Register

Author Topic: Futurama: Anthology of Interest Round 1!  (Read 6389 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama: Anthology of Interest Round 1!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden): Carol's draining has no chance in hell of stopping that 2HKO. ITT people overrate said draining for the millionth time.

More like misremembering how good Ronnie Bell's damage is (I thought it was a low 2HKO which wouldn't be enough here).  Though, you're right, but you are leaving something out.

Slow Down.  Slow Down in WA5 subtracts 100 RFX, which is 27% of average enemy speed.  Against someone slow like Ronnie Bell, this hurts them much more than someone who is above average speed (by a 25%/SD view, she goes from 85% to 58%).  Carol with medium's stats doubles this with change.  Without the RFX boost, she's still 112% on a leypoint, so she still doubles most of the time anyway.

Mathing it out, she does still get 2HKOd, though it's actually fairly close due to getting two drains in.  And... even with Mystic berry, I don't think she can win, unless Mystic gems are better than I remember.  Will have to look that up later but changing my vote for now.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 10:29:24 PM »
Switching vote to Ronnie. NEB is right. Didn't realize she had that kind of damage. Not as good as her daughter but pretty damn good.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2009, 08:41:40 AM »
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Vitali fucking sucks. He's getting countered by Lucius every single time he tries to attack with his Estella-tastic physical, is slower and Lucius might even double with a Lightning tome (although I doubt it). The special attack gets mocked by Lucius' MDef to boot.

But... this is exactly the kind of fight where Vitali can actually -do- something?

Vitali has awesome RES, Lucius isn't OHKOing. And SN's rock-paper-scissors form of strengths and weaknesses has it so that Vitali does much more damage against mage-type enemies. (And if you see Lucius as more of a cleric-type, Vitali's still strong against those, too).

He spends the first 2 rounds -not- attacking, so therefore, he's -not- provoking counters. In fact, he's buffing or healing.

By the third turn, Vitali's buffed, dealing roughly-average damage against Lucius' weaker defensive stat, and able to simultaneously full-heal and further buff himself while attacking for 3 turns (cancelling out any counter-damage).

I personally think those three turns are enough to take out someone frail like Lucius, but your mileage may vary. After those three turns, he can still deal damage, and his buffs are still up, but he's out of healing and his buffs run out in 3 more turns... not to mention his stamina will be lowered at that point and his stats will start dropping, so if he doesn't kill in those 6 turns, he's definitely burned.

Still, this is definitely one of Vitali's better match-ups. He -does- suck, but he's at least got a shot here.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2009, 08:52:57 AM »
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Vitali fucking sucks. He's getting countered by Lucius every single time he tries to attack with his Estella-tastic physical, is slower and Lucius might even double with a Lightning tome (although I doubt it). The special attack gets mocked by Lucius' MDef to boot.

But... this is exactly the kind of fight where Vitali can actually -do- something?

Vitali has awesome RES, Lucius isn't OHKOing.

Why does Lucius need to OHKO - or anything close to it? He deals far more damage than Vitali does, counters and doesn't get countered except maybe outside the specials that utterly fail against Lucius' RES (assuming they're MT here). Vitali's RES is held back a fair deal by the crappy HP (far more than Lucius' RES is). The class system in SN... eh, do as you will there, I prefer to think it's way too class-specific to translate into the DL, but then, I'd see Lucius being the same class as Vitali, cancelling the advantages out (he definitely is a cleric type to me). His healing/buffing is also OPB and limited, and it doesn't mitigate all the other issues. Vitali's physical is so awful that he may not even 4HKO Lucius (and the magic is just hopeless, Lucius is probably something like near 3x PC HP for mdur), and keep in mind that Lucius counters. Vitali doesn't get that luxury. This becomes ugly if Lucius manages to double to boot, since Vitali is sluggish and Lucius is a tad above average AS. Also, don't forget Lucius gets the first shot, so Vitali starts the fight in a disadvantage.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:55:56 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 02:37:37 PM »
Lucius needs to OHKO because Vitali's healing is full or 80% at worst?

Vitali doesn't have any attack magic, so I'm not sure why Lucius' MDEF matters.

