Register

Author Topic: NBA 2009-2010  (Read 27728 times)

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2009-2010
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
Good, good. Broke some FA hearts, but it's good to see Portland keeping a good house.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2010, 07:18:49 AM »
Updates

Lakers v Thunder-  Good God Durant... learn to shoot like you did all year and you got a legit shot in this series.  And don't gimme that Artest crap because he is missing pretty nice looks as well as contested looks.  Either way, home court holding so far for each team so this could go to 7 like I predicted!  Waiting for Laker fans to cry about the FT disparity between the teams in game 3.  (Ignoring that the Lakers took over 30 three pointers and Kobe was willing to settle for turnaround Js all game long.)

Spurs v Mavericks- Spurs took home court, now just gotta hold it and they can win in 6.  We'll see how the old guys hold out.  Game 3 for that one will be fun to watch.  Duncan is a stud despite being 600.

Suns v Blazers-  Well Blazers got their token win of the series, but looking like 4-1 is likely.  LMA is just NOT NOT NOT a first option guy vs real teams, Andre is good but not All-Star caliber, and everyone else is filler for Portland.  With Roy and future Oden this is perfect.  Without those 2... we are not a playoff team.

Denver v Jazz- Well... with Okur and Andre dead I wouldn't expect Jazz to be 1-1, but Deron is just godlike... borderline bluelike (if Lebron didn't hold that division all to himself.)  Denver still probably takes back home court and wins in 7 though, but should be an exciting series.

West has 3 good series going and then Portland... sigh.

Cleveland v Chicago- "I spose the Bulls might steal one, but I doubt it."  I should stopped halfway through that sentence.  Should still be 4-1, but Cleveland should be worried that the theme of "every Cav not named Lebron is playing like shit" is back like last year.

Magic v Bobcats- Magic not playing particularly well and winning easily.  Should sweep.  And yes I reserve the right to switch whether I call a team by their first or last name each time.

Hawks v Bucks- Kinda like Portland v Phoenix.  I see Bucks stealing one, but that's about it.

Miami v Boston- Well... this look to be the one series I'm pretty sure I got wrong all together unless Miami goes NBA finals mode and starts dominating after 2 games.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2010, 08:53:02 AM »
You forgot Camby. I wouldn't call him filler, since he's currently out-rebounding Dwight fucking Howard.

Blazers, please stop playing so badly. You are killing me inside.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2010, 09:18:40 PM »
You forgot Camby. I wouldn't call him filler, since he's currently out-rebounding Dwight fucking Howard.

Blazers, please stop playing so badly. You are killing me inside.

True, but right now Camby is Przybilla+.  His offense has been fucking horrid.  How do you shoot 2/10 when all you do is take point blank shots?  Oh right, you miss 3 FUCKING LAYUPS IN 5 MINUTES.

Meanwhile Bayless is quite the opposite.  He's been scoring this series, but he has to be the worst off the ball defender in the NBA.  If Phoenix is taking a wide open 3 when he is in the game 9/10 times it's because he got caught in no mans land and wasn't doubling the ball or getting back to contest the 3...

My solution.   BaBy!  BaBy will be a 7 foot rebounding machine that can drive to the basket at will!  (Okay I guess you can do this with any scoring guard + 7 footer... but how many have the fucking name BaBy?)

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
Well fuck, Miami...
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2010, 12:55:50 AM »
Thank fucking god.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2010, 05:26:46 AM »
Go Thunder. Holy shit.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2010, 09:08:14 AM »
Thank fucking god.

He didn't quite come back at halftime with a chair... but Roy definitely hit some clutch shots after being ineffective most of the game.  Hopefully he comes back next game actually ready to play and we might have a series again!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »
That was awesome!!!! Now if they can beat the Lakers at home!!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2010, 08:05:48 PM »
Thank fucking god.

He didn't quite come back at halftime with a chair... but Roy definitely hit some clutch shots after being ineffective most of the game.  Hopefully he comes back next game actually ready to play and we might have a series again!

Well, his just being on the court does so much for the other players on the floor. Aldridge was not getting double-teamed the whole time, for one.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2010, 08:30:31 PM »
Thank fucking god.

Well, his just being on the court does so much for the other players on the floor. Aldridge was not getting double-teamed the whole time, for one.

True enough.  Granted Aldridge was actually hitting that turn around jumper.  He's been missing that all series.  Roy definitely alleviates some pressure, but LMA finally decided to show up on his own as well.

And... go Thunder.  Man the blueout and whiteout were both pretty sick.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2010, 08:57:12 AM »
Thank fucking god.

True enough.  Granted Aldridge was actually hitting that turn around jumper.  He's been missing that all series.  Roy definitely alleviates some pressure, but LMA finally decided to show up on his own as well.

And... go Thunder.  Man the blueout and whiteout were both pretty sick.

Well, Brandon Roy is like the main character of a sports movie. When he comes back everyone on the team automatically gets better.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »
Brandon Roy spams Cheer.... LMA now has OHKO damage.

It's a shame game 7 wasn't at home.  If Portland somehow managed to win the series at home the after parties would be insane.  I guess if we won 5 and 6 they could be... but Thursday night just isn't the same.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »
It's my running crew's karaoke night at the Alibi that night, so that could have worked out well for me.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2010, 12:41:54 AM »
Why is Thursday the karaoke night for every damn bar in the Portland metro area?

Oh and to stay on topic... damn.  That start was awesome only to be followed by 42 minutes of pure garbage.  Oh well, go Thunder tonight I guess.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2010, 01:03:29 AM »
It's Fridays and Saturdays at the Boiler Room.  I usually go there around eight to eat hot wings and get wasted.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »
And there goes my bracket.

Being a Mavs fan is a sure way to fill yourself with heartache.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »
So who comes out of the West now? The Lakers have not looked that great against the Sonics, but Denver looks set to go down to Utah (who I can't see going much further with their injuries), and who knows what will happen in Suns/Spurs.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2010, 12:36:50 AM »
All I can say is that it looks like it's either LeBron or Howard's year to get a ring.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2010, 03:48:54 AM »
So who comes out of the West now? The Lakers have not looked that great against the Sonics, but Denver looks set to go down to Utah (who I can't see going much further with their injuries), and who knows what will happen in Suns/Spurs.

I'm sticking with Phoenix, but I agree with Rob that the East should win the finals easily enough.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2010, 07:54:55 AM »
Poor Thunder.

And to think, they could be headed back to L.A. if Ibaka knew how to box out. Something that will invariably get lost in the shuffle of the Lakers advancing is Kobe bricking the potential game-winner. >_>

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2010, 08:16:23 AM »
The way I've seen the Lakers for the past couple years, Kobe Bryant is the Wizard of Oz and Pau Gasol is the man behind the curtain.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2010, 04:52:34 PM »
Dirk and Bosh should go to the Heat.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2010, 06:40:19 PM »
If Wade decides to leave because he's realized he can only carry a team for 82 games and that is his limit, I don't think it's going to matter HOW much cap space they have.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »
The way I've seen the Lakers for the past couple years, Kobe Bryant is the Wizard of Oz and Pau Gasol is the man behind the curtain.

Don't try to tell the media or anyone in LA this.  They see it as Kobe Bryant is God and he lets Gasol do some good things every now and then.