Author Topic: World of Warcraft Mafia - Main Topic  (Read 22759 times)

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warcraft Mafia - Main Topic
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2008, 02:08:30 AM »
Or I can do it RIGHT.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Strago
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008, 03:30:29 AM »
HAMMER and such. Stop talking. Flip in a moment.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2008, 03:44:47 AM »
Smodge13 (2): Ciato, Alex
EvilTom (0)
Ciato(0): LadyDoor, Smodge
Carthrat (0): QR, Alex
Corwin (0)
QR (1): Corwin
Alex (0): Strago, Carth
Strago (5): EvilTom, Smodge, LadyDoor, QR, Carth
Lady Door (0): Carth

Alas, no longer was the argument about class balance, but rather about who the hell was out to kill the poor frazzled players. Back and forth the arguments raged (occasionally punctuated by a cry to get back on topic about class balance just let the deaths happen as they came), but then, they noticed that one among them was silent.

"That must be the guy!"

"Yeah, WoW players would never be quiet!"

"He doesn't smell either! He must not be a real player!"

Thus, the wannabe class devs became a wannabe lynch mob.

Silently, Strago went to the lynch. Silently, he dangled. Silently, a thirty page story about how awesome his Forsaken Warlock was fell from his jacket. Only a real player would waste that much of his time.

Strago, wannabe Warlock dev (TOWN) has been lynched.

I guess Warlocks weren't that overpowered, huh?

PLEASE SEND IN NIGHT ACTIONS NOW.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 03:55:41 AM by AndrewRogue »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2008, 11:14:41 PM »
Another day dawns in the meeting room, and alas, our weary players, having slept after a long day of debate, were highly concerned that one of them might not be there when they woke up. Of course, this was silly. You all were locked in! Nobody could leave.

At least, in the physical sense.

In the state of living sense, however... it was poor Ciato that the lot of you stumbled on in the morning, frozen solid, undoubtedly with liquid nitrogen. Attached to her? A note that simply read "QQ more, mages. Enjoy your free Iceblock."

Ciato, temporary Mage Rep (TOWN ALIGNED DOCTOR) got ganked!

Day 2 ends 24 Hours from now. Extension voting to make the day 24 hours longer is available. Remember, More Pew Pew, Less QQ!

Perhaps I also should have mentioned, with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:24:32 AM by AndrewRogue »

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2008, 11:24:50 PM »
....oooowwwwwwwwwwww.

Whelp.

##Vote: Smodge

Same reasons as yesterday. 

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2008, 11:47:55 PM »
*sigh*  Nothing to kill a mood like seeing the doc go night 1.  Weeeeellll, hmm.

Really no one stood out too much yesterday except Smodge, and even he was only moderately odd.  But Ciato did call him out and she did end up dead.  It could be a frame or just scum protecting their own.  Since it's total WIFOM, I ignore that part completely and go with the fact that she was town and is usually pretty good at sniffing out the scum.

Unless I see something else that seems scummier to me, this'll do for a Day 2 start vote anyway.

##Vote Smodge
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2008, 11:57:52 PM »
D:  Nooooo, our doc!

I'm more inclined to believe frame. Sure, it's WIFOM, but it just seems more likely to me. Given that it's Smodge. I reckon scum aimed for the frame, and got lucky with doc.. blah. No vote yet.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2008, 12:01:53 AM »
huh what explain what you're talking about, Tom. ##Vote: EvilTom until I understand. o-o

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2008, 12:09:07 AM »
Oh I get it. Must read more than one post. Right. ##Unvote.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »
 :P

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2008, 12:16:57 AM »
... fantastic start. >_<

I didn't see any other viable candidates from yesterday, really, except the two lurkers (Corwin and Strago) and one of them was significantly more lurkey than the other.  There's been plenty of logical arguing from everyone except Corwin and... uh... me. I know I'm town. Corwin I know nothing about, but that's because he hasn't posted. Seems that Lynch All Lurkers thing only ended with the loss of a townie (two, really, since it drove us right into night), so I'm going to let that one lie for the moment.

I agree smodge looks a bit scummy. Page 2, he calls out the people sitting on 1 post a piece, but at that point his 4 posts are nothing but joke vote, explanation of timing, correction, and a call out to the lurkers. How is that any better? It smells like covering by misdirection, asking us to look at the number of posts rather than what they say.

