Author Topic: DL Tweak League - Pool 1  (Read 2447 times)

Taishyr

DL Tweak League - Pool 1
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »
1) Relm (FF6 SNES)
DL legal equip options
Phoenix, Carbuncle materia mastered (Spells: Reflect, Haste, Safe, Shell, WARP, Cure3, Life3, Fire3)
Sponsor: Taishyr

4) Dias (SO2 PSX)
DL legal + two Atlas Ring accessories.
No other changes
Sponsor: super

7) Yulie (WA4)
DL legal + Castle Wall (null first attack/attack chain in a battle), Speed Skates (improve speed first turn to ~Jude's level, not guaranteed but likely), Knight Guard (DEF +25, MGP -25) accessories
No other changes
Sponsor: SnowFire

12) Quistis
DL legal + 100 Full-lifes -> HP-J, 4x Status Defense junction slots, 1x Elemental Defense junction slot.
No other changes. (Estimated result: Quistis is 2.2x PCHP, limit is 0.77x PCHP)
Sponsor: SnowFire

15) Meru
Equips changed: see this post.
No other changes.

17) DL DEFENDER Nel Zepher

Relm vs. Dias
Relm vs. Yulie
Relm vs. Quistis
Relm vs. Meru
Relm vs. Nel

Dias vs. Yulie
Dias vs. Quistis
Dias vs. Meru
Dias vs. Nel

Yulie vs. Quistis
Yulie vs. Meru
Yulie vs. Nel

Quistis vs. Meru
Quistis vs. Nel

Meru vs. Nel

Voting closes in ~1 week.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: DL Tweak League - Pool 1
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 01:27:21 AM »
Relm vs. Dias: Goes first and OHKOs.
Relm vs. Yulie: Control
Relm vs. Quistis: Control
Relm vs. Nel: Edit: Elemental leather

Dias vs. Yulie: Think he OHKOs though protect + the accessory
Dias vs. Quistis: SO2 characters have great damage control, and he can easily break 80% PCHP.
Dias vs. Nel: Faster with the 2HKO. He'll probably want a weaker, faster KM to insure the speed advantage while still having the 2HKO.

Yulie vs. Quistis: Closer than I thought, but Yulie never triple turns, and gaia hoop physical + sacrifice isn't 2x average damage even with full HP (which she won't have because quistis is constantly whipping her.) So Quistis gets a limit off, bad breath to the rescue again.
Yulie vs. Nel: Unless WA4 could get freeze.

Quistis vs. Nel: Chooses to block ice.

Dias: 4-0
Quistis: 2-2
Relm: 2-2
Nel: 2-2
Yulie: 0-4
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:53:36 AM by Monkeyfinger »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 01:50:17 AM »
Relm vs. Dias- Fast OHKO, Relm can't do anything about it.
Relm vs. Yulie- EDIT: Right, Cat Hood didn't halve MP costs. She runs out of resources.
Relm vs. Quistis- Status.
Relm vs. Meru- Whoof, fire 3. She also resists ice, which really dampens Meru's damage. EDIT: Right, she gets two BSDs. That is enough to heal lock Relm offhand.

Dias vs. Yulie- OHKO through Protect.
Dias vs. Quistis- Chip chip chip chip SMASH.
Dias vs. Meru- Ice resistance and overkill physicals are too much here.

Yulie vs. Quistis- EDIT: Oversold Yulie's damage a little. She probably has to deal with one round of possible limit damage, but that isn't a huge deal since she should only touch on the top part.
Yulie vs. Meru- Protect. Meru may do it with a weapon status, but I donno. Yulie is hard to kill with magic.

Quistis vs. Meru- OHKOs past a limit range in her sleep. EDIT: Ice blocking. Never mind!

