Register

Author Topic: Rate Characters based on in game use: The Continuation!  (Read 18633 times)

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
Re: Rate Characters based on in game use: The Continuation!
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2008, 08:27:52 AM »
Alhazred: 2/10
Ax: 1/10
Belcoot: 6/10
Bergen: Did not use/10
Bernadette: 9/10
Byakuren: 1/10
Cathari: 8/10
Cius: 3/10
Cornelio: 1/10
Dinn: 4/10
Eresh: Did not use/10
Ernst: 6/10
Faylen: 5/10
Faylon: 3/10
Flail: 1/10
Freyjadour (aka Prince): 10/10
Galleon: 6/10
Gavaya: 4/10
Genoh: 1/10
Georg: 9/10
Goesch: 7/10
Gunde: Did not use/10
Hazuki: 8/10
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2008, 06:44:31 AM »
People I didn't use and didn't inspect closely enough to know why I didn't use them get N/As.
Suikoden 5:
Alhazred: N/A
Ax: N/A
Belcoot: 8/10 - Great.  Tank, some nice combos, decent damage.
Bergen: N/A
Bernadette: 8/10 - One of the better mages in the game.  Outclassed by Viki, Zerase, and arguably Jeane, but still decent.
Byakuren: 3/10.  Two-slot monsters are good if you're rushing like crazy and have no money for armor / weapons I guess?  Which generally wasn't the case, but it's better than useless.
Cathari: 7/10 - Speedy one shot, sure, but magic is awful, swordsmen tend to be better at clearing out masses of random enemies, and it's not like randoms are a big problem anyway.
Cius: 2/10 - Whatever.  Combo with Lelei sucked, I recall.
Cornelio: 3/10 - Warm body at a time when you don't have 6.  Also required by law MEDIOCRITY.
Dinn: 7/10 - Quite solid.  Decent damage, okay at taking damage, a useful combo with Belcoot which I used a fair amount.  He was in my party for the dang soldier hordes at Dorat, I recall, and worked well there and a few other places.
Eresh: 0/10 - No Euram = die in a fire.  Why couldn't she replace whichever one of, say, four obscure SoDs which have no plot relevance?
Ernst: N/A
Faylen: 4/10 Sucked somewhat less.
Faylon: 2/10 - Sucked.
Flail: N/A
Freyjadour (aka Prince): 8/10 - Sure, he doesn't get broken until late, but he's basically fine.  I never twinked the right hand runes as much as others did apparently, so no complaints from me on that angle.  Until then, spam the various bodyguard combos with Lyon / Miakis.
Galleon: 4/10 - Tank.
Gavaya: N/A
Genoh: 3/10 - See Byakuren.
Georg: 9/10 - Can't use him all the time is the only problem.  Killer damage, good tank.
Goesch: N/A
Gunde: N/A
Hazuki: 8/10.  I don't get the Hazuki antihype from some of the earlier posters.  I couldn't stand using Richard due to his...  personality...  and Hazuki is basically an alternate Richard.  Sure, she's a lot more fragile than Belcoot, but she quickly and rapidly kills everyone such that it doesn't generally matter.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2008, 07:03:47 AM »
Belcoot: 8. Solid, great fit for a front line fighter.
Bernadette: 6. Decent, but coming late means that most of her better options have already come in (And had their skills built up too).
Cius: 2. Eh.
Cornelio: 4. Sure, some early usage.
Freyjadour (aka Prince): 6.5. Wow...up to 10s on him. He's better at first, but nearing the endgame he's an average mage and an average fighter...who can't equip the best mage rune or the best fighter rune. And in trade, he gets...a Rune that is extremely bad minus an L4.
Georg: 8. Yeah, limited use hurts him badly.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
Hazuki is indeed similar to Richard, in that she's frail and only has one rune slot in a game where most fighters get two.

Oh wait, you meant the comparison as a good thing? Well, Richard has two real uses that I can see to make him stand out from other fighters. One is the Swallow Rune, which gives him one turn of pretending he has Georg-level damage (if you aren't using a formation skill). The other is joining ten levels above par. He also joins earlier, back when being a one-slot fighter isn't as rare.