I don't agree with Alex's original reasons for voting for him since it was a jokevote, but smodge seems resigned to being lynched and preemptively asks for a chance to defend himself before that happens. I can see where he's coming from considering how long he's going to be gone, but it felt as off to me as Ciato says it was to her. Look who's dead now?

Yeah, that sounds kind of flimsy to me, too. But at the moment I have no real reason to be looking at anyone else. So...

##VOTE smodge
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2008, 12:17:48 AM »
woah woah WOAH we're at -1 to hammer already. Just, you know. Saying.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2008, 12:19:45 AM »

If scum isn't already on the train, then they'll probably hammer... which means I'm suspicios of all of you, especially LD, for putting Smodge on the block.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2008, 12:22:49 AM »
Uh yeah if anyone hammers this early in the day, I know who I'm voting for tomorrow. I don't really have the time or energy to go through stuff right now- I hope the day is still going when I get back. I'll definately be back long before the day ends, so I see no reason to smash a hammer now.

I'd like Alex and QR to substantiate their cases somewhat, I *guess*.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2008, 12:23:27 AM »
Uh wow quicklynch much?
##Unvote: Smodge so he's not at -1.  Really want to hear from him, though I can already guess what he's going to say and where his vote's going to go.

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2008, 12:27:45 AM »
... um. Sorry. That's me not paying attention to what a huge difference 2 people missing makes to the number of people it takes to confirm a lynch.  :-[

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2008, 12:29:40 AM »
Not paying attention? Classic scumtell.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2008, 12:29:46 AM »
And I'm 5 minutes behind Alex's post or I'd pull mine too.  We want enough votes to prompt a good solid reply, not make it easy for scum to hammer.  I think 2 votes is fine, so I'm keeping mine on.

Carth, I hope that explains my vote.  I'm really just wanting to push Smodge to talk and get some discussion going.  We don't really have much else to go on, so...gotta start somwehere.
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2008, 12:33:12 AM »
Case on Smodge: 
A.  What QR said.
B.  From yesterday, he had a weird jokevote on Ciato, putting her at 2, then when questioned pulled it off and later moved to Strago.  What I find most eyebrow-raising here is his unvote when Ciato prodded him, plus a bit of confusion/contradiction regarding whether or not he wanted to drop a serious vote on someone. 

Lady Door

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2008, 03:26:04 AM »

I'm sorry I don't have a cleverly crafted explanation for my oversight, Tom? I honestly just wanted to outline my thoughts, and since they overwhelmingly leaned toward smodge I figured I'd turn that into a vote. Didn't realize the existing 2 votes + my vote would put us at -1. It's more a case of me forgetting just how few people are in the game and, therefore, how few people it takes to reach -1 for a lynch. So, sorry. We're back at -2 now (thanks Alex).

##UNVOTE smodge

Even though it's pretty clear where I stand at this point, I'll remove it to prevent anything weird happening.

I'm... still worried about having not heard from Corwin at this point, though. He hasn't posted since noon yesterday and I know he's been posting to VtM, soooo. Yeah.

Just waiting to hear from smodge and Corwin.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2008, 06:03:26 AM »
here but not for long, only got 10 minutes of my lunch break.
Framing a post now.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2008, 06:18:41 AM »
Thanks for almost hammering me >.>

Lady door bringing me to -1 looks bad, however Patch did similar in Touhou and was town, seemed a newbie error but when it puts me close to hammer it does get irritating don't let it happen again ^_^.

Ciato's death looks bad for me, almost unbelievably so, tempted to think frame up but Alex's comment about Ciato often being right is accurate and it's probably more that she was a good townie.

Alex looks worst to me, but thats probably coming from OMGus, i trained Ciato yes, but when i realised it was a train i removed it (also wanted the game out of joke vote and into serious, there was way too much silence).

As for lady door i know i haven't posted much, i am limited with my time frame hence i will try to make meaningful posts when i can, LaL is common thing to do day 1 and was exactly what i was doing, voting for the Lurker so they would post more.

Reason i was resigned to the lynch is i wouldn't be around until deadline and without any way to defend myself i could see little way of getting myself off the leading vote train hence my flailing.

The quick train on me i need to look at which is pretty simple, Lady Door, QR and Alex.

Every game i seem to think Alex is scum, it always happens so i won't vote for him as it seems paranoia + omgus driving my desire to vote for him.

However i can see the purpose of the votes coming from QR it's to promote conversation which was my aim with the vote on Strago, however he didn't respond and it turned into a full blown lynch.

QR looks town to me.