Dias: 4-0
Yulie: 3-1
Quistis: 2-2
Meru: 1-3
Relm: 0-4
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:17:01 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 01:52:36 AM »
Relm vs. Dias - Huh, I'm going to assume that Relm's Fire3 is a bit better than Celes' Ice3 in the stat topic, meaning above average damage but nothing special.  Still, above average damage is enough to horribly OHKO the massively elemental weak Dias.  Speedoff as whoever goes first OHKOs, but apparently Relm is mildly above average speed, so sure.  (Dias without Atlas Rings runs into Safe / Healing.)
Relm vs. Yulie - Yulie has MP Absorb.  And Yulie's rare counters heal her MP and HP a bit too.  Relm with no MP is sad.  (Arguably Relm could Rflect Yulie to stop her healing...  but that stops Relm's offense too, unless she Rflects herself as well, in which case Yulie just bounces the healing off Relm.  And it only stops Yulie's healing if she opened on an elemental hex anyway, thanks to Material.)
Relm vs. Quistis - Quistis was given an Elemental Junction too?  Okay, yeah, Junction Firaga and laugh at Relm's Sketch & Paintbrush based offense.  Relm would have lost anyway...  while Memento Ring nails Degenerator, and Shockwave Pulsar is actually vaguely sorta survivable (I'd gutcheck the Pulsar at around 2 PCHP damage, which if Shell helps just miiiiiiight be survivable.  Regardless, there's Life3, which turns into a coinflip as two average speed characters race to get a turn and finish the other off, which would  be probably Quistis since she just needs to hit attack, while Relm needs to select Magic.)...  Bad Breath is still evil with Relm in a Blind Berserk haze.  By the time she Life3 wakes up, it's against a Mighty Guarded / White Winded / Hasted Quistis who just whips her dead again.
Relm vs. Meru - Huh.  Relm is getting constantly doubled but has better resources for once.  EDIT: Meru can also threaten a doublecast Blue Sea Dragon with 150 max MP and a 10 MP regen...  and Meru can play defensively too, huh.  She's got 50% healing for 20 MP...  that won't keep up with a steady rain of Fire3s, but damnit.  Relm might run out of MP AGAIN.  Relm's got 410 MP, Fire3 costs 53 MP or so, she's going to need to heal as well...  yeah, fail, Relm.  (And she probably loses anyway to doublecast BSD.)
Relm vs. Nel - MP busted.  Fire3 eats resources faster than Nel's Healing anyway.

Dias vs. Yulie - If Dias equips the Atlas Ring: Yulie OHKOs with Material if starting on an elemental hex, spends a turn moving to one if she doesn't (guaranteed to be one next door with 3/7 hexes having one).  Skates & Castle Wall means that spending that turn is no problem.  If Dias does not equip the Atlas Ring: Good luck breaking through Quicken / Protect, with Castle Wall fending off the first assault.  (Amusingly enough, Claude would probably win this thanks to Stunning from the Eternal Sphere.)  Dias might not break through Quicken/Protect even if you disallow Yulie moving thanks to the Knight Badge, actually.  EDIT: Dias resists ice?  Eh, Yulie is guaranteed all three choices if she starts in the center hex, or two choices in another hex.  Even if one choice is Ice, she still can pick another WA4 element that Dias is weak to.
Dias vs. Quistis - Atlas Dias has OHKO level damage?  If so, sure, breaks past the limit.
Dias vs. Meru - EDIT: Dias resists Ice?  Okay, so Atlas Rings aren't quite every single elemental weakness then.  Yeah, Dias wins solidly then.  According to chat the Armor of Legend shouldn't help quite as much as expeted, so Dias might be OHKOing anyway, and Meru is basically heal-locked since she has to double-heal every double turn.
Dias vs. Nel  - With Atlas Rings: OHKO (Nel's Mirror Slice is elemental, right, doesn't just look it?).  Without: Nel 2HKOs first?  While both are ARPG "average" speed, definitely would tiebreak for Nel who has longer range and feels "faster."

Yulie vs. Quistis - Yulie's Sacrifice isn't avoiding a limit.  Bad Breath'd.
Yulie vs. Meru - Yulie does her Quicken / Protect thing, Meru can't break through.  But neither can she.  Yulie's damage is normally physical too, ugh.  Her only chance is something like spamming Fire-elemental Materiels from 100 FP and having that get past Meru's constant healing once she's put under serious threat.  While Yulie is rarely getting a bit of an MP boost, Meru's MP restoration is far more consistent, so she wins the resource war.
Yulie vs. Nel - Sadly for Yulie, her MP Absorb ability costs MP, so once Nel has busted it to 0 she's stuck hoping for a counter-heal.  Gooooood luck.