Basically, without those perks, Richard wouldn't deserve a good score, and hence, neither does Hazuki.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2008, 06:04:34 AM »
Richard also has great ATK growth, a good weapon curve, and unlike Georg, he won't take 800 damage from Flaming Arrows.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2008, 06:34:11 AM »
There are 18 other PCs with as good or better ATK growth than Richard, and a good number of them have more than one free rune slot, and thus aren't shown up on the curve of attack damage by the likes of Norma and Isato.

He really needs the Swallow Rune and the level edge. The fact that you hype Richard and not Hazuki, who is damn near a clone of him aside from those things (she has a bit more HP, he has a bit more Tech) is solid evidence of this.

That said, I am editting Hazuki up to 5/10, since I just noticed she in fact has that better HP, which means she isn't as frail as I thought.

Maybe.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2008, 11:25:11 AM »
Hazuki anti hype? Naw, it's just that if I gave an average fighter a score as high as eight then I'd have to give characters like Miakis and Norma a score above ten! As it is I'm not even giving them ten because nobody's perfect. Closest thing to it is Zerase I suppose.
I actually like Hazuki character wise so I'd not scoring her low out of spite or anything.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2008, 05:06:24 PM »
Suikoden 5 (A to H!):
Alhazred: 2/10 - Useless, but his recruitment stuff was cool. Also, unique-ish rune.
Ax: 1/10 - Used them to see their unite attack once... fail.
Belcoot: 7/10 - Good, but I didn't use him much due to the abundance of swordsmen in the game.
Bergen: 1/10 - Outclassed by everyone from the moment he joins. No good sidequests, runes, or equipment really.
Bernadette: 9/10 - Great! Back-row mage with lots of MP, durability, and not entirely fail physical damage. Outclassed by Zerase, but I used both of them.
Byakuren: 2/10 - Extra point for being cool, if a bit pointless after Genoh.
Cathari: 6/10 - Excellent for long-range damage, great speed... but she died ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME! Joins too late.
Cius: 1.5/10 - Forced and fail.
Cornelio: 4/10 - Gets all kinds of points for early use and filling up my party with Elves when I didn't have any other stars.
Dinn: 6/10 - Great with Belcoot, though outclassed by Belcoot. Another example of my disdain for all the swordsmen, though.
Eresh: 7/10 - Ended up using her quite a bit since I got her really early. Liked Euram, but not enough to throw away a good mage.
Ernst: 10/10 - Broken Ernst is broken. Since I didn't care so much about challenge in S5, I used all the broken characters, and Ernst is HAX.
Faylen: 8/10 - Great long range character, replaced with mages when I got good ones though. Still used her when I wanted physical smash in the back row. Unite attacks with her were kind of cool.
Faylon: 1/10 - Point for being in a unite attack with his sister?
Flail: 1/10 - Horrible, and I -tried- to like them since I thought they were cute.
Freyjadour (aka Prince): 10/10 - Not broken, but pretty damn good overall and I generally focused on twinking the prince so he could be as useful as all the broken characters.
Galleon: 6/10 - Great endgame tank, used him a bunch for the Queen's Knights combo whenever I had Georg in the party.
Gavaya: 7/10 - Surprisingly useful. I only intended to try him out once while I was trying out a lot of the stars, but he ended up staying in my party for a good portion of the midgame.
Genoh: 7/10 - Two slots hurts him, but Genoh/Viki combo was a great way to power through the long recruiting stages of the game.
Georg: 9/10 - Broken, loses a point for availability.
Goesch: N/A I'm surprised, I thought I remembered everyone in S5. I have no idea who this is anymore.
Gunde: 1/10 - Dwarves fail, sadly. I actually really liked the fact that the dwarves had screentime in this suikoden though.
Hazuki: 6/10 - Another swordsman I didn't care about, but had Belcoot plot (and Unite!), so was pretty cool.

Does not ranking non-stars mean we won't be seeing Sialeeds?

As for the Hazuki/Richard debate, I was curious, does the Swallow rune allow him to parry/counter everything? Because that's why I always abused Richard in the front row - the kid was never -not- killing over half the enemy party. And Hazuki certainly didn't seem to do that. I don't think I ever saw her counter anything? Richard didn't have the strongest hit in the game, but his joining level and ridiculous parrying pretty much won every fight I got into with him. Probably my MVP for swordsmen. His one-shot rune damage was just icing.

-Djinn

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2008, 11:43:08 AM »
There are 18 other PCs with as good or better ATK growth than Richard, and a good number of them have more than one free rune slot, and thus aren't shown up on the curve of attack damage by the likes of Norma and Isato.

