Register

Author Topic: Plot Power Tourney - Round 3  (Read 3617 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Plot Power Tourney - Round 3
« on: February 13, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »
Last Week's results:
Godlike

Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Purim (SoM) 8-0
Geshp (SF2) vs. Zog (BoF1) 0-6
Odd Eye (SF2) vs. Altima (FFT) 0-6
Magus (CT) vs. Myria (BoFs) 0-10

Heavy

Emily (S3) vs. Alena (DW4) 3-6
Zeno (BoF5) vs. Knight (FF1) 6-2
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Jaheira (BGs) 3-2
Maya Schrodinger (WA3) vs. Rose (LoD) 0-9

Middle

Bowman Jean (SO2) vs. Warlock (S4) 9-0
Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Porom (FF4) 9-0
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Blanca (SH2) 8-1
Belselk (WA) vs. Kukuru (AtLC) 3-2 (The closest Middle match is this? ...crazy.)

Light

Rikimaru (S2) vs. Gadget Z (S3) 2-7
Mustadio Buranza (FFT) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2) 0-8
Roy (S5) vs. Rufus Shinra (FF7) 2-7
Aeris Gainsborough (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3) 4-5

Apart from the awesome Aeris/Virginia match, not too many close ones this week. But this week's matches certainly look a lot different from their original Season 32 counterparts.

Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8)
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Chaos (FFI)
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1)
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs)

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Kanon (WA2)
Brad Evans (WA2) vs. Serge (CC)
Alena (DW4) vs. Zeno (BoF5)
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD)

Middle

Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT)
Rath (FE7) 4-6 vs. Mog (FF6)
Warlock (S4) vs. Jude Maverick (WA4)
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA)

Light

Galleon (S5) vs. Sid (S2)
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8) 0-7
Gadget Z (S3) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2)
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3)

One week till it's tallied.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Plot Power Tourney - Round 3
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »
Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8): Remember, Empyrea was pretty much weakened by holding off Rhapthorne in another dimension and essentially split from the realm where she had immense power.  Belial, as I stated before, her power isn't to the magnitude that people are seriously hyping it.
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Chaos (FFI): Evil Generic 8 Bit Final Boss God of DARKNESS thing vs. Space Pope.
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1): BoF Dragons have insane plot power as a rule, at least, those that still have power, and Zog is one of those.
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs): And Myria tends to match the strongest of them.

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Kanon (WA2): Bionic Woman Assassin vs. your generic general.
Brad Evans (WA2) vs. Serge (CC): I think somewhere in all CC's insanity, the Chrono Cross and Masamune are suppose to be some sort of psycho powerful artifacts and Serge has BOTH, that should matter more than a Rail Gun.
Alena (DW4) vs. Zeno (BoF5): Again, she's a generic Warrior Princess, against someone who is a fairly high rank in a society where Power is indicative of everything.
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD): Nina 4's powers are really not much on plot power at all, Rose meanwhile has the whole Dragoon thing going for her at least.

Middle

Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT): Luna's still Althena in the grand scheme of things, and Gafgarion's still a normal, if well skilled, human.
Rath (FE7) 4-6 vs. Mog (FF6): FF6 Moogles > Average Humans and Anthropomorphic wolves according to FF6's few plot scenes!  Also, Mog still has minor terrain manipulation <.<
Warlock (S4) vs. Jude Maverick (WA4): WA4 likes to hype its ARMs, matters more than Warlock who has little plot to work off of.
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA): Good Fight, actually, though in the end, Mid-boss was defeated several times with no Handicap, while Belselk took down RJ&C once (twice in ACF) and they ONLY beat him due to a handicap being instituted on him in their 3rd encounter, which combined with the whole "Strongest of the Quarter Knights in terms of Battle" thing...yeah...