Quistis vs. Meru - Can't evade the limit, Degenerated.  Junctioning Blizaga to E-Defense is also bad news.
Quistis vs. Nel - MP damage is bad news for junctioned FF8.  Can Nel target Healing at enemies?  Even if she can't, I'm sure she can MP-bust Quistis before knocking her to limit range, which would remove her Death Status-J, then Ice Daggers.

Meru vs. Nel - Ice Daggers.  Oh the irony.

Nel: 5-0
Quistis: 3-2
Yulie: 3-2
Meru: 2-3
Dias: 2-3
Relm: 1-4

Nel succesfully defends the DL in a ruthless MP massacre.  Interesting.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:42:51 AM by SnowFire »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 03:36:36 AM »
Relm vs. Quistis - As the others have said: resist Fire, get Limit easily, Bad Breath -> Win.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 06:17:57 AM »
Relm vs. Dias- Even if you don't allow Mithril Shield, Pleadies Sword+Evil Boosting should prevent the OHKO anyways (While still letting him scrape up barely OHKO damage).
Relm vs. Yulie
Relm vs. Quistis
Relm vs. Meru- Maybe if Fire 3 wasn't so MP intensive!
Relm vs. Nel

Dias vs. Yulie
Dias vs. Quistis
Dias vs. Meru- Dias is doing like 2 PC HP damage.
Dias vs. Nel

Yulie vs. Quistis
Yulie vs. Meru- Hmm, the headache match. Yulie normally about 5HKOs to me. But that opening Protect off better speed+getting in another attack...man, I don't know here. Attrition match that I'd probably have to really math out. Hmm, Yulie's normal physical hit rate here could be sub 40%, which wouldn't help.
Yulie vs. Nel- Yulie is helped by her Mdef, but Nel's MP damage hitting Yulie's defense hurts.

Quistis vs. Meru
Quistis vs. Nel- Freeze fails against ice nulling right?

Meru vs. Nel- Ditto above?

Dias 4-1 (2 PC HP attack is nasty)
Relm 0-5
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »
Mirror Slice is not elemental (otherwise Nel would be worse post game than she usually is. Her best damage Whirlwind + passives is resisted by the super bosses and Divine Wrath isn't that practical in game)

Relm vs. Dias- What Meeple said.
Edit: Control!?
Relm vs. Yulie Magical girl vs Magical girl! Magical girl that doesn't run out of magic wins.
Edit: No Control. I *think* WA4 has a confuse blocker
Relm vs. Quistis-
Edit: No Control. Confuse can be junctioned to status defence?
Relm vs. Meru- Resists Ice but not Powered Up Psyche Bomb X!
Edit: No Control. Turn 1 dragoon or LoD stat blocker. If Relm is allowed to change her accessories I'm assuming other characters are also?
Relm vs. Nel- Firaga 3 with Relm's mighty magic power toasts Nel! ... Or it would if Nel didn't go first, didn't resist elements with Elemental Leather ...

Dias vs. Yulie- Fairly sure Yulie starts with FP so I think Snow Fire's arguments work.
Dias vs. Quistis - Goes first, splat.
Dias vs. Meru- See post below.
Dias vs. Nel-Gut check. Nel is faster, has healing/status and ... yeah.

Yulie vs. Quistis - Can't Yulie just chip until she can blow past a limit with Sacrifice?
Yulie vs. Meru- MP Regen is good mmyes.
Yulie vs. Nel-Think Nel goes first and if so she's doing brutal damage so ... if she doesn't outright OHKO she can probably force Yulie to a heal lock here.

Quistis vs. Meru - Hmm, would going first with Psyche Bomb X help Meru any? Or even later with a Powered Up Psyche Bomb X? For the record Psyche Bomb is the second strongest attack in LoD apart from BSD.
Quistis vs. Nel-Eh Nel can avoid an instant death limit from Quistis with an Anti Incapitation accessory anyway and unless Shockwave Pulsar OHKOs Nel has little to fear here. Edit: Oh right Bad Breath. Need to think again/more on this then, Nel has another accessory slot free to block petrify but sleep and blind can do evil things to SO3 characters. Argh.

Edit 2 - Changed vote. Bad Breath also has silence, poison and confuse. ID, petrify, silence, poison, confuse ... Nel can't block them all and SO3 characters hate confusion/chaos besides. Yeah.

Can Nel OHKO? Hmm.

I like Snowfire's argument but I'm not sure I'd see MP Busting working on FF8 junctions myself. MP Busting/draining in general really, not just Nel's. I forget if there was a way to test this in game FF8.

Meru vs. Nel - I want to say that either Meru goes first, transforms and avoids being frozen by Ice Daggers through dragoon status immunity (yes I'd allow Meru starting SP for this, it is the twink league after all =P) or that the evade from the Armour of Legend is enough to prevent Ice Daggers from scoring a freeze on Turn 1. Once *in* dragoon form Meru most likely toasts Nel for SO3 doesn't have any stellar magic defence characters to speak of and Nel has below average HP. Granted she could be allowed the Valkyrie Garb for this. Hmmm.

Dhyer freeze does fail vs ice nulling yeah but Meru isn't wearing the BSD armour here (unless you allow her to switch =-))

Rest later~

« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:25:42 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 03:03:28 PM »
Relm vs. Dias: Wait, where's this "Dias goes first" thing coming from?  Relm's got like 44 FF6 speed, which is much higher than average, and she can boost it slightly further.  Like hell do I see an ARPG character suddenly as fast as that.  That said, Dias' attack is subject to evasion, Relm's is not.  Also, Relm can cast Safe and nerf the OHKO.
And yes, Relm's Fire 3 is better than Celes' Ice 3 (DL Celes has 50 Magic, Relm with her default set up has 54 Magic, which is higher than even Terra still.)
Relm vs. Yulie: Relm can't really kill Yulie.
Relm vs. Quistis: Yeah, being Mono-Elemental means Relm cannot possibly win this.
Relm vs. Meru: Kneejerking Relm runs out of resources here.
Relm vs. Nel: Elemental Leather.

Dias vs. Yulie: OHKOs despite Yulie's efforts to stop it.
Dias vs. Quistis: Fails to OHKO...but he can still chip and KO around the limit.
Dias vs. Meru: Legend Armor should let Meru Live, and she's got a huge speed edge.
Dias vs. Nel: OHKOs.

Yulie vs. Quistis: Yulie's not getting around the limit; Quistis eventually pulls off Bad Breath or something and fucks Yulie over completely that way.
Yulie vs. Meru: Kneejerk.
Yulie vs. Nel: Outresources.

Quistis vs. Meru: With her speed, hitting past a limit is well within realm of reason.
Quistis vs. Nel: Nel's damage was good enough to hit past a limit phase even with an HP score that high.

Meru vs. Nel: Nel can hit MP Damage so eventually Meru will be caught without much of them, I wanna say.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 02:04:17 AM »
Relm vs. Dias
Relm vs. Yulie
Relm vs. Quistis
Relm vs. Meru
Relm vs. Nel

Dias vs. Yulie
Dias vs. Quistis
Dias vs. Meru
Dias vs. Nel

Yulie vs. Quistis - Thinking that Yulie gets around the limit with a Material spam.
Yulie vs. Meru
Yulie vs. Nel

Quistis vs. Meru
Quistis vs. Nel

Meru vs. Nel

Meru 4-1
Dias 3-2
Quistis 3-2
Yulie 2-3
Nel 2-3
Relm 1-4

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »
... for some reason I always think Relm is slow >_> Sorry Meeple! Right. That changes things, I'll fix my vote later.