He really needs the Swallow Rune and the level edge. The fact that you hype Richard and not Hazuki, who is damn near a clone of him aside from those things (she has a bit more HP, he has a bit more Tech) is solid evidence of this.

That said, I am editting Hazuki up to 5/10, since I just noticed she in fact has that better HP, which means she isn't as frail as I thought.

I don't see where Hazuki comes in to all of this. In my experience, she gets multi-hits less, is really the only thing, but that's not the point: I was pointing out that Richard does not set records for taking massive damage from shit spells like Georg does.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »
Suikoden 5 (A to H!):
Ax: 1/10. In general, Suikomonsters not Shiro suck (to varying degrees!) S5 Monsters are no exception.
Belcoot: 6/10. Solid overall.
Bernadette: 6/10. Decent Healer from what I remember.
Cathari: 7/10.  Sounds like she's a worse Miakis...which is by no means an insult!
Cius: 4/10. Mediocre.
Cornelio: 3/10. OH LOOK AN EARLY GAME FIRE MAGE!!!! ...this is some of the most ridiculous hype cause Fire Magic's worth is its high level spells (you know, the moves that do big damage, some of which hits actual groups), after you get Magic Absorb and actual noteworthy amount of spell charges? He's vaguely worthless early game for that reason.  Granted, he's not completely horrible.
Dinn: 5/10. Alright, I guess.
Eresh: 5/10. Decent Mage...but the locked Runes makes her worse than the likes of Jeanne, Levi or Zerase.
Flail: 1/10. See Ax.
Freyjadour (aka Prince): 6/10. Solid, but worth is hit hard by having a locked Rune on his Right Arm, a not very good Rune at that.
Galleon: 5/10. The Worst Queen's Knight! Still halfway decent.
Genoh: 2/10. Tank! Lacks anything resembling offense, so you're better using someone less extreme.
Georg: 8/10. Awesome.  Though lack of use (particularly the final battle, and even if you could, he'd be bad there) hurts him some
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2008, 02:06:47 AM »
Suikoden 5 (A to H!):
Alhazred: 2.00
Ax: 0.67
Belcoot: 7.46
Bergen: 1.71
Bernadette: 7.12
Byakuren: 1.67
Cathari: 7.88
Cius: 2.31
Cornelio: 3.17
Dinn: 4.55
Eresh: 5.83
Ernst: 7.63
Faylen: 5.10
Faylon: 2.20
Flail: 0.67
Freyjadour (aka Prince): 8.15
Galleon: 4.83
Gavaya: 4.40
Genoh: 2.27
Georg: 8.12
Goesch: 4.83
Gunde: 2.25
Hazuki: 6.15

Best Rating of this session: Freyjadour (aka Prince) w/ 8.15
Worst Rating of this session: Tie between Ax and Flail at 0.67

NOTE: For people who gave Eresh a 0/10 for the reason of "No Euram" were treated as abstains.  This is not about "who do you like more!" and such. 

Top 25 Ratings:
1. Ryu (BoF3) 9.92
2. Sage (FF3j) 9.75
3. Yuri Hyuga (SHC) 9.70
4. Yuri Hyuga (SH1) 9.69
5. Citan Uzuki 9.53
6. Zemeckis 9.50
7. Reid Herschel 9.44
8. Seraph 9.38
9. Maya Amano 9.30
10. Cai 9.29
11. Yuna (FFX) 9.27
12. New Almekia's Salamander 9.10
13. Cress Albane 9.00
14t. Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde 8.97
14t. Cidolfas "TG Cid" Orlandu 8.97
16. Lenneth Valkyrie 8.94
17. Deis (BoF2) 8.93
18t. Rolf Landale 8.92
18t. Sora (KH1) 8.92
20. Knight (FF1) 8.89
22t. Rena Lanford 8.82
22t. Ryu (BoF1) 8.82
24. Sharon 8.81
25t. Rika 8.80
25t. Timelord 8.80

Bottom 25 Ratings:
1. Jogurt 0.00
2. Mime (FFT) 0.54
3. Adam 0.61
4. Langueborg 0.63
5t. Ax 0.67
5t. Flail 0.67
7. Onix 0.85
8. Red Turnip 0.88
9. Trees (FFT) 0.91
10. Sansuke 0.94
11t. Sergei 1.00
11t. Alsace 1.00
11t. Bilcock 1.00
14. Koroku 1.04
15. Goblins (FFT) 1.09
16. Mogu 1.12
17. Slime 1.13
18t. Tuta 1.17
18t. Bard (FF3j) 1.17
20t. Lickitung 1.20
20t. Brusom 1.20
22. Kenji 1.22
23. Skeletons (FFT) 1.23
24t. Karla 1.25
24t. Galonwand 1.25

Moving on with Suikoden 5...cause I hate myself...

Suikoden 5 (I to N):
Isabel:
Isato:
Jeane:
Jospehine:
Killey:
Kisara:
Kyle:
Lance:
LeLei:
Levi:
Logg:
Lorelai:
Lu:
Lun:
Lyon:
Maroon:
Mathias:
Meroon:
Miakis:
Miroon:
Moroon:
Muroon:
Nakula:
Nelis:
Nick:
Nifsara:
Nikea:
Norma:

Also, Suiko 5 needs to diversify its naming standards; too many Gs, Ls, Ms, and Ns <_<

...and yes, I am skipping DoReMi elves for now.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2008, 02:14:53 AM »
Isabel: 7/10 Solid.
Isato: 3/10 Is there.
Jeane: 5/10 Average Mage.
Jospehine: 2/10 Mage with a melee Rune permanently is a no.
Killey: 9/10 Is Killey.
Kisara: 3/10
Kyle: 8/10 Slots are slightly offset by the crummy stats, still awesome though.
Lance: 0/10 Dragonhorse.
LeLei: 3/10 Analyze hype!
Levi: 7/10 Mage with good runes, Old man gets an extra point.
Logg: 4/10 Anchor.
Lorelai: 8/10 Real good.
Lu: 7/10 Multi-hit range.  Pity about that HP.
Lun: 5/10 Best in her family.
Lyon: 10/10 Only beneath Prince.
Maroon: 2/10 Beavers fail.
Mathias: 8/10 Also solid.
Meroon: 2/10 Beavers fail.
Miakis: 9/10 Never turned out as good as Prince and Lyon.
Miroon: 2/10 Beavers fail.
Moroon: 6/10 Only non-fail Beaver.
Muroon: 2/10 Isn't Moroon.
Nakula: 3/10 Pretty bad.
Nelis: 7/10 Mage with range.
Nick: 5/10 Three Rune slots!
Nifsara: 3/10
Nikea: 5/10
Norma: 6/10 Surprisingly good.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2008, 03:25:07 AM »
Suikoden 5 (I to N):
Isabel: 6/10. Didn't use her much, but she felt solid enough.
Isato: 3/10. Didn't really feel like he did anything well.
Jeane: 7/10. Splattered things with magic. Yay. Bosses having the Mdef they do and I think she's lacking twink potential due to the locked rune keep her back a touch.
Jospehine: 2/10. Mage stats with a fighter rune. -_-
Killey: Abstain/10. I've heard he's supposedly really good, but I didn't use him much so I don't want to artificially lower his rating.
Kisara: 5/10. Good for a kinda early mage. Falls off in use when you get better people.
Kyle: 8/10. Was a staple of my team. Never felt like he was lagging at anything, really.
Lance: DNU/10
LeLei: 3/10. Felt better then Cius, and had analyze? Whatever, lesbien hype goes here.
Levi: 7/10. Same as Jeane feels right? I didn't use him because I had her, so this is gut.
Logg: 4/10. Good with Lun early.
Lorelai: 8/10. I did use her some. Same as Kyle feels right.
Lu: DNU/10.
Lun: 4/10. Same as Logg.
Lyon: 9/10. Always good. The good rune coming so late keeps her from 10.
Maroon: Beaver/10
Mathias: 7/10. Felt better then Isabel.
Meroon: Beaver/10
Miakis: 10/10. Is Miakis.
Miroon: Beaver/10
Moroon: Beaver/10
Muroon: Beaver/10
Nakula: DNU/10
Nelis: 6/10.
Nick: DNU/10
Nifsara: 4/10.
Nikea: 5/10. Felt worse then the other unique attack rune fighters, for the most part.
Norma: DNU/10.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2008, 03:58:14 AM »
Diving through stat/equip notes is fun. I don't know how I'd do this without...

Isabel: 7.5/10. Tanky and extremely damaging.
Isato: 6/10. Solid, good speed and magic.
Jeane: 6/10. Competent mage.
Jospehine: 3/10. Awesome rune, there. Okay mage otherwise.
Killey: 8.5/10. Sadly kinda rules. Very fast, good physicals and magic.
Kisara: 4/10. Meh.
Kyle: 7.5/10. Overall solid. Fudo, he doesn't have bad stats; they're identical to the Prince's.
Lance: 1/10. Dwaggiehorsie.
LeLei: 4/10. Tank with magic.
Levi: 6/10. Jeane.
Logg: 4/10. Acceptable filler.
Lorelai: 7.5/10. Yeah, very solid at most things.
Lu: 3/10. One rune slot fighter with game-worst durability.
Lun: 5.5/10. Decent mage in a pinch, but there's better.
Lyon: 8.5/10. Lags a little when other people start getting two slots and she doesn't, but otherwise, fast and powerful and a good unite. Better than the Tenkai which is just weird.
Maroon: 3/10. Um, he's fast?
Mathias: 7/10. Isabel with more magic and less damage. Doesn't really have enough magic for this to be a winning trade. Three rune slots makes it close, though.
Meroon: 5/10. Speedy mage, apparently. Frail though.
Miakis: 9/10. Better than everyone else (except Zerase). Three rune slots at base level = yeaah. Gap closes a bit at endgame but she wins even then. Great mage too if you prefer that.
Miroon: 5/10. Meroon with even more magic, though trades in a rune slot. Actually worth a serious look at some point. Note if I ever replay the game.
Moroon: 6/10. Fast and hits hard. I really was underrating beavers, it's just Maroon who sucks!
Muroon: 6/10. More or less the best aspects of the two female beavers.
Nakula: 5/10. Owned by beavers. Not bad though. <_<
Nelis: 8.5/10. Killey without physicals but even better at the speedy, magical doom.
Nick: 4/10. Not really worth raising, though amusing for how good he does get.
Nifsara: 6/10. Seems like a decent, fast slugger.
Nikea: 5/10. Slow and untwinkable but eh, 3x damage saves her for filler.
Norma: 7/10. Overall solid.

Maybe.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2008, 01:26:32 PM »
Isabel: 8/10
Isato: 5/10
Jeane: 4/10
Jospehine: Never used/10
Killey: 8.5/10
Kisara: 3/10
Kyle: 8/10
Lance: 1/10
LeLei: 3/10
Levi: 6.5/10
Logg: 6/10
Lorelai: 7/10
Lu: 6.5/10
Lun: 5.5/10
Lyon: 10/10
Maroon: Abstain/10
Mathias: 8/10
Meroon: Abstain/10
Miakis: 7/10
Miroon: Abstain/10
Moroon: Abstain/10
Muroon: Abstain/10
Nakula: 8.5/10
Nelis: 6.5/10
Nick: Who?/10
Nifsara: 4/10
Nikea: 7/10
Norma: 5/10
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:41:05 AM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »
Isabel 7.5/10 - Damages, tanks and looks good whilst doing it ;p
Jeane 7/10 Solid. Not Viki or Zerase though.
Jospehine: 4.5 from what I've seen of her.
Killey: 9/10 Hax
Kyle: 8.0 W/o having tried out twinked sword magic stuff yet.
Levi: 7/10 Jeane! Extra rune slot though.
Lorelai: 6.5/10 Solid from what I've seen of her. Haven't twinked her out extensively though. (Edit raising score because I remembered Treasure Hunter! >_>)
Lyon: 8.5 Lack of three free rune slots hurts but otherwise great.
Mathias: 7.5/10 - Double Edge + Power/Fury + Boost!
Miakis: 9.5/10 What's to say really.
Norma: 9/10 Chibi Miakis, less multi hits but more criticals. Also versatile can either go Boost/Power/Double Edge or Magic/Magic Absorb/Offensive Spell. Bonus -Potch Finder + combo with Ernst. Just comes with lots of perks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:57:09 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »
Suikoden 5 (I to N):
Isabel: don't remember/10
Isato: did not use/10
Jeane: 8/10 - NUKE!
Jospehine: don't remember/10
Killey: did not use/10
Kisara: don't remember/10
Kyle: 7/10 - Pretty solid.
Lance: dwaggie horsie/10
LeLei: don't remember/10
Levi: did not use/10
Logg: 4/10 - meh
Lorelai: 7/10 - Decent enough.
Lu: don't remember/10
Lun: don't remember/10
Lyon: 8.5/10 - Pretty good all around.
Maroon: beaver/10
Mathias: don't remember/10
Meroon: beaver/10
Miakis: 9.5/10 - More like unfair/10.
Miroon: beaver/10
Moroon: beaver/10
Muroon: beaver/10
Nakula: who?/10
Nelis: 7.5/10 - Solid.
Nick: who?/10
Nifsara: who?/10
Nikea: don't remember/10
Norma: who?/10

