chris isn't beating past him in a shot of Silent Lake.
Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X) - Nyarlathotep has the magic.  While his best is physical overall, Chaos Element averages similar, and Seymour doesn't resist the element.  Also, way more durable, faster...and form-chain.
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile) - Lenneth.  Damn boss forms.

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Geno.  Damage overkill.
Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Alicia. 
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - Faval.  Jowy not much respected to me.
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana) - Mmm...Popoi.  Sonic's fast, but don't think has what it takes to stop the DEATH.

Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Crono (Chrono Trigger) - Crono.  Is Jesus, so revives when killed.
Lucas (Mother 3) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) - Squall.  I think I'm letting FF8 people have the GFs they have some claim to, which...yeah.  Think that might be just enough here, especially since I let them status defense junction.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - ...oh blah.  Arnaud.  Wyl misses too much.
Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III) - Roy.  Rei's...eh. 

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI) - RITA IS BETTER.  Estellise still wins it.
Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia) vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII) - ...NEED TO PLAY AR TONELICO.
Oboro (Live a Live) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - ...blah.  Bowman.
Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series) - chaos.  XS3 form is badass here.

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV) - Esuna.  Yang...wait, FF4a.  Damnit.
Cornet Espoire (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Roan (Grandia II) - Cornet.  Letting her start with full Rewards works.
Sapphire Rhodonite (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX) - NEED TO PLAY DISGAEA 3.
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) - Carol.

Light

Troubadour (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Black Wizard (Final Fantasy) - N...wait, don't need to play EO.  Though if I could vote, it would depend on what DL ranking Troubadour would be.  If less than 3.00, Blackie wins it with the ID...but otherwise, might lose it.  The status sucks balls.
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Kelvena (Xenogears) - FUCK Suikoden.
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) - Except S4-related Suikodens!  Go Gordon, though >_>
Millie Chliette (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sten (Breath of Fire II) - Milly.  Healing wins it against Sten.

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Garcia.
Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Shiki.
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Lucius.  Can't even hype the boss form here ;_;
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross) - CLIVE.  YES.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 01:59:01 AM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde (Wild ARMs) - Mr. S is not a damage god and most of his better damage hits the Parasol. From there, Cecilia just sorta coasts.
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Second Chance makes overkill odds generally not matter (in fact, Killer Stream is kinda detrimental, really, since it can't eke past SC), and Sora has no problems offing single monsters (or just statusing them) and stalling past them. Guv against Godlikes after running out of Call Teams is just awful.

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - You know, if Ghaleon couldn't eke past counters so well, I'd give this fight to Wodan. As is, don't respect his durability (nor the regen) as much, so this is close. NEB probably would vote the other way, though!
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Agneyastra avoids the parry rate, which just sorta seals it against Chris. She has to open with Silent Lake or she gets eaten.

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - lol id. If Ben didn't immune ID (don't think he did), I see no reason why Phoebe would.
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - I think he OHKOs. Faval could dodge one Hungry Fiend, but two is just too much to ask.

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III) - Roy 2HKOs. Sword of Broken means he laughs at the ID, and Rei trying to go into offense gets him countered and killed in the next time Roy gets his own turn.

Middle

Oboro (Live a Live) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - 2HKOs and walls Stone. Everything else Oboro has is just too slow to go off in time to kill Bowman.

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV) - Esuna's evade is enough to get past one turn of status, and she ruins Yang's shit with her own status against his MDef.

Light

Millie Chliette (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sten (Breath of Fire II) - Yeah. Think she has Fire/Wind res even in SO1o, which seals this against Sten.

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Vitali fucking sucks. He's getting countered by Lucius every single time he tries to attack with his Estella-tastic physical, is slower and Lucius might even double with a Lightning tome (although I doubt it). The special attack gets mocked by Lucius' MDef to boot.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:13:23 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 02:12:34 AM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)

Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile)

Heavy
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)

Middle
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)
Light

Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 02:52:38 AM »
Godlike

Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Multiple monsters are what he needs to edge past Second Chance, and I think he gets that.
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV): Large ITD damage is just the thing to beat Dheginsea, and I KNOW he gets that.

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III): Just generally outclasses her.
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile): I think she just OHKOs? Maybe not, but it won't much matter.

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Very straightforward.
Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics): Faster, some Ragnaid thrown in there means she isn't killed in 2 Agrias turns at the least, and 3 grenades + 2 shots should kill. lol Monkey I went to a bit of a hassle to put that topic together so at least glance at it before being so dismissive of what I put together.

Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Crono (Chrono Trigger): I think Lita has an edge here in damage, and she can release her Wings to heal/lap after a turn. Fast Attack/Dodge are icing.

