Author Topic: 2009-2010 Football Season - I really think Dune needs a bigger hug right now!  (Read 35622 times)

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
It wouldn't surprise me. The problems with the Browns start at the top. Players tend to improve after leaving a team like that. Look at the Raiders.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
He's too slow for my liking.

I'm not saying he is slow. Just slow for an elite WR.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
I am cheering for the Patriots at this game. The end is near.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
Hey it's all good I'm sure Brady and moss will be cheering on miami Monday night!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Maaaaaan the Chiefs are an embarrassment. They get a fumbled punt on Dallas 30, they are in position to do awesome things!! and they lose seven yards. God, fail.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
Bills/Browns was the LOL of the week.

Derek Anderson had THREE completions and won the game, oh one of them was an INT.

The top of NFL is pretty clear cut but pointing out the scrub teams is much harder.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
0-5 baby and possibly getting worse with each week!

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
0-5 baby and possibly getting worse with each week!

Great time to be a Florida football fan!  LOLphins, Suckeneers, and Jacksonsquat have a 3-11 record!  Still not as bad as the Chiefs!

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
Hey now...

Dolphins are better then what their record implies.

I see a strong bounce back game against the Jets tonight!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Bills/Browns was the LOL of the week.

Derek Anderson had THREE completions and won the game, oh one of them was an INT.

The top of NFL is pretty clear cut but pointing out the scrub teams is much harder.

Bwahahahahaa that RULES.

Also, Missouri sucks.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
F U C K

FUCK YOU JETS!!!!!!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
You guys are bad. Sorry.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
BREAKING NEWS

Redskins status: We fucking suck! Repeat, the Redskins blow goats! Thank you.

* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
At least the Dolphins have an offensive line that is worth a damn.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
ugh.  As a Boston fan,the only positive development out of this crappy weekend was a Jets loss and the Bruins squeaking out an OT win against the Islanders.  Where's the nearest bridge?
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Redskins-are-first-in-history-to-play-six-straig?urn=nfl,195479

::Insert talk about rubbing salt in wounds, beating dead horses and other such appropriate cliches here::

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
That's great.

~

Bring on Carolina!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Ciato’s Power Rankings

32. St. Louis Rams (0-5): -112 in points for vs. points against, with a total of 34 points scored. Are you kidding me? This team is horrendous. Their offense is anemic and their defense is hideously bad.

31. Kansas City Chiefs (0-5): The state of Missouri is cursed. Woof. Grasping defeat from the hands of victory last week against a crumbling Cowboys team, and otherwise some pretty hideous games and a completely joke of a game against Oakland. Oakland gets the nod here for winning, but not much of a nod.

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-5): They have a QB problem is the big thing. Josh Johnson seems to be filling the role of rookie QB well enough, but this team really needs to gel a bit before they are going to have success. On my part I feel vindicated because I am a Jon Gruden fangirl. The Bucs have been the whipping boys of the other bad teams of the league, which is a bad sign.

29. Oakland Raiders (1-4): They were really good in their first game versus the Chargers, which I watched. They basically let the game go in the fourth quarter and outplayed Chargers pretty hardcore in the first three. 47.1 QB rating for JaMarcus Russell. This is just… beyond bad. Wow.

28. Buffalo Bills (1-4): I didn’t realize this before, but holy crap the Bills are bad. I find that being competitive toward the Patriots is something, but at the same time, I lean more toward that being a rivalry thing which makes most games closer. Their only win is against the Bucs, and they have looked pretty hideous otherwise. Lost an epic slapfight with Cleveland. Hilariously.

27. Washington Redskins (2-3): The only team in NFL history who has played six winless teams in a row (okay, the NY Giants is sort of cheating, but still!), and yet they are 2-3 (pending KC game). The two teams they beat are the Bucs and the Rams, who are a bad joke, and they had to dig in to beat both of them. Xorn, you are terrible. Get fired plz.

26. Cleveland Browns (1-4): In an incredibly hideous laughfest, the Browns get their first win with their quarterback going 2-17. Are you KIDDING me? He threw half as many interceptions as completed passes. And they still won. This team is a joke. Also seems like when their players go to other teams they magically become better. Cleveland is a black hole for young players.

25. Tennessee Titans (0-5): Despite their record, they seem clearly better than all the teams above this. While the teams with higher winning percentages have had the chance to scavenge wins from even more hideous, pathetic teams, Tennessee has had a pretty rough schedule. The one big point against them is that grotesque loss to Jacksonville. They’ve gotten less competitive in the last couple of weeks for sure, but their schedule gets more cupcakey.

24. Carolina Panthers (1-4): This team is really mediocre, but has played some higher caliber teams than the previously mentioned teams. I think a better feel of this team is needed, I haven’t watched them yet and none of their losses stand out as hideously bad.

23. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-3): Pretty much even with Detroit, but since this is for specifically this week of football, and they got MANHANDLED by the Seahawks. Both teams are competitive with good opponents, but Detroit was this week.