Light

Galleon (S5) vs. Sid (S2): One of the Queen's Knights implies he's one of the elite and such, compared to Sid whose just another random Star.
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8): Normal Human vs. Hrist, who while weakened, still is somewhat stronger than your average human.
Gadget Z (S3) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2): Being able to turn INTO a Giant Mech > Boarding one works as a tiebreaker >.>
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3): Rufus is a normal human with a shotgun.  Virginia is one of 4 people who can access Mediums, and wields ancient weapons with actual practice and talent in using them (where as Rufus just kind of grabbed a shot gun and starts firing as far as we know)...yeah...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 09:34:18 PM »
Godlike
Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8) - Similar!  Both play with dimensions, both fight you in a weakened state.  Empyrea is weakened because of holding back Rhapthorne, who to be honest is kind of lacking as a final boss in terms of plot power.  Sure he does a lot of evil shit, but a lot of endgame bosses blow up planets etc.  Belial is weakened because she creates her own damn universe and makes it too big.  Leaning Belial based on the fact that she can create universes and that I think she only lost because she wanted to (her lover was dead!)  Awesomely close match though!
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1) - Super human vs Super Dragon tends to lean towards Dragon
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs) - God

Heavy
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD) Yeah, Dragoon > Nina

Middle
Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT) - Meep summed it up
Rath (FE7) 4-6 vs. Mog (FF6) - Can turn a Blizzard into a sunny day with 50% accuracy!  Take that Rath.
Warlock (S4) vs. Jude Maverick (WA4) - Not close

Light
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8) - Knight vs God

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
Though I can vote on quite a few of these, I care only about 3.

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8): Dimensional manipulation and transportation powers vs. someone who can freely jump between them, that'll come in handy. With these 2 plot powers cancelling out you are left with god vs. unremarkable demon.

Middle

Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT): Wasn't Luna the result of Althena purposefully saying "fuck godhood" and tossing aside everything tied to it, including the incredible powers? Meh.

Light

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8)-Empy's pretty powerful, but I'm still going with Create Your Own Universe > Move Between Dimensions as far as plot powers go. Also, unless I'm sorely misremembering, Empyrea states herself that she is not actually a god. So the God > Demon aspect doesn't hold.
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1)-I...don't know. I could see Cid pulling off a close victory over Zog. I could equally see Zog saying "foolish human, now do you understand the might of the Dark Dragons?" or somesuch. I'm really not sure here. EDIT: Yeah, I'll nod Zog here. Even Cid would need help taking down a Zodiac demon, and I'd put Zog over the lower ranked demons at least.
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs)-I'm quite sure on this one though. Zodiac demons are badasses, and Altima's the best of them. But she's not on Myria's level by any means.

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Kanon (WA2)-I give Darkham a bit more credit then 'generic geneal', but yeah, I'll buy Kanon beating him regardless.
Brad Evans (WA2) vs. Serge (CC)-Disecting this means getting into CC plot. I'm just handing this to Serge and moving on.
Alena (DW4) vs. Zeno (BoF5)-Easy enough
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD)-Dragoon > Human also works for Dragoon > Wyndian.

Middle

Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT)-Y'know what? I'm not voting on Luna's matches anymore. As much of a headache as Serge and far less clearcut.
Rath (FE7) vs. Mog (FF6)-I'm still :psyduck: over Rath beating Shana. Now he can die to Mog.
Warlock (S4) vs. Jude Maverick (WA4)-Rune Cannon to the FA*accelerator* ...huh, coulda sworn he was there a second ago. ALSO WA4 is very certain on the whole Jude>Adults thing.
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA)-I'm...really not sure. Leaning Berserk for mainly the reasons Meeple already laid out. EDIT: Hmm, Mid-Boss=Ziek in power actually makes sense. And Berserk is just a bit stronger then that.

Light

Galleon (S5) vs. Sid (S2)-Next.
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8)-Ouch. Poor Seth. Woulda loved to see him vs Galleon, but so it goes.
Gadget Z (S3) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2)-His vorpal blade goes snicker snack.
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3)-Rufus won't be able to buy off Virginia for starters. Then we have WA ARMS hype against a shotgun from a world where guns are nothing special. Then we have the fact that Virgina's a pretty good gunslinger while Rufus has no particular hype as being particulary good with his weapon. And that's before we get into Mediums and such.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:52:46 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 11:48:34 PM »
Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8)- Apart from what Gate said, and apart from beating Meeple in the face with "Gee, I suppose creating her own dimension doesn't weaken Belial AT ALL *eyeroll*", there's one reason that Belial's powers are insane and freaky in this sort of setting; spacial splice.  No, she never uses it this way.  No, I don't think this is a reason to believe she COULDN'T.
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Chaos (FFI)- The Space Pope has powers, but his world-destroying potential isn't innate.  Chaos' is.
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1)- Gut, honestly.
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs)- All things being equal, this is probably a contest.  But... my understanding is that things aren't equal, and the Zodiacs as seen in FFT are tied to their host's body, ie are technically mortalish, which is why Ramza's crew can actually beat them.  Myria doesn't have that problem.

Heavy

Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD)- Not really close matches.

Middle

Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT)- LUNAR PLOT DISCUSSION.  Okay, essentially Luna is Althena's spirit after she funnelled off her power into Lunar and reincarnated.  However, she had power in such excess that it didn't all transfer, and so even reincarnated she had an exceptional overflow of energy well in excess of any human.  While it seems implied that, before she reabsorbed some of Althena's dispersed energy, that Ghaleon at least was stronger than her, Luna was still at a sort of demi-Goddess level (mind, still a big step down from her Lenneth-like creation goddess powers).  Which is enough to beat Gaffy, anyways.
Rath (FE7) 4-6 vs. Mog (FF6)- Horsie get stuck in mud and rath fall downs.
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA)- Mid-Boss being on a rough par with Ziek seems intuitive to me.  Berserk is a notch above that.

Light

Galleon (S5) vs. Sid (S2)- QK == Elite, etc.
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8)- Cough.
Gadget Z (S3) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2)- Jin's portrayed as fairly badass.  Also guts a MWS or whatever in half.
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3)- Yeaaaah.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:28:23 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle
Rath (FE7) vs. Mog (FF6)
Midboss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA)

Light
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8)

No explanations this week.  Laziness.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 01:15:34 AM »
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Chaos (FFI): Blah blah blah.

Rath (FE7) vs. Mog (FF6): Terrain manipulation vs. a dude on a horse who happens to have a bow and a sword, and is better than your normal fighter dude.

Gadget Z (S3) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2): Has a tendency to FUCKING CUT GIANT ARMORED MILITARY MECHS THE FUCK IN HALF. Z's a barrel with some gimmicks that tends to routinely malfunction.
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3): Mediums and is shown practicing with a gun. Rufus has no plot power, Virginia is at least competent.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 03:10:39 AM »
Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8): If Empyrea were strong enough to win this she could have just pecked Rhapthorne's eyes out herself and saved the heroes a lot of trouble. "Crosses between dimensions" may let her ESCAPE Belial, but not beat her.
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1): Zog is better than Jade, while Orlandu is worse than Queklain. Plot is a funny thing. Anyway, while Jade/Queklain might actually be somewhat close, those two statements are still all you need to know to decide this match.
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs): No evidence that Altima's power can reach a global scobe.

Heavy

Brad Evans (WA2) vs. Serge (CC): I'm really not impressed with Serge at all; pretty sure his last win was a rob to me. That said, uh, beats I HAVE A RAILGUN.
Alena (DW4) vs. Zeno (BoF5): Random minority vote to stir up debate. Though admittedly we don't have too much info on either.
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD): Heavy champ.

Middle

Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT): I'm not sure how much of Althy's powers she has, but it doesn't take much to beat Gaff.
Rath (FE7) 4-6 vs. Mog (FF6): Yeah, turns the ground to mud or something.
Warlock (S4) vs. Jude Maverick (WA4): For once, "speed" sums up plot instead of gameplay! (Though hey, works for gameplay too.)
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA): Don't even see how this is could be considered close. ACF Berserk is crazy strong.

Light

Galleon (S5) vs. Sid (S2): ... yeah.
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8): Sure, I'll assume Level 1 Valkyrie > mortals. It's clearly implied in the opening I guess.
Gadget Z (S3) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2): Slice mech in half.
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3): Sure, mediums. Although eh, really tempted to vote Rufus on some nefarious plotting I'm sure he could get away with.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 03:55:13 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Rath (FE7) vs. Mog (FF6)
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA)

Light

Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 04:21:31 AM »
Godlike

Empyrea (DQ8)- Belial's power is space creation and manipulation, but she can not use the space itself as a weapon. Her best offence is to banish her enemies into a her own universe and seal them in there, which is completly useless in front of Lamia's dimension crossing abilities. And Belial's fire power outside her space maniluation isn't very high. While Lamia.... hell, she is not at full power when you fighter and she even handicaped herself... Yeah, Belial gets crushed.
Chaos (FFI)- The space pope might have a chance if you count Omega....
Zog (BoF1)- BoF dragons vs. human, this is obvious
Myria (BoFs)- I wonder, what is Ultima's plot power?

Heavy

Kanon (WA2)
Serge (CC)
Zeno (BoF5)
Rose (LoD)

Middle

Luna (Lunar1)- Alty power, even not at full, should be enough to drop Gafy.
Mog (FF6)
Jude Maverick (WA4)- Fuuny that Warlock has all th fire powe to crush Jude but would not have the chance to pull it out.
Belselk (WA)- Do I count Mid Boss's power when he is Krichsvkoy? I guess not.....

Light

Galleon (S5)
Hrist (VP1)
Jin Uzuki (XS2)
Virginia Maxwell (WA3)- Well, Rufus might have a chance if bribery is an option.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 04:59:25 AM »

Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8) - Surprised, but even full-power Belial is spoiled.  She creates a new dimension...  and Empyrea flies out of it.  Oops.
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Chaos (FFI) - Mechs are a headache in a plot power tourney (do you have access to them?), but Sergius actually isn't as bad as others - he can control his mech remotely and can also order Abel around.  And IIRC, it's implied in the archives in XS3 that his power is potentially galaxy-conquering and his ancestors used it to gain lots of power.  Chaos...  Chaos doesn't destroy the world, I thought?  He's a crafty human with a weird plan to live forever and rule, and gets a random demonic form for battle.  It's a close fight, but presumably a futuristic phase transfer cannon blast might do the trick here.
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1) - In a fair fight, yes, Zog is implied to win....  but Orlandu is a crafty general, and Zog has a weakness as well as getting outsmarted in-game.  Orlandu probably walks in with some D-Hurt or the like and wins.
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs) - The Bloody Angel has massive plot hype, but she's not a goddess, I'll grant that.

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Kanon (WA2) - Low Darkham respect in general.
Brad Evans (WA2) vs. Serge (CC) - Closer than before (which was a total rob for Serge), my general lack of respect for plot Serge continues.  (He'd beat Luna a division down using the Chrono Cross to play Alex's melody!  Not that it helps against Brad.)
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD) - Rose is a Godlike.

Middle

Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT) - Scaling Luna is tricky (again, no Althena for me).  Can she do things like summon one of the Four Dragons to help her?  What about other generic bursts of low-level magic power?  Anyway, part of Gaff's powers is MP-busting, and whatever access Luna has to her divine powers tends to be low in short bursts, so I'll lightly give it to Gaff here.
Rath (FE7) 4-6 vs. Mog (FF6) - Terrain manipulation vs. a nomad.  Hope his horse likes ice.
Warlock (S4) vs. Jude Maverick (WA4) - Jude dodges anything Warlock tries to throw at him.

Light

Galleon (S5) vs. Sid (S2) - Obvious.
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8) - If Seth was an FE8 noble with implied plot access to the various Sacred Twin superweapons, he'd get this!  But he isn't.
Gadget Z (S3) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2) - Jin chops up many robots.
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3) - This is a duel, and most of Rufus's flunkies are political in nature, not inherent to him.  Only way he'd have a shot at this.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 05:32:48 AM »
he can control his mech remotely and can also order Abel around.

That's Dimitri, not the space pope.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 06:19:11 AM »
Virginia Maxwell (WA3)- Well, Rufus might have a chance if bribery is an option.

You think Virginia of all people would give into Bribery?  Come on, Niu, you know better than that!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 07:25:36 AM »
Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8) - Empyrea. Belial's in the same league, but she doesn't have enough onscreen time to rack up the hype to beat Birdy. Really, how do you cope with a dimensional bird of paradise?
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1) - Orlandu. Emperor and dragon hype versus holy swordsman hype? Being called a god>being called a dragon.
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs) - Altima. Really, this is entirely a tossup. Both are godlike figures of immense power. This is more of a gut thing.

Middle

Luna (Lunar1) vs. Gafgarion (FFT) - Luna. I don't agree entirely with the stronger arguments in her favor, but even splitting the difference 80/20 against her is enough to beat Gaff.
Rath (FE7) vs. Mog (FF6) - Mog.
Warlock (S4) vs. Jude Maverick (WA4) - Jude. When in doubt, my gut goes against S4 hype.
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA) - Mid Boss.

Light

Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8) - Seth. I always have problems with VP1's Hrist for plot power. She's a Goddess, but she's clearly not on top of her game. Being right out of cold storage leaves her in less than optimal shape. Shit, I dunno. A half assed goddess in a world where mortal(spirits) are shown to become gods and thus be not entirely outclassed hurts her cause as well. To play to this, Seth is a competent knight who's had a lot of battle experience and is on top of his game.  I'll go Seth.
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3) - Virginia. Rufus has no plot powers being being a rich bitch.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 02:35:51 AM »
Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8)- Mep's breakdown works for me. EDIT: This was on AIM.
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Chaos (FFI)- Space pope is oddly not all that tough or resourceful without the UMN cannon.