Huh I see I'm not the only one that thinks Meru has a chance against Dias. I did some testing this morning with my L43 Meru vs the final boss with the tweak set up she's using here. The attack the final uses that summons a swarm of sharp pointy things which normally just flat out kills Meru dead (I think it even has a chance of doing 2x her HP to her) was reduced to 800~ while she was in human form, that woud be reduced further if Power Up or dragoon form was up and even more if both (Power Up also reduces damage taken, dunno if people forgot) That's cutting the damage to a full HP Meru to 200~, possibly less. With LoD Defend + 50% evade from the Armour of Legend also Meru has plenty of damage reduction available. Yeah with Armour of Legend + Power Up + dragoon form I sincerely doubt Dias can OHKO through that. Dias might resist ice but Powered Up Psyche Bomb is also brutal (I did some testing on that too, 4600+~ a random that I think is weak to magic, 2800+ to a witch lady/druid thing) so he still has that and a threat of a Meru double to deal with. Edit: Dias takes double from magic w/th Atlas Ring equipped? Meru is going first and ... yeah.

*Corrections-
*Speed up is only double not triple agility for three turns
*BSD is only the strongest attack in the game under Blue Sea Dragon Special, outwith the dragoon special it's Psyche Bomb X
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:41:41 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 02:55:09 AM »
I just remembered that Relm has Control, and there's no good reason to ban it, here or in the DL proper. Edited my votes to reflect it.

It doesn't help against the star ocean folks (Dias kills her before she moves, Nel reacts to being controlled by just staring blankly and Relm can't attack while controlling someone) but the other two get owned.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 09:51:09 AM »
Hmmm ... I brought it up in chat last night but I dunno if it was caught, peeps should remember that in addition to cannot act confused/chaosed SO3 characters and enemies take % HP@MP damage at intervals, i.e each turn confused. Dunno if you forgot Monkey or just didn't find it relevant for factoring in or something =-)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »
That'd likely be viewed as a characteristic of the status rather than of the characters afflicted by it. FF6 Control isn't SO3 Confuse, so SO3 PCs under FF6 Control won't suffer mHP/MP damage. That's just not what FF6 Control does, it's what SO3 Confuse does.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »
*nods* Hrnn then I think I'd see FF6 Control doing what FF6 Control does period then with Relm being able to select Nel's options myself rather than her just staring blankly =P The staring blankly would be like SO3's cannot act confusion/chaos aspect no? I'm not sure I'd see one aspect w/o the other ... so easier just to say the status acts based on the user (Relm in this case) I thought Monkey was looking at how Control would work on characters based on how confusion acts in their game which is why I brought it up~
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:17:15 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »
Well, thing with FF6 Control is that Relm can only pick what an opponent can do while confused, more or less (at least, this is what I gathered from chat discussion last night. I'm not really a FF6 mechanics buff). So Monkey's view makes sense (since all Nel can do during confusion from the evidence you can gather is just stare blankly at the universe). YMMV, but that's why Control is a DL nightmare.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:18:56 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Taishyr

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »
It's still a pretty awesome move when it works, and it works a lot of the time. So. >_> This being said, consider this your official whip for votes, Snow. >_>

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 01:28:46 PM »
;_;

Relm vs. Dias - Say it with me: OHKO.
Relm vs. Yulie - Stalls until the end of time.
Relm vs. Quistis - Relm can't -damage- Quistis with anything worth noting. This is quite damning, and Quis -will- see a limit to blow Relm up (Bad Breath, most likely).
Relm vs. Meru - Fire 3 OHKOs. Meru's mdur isn't great in practice, particularly not off that setup.
Relm vs. Nel - Leather and freeze. Sounds like a BDSM idea, and now I need brain bleach.

Dias vs. Yulie - Doin' that OHKO daaaaaaaaancin'.
Dias vs. Quistis - You know, this is one of the few times I'd hype Dias speed, but nah. Just has the godly damage and solid damage control to chip. 3HKOing works wonders.
Dias vs. Meru - Yeah, not giving Legend Armor the credit it needs here.
Dias vs. Nel - OHKOin'.

Yulie vs. Quistis - Hurp durp Yulie chipping against -that- durability.
Yulie vs. Meru - Yulie tanks SBD like a champ and Meru's pressure on her is sorta lacking otherwise.
Yulie vs. Nel - Freeze shenanigans.