Vitali's free Healing and Buffing are OPB, but he gets his Special by turn 3, which allows him to Attack, FullHeal, AND Buff (stackable) all in the same turn. This is Vitali's only game, and it's geared against someone like Lucius.

If you see Lucius as doubling, then yeah, he probably wins. But Vitali's RES is ~1.8x average, and he's buffing it every turn by 30% more and healing on top of that. I think if Lucius doesn't double then Vitali can squeeze enough turns out to kill with his physical. Of course, I also think he's doing 155% his normal damage due to the vs.Mage matchup.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 06:29:22 PM »
Lucius needs to OHKO because Vitali's healing is full or 80% at worst?

His healing is also OPB. If Vitali goes for his infinite healing, he autoloses because now he can't deal any damage ever and Lucius (and everybody in the universe) wins by virtue of dealing more damage long-term. This is also ignoring that Lucius could crit. And I am not buying swap rows mid-battle in the DL hype when you can't do it in-game even between turns. Also, being 1.8x average numerical RES doesn't mean anything by itself (although SN RES is effective, I just don't know -how much-, just that it's not as effective as overkill FE RES - and matchups make the figure harder to figure out).

Vitali doesn't have any attack magic, so I'm not sure why Lucius' MDEF matters.

... right, his special doesn't even deal damage. This is even less close than I thought.

Also, do keep in mind that the buffs run out in three turns, become less effective at every passing turn. -don't even improve Vitali's offensive stats, which he'd sorely need-, Vitali is inaccurate and Lucius has some (if not much) evade (and Vitali has poor evade himself while Lucius is very accurate, so Vitali can't hope for hax here). Then, you have the distant, but possible threat of crits. Don't think this is helping with the stalling game that can only begin at turn 4 while Lucius gets a bunch of free shots.

Also, I still find that Lucius being taken as a mage for matchup purposes to be unrepresentative, but that's just me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:31:55 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs)- Magic Parasol
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- no call team
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series)

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Why is Phoebe heavy again?
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)

Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III)

Middle

Cornet Espoire (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Roan (Grandia II)

Light

Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Kelvena (Xenogears)
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)- lol Gordons techs with a gun equiped
Millie Chliette (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sten (Breath of Fire II)

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross)- Clive slaughters. LOL

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »
Looking at the numbers, I think Djinn's right here on Vitali.

Relevant stats:

Vitali- 76.8% HP, 170% Res, 87.9% Act (relevant in that I doubt Lucius would double under any interp (he's .5 above average) and the match would have to be fairly long for a natural double-turn)  90 damage vs 166 average.

Lucius- 84.4% HP, 48.3% Def, 20 damage vs 23.7 average.

of note, Lucius fails to 2HKO even if Vitali had average Res (which he doesn't) while Vitali would 4HKO even if Lucius didn't fail at defense and increase his damage.
Lucius does have 52 evade (I forget what this translates to in concrete terms) and Vitali's accuracy is poor (248/295.6) so feels reasonable to say he misses one of those four hits (supposing he doesn't upgrade to a 3HKO).  also, for the non-CK voting department, I forget if range 1 attackers can hit back against ranged attackers on a counter in SN... I think that they could?  But even if not... well, Vitali's Res should be pretty badass under his buffing, along the lines of halving Lucius' damage?  So... yeah.

(Voting later, but yeah, felt this was worth commenting on.)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 08:25:51 PM »
Mmm, right. Although I take SN averages higher anyway (think it's reasonable to take a three-turn average here), which still doesn't do Vitali any good. As a side-note, did Djinn put Revya damage figures with the boosts?

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 08:31:12 PM »
I'm not sure.  I know he listed Revya's boosted stats and damage though, so working that one out should be simple enough.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »
That's enough, yeah. Thanks.

Taishyr

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 09:53:52 PM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs) - Think most his stuff just gets Parasol'd, yeah.
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - Mmm, sure.

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Yeaaaaaah.
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Note that I don't particularly respect the HP. Chris makes this really close but it's not close enough. (Also, was I the only one that never saw Agneystra above 50% HP or so?)
Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X) - Durable and ignores Seymour's tricks fairly easily.

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Even though I'm beginning to really rethink my allowance of timed hits in any form, he still takes this right now and has a good argument even outside this.