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI): FS before he gets off his ID? Not sure.
Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia) vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII): Pushes her to the edge of a Limit and then blitzes with her best damage? May not be viable.
Oboro (Live a Live) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story): What Snow said.
Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series): Some form or another wins this. Alouette kinda blows.

Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden): EDIT: Ronnie is more damaging than I thought.

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): #*&*$( it. NOT THINKING.
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross): He had healing. That should be enough.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 10:28:49 PM by Pyro »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 03:01:11 AM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs) - Right, parasol.
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Unless Guv had a Summon Team that could do kill + poke in the same turn?
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) - Kneejerk.
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - why are there repeats

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - I think they both 2HKO each other to me.  Too bad I let SRW/FE opponents get the same counter mechanics, so Wodan eats a counter and then another attack after that.
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Silent Lake doesn't help enough, I think.
Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X) - Kneejerk.
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile) - Overkills.  Lenneth <3 no energy storing.

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Whirl~

Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Crono (Chrono Trigger) - Kneejerk.

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI) - Pikohan~
Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia) vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII) - I think?  The limit might cause some trouble, but I think I allow Origin Beta anyway.
Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series) - I... think?

Cornet Espoire (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Roan (Grandia II) - Probably 2HKOs.
Sapphire Rhodonite (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX) - Think Sapphire had solid damage due to having a B ranked attack?
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) - http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=3519.msg63430#msg63430

Light

Health (10) {Special, Head}: 17 TP, +80% resistance to status, 115% speed, MT.  Permanent. <-- I believe this affects ID, so that's not really a threat.  The problem is that Black Wizard likely just outslugs.

EO1 Troubadour likely does get ID'd first though.

Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Kelvena (Xenogears) - Kelvena sucks.
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) - Evasion < Disgaea 1 techs.
Millie Chliette (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sten (Breath of Fire II) - It's Sten.

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - ...
Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - ... mk 2.
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Vitali sucks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:50:46 PM by Talaysen »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 03:13:53 AM »
Godlike:
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Guv. I can't vote much DQ8, but I know enough to know Guv takes this pretty easily.

Heavy:
Lucas (Mother 3) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) - This is so not close in my mind that it's just painful.

It's somewhat depressing that I can vote on more first-round matches here than I can in the actual DL season.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 04:57:06 AM »
Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics): Faster, some Ragnaid thrown in there means she isn't killed in 2 Agrias turns at the least, and 3 grenades + 2 shots should kill. lol Monkey I went to a bit of a hassle to put that topic together so at least glance at it before being so dismissive of what I put together.

You based your damage average off of body shots. When bearing in mind that we don't consider kiting, etc. in the DL, I'm forced to assume that the arenas are compact enough that all the classes can cross it in a turn, and thus always be able to get close enough to unload their full clip into the target's head (except for lancers, who miss headshots even at point blank range).

So since my average would consider shocktroopers as always being able to go 20/20 on a target's head... yeah, the other classes are kind of SOL. I doubt Alicia's 2 actions would save her damage, since she won't be getting any extra mileage out of grenades.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:59:41 AM by Monkeyfinger »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 05:09:10 AM »
I can't say that one makes a lot of sense to me, for a few reasons.

1. Such a tactic is pretty much suicidal in-game, since getting that close to a target would mean taking multiple crossfire rounds.

2. It seems equivelent to taking all evade as back attacks in a game with differing evade for front, side and back or the like, where the DL usually strives for a more balanced look when this sort of interpretation comes up.

3. While this doubles Shocktrooper damage (more or less), they're still only a portion of the cast.  Snipers, even with doubled damage, still drag things down, and Engineers/Scouts still get more milage out of grenades, so Alicia's damage is less boned than you might think, and she can still mix up attacking and healing to stall out somewhat and still in theory pull off the win (although yes, she's definitely at a disadvantage and if she wins it's not by a wide margin).

4. Do Shocktroopers actually nail their full damage at point-blank to the head?  Not that it matters too much, even 18-19/20 is still a huge damage increase.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 05:25:53 AM »
With the exception of Rosie, Shocktroopers don't get all their hits in. Firing mechanics at 'point blank' are weird and aiming for the head can lead to more missed shots than you'd think.