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »
Suikoden 5 (I to N):
Isabel: 7/10 solid
Isato:
Jeane: 8/10 One of the best mages.
Jospehine: 1/10 Worthless. Not even useful as a warmbody because even the fricking elves are better then her when you can first get her.
Killey: 7/10 Never felt as good as the higher tier mages but still very decent.
Kisara: 4/10 Average.
Kyle: 9/10 Felt like one of the best in game to me.
Lance: 1/10 Dragonhorse.
LeLei: 3/10 Crappy combos and uniform spoilt her to me (alright stats from what I remember though). Why is she wearing a Godwin uniform while in your army? Change into something Orange damnit.
Levi: 9/10 Out of all the high tier mages he was the one I used because the rest felt cheap so he gets a +1 for that. Also laser beam physical.
Logg: 4/10 Warmbody or something.
Lorelai: 5/10 Seemed lackluster to me but I've heard she can be good.
Lu: 7/10 Crappy hp but I remember her being the best long range fighter till very late in the game.
Lun: 6/10 Better then her parents at least.
Lyon: 9/10 trusty choice in everything
Maroon: 3/10
Mathias: 6/10 Not the best choice for what he is good at.
Meroon: 3/10
Miakis: 9/10 Gotten a bit late but great right of the start line.
Miroon: 3/10
Moroon: 5/10 Changes music is a +2.
Muroon: 3/10
Nakula: 6/10 The rune saves him.
Nelis: 8/10 Solid
Nick: 8/10 I used him the moment I got him for some reason and he become better then I thought he would be.
Nifsara: 3/10 Used a couple of times and found her below par.
Nikea: 7/10 Loses a point because of making me choose so much and her always losing out.
Norma: 6/10 Better then what I thought she was.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:57:42 AM by Rozalia »

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »
Isabel: 7/10
Isato: 3/10
Jeane: 7/10
Jospehine: 3/1- Mage with attack rune? >_>
Killey: 8/10
Kisara: 6/10 She's a decent mage early on
Kyle: 9/10
Lance: 1/10 see Ax and Fail
LeLei: 4/10 at least shes tanky!
Levi: 6/10
Logg: 7/10 awesome early on
Lorelai: 5/10
Lu: 5/10 one of the few long range with more than one hit, but that durability is fail
Lun: 7/10 solid like the rest of her family
Lyon: 9/10
Maroon: 3/10
Mathias: 6/10
Meroon: 3/10
Miakis: 10/10 pure potential
Miroon: 3/10
Moroon: 4/10 +1 for the awesome battle music >_>
Muroon: 3/10
Nakula: 5/10
Nelis: 7/10
Nick: 6/10 he isnt bad at all. 3 rune slots!
Nifsara: 4/10
Nikea: 7/10
Norma: 7/10