Anyway running low on time so.
Rat i'm interested in your thoughts on people you generally have an accurate read on people.
Corwin - Post more, period, you seem more lurkerish than Lady Door atm, then again it could just be a timing issue.
Tom your being a lot more quieter than usual i'm also interested in your thoughts.

Alex/Lady Door look worst, Lady my usual newbie cautiousness is holding me back, either way these 2 are where i'm tempted to put my vote on.

My vote i will save until i get home tonight, 4-5 hours from now.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2008, 06:22:41 AM »
Well. That's an inauspicious start.

Smodge better know he's in for some posting, but he's not the only one whom I find puzzling, so I'll focus on Lady Door, myself. First of all, lurker? Me? Where do you come off saying that? Really, is it too much to ask not to expect me to post while I sleep or while there's hammer and thus a night phase?

Let's look at your day 2 posts so far:

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=363.msg7449#msg7449

You're saying Strago and I lurked. Except my 'lurking' took place after I participated (admittedly, in day 1 posting) and then went to bed. Also, the entire second paragraph talks about LAL as an option and discusses candidates... before moving off from it. I don't like the way you're naming me without actually committing to it, even with a FoS or whatever.

The fourth paragraph is likewise puzzling. After already stating she believes smodge seems scummy in paragraph 3, she then goes on to say she understands where he's coming from and disagrees with Alex's original case. And in the end the previous reason smodge looks scummy... no longer is relevant, because what matters is that Ciato didn't like him? Now, I agree that's a perfectly valid reason to demand explanations out of smodge, but what happened to all your previous thoughts for and against his guilt? Do they just magically disappear?

Eh, and you're saying there are no other people to look at? In the same post you're saying you disagree with Alex's reasons for voting smodge day 1? Yeah, it may be an even flimsier reason to vote a person, but that doesn't preclude you from looking at him. So why aren't you? Because you honestly think smodge is scum, or because you're going for the easy target?

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=363.msg7462#msg7462

The next post, quoted here in its entirety:

... um. Sorry. That's me not paying attention to what a huge difference 2 people missing makes to the number of people it takes to confirm a lynch. 

Bah, smilie won't get c/p'd. Whatever. Seriously, how do you read http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=363.msg7414#msg7414 , the actual post you're basing your vote on (Ciato's death/flip) and miss this mod line: "Perhaps I also should have mentioned, with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch?"

...on rereading, there's an edit on that post, so it could've been edited before she saw it but not before I did. Hmm, anyone mind confirming this bit for me? For the record, I still think it's puzzling someone would just lose track in a small game where all the previous votes for smodge are on this very same page and the total list of players is just two pages away... but it would be less decisive, so yeah.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=363.msg7486#msg7486

LD's third post today. I... don't buy her response to Tom.

Now, however... she both mentions that Alex unvoting puts smodge at -2... and unvotes herself! What. Let's reiterate. Smodge is now at 1 vote! It would take 3 more to lynch him! Why the hell are you removing your vote at this time if you really believe he's guilty (and you say that later in that same post!)?

If you realize you've made a mistake voting for him in the first place (though your response to Tom, again, doesn't sound like you believe that), then how is making another bad move even remotely a good idea? Unless you're flailing. And you indeed hurriedly look for another target. Me? Why are you worried about not hearing from me at 5:26am, pray tell?

I'm... still worried about having not heard from Corwin at this point, though. He hasn't posted since noon yesterday and I know he's been posting to VtM, soooo. Yeah.

YES. I was posting in VtM where there had been no hammer/night phase during my waking hours. And you know, reading this third post was what made me type all that up, because VtM had a lengthy, heated discussion over extensions, and the use of timelines was brought up. I know I commented on mine being different from the US ones. I know you read those posts while making a comprehensive read of the thread to support a case on Alex. So where does the disconnect come from?

##Vote: Lady Door

Make with the explanations yourself, why don't you?

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2008, 06:42:18 AM »
Tom your being a lot more quieter than usual i'm also interested in your thoughts.
Talk about the kettle calling the pot black. I'm sure I've been more active than you.
By the way, it's "more quiet" or "quieter", not both. Though, I've corrected your grammar, so according to TouHou mafia I must be scum >.>

You say you'd like to hear my thoughts? Why is that exactly? Does asking for my thoughts mean you don't have to provide your own?

My thought on Lady Door are a few minor slipups, but that doesn't convince me that she's scum. I don't buy into the whole 'bad play = scum or bad town so lynch both' thing. So nothing there from me yet.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2008, 06:49:29 AM »