Headshots are 3.5x attack power before defense. Average damage for the A-20 users (Scouts, Engineers) is 945 here, for Shocktroopers it is 2350, for Lancers it is still 438, for Snipers it is 548. Average is 1226.5. Actually headshots make Alicia a little better since she isn't relying on 1/phase grenades so she can put out more damage per phase off of 2 CP. Rosie becomes sick and wrong like this, and Lancers are all Lights. I disagree with this interp rather strongly, anyway. In addition to being numbers that mean jack freaking squat in-game. You don't care about damage with headshots because anything that is susceptible to a headshot is dead regardless of who attacks it. The difference between '900' and '2000' is utterly freaking meaningless as nothing in the entire game has the HP to survive that, including human bosses (speaking of which, the only human boss who matters is immune to headshots). Everyone may as well be average damage under this interp because the difference in numbers has no bearing on any part of the game at all. So you screw up the class balance EVEN MORE, are falser to in-game in pretty much every respect, and are taking numbers that literally mean nothing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:40:35 AM by Pyro »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »
In addition to being numbers that mean jack freaking squat in-game. You don't care about damage with headshots because anything that is susceptible to a headshot is dead regardless of who attacks it. The difference between '900' and '2000' is utterly freaking meaningless as nothing in the entire game has the HP to survive that, including human bosses (speaking of which, the only human boss who matters is immune to headshots). Everyone may as well be average damage under this interp because the difference in numbers has no bearing on any part of the game at all. So you screw up the class balance EVEN MORE, are falser to in-game in pretty much every respect, and are taking numbers that literally mean nothing.

Yeah, just like Zophar's 20x overkill Fate Storm means jack because it could've been 3-4x and still overkilled with change.  It doesn't matter whether or not everyone overkills everything, the damages are still different.  It's just how it is.

Yeah, don't really see any issue with assuming headshots.  Yeah, there are a lot of crouching enemies, but there are a lot of standing enemies too.  And hell, Alicia can grenade -> headshot every human if you give her two turns, since grenades make them stand up.  Not to mention every scout and shocktrooper can do this in-game.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 12:11:06 PM »
The only time that anything has enough HP to survive a headshot attack is the last boss who is immune to them. That alone strikes me as a damned fine reason to assume no headshots for comparing class damages. Trying for a 'literal translation' is stupid when a) you get a grossly distorted cast representation and b) it is horribly false to in-game. Lancers with Mortars as unable to hurt humans? THEY ARE PRACTICALLY THE BEST CLASS IN THE GAME FOR KILLING THEM.
Think less a comparison with Fate Storm and more a comparison with, say, SMRPG if everyone had a variant of Geno Whirl.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:13:09 PM by Pyro »

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »
Heavy

Middle

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV)

Light

* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »
Godlike

Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV): Kaiserbreath plus what he does to physicals.
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series): Yeah, think we've seen this?

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Weird fight, both stall each other pretty badly. Wodan would have serious issues dealing with Chaos Shield spam... but Ghaleon has even more dealing with regen? He can bust past it if he goes for full offence, which does trigger a counter. And he's 3-2'd always. So he can't actually make the headway he needs. Two full attacks would disable Wodan's regen, I think, but Ghaleon never gets them. So instead he tanks behind Chaos Shield and this battle takes a million years but Wodan wins... unless he could run out of ammo? Hmm, nope.
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile): I definitely disagree with Lenneth1 taking this - she gets 3-2'd, 3HKOed by Sand Eater and no way does she OHKO. (Though, hmm, slightly higher levels would avoid the 3-2.) That said, Piedras is the type of Godlike who is DESIGNED to be owned by VP2 Heal.

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III): SoS gives Roy hax Res, so Death is out. Regular attacks... ahahahaha no.

Middle

Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden): Carol's draining has no chance in hell of stopping that 2HKO. ITT people overrate said draining for the millionth time.

Light

Fails.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »
Godlike

Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X)

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III)

Middle

Oboro (Live a Live) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)

Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 07:40:08 PM »
Godlike

Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV): Kaiserbreath plus what he does to physicals.
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series): Yeah, think we've seen this?

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Weird fight, both stall each other pretty badly. Wodan would have serious issues dealing with Chaos Shield spam... but Ghaleon has even more dealing with regen? He can bust past it if he goes for full offence, which does trigger a counter. And he's 3-2'd always. So he can't actually make the headway he needs. Two full attacks would disable Wodan's regen, I think, but Ghaleon never gets them. So instead he tanks behind Chaos Shield and this battle takes a million years but Wodan wins... unless he could run out of ammo? Hmm, nope.
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile): I definitely disagree with Lenneth1 taking this - she gets 3-2'd, 3HKOed by Sand Eater and no way does she OHKO. (Though, hmm, slightly higher levels would avoid the 3-2.) That said, Piedras is the type of Godlike who is DESIGNED to be owned by VP2 Heal.

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III): SoS gives Roy hax Res, so Death is out. Regular attacks... ahahahaha no.

Middle

Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden): Carol's draining has no chance in hell of stopping that 2HKO. ITT people overrate said draining for the millionth time.

Light

Fails.

ITT?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2009, 07:42:04 PM »
In this thread/topic.

Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »
Oh, makes sense.  I thought you were talking about a hematologic disorder, which...oddly, would still make (weird) sense in context >_>

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 07:48:42 PM »
Do I want to know?

Probably not.

Maybe.