Lucas (Mother 3) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) - Mmm. Pass for now, I can vote but it really depends on what I allow Squall here. GFs/Junctions or Junctions only, Shiva -might- 2HKO but that's not good enough... Allowing unique abilities, though, Squall just Dooms and moves on.

It occurs to me that I might just need to play through FF8 again so I can get my own interp out there. (Probably take Squall to a half-and-half average with Shiva/Quetzalcoatl; on the one hand, he's got no advantage you wouldn't see in game, and thus making him a damage god here is frankly silly; however, since I do actually give him claim to those GFs whereas no one else really has a good option, I feel that should be reflected, so I'd probably hold him to the average of the unjunctioned and junctioned averages, if that makes sense. Probably not. I'm rambling.)

Middle

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV)

Light

Troubadour (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Black Wizard (Final Fantasy) - Troubadour can't kill fast enough, is my gut check? Need to relook through her stuff.

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Itemcast Healmore+Blade Armor fuck you not thinking about this match any further
Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Has superior defense at the time she leaves. Good enough.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:00:52 PM by Taitoro »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 10:20:17 PM »
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - Note that I don't particularly respect the HP. Chris makes this really close but it's not close enough. (Also, was I the only one that never saw Agneystra above 50% HP or so?)

Maybe not, but I've seen him use it in his first round before and plenty of Youtube vids exist showing him casting it early in the battle.

Taishyr

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 02:47:27 AM »
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting he can use it then. I just kinda got surprised that he could, considering all he used on me was God's Judgment.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 04:40:43 AM »
Mmm, right. Although I take SN averages higher anyway (think it's reasonable to take a three-turn average here), which still doesn't do Vitali any good. As a side-note, did Djinn put Revya damage figures with the boosts?

That'd be what I'm calling 'Fusion Revya' in the damage averages.

His healing is also OPB. If Vitali goes for his infinite healing, he autoloses because now he can't deal any damage ever and Lucius (and everybody in the universe) wins by virtue of dealing more damage long-term. This is also ignoring that Lucius could crit. And I am not buying swap rows mid-battle in the DL hype when you can't do it in-game even between turns. 
I wasn't hyping row-switching, for the record. I was referring to his OPB healing being 80% and his Limit/Special healing being full.

Also, I still find that Lucius being taken as a mage for matchup purposes to be unrepresentative, but that's just me.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with you here. But my kneejerk here was that anything that has offensive INT techs in SN (including things like the Hydrones)  is classed as a Mage, while Clerics, Gypsies, and the like are filed under 'Special' in the Rock-Paper-Scissors matchups. And Lucius is pretty much just spamming INT spells, therefore Mage, even if a Light-elemental one.

Still, considering that FE7 has both a Mage class -and- a Cleric-like class, I'm leaning more towards Lucius-as-Cleric.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:10:00 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 06:50:22 AM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs) - Damage god interp.
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Second chance lets him  tank Call Teams + heals forever!
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV) - IRE hype?
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - Myria anti-hype?

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Can't vote ever.
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) - When I get back to America, I am playing the hell out of this game. Until then, I must wait.
Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X) - Seymour respect is -really- low. Also, Nyarlie gets around Seymour's elemental nonsense pretty easily.
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile) - She just outpaces him.

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Kneejerk
Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics) - works for me based on the stat topic!
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) - can't vote.
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana) - can't vote.

Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Crono (Chrono Trigger) - Think she's fast enough to pull this off.
Lucas (Mother 3) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) - Even taking him against a generically boosted average, I think the fact that I allow Squall Quetz/Shiva here wins it.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - Broken Plume Skills hype!
Roy (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) vs Rei (Breath of Fire III) - I have high Rei respect, so this is close, but Roy's Sword of Broken is Super-Broken.

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI) - Estelle's ID isn't as fast the rest of the cast, but still enough for nonShadow/Relm FF6 chars! Unless... MegaFlare hype?
Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia) vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII) - I don't think you're going to find better damage manipulation outside of an AT Reyvateil. If Misha finishes a 'turn' with her defense buff, she lives long enough to get the second turn she needs to wipe out Tifa.
Oboro (Live a Live) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Kneejerk.
Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series) - I don't think she's getting 2HKO'd, so she should be able to fullheal out of any of chaos' dangerous stuff. Seems like a longish match.