Quistis vs. Meru - Meru doesn't have the needed damage here either, I don't think. Since Quistis is blocking Ice, Psych Bomb is her alternative, which, while quite awesome in-game, is just okay damage in the DL. That's not really enough to handle Quistis' staggering limit range.
Quistis vs. Nel - Quistis is total freeze-bait and I don't believe Ice immunity gets freeze immunity in-game (I think I've killed Ice-immunes this way before, which is >___>). Have fun.

Meru vs. Nel - Meru is also total freeze-bait.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:35:17 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 01:42:23 PM »
Hmmm. You could be right, there is an "adds freeze effect" factor that can be synthed on equipment/comes on the Victory Trophy after all and that exists away from an element. It's quite possible that the factor could exist away from the element in Nel's case too. So I'm not surprised that you remember something like that *kicks self for not* Granted it's not like Nel *needs* to be any more evil in the DL! >_>

Edited my votos Tai =-)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:49:16 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 02:03:26 PM »
Relm vs. Yulie
Relm vs. Quistis
Relm vs. Nel

Yulie vs. Quistis
Yulie vs. Nel

Quistis vs. Nel
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 08:28:08 PM »
FF6 Control ALWAYS lets you select a basic physical, though.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
... for some reason I always think Relm is slow >_> Sorry Meeple! Right. That changes things, I'll fix my vote later.

Huh I see I'm not the only one that thinks Meru has a chance against Dias. I did some testing this morning with my L43 Meru vs the final boss with the tweak set up she's using here. The attack the final uses that summons a swarm of sharp pointy things which normally just flat out kills Meru dead (I think it even has a chance of doing 2x her HP to her) was reduced to 800~ while she was in human form, that woud be reduced further if Power Up or dragoon form was up and even more if both (Power Up also reduces damage taken, dunno if people forgot) That's cutting the damage to a full HP Meru to 200~, possibly less. With LoD Defend + 50% evade from the Armour of Legend also Meru has plenty of damage reduction available. Yeah with Armour of Legend + Power Up + dragoon form I sincerely doubt Dias can OHKO through that. Dias might resist ice but Powered Up Psyche Bomb is also brutal (I did some testing on that too, 4600+~ a random that I think is weak to magic, 2800+ to a witch lady/druid thing) so he still has that and a threat of a Meru double to deal with. Edit: Dias takes double from magic w/th Atlas Ring equipped? Meru is going first and ... yeah.

*Corrections-
*Speed up is only double not triple agility for three turns
*BSD is only the strongest attack in the game under Blue Sea Dragon Special, outwith the dragoon special it's Psyche Bomb X

Armor of Legend gives Meru 194 Defense at L40 (Cuts Physicals by maybe 70%, which is slightly overpowered by her HP. So OHKO by 94%). Dias does well...about 2.4 PC HP (Less if you give him speed credit in place a 3turn w/ recharge and charge times, but if that happens, Meru isn't that much happier in the match anyways). So Meru can halve that the first turn with Power Up and Defending and then maybe avoid being OHKOed with Evasion (50% Evasion, but Dias is at the top of the accuracy chart, which means that he probably cuts into evasion pretty well). So Meru really is struggling to avoid being OHKOed turned.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »
*nods* Fair enough. I take Meru at higher levels myself but I'm guessing that doesn't make much of a difference? Heh I'm not sure why I bothered giving Meru equipment to improve her P Dur if she's just going to bite it anyway >_>

Relm and Fire 3 ... is perhaps the equivalent of Faust and his huge ass special attacks (the ones that cause Albert and Kongol a world of hurt and death) Yet I don't remember if even those outright kill Meru and they wouldn't through Power Up/Dragoon defence/Defend so I doubt Relm does through those either ... I don't think there's an argument about Meru going first? Meru may even double with Speed Down ... so it could go Speed Down > Power Up. I don't know if it's feasible but perhaps Meru could Defend until Relm runs out of MP? I don't know if some people were allowing Meru to switch between Blue Sea armour/DL legal equips and Armour of Legend, a while ago in chat I thought Armour of Legend would lower Meru's magic defence a lot but when I checked the game it didn't lower it by as many points as I thought.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 12:55:33 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Taishyr

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 06:12:55 AM »
Because I've been mostly AFK from the computer.

24 hr. warning.