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2008, 05:45:30 AM »
Suikoden 5 (I to N):
Isabel: 5/10?  Didn't use much, I'll grant.  Seemed like Yet Another Tank, and S5 enemies are frail enough that emphasizing offense tends to work better.  Seemed to be Belcoot minus, basically.
Isato: 5/10 - Nothing special for the short dungeon you had him in, IIRC.
Jeane: 8/10 - Excellent painful mage.  Only problem is dies to a stiff breeze.
Jospehine: 2/10 - Uh you're using her for style points and pretty much nothing else.
Killey: 8/10.  Agree with Elf about the "sadly kinda rules" part because he's completely lame as a character.  Fast & painful Mage.
Kisara: 3/10- Tried to use her a bit.  Her combo wasn't exactly inspiring with Logg & Lun, who have more character anyway.  Not particularly durable and not good damage.  And she uses Rope in battle?  Right.
Kyle: 6/10 - Slightly torn on his role.  He's short range so he's supposed to be a front line fighter but I recall him being frailer than I'd hope for in that role.  Mage backup is nice but not really what I wanted.  Still solid, just disappointing.
Lance: N/A
LeLei: 3/10 - Combo with Cius sucked.  Less tankish but more accurate/damaging or something?  Still bad.
Levi: 5/10 - Whatever.
Logg: 6/10 Good filler.  Combo with Lun is okay, can heal, has lots of HP.
Lorelai: 7/10 Decent draining physicals for random, and Lightning Bolts of Pain for bosses.  Accessible reasonably early too.  Just a bit frail.
Lu: 1/10 - Looked at stats enough to know sucks, and I didn't recruit her until late anyway.
Lun: 8/10 - Random fisherdaughter is a great mage?  Who knew.  Passable damage against randoms too, unlike say Zerase.
Lyon: 8/10 - Tankish and a bit inaccurate but has the great combo with the Prince.  No special Rune most of the game but being tanky + comboing well means she pulls her weight.
Maroon: N/A
Mathias: N/A Tried him even less than Isabel.
Meroon: N/A
Miakis: 8/10 - Uh, I liked Miakis and used her in my final party, but I'm not buying the 9 and 10 hype here.  Probably because I don't see the three rune slots as that huge an advantage.  Still, solid fighter with good defenses who's an excellent mage as well.  Which is pretty much exactly what you want in a Suikoden game.  But she didn't feel broken to me, which is what gets you a 9+.  (Random comment: If you lose the duel with Miakis, she kills the Prince?!  WTF?  Wish they'd worked on that alternate ending a bit more, even if they still game overed you.  Yes, I went around intentionally losing every duel I could.)
Miroon: N/A
Moroon: N/A
Muroon: N/A
Nakula: N/A
Nelis: 7/10 - Yet another great mage.  I barely used her but more because she was competing against other fantastic mages by the time she joins, not because she's bad.  Join a little earlier, and she'd be 8/10 easy.
Nick: N/A
Nifsara: 5/10 - She was the Sialeeds clone, right?  Wind Runes are fine in the early game but don't really cut it late game.
Nikea: 5/10 - Barely used her, but she felt very eh.
Norma: N/A

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »
Norma is definitely above average. Doesn't seem like you twinked her properly Rozalia >_> With a Boost/Power/Double Edge set up she's like a chibi Miakis, less multi hits but criticals more often. She's been taking lessons from Killey on criticals seriously xD My best damage dealer for the castle statue keeps on changing between Norma and Miakis a lot of the time <_< My Norma criticalad the Godwin's fortress boss in one round with awesme damage and took out the end game Sun Palace bosses with criticals in a round as well. She's versatile as well as like Miakis she's also good with magic and can do Magic/Magic Absorb/Offensive spell well too. Some people may not agree with my overall score for Norma but she's definitely not a 3 :P

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2008, 11:56:28 AM »
Norma is definitely above average. Doesn't seem like you twinked her properly Rozalia >_> With a Boost/Power/Double Edge set up she's like a chibi Miakis, less multi hits but criticals more often. She's been taking lessons from Killey on criticals seriously xD My best damage dealer for the castle statue keeps on changing between Norma and Miakis a lot of the time <_< My Norma criticalad the Godwin's fortress boss in one round with awesme damage and took out the end game Sun Palace bosses with criticals in a round as well. She's versatile as well as like Miakis she's also good with magic and can do Magic/Magic Absorb/Offensive spell well too. Some people may not agree with my overall score for Norma but she's definitely not a 3 :P

If I remember correctly isn't her third slot gotten really late. Like end game levels.
I have looked at her stats after what you said and she indeed isn't bad if you set up everything correctly (I never bothered because of the sheer amount of characters in the game).
There were only a few characters I twinked because only a few interested me, Norma didn't because she doesn't feel very good at the start (Nick had the purple factor and Raven had the Raven rune so they are a different case).

However after looking at the stats and what you said she is indeed above a 3 so I'll switch her score with Lelei who I think I gave too high a score.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2008, 10:02:19 PM »
Suikoden 5 (I to N):
Isabel: 7/10 - Great midgame damage. The better of the Maxmillion Knights.
Isato: 4/10 - He was decent enough during his story sections. Not an archer I'd use much out of forced situations.
Jeane: 8/10 - A mage worth using, Thunder rune in army battles, Charm rune was useful is keeping her alive, plus it was useful having her in the party when I wanted a Runesage.
Jospehine: 4/10 - Horrible, but her Fire rune abilities in army battles were incredibly useful.
Killey: 8.5/10 - Damn Killey's good. Decent physical, long-range mage with lots of speed. Combos w/ other ruins-hunters, who are often forced, gives him an extra point.
Kisara: 4/10 - Serviceable early fighter.
Kyle: 8/10 - All-around solid - strong physical, decent healer, good speed, combos nicely, protects the frail female characters, good in war battles. He was always part of my team if possible.
Lance: 0/10 - Oh god, it's horrible.
LeLei: 5/10 - A preferred earlygame addition. She's a great tank, but she falls out of usefulness early on.
Levi: 7.5/10 - Great mage, not quite as useful as Jeane, and comes a bit later, so he felt redundant. Especially since you have Zerase by that point, too.
Logg: 4/10 - Serviceable earlygame fighter.
Lorelai: 7.5/10 - Often forced, but good enough speed/durability that I didn't mind. Needed more mid-range fighters often, so Lorelai works. Thunder rune was nice, decent combos, decent war character, too.
Lu: 8/10 - Great midgame character. Multi-hit long-range character for the win. Durability sucks, but she's long-range and hardly ever got hit. A fun addition to the team. Character was annoying as fuck, but she was surprisingly useful.
Lun: 5/10 - Good earlygame fighter, only a bit better than her parents.
Lyon: 10/10 - Often forced, but who cares? Lags a bit in the middle, but availability (and usefulness) early make up for it. Better than the Prince in many ways.
Maroon: 2/10 - Dear god, it's horrible.
Mathias: 6.5/10 - Good midgame mage/fighter. The slightly-less-good of the Maximillion Knights.
Meroon: 3/10 - No combos worth using, frail, not good really, though not as bad as the dragonhorses.
Miakis: 10/10 - She's really that good. Does everything well, great combos, good in war battles, too.
Miroon: 3/10 - Not horrible, but still not good.
Moroon: 3/10 - ditto.
Muroon: 3/10 - and one more.
Nakula: One of the few characters that I never got around to actually using.
Nelis: 8/10 - Great mage, decent physical damage, excellent speed.
Nick: 3/10 - Beaver-level.
Nifsara: 6/10 - Not bad, but joins too late and too low-powered to be of much help. It was nice to have a Sialeeds clone, though.
Nikea: 5/10 - Average midgame fighter. Boar Rune just barely makes her average, though.
Norma: 9/10 - Oh wow, she's great. Combos with gamebreaking-Ernst and in one of the pretty girl combos, has Treasure Hunter, useful in war battles, good strength and magic, and speedy to boot. Not the best at anything, but no real drawbacks. Great package of a character.

-Djinn

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2008, 08:33:39 PM »
As usual, I'm only voting on people I'm confident of their abilities!

Suikoden 5 (I to N):
Isato: 4/10. Genericish, I felt.
Jeane: 7/10. Solid Mage, but there are better.
Jospehine: 4/10. Didn't seem too special.
Killey: 7/10. Why'd he have to be actually good ;_;
Kyle: 7.5/10. Nice all rounder character.
Lance: 1/10. Dragon Horse, thus fails.
LeLei: 3/10. Remember being...completely unspecial.
Levi: 7/10. See Jeane, basically. 
Logg: 3/10. Distinctly remember him lagging and such.
Lorelai: 6/10. Above average.
Lyon: 8/10. Miakis-lite for most of the game, which is hardly a bad thing.  Eventually gets a "True" Rune, complete with all spells learned, so its pretty rocking.
Maroon: 3/10. Subpar.
Meroon: 3/10. Also subpar!
Miakis: 9/10.  Pretty Dominating when twinked.  I'd hold that twink thing requirement against her...except S5 Twinking is so easy to do, and from what I recall, she still works as a Mage Fighter if not twinked due to well rounded stats anyway (a less durable, but faster Kyle I wanna say she was?)
Miroon: 3/10. Beavers.
Moroon: 3/10. Weren't.
Muroon: 3/10. Much.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2008, 03:14:40 AM »
Same durability as Kyle actually (Prince level HP and magic, chain armour). Aside from perhaps a better rune affinity somewhere I am forgetting (Water?) he doesn't really have much over her. Better base physical damage but less on average due to swings, less speed, waits until 55 for that rune slot. Not that he's bad obviously.

Maybe.