Register

Author Topic: World of Warcraft Mafia - Main Topic  (Read 22766 times)

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft Mafia - Main Topic
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 08:46:27 PM »
wow, sorry Ciato, i had thought of, in advance a couple of my joke votes, unfortunately the only 1 that fit with the players was your own.

Now however we need more talk, it seems things are a bit too quiet (compared to how much VTM is on 4 pages and we're still one 1)
So for now.

##Unvote:Ciato

Strago and Lady door are only sitting on 1 post a piece but maybe we haven't given enough time to them yet, LaL is tempting but i will hold off for now (especially considering i will be at work and unable to remove the vote)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »
Yeah, well, VtM had a dayvig roleclaim as its first post.  This game on the other hand has a standard day 1.  Which is to say, lack of direction, or anything interesting to talk about other than memes and injokes. 

So, okay, serious time GET, I guess.  Gutclaims are not good, as a rule, but I've learned the hard way as scum that Ciato's are right an astonishing amount of the time... when she's got a seed of reason backing them up.  Here, Smodge has a decidedly odd first post, even for a jokevote, and his quick removal but lack of replacement is odder.  That's... something odd, certainly.   Let's roll with it.  I was going to insert some sort of need before greed joke here but then I realized I was going to make a WoW joke and bashed my head into the wall until it bled.

##Unvote: Rat
##Vote: Smodge

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »
even for a jokevote, and his quick removal but lack of replacement is odder.  That's... something odd, certainly. 

Joke vote was removed because i wanted the game to start to shift into serious mode, the lack of talk was disturbing and its too easy for scum to hide in the silence, as for lack of replacement, i leave for work in 30 minutes and unless i get a chance to post during my lunch break my next post won't be for 12 hours, in random you berated me several times for placing a vote when i wouldn't be around to see the result so i've heeded your advice.

If i get a chance during my lunch break thats when i'll post who i vote for.

As for my jokevote, it was exactly that a joke vote, i didn't even notice it started a train until Ciato pointed it out (VTM mafia had distracted me).

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »
Not quite.  The argument you're referring to in Random was that you absentee-voted while you had been criticizing people for doing the same.  Nothing particularly wrong in and of itself with dropping a vote on someone that you'd be okay with lynching, especially in the earlygame.  Better than not giving a serious vote at all, to be sure.  Attacking other people and calling an action scummy when you've done it yourself that game, now - that's bad.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 10:00:42 PM »
##Vote:Site Alex
A Bit of OGMus, but since when do you go for gutclaims?, admittedly Ciato is often right, however i specifically remember both yourself and Rat in touhou berating people on speaking about their gut.
oh wait, you were both scum then.

Seeing as you want me to vote seriously then i shall.

##Vote: Strago
Lady door is rather new so lurkerish tactics can be minorly forgiven, as for Strago, he is nowhere near new and knows how things go.

Owel at least the game is getting into serious mode, which was my aim >.> although myself as a target wasn't.
You stress that i don't OMGus which im trying not to, scum if anything would be more likely to jump on a train to kill me late in the game so at least it should give a fair bit of evidence.

Won't be back for a while, if it comes to it at least give me a chance to further defend myself before lynching me.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 10:05:24 PM »
Seems that you've already resigned to being lynched. Lurkers really need to post more before I can say much of anything else, yes, yes?
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 10:08:36 PM »
i'm only minorly resigned, simply because unlike other games i won't be here.
If i'm not around to defend myself for such a long time 12 hours, its a possibility a bandwagon will form and i will be lynched without much of a word other than what i've said here.
I'm not resigned to it, hell i intend to do my usual and try to find scum on the train that forms upon myself, but with such a long time away it may be dificult to defend myself before its too late.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 10:42:35 PM »
More trying not to fail classes/get enough sleep to attend classes/attend classes than anything. Silly me, I tend to pay attention when I'm there, too.

Anyway, here now. First things first: removal of joke vote.

##UNVOTE Ciato

Now onto substance. Unofficial vote count puts smodge and Strago at 2 votes each, and everyone else with 1 vote a piece except for myself and EvilTom. All 9 of us have weighed in after a fashion, some of us (I'm looking at ... uh... me, mostly) less so than others. So! Real game now SRSLY. ... except it's day one. And it ends in 4 hours. With so little time left, I'm looking at the lurker that isn't me, and that means

##VOTE Strago
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
Getting down to the deadline and I'm all for moving things along.  Removing joke vote and applying LAL.  Day 1 gives us so little else to work with, really.  And the deadline does fast approach.

##Unvote Carth, ##Vote Strago
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 10:54:26 PM »
I'm always hesitant to vote for lurkerism unless I know someone is actually lurking. I'm going to give Strago the benefit of the doubt as a matter of rule.
On the other hand, I'm not going to attack Smodge/Lady Door over it either; it's a smart scum play, but also a valid town play.

