Register

Author Topic: VtM:M - Vampire the Masquerade Mafia  (Read 49014 times)

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
Re: VtM:M - Vampire the Masquerade Mafia
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2008, 05:49:50 PM »
I don't suppose there's anything Andrew could say to save himself, is there? He seems to be kind of the target of things that are completely beyond his control. That is, test Excal's copclaim, test Alex's dayvig. At least, there's one or two who voted for it on those bases alone.

For the record, I agree with a vote on him, and I think he's felt a little off all game anyway so he'd be my next most logical choice for a lynch to begin with. Just, y'know, he's sleeping, so if indeed there was something he could say to save himself I'd urge you to wait a little bit. It makes me uncomfortable to kill someone before they've had a chance to defend themselves.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2008, 05:55:43 PM »
Well, wake him up, silly!

Also!  Did you kill Shale?  Did you target me with an action last night, other than doc (or other misc should-not-be-revealed protective role)?  Do you have a role that only activates today/tonight?  Have you seen a little girl, about 8 years old?  What's up with that radio?  TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS!

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2008, 06:03:14 PM »
*proceeds to wake him up*

And to answer your barrage of questions: Nope. Nope. Nope. I know nothing. What radio? And uh. o_o

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 09, 2008, 06:24:38 PM »
Since we have a full day now, no one will mind if I crash for like, eight hours, right? Thanks.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 09, 2008, 06:27:48 PM »
Well good morning to you all too.

So, the entire pressure on me is founded on the Cid thing and that I've turned up scum on Excal's check, right?

Obviously the former I can't do much about, as I've already explained that, backed-off and what have you. The latter... I really can't explain either, aside from guessing that I wasn't told I was a miller.

Anyhow, I can say I did target Alex last night. I'm a member of clan Gangrel and I am also a watcher who apparently has rolecop abilities, or Tom gave me really strange flavor. Last night, I scoped out Alex's place to see who visited him and watched VSM stop by. I think I know his ability, but people might prefer if I didn't mention that.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »
... of course that comes right after VSM leaves.  Of course.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »
Sorry? I got kicked out of bed to make that post, so it wasn't like I was lollygagging.

Anyhow, given that he left and didn't fess up to visiting you last night, and you clearly have something about that, I'm going to...

##Vote: VSM

No idea why he wouldn't fess up, so I'm still reserving declaring his power until this gets straightened out a bit further. If you just want me to say it, tell me though. I should at least get it out before I die given his behavior.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2008, 06:39:12 PM »
I'm just bemoaning the slings and arrows of timing.  Thanks for getting up, go ahead and say it.  I'm probably going to kill you afterwards, though. 

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 09, 2008, 06:42:20 PM »
VSM is apparently a cop as well. He, to whit, dispatched undercover officers, to your place.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 09, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
Good call, there were indeed officers at my house.  Unfortunately, kine police don't exactly have a way to tell Camarilla from Sabbat.  Or, well, tell much of anything about kindred.  They weren't there for copping.  I'll leave it to VSM to explain what they were there for - his line of "Somehow, I doubt you're going to get that claim you're asking for" gave away that it was likely him anyhow. 

But if you believe VSM to be a cop and the officers to be the result of copness, why on earth are you voting for him?  And not for Excal, who's claiming to also be a cop with a scum result on you?  This looks like a phoned in defense based on a scum watcher result. 

There's actually no sense in my firing till Tom's around again, since it'll pause the game until he's here to give the flip, but yeaaaah Andrew is going to be dead.   

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2008, 07:03:09 PM »
Andrew looks scummy, his roleclaim could well be true but he STILL is likely to be scummy even with it, it checks both Alex's and Excal's claims....

Yeah, he's the one I'd be voting for if Alex didn't ask that we don't do that to avoid shadow hammer or whatever. So, different format it is. ##Dayvig: Andrew

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »
Oh good gravy.  Well, I think we really have no choice but to have Fluffytails dayvig Mr Cake.  This will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.  It will prove that Fluffytails DID inherit Ratkin's ability upon his death and confirm whether Arthur's Sword sucessfully copped or not.  I am in favor of it.

##Dayvig: Mr. Cake

I admit that I would have LOVED for FukerNutz to still be around so we could hear him claim his response before we do this.  I would like to wait until he does comes back (since you're wanting to wait for The Evil One to awaken anyway, Fluffytails).
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2008, 07:10:25 PM »
I can safely say VSM's response doesn't make a difference in the matter of Andrew's vigging. 

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 09, 2008, 07:11:20 PM »
Can you explain the rest of what you're talking about now that we have that, Alex?  I'm quite confused by your behavior so far.  Why do you expect someone to be getting a new power all of a sudden? 