22. Detroit Lions (1-4): This 0-16 is just so much better this year. I watched a good portion of a couple of their games (for whatever reason, a Detroit network comes in here on Sundays sometimes). They looked really good against the Steelers, for all that it was too little too late in that case. The very eeeeeek loss to the Bears stands out to me as terrible.

21. Houston Texans (2-3): The Texans are kind of boring. Beat bad teams, lose to good teams. They are pretty straightforward in the mediocre department. They definitely don’t seem to have the same rhythm as a couple other teams slightly above them, which is why I give the downward nod.

20. Seattle Seahawks (2-3): Aside from the SPANKING they gave the Jaguars, this team is sort of bad. I debated between them and the Dolphins, but in the end, they do have a game in common, and the Dolphins were actually competitive in it.

19. Dallas Cowboys (3-2): This team is a trainwreck waiting to happen. I’ve seen a couple of their games and they are pretty mediocre. That Chiefs game was painful like stabbing yourself in the eye with an ice pick. Better than the Bills vs. Browns at least.

18. Arizona Cardinals (2-2): I’m not sure between Seattle and Arizona, but I think that shall be decided this weekend.

17. Miami Dolphins (2-3): I’m not quite as impressed with their wins as some of the other teams, but their losses are also not too impactful.

16. San Diego Chargers (2-2): I dunno. This is not an impressive team at all to me, I watched team play the Raiders and it was ugly. Otherwise they have bent over and took it from the AFC North and beat a pretty mediocre Dolphins team.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2): This ain’t last year’s champs, bro. They have had some really fun close games. Tennessee vs. Pitt was fabulous.

14. San Francisco 49ers (3-2): They are pretty good at feasting on their pretty crappy division but they were downright horrendous last week. I’d know, as I started their fantasy football defense. I love Mike Singletary and I am ROOTING for this team.

13. Chicago Bears (3-1): I feel like the overall quality of their schedule thus far is quite a bit lower than the Packers’, and I think that people overestimating the Steelers’ quality this season is why this point is overlooked.

12. Green Bay Packers (2-2): Both of their losses are against really solid teams, and they beat the Bears. I find this team potentially concerning because half of the Rams’ points this season are against them, and their offensive line is pretty hideous. Still, I feel like they have proven more than the Bears despite the worse record.

11. Philadelphia Eagles (3-1): Despite their record, they have proven basically nothing as a team. They have whipped up on three bad teams and got owned in the face by New Orleans. This rating is in progress.

10. New York Jets (3-2): Their one big win against New England was nice for them, but they’ve come out flat and lost two in a row. New England really felt like they had to win it after all that trash talk…

9. Baltimore Ravens (3-2): A double-whammy of pretty ugly, slugging-it-out losses. It’s a really big disappointment for the Ravens to lose both of those. I still think they are good, but they’ve definitely been exposed.  They get the nod over the Jets because they have played more solid football overall.

8. New England Patriots (3-2): This is a solid team that lost in a heartbreaker to the Broncos. Fuck the NFL’s overtime rules.

7. Atlanta Falcons (3-1): They gave a good ol’ fashioned asswhipping to the Niners, proving that even the best in the West is still not great. Ryan seems to lack sophomore slump.

6. Cincinnati Bengals (4-1): Should be 5-0. Screw the Broncos. Lucky bastards. I’m tempted to put the Bengals above the Broncos anyway because they’ve been hell impressive, but I can’t do it in a good conscience since I know I hate the Broncos.

5. Denver Broncos (5-0): *sulk*

4. New Orleans Saints (5-0): This team has a great defense and the passing game is hax thanks to the underappreciated man of the hour, but their running game is pretty embarrassing. If they could get that in motion I think they’d be #1.

3. Minnesota Vikings (5-0): What a hellicious team. Their offense seems to be running on all cylinders, they have Brett Favre playing like Brett Favre again, Percy Harvin is quite the rookie stud even if he’s a punk, and of course AD. A non-anemic passing game + AD is beautiful offensively. Their defense is nice too --- how many times did they sack Aaron Rodgers again? Fuck the Vikings.

2. New York Giants (5-0): MANNINGS. Great defense. Largest points for vs. against stat at +80. Pretty bad competition overall but yeaaah.
1. Indianapolis Colts (5-0): MANNINGS. Peyton is a player of beauty. Colts are just dominant.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:46:25 PM by Ciato »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
Josh Johnson isn't a rookie!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
It is his first time playing is what I meant, but if you want to be a jerkass about it then sure I am wrong.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
They sacked Aaron Rodgers eight times. It was usually both tackles getting beaten on the sacks as well! (Allen Barbre get the fuck out of Green Bay)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Argh. :(

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
See what happens when we tease everyone that the creamsickle jerseys are coming back?

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
*looks at NE/Tennessee game*

*mouth drops*