Honestly, I'm going to FoS Alex. To me it looks like you're just using poor Ciato as a scapegoat for a train. But, I'm making an effort not to get into townie-fights after TouHou et al, so let's see what you say about it.
Also the post just doesn't seem right; it's as though you're trying to push something without touching it.
Gutclaims are not good, as a rule, but I've learned the hard way as scum that Ciato's are right an astonishing amount of the time... when she's got a seed of reason backing them up.  Here, Smodge has a decidedly odd first post, even for a jokevote, and his quick removal but lack of replacement is odder.  That's... something odd, certainly.   Let's roll with it.
Quoted.

Votecount + Timeleft would be nice :3
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 11:16:17 PM »
Smodge13 (2): Ciato, Alex
EvilTom (0)
Ciato(0): LadyDoor, Smodge
Carthrat (0): QR, Alex
Corwin (0)
QR (1): Corwin
Alex (2): Strago, Carth
Strago (4): EvilTom, Smodge, LadyDoor, QR
Lady Door (0): Carth

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Currently, Strago will by lynched at the end of the day.

Day ends at 6:30, PST. This is to say, 3 hours and 15 minutes from this post.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 11:19:46 PM »
Oh crap, didn't realise it was so soon. What happens in the case of a tie? (If I shift my Strago to Alex)

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »
Smodge: I will STILL berate people for gutclaims in this game if that's all they've got. I loathe reading that particular argument. It has not suddenly become a good idea this game or anything, it's still BAD and you won't get away with just saying "I think xyz for no reason" on my watch!

<->

Hey Tom aren't you still voting for Strago? That's not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Which you shouldn't really be doing anyway, but I digress.

"Smart scum play" and "Valid town play" are very often synonymous. This is equivalent to going around and saying "but he COULD BE SCUM" and reiterating paranoia doesn't usually get us very for.

Alex is using Ciato as a scapegoat what? Last I checked, he was voting for Smodge. o-o

Strago getting lynched for lurking is fine, I would vote him myself right now but that'd be hammer. Do we NEED majority to lynch, though? 'cos then I'll have no hesitation.

What do you mean by 'effort not to get into townie-fights'? You can't put pressure on people and be strong about your arguments with an attitude like that; if you ARE going to question someone you might as well go the whole way.

Edit: I'll be voting for Strago at this point over Alex, so.. yeah.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 11:35:41 PM »
Hey Tom aren't you still voting for Strago? That's not giving him the benefit of the doubt. Which you shouldn't really be doing anyway, but I digress.

My vote on Strago was just hanging there since my jokevote a page or two back. I was going to unvote Strago, then I noticed we were almost out of time so I just left it there until I got further info on what happens if it's a tievote.

I'd rather we lynch Strago than nobody.

(Sorry, slightly distracted getting a replacement for VtM, but I'll decide my vote before the end of this day)

So yes, I'd *like* Strago to stop lurking, but with 3 hours left I don't think that's going to happen :( And an extension isn't really going to help us much, unfortunately, since we don't have anything real to go off.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 11:44:46 PM »
In the event of a tie, there will be a period of sudden death (say, 1.5 hours) and then, if no consensus is reached, I will roll for death.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 11:47:20 PM »
Well I hate dice (and they hate me), so I guess I'll stay on Strago.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2008, 12:09:48 AM »
I, uh... what?  Ciato... scapegoat... what?  You know what scapegoat means, right?  It's not applicable here.  I agree with her stated reason for voting Smodge and will put him forth as a candidate for lynching, or would except for that thing where Strago's mysteriously vanished after saying two words.    (And, obviously, if someone tied the vote between myself and Strago I'd move to Strago.)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2008, 12:12:13 AM »
Mind explaining why you want to vote for Alex, Tom?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 12:16:57 AM »
Oh, I didn't think it was worth a vote, I just wanted to point it out. The way he was just going with whatever you said looked a bit dodgy. The whole 'me-too'-ism thing. It's our job to point these things out. In terms of the best lynch though, it's definately looking like Strago. Anyway, it's -1 isn't it? My vote is already on him, so it's up to
someone else to continue this further.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2008, 12:24:49 AM »
Continue it further?  Considering that Strago's said all of two words in the game so far (and an apparent jokevote on me) I think it would be highly uncouth to hammer the guy without giving him the chance to come back and roleclaim or give thoughts or say something....

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »
Quick warning. Since I'll be at a class, I'll probably be a few late for the deadline.

Suffice to say, don't chatter beyond it.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2008, 12:41:41 AM »
Anyway, I think that smodge misspoke. I think what he meant was that voting for him, which he seems to think will automatically turn into a lynch (okay), and lynching him will cause the terribly evil, scummy Alex to blame me for getting smodge killed. Or something. I prefer ice cream.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2008, 12:50:45 AM »
You mean you think that EvilTom misspoke.

Still waiting for Strago etc will hammer him shortly before deadline if he doesn't speak, there can be no mercy!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2008, 12:56:10 AM »
Right. You Aussies...

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2008, 02:08:00 AM »
So uh yeah twenty minutes to go, I see nothing forthcoming. Right.

##Vote: Strago