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 09, 2008, 07:17:55 PM »
Uh? Because VSM totally skipped your call out and ran away? Given that, he certainly looks worse than Excal to me who might well be a sane cop. Given the silliness of this game I perceived up to this point, I have no problem believing I might be a stealth miller, especially given that I thought I was also a stealth rolecop too (apparently I would be if I knew VtM lore better, but hey, not a fan).

So in general, I thought there were two "cops": one of which was for, reasons unknown, evading your question. I've got nothing I can prove on Excal either way without one of us dying, and I've got an increasingly looking suspicious VSM. Shock and amaze, VSM makes more sense to me.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 09, 2008, 07:35:54 PM »
Yakko:  Not until the other people I'm looking for claim. 

Andrew:  If you're voting VSM you're saying you think he's scum or third party, not a town cop behaving oddly.  Excal's coppery is the only thing preserving his skin right now and he's called a result on you that you, if you were town, would know to be incorrect.  You think it's more likely that you're a stealth miller and VSM is a scum police-summoning-something than that Excal's a scum trying to buy a miskill?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 09, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »
Given VSM's behavior, that I wasn't particularly suspicious of Excal up to this point, my confidence in the game sanity and that I obviously wasn't sure if my rolecop abilities were real or it was just oddly specific flavor...

Yep. While it is well possible Excal is trying to miskill me, voting him has a ton of problems associated with it. For starters, if I'm wrong, we lose a cop. Furthermore, I die shortly after. In addition, is is a fairly weak line of argumentation anyway, because it amounts to "NO U." And, honestly, I've got nothing on him but him fingering me, which seems fairly suicidal if he's scum, since we tend to flip hidden special abilities after. Given the general stupidity of one-for-one trades on the scum side...

I'm fairly confident about tossing Occam's Razor to the wind and going with VSM scum, Excal honest and myself a stealth miller.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 09, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »
For the record, in case others aren't seeing it, I consider it very possible that both Andrew and Excal are scum and Excal's trying to buy some credibility for his claim by bussing a buddy who'd die anyhow.  We'll see what the flip says though.

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 09, 2008, 08:03:38 PM »
The same thought had occurred to me too, Alex.

I also happen to consider that Andrew's interpretation isn't impossible. I would think VSM would look a little weird if he were involved in the actions you very specifically called for roleclaims on and yet didn't respond to them.

Still think Andrew needs to go, though. *shrug*

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 09, 2008, 08:19:58 PM »
i can contribute, but requires a role claim.
Not sure if this is stupid time to or not, but it may clear things up.
I'm a tracker, think a weaker version of watcher.
Excal did in fact target Andrew with his power last night.

So i think that clears up Excal.
Either he's a cop or Scum with a role which targetted Andrew.

This is why i wanted to wait and hear Excals results.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2008, 08:25:08 PM »
Also flavor-wise.
Haven't Gangrel left the Camarilla?, i know theres a few stragglers but hey it makes Andrew look a bit worse.
I'm Tracker.
Basically i see who people target at night.
Clan Toreador (poor attempt at implying this 1st post, with the occasional compliment to beauty and things.
I'm also basically the Head Harpy (trying to avoid a role-quote there) (see my 1st post, the bitchy back stabbiness was an attempt at being gossipy).

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 09, 2008, 08:53:34 PM »
Rightyo.  I noticed the breadcrumbing Toreador in your first post right away, it was kind of obvious to anyone with knowledge of VTM.  Taking into account your experience level, I thought it improbable that you would breadcrumb as scum.  Today, however, we've got Shale flipping as a Toreador, so that's what removed my confidence somewhat. 

This is just making me more curious as to what Andrew's flip is going to be. 

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 09, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
Yeah i know, i was hoping people would take it for me just attempting something new, over me having a power.

Oh and i vote to dayvig andrew.

Thought it was kind of implied but just in case.

I'm more interested in VSM he won't be back for a while but my arguments from day 1 are still there, and as implied by you guys, overnight it looks like theres more evidence to it now.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 09, 2008, 09:09:20 PM »
oh and the role quote part i just worked a way to get around.
basically it implies i'm more effective than others so there may be another harpy.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 09, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »
Alex, right now the only thing stopping me from voting you is the fact your roleclaim is still provable.  You said that your role was to take over for the Prince, yet now you're acting like you've learned things last night somehow and I don't understand how exactly you came by this knowledge.  I also don't see the point of waiting for this mysterious claim you're expecting, if you expect them to claim anyway why do you care if they know why you know they exist?  Plus this is flagrant role-fishing when...