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Kanon (WA2)- Uh what? Kanon's fairly tough but straight forward plotwise. Darkham destroys the UMN and creates a strong empire out of nothing and plays both sides of the human vs demios conflict perfectly for his plan of genocide. He can back it up in combat, both plot and otherwise- he's not going to lose to Kanon.
Alena (DW4) vs. Zeno (BoF5)- Alena's the best fighter in her world, Zeno's just a flunky.

Middle

Rath (FE7) 4-6 vs. Mog (FF6)
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA)- Midboss is rather impressive even with his limited powers. Eh. Seems close.

Light

Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8)- Seth's a smart veteran warrior. He'd be able to latch onto Hrist's weakness and exploit it- she's overconfident to a fault and weak, so a well placed trap should do her in. He's a good enough fighter to handle her from there.
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3)- I may buy some Rufus hype, but not against a Virginia type. Bribery won't work and trickery will net a bullet to the face.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 02:46:45 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Taishyr

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »
Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8) - When in doubt, trust Niu re: plot.
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1) - Close, but not... enough.
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs) - See Zog.

Heavy

Alena (DW4) vs. Zeno (BoF5) - See the arguments for Zeno; plus, Zeno gets flunky swarms. Arguably, Alena gets Cristo; Zeno gets mechs. Yeah, this leans toward Zeno to me.
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD) - lol nina plot hype.

Middle

Rath (FE7) 4-6 vs. Mog (FF6) - Dance your enemies away.

Light

muakaka

• Denizen
  • Needs. To. Be. Ranked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
Godlike

Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Purim (SoM) 8-0
Geshp (SF2) vs. Zog (BoF1) 0-6
Odd Eye (SF2) vs. Altima (FFT) 0-6
Magus (CT) vs. Myria (BoFs) 0-10

Heavy

Emily (S3) vs. Alena (DW4) 3-6
Zeno (BoF5) vs. Knight (FF1) 6-2
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Jaheira (BGs) 3-2
Maya Schrodinger (WA3) vs. Rose (LoD) 0-9

Middle

Bowman Jean (SO2) vs. Warlock (S4) 9-0
Jude Maverick (WA4) vs. Porom (FF4) 9-0
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Blanca (SH2) 8-1
Belselk (WA) vs. Kukuru (AtLC) 3-2 (The closest Middle match is this? ...crazy.)

Light

Rikimaru (S2) vs. Gadget Z (S3) 2-7
Mustadio Buranza (FFT) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2) 0-8
Roy (S5) vs. Rufus Shinra (FF7) 2-7
Aeris Gainsborough (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3) 4-5

Apart from the awesome Aeris/Virginia match, not too many close ones this week. But this week's matches certainly look a lot different from their original Season 32 counterparts.

Godlike

Belial (WA4) vs. Empyrea (DQ8) - When in doubt, always trust the sexier dueler.
Cidolfas Orlandu (FFT) vs. Zog (BoF1) - Close, Cid. VERY close.
Altima (FFT) vs. Myria (BoFs) - Last boss. for 3 friggin games.

Heavy

Brad Evans (WA2) vs. Serge (CC) - I CAN NOT BELIEVE I AM VOTING SERGE, OF ALL PEOPLE.
Nina Wyndia (BoF4) vs. Rose (LoD) - Nina? Plot? Well, maybe the fact she can fly.... but Rose can do that as well.

Middle

Warlock (S4) vs. Jude Maverick (WA4) - Accelerator > Most things in Middle.
Mid-Boss (Dis) vs. Belselk (WA) - Weakened by plot, so assuming the first battle with him was more like his real strength plotwise. Horrible slaughter then.

Light

Galleon (S5) vs. Sid (S2) - Proper Knight I suppose?
Hrist (VP1) vs. Seth (FE8) 0-7 - Goddess, duh.
Gadget Z (S3) vs. Jin Uzuki (XS2)- He has a FMV of him fighting with Margulis!
Rufus Shinra (FF7) vs. Virginia Maxwell (WA3)-Hardeharhar. Bribery. On Virginia. Hardeharhar.