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV) - I can't even remember what system 7S is for.
Cornet Espoire (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Roan (Grandia II) - She definitely has the damage edge?
Sapphire Rhodonite (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX) - Depressingly, I can't vote on Dis3...
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden) - Seems close. Leaning this way for now.

Light

Troubadour (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Black Wizard (Final Fantasy) - ID! >.>;;
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Kelvena (Xenogears) - No Tierkreis yet.
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) - Kneejerk. Could change.
Millie Chliette (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sten (Breath of Fire II) - But I'm pretty sure on this one!

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - I think the counters tip this.
Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Can take a hit, and on turn 2, she lets loose an ITD/ITE Fusion which handles Roger.
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Vitali's kind of fight.
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross) - He doesn't have anything to get around the healing I think.

Bah, seven whole matches I couldn't vote on even using stat topics to fill in gaps for games I've only played partially and not beaten...

-Djinn

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs)- No vote.
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Of available things to hype here, I'll take Sonic Blade stun vs Monsters.
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)- Clearly we should roll for a turn-1 Ire and make it a fair fight.

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)- eh, she blunts his biggest trick, I figure.
Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X)
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile)

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- No vote.
Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Yeah, no vote.
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)- No vote.
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana)- Hmmm. Oh, wait, SoM.  couldn't vote even if I was okay with SONIC PLOT voting.

Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Crono (Chrono Trigger)- Mutter
Lucas (Mother 3) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)- I blame Nitori.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- Hmph.  He... really has control of this match from the outset.  Wyl can drag it out but not win, I think (he wishes one of those other non-Death statuses was match-ending)

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)- No vote.
Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia) vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)- ... nah, no vote.
Oboro (Live a Live) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- No vote.
Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series)- Alas, allowing XS3 forms.

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV)- No vote.
Cornet Espoire (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Roan (Grandia II)- Wheee non-Kaizo Cornet.
Sapphire Rhodonite (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX)
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden)

Light

Troubadour (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Black Wizard (Final Fantasy)- No vote.
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Kelvena (Xenogears)- No vote.
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- No vote.
Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- I can barely read the SO3 topic, but it looks like Roger is currently significantly sub-par in the damage department, and Shiki's defense is respectable.
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- See previous comments.  This is close with Lucius countering and Vitali not.  Sans counters uh yeah.
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross)- Peppor's damage is fine.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2009, 09:38:56 PM »
Switching vote to Alicia.

Vitali, too. Lucius's damage is worse than I thought.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:53:02 PM by Monkeyfinger »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2009, 10:45:42 PM »
Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- I can barely read the SO3 topic, but it looks like Roger is currently significantly sub-par in the damage department, and Shiki's defense is respectable.

I took out the Latin, I thought - is there something there that I left in by accident?  Maybe it got scrambled at some point.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 03:30:05 AM »
Nah, just Forum Hate Firefox + averages everywhere.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 05:23:02 AM »
Soldier (Dragon Warrior III) vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 05:27:55 AM »
Godlike

Mr. S (Final Fantasy Legends 2) vs Cecilia (Wild ARMs)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Guv (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Dheginsea (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire IV)

Wodan Ymir (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Ameno Sagiri (Persona 4) vs Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Seymour (Final Fantasy X)
Peidras Blancas (Wild ARMs XF) vs Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile)

Heavy

Phoebe (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest) vs Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) vs Agrias Oaks (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Faval (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) vs Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) vs Popoi (Secret of Mana)

Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Lucas (Mother 3) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)

Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Setzer Gabianni (Final Fantasy VI)
Misha Arsellec Lune (Ar tonelico: Melodies of Elemia) vs Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)
Oboro (Live a Live) vs Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Alouette (La Pucelle: Tactics) vs chaos (Xenosaga Series)

Esuna (7th Saga) vs Yang (Final Fantasy IV)
Cornet Espoire (Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure) vs Roan (Grandia II)
Sapphire Rhodonite (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX)
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Ronnie Bell (Suikoden)

Light

Troubadour (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Black Wizard (Final Fantasy)
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) vs Kelvena (Xenogears)
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Gordon (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)

Soldier (Dragon Warrior III)
vs Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
Shiki Misaki (The World Ends With You) vs Roger S. Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Clive (Radiata Stories) vs Peppor (Chrono Cross)
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist