Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 4  (Read 2620 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 4
« on: July 27, 2009, 08:33:44 PM »

"Hmm... perhaps things are getting too tough you for you. Well, let's see what happens this week."

Team Dude vs. Floor 3
Team Glen and Snowfire vs. Floor 3

Team Snowfire's Matches

Floor 4b: Past and Future

"Let's see how you fare when you have to trample through the annals of time!"

Battle #16: Lufia, Suikoden 2 Lucia, Child Rydia and Valvalis (FF4)

Lufia: I will... fight!
Lucia: You fight the Karaya? You die!

Battle #17: Rikku, Aeonless Yuna and Suikoden 5 Georg

Rikku: Yeah! Let's go!
Yuna: I will fight if I must.
Georg: Well... this will be interesting.

Battle #18: Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk

Algus: Uh...
Argath: Don't mess up this time...
Balk: Heh! This is truly amazing.
Balk: I truly am above 'death'...

*The team has been fully healed!

Battle #19: Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and Suikoden 2 Georg

Rikku: Let's go, Yunie!
Yuna: All right, Rikku!
Georg: There's a sense of deja vu here...

Boss Battle: Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Barbariccia (FF4DS) and Suikoden 3 Lucia

Erim: I... am sorry.
Rydia: Mother, give me strength...!
Lucia: You fight the Karaya? You di--...hm.

Team Glen's Matches

Floor 4c: Status Critical

"Hmm... I think things have been too boring lately. Let's see what happens when you have a critical failure."

*For this floor, all moves that have any capacity to critical hit will do so.

Battle #16: Jude and Raquel

Jude: I fight, along with my ARM!
Raquel: I AM DYING OF CANCER I GUESS   

Battle #17: Pikachu, Ho-oh and Lugia

Pikachu: Pika... pi.
Lugia: I think I can talk... can't I?

Battle #18: Ness and Poo

Ness: Rockin'!
Poo: Starstorm!

Battle #19: Alena, Brey (Borya), Cristo (Kiryl) and Ragnar

Alena: Let's wipe the floor with them!
Brey: As you say, my lady.

Boss Battle #4: Caellech, Lloyd and Linus

Caellech: You fools... I will wipe the floor with you.
Lloyd: Heh heh, brother, let's go!
Linus: Yes!

Team Namagomi's Matches

Floor 1: A Re-introduction (The Beginning)

"Ho ho ho ho! You've decided to return! Let us see what you can accomplish."

Battle #1: Palmer and Mist Dragon

Palmer: Muahaha! I am Science!!
Mist Dragon: Turn back!

Battle #2: Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight

Knight: You shall not pass here!

Battle #3: Marle and Alice

Marle: Yeah! Let's go!
Alice: Yuri...

Battle #4: Rampage Drive

Rampage Drive: ...!!!

Boss Battle #1: Lich

Lich: I will... devour you...

---------------------------------------------

Team Snowfire | Purim, Jessica, Garnet, Lyn (Firefly), Rena
[Floor 4b]
Team Snowfire vs. Lufia, Lucia (S2) Child Rydia and Valvalis (FF2/4 or FF4a)
Team Snowfire vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S5 Georg
Team Snowfire vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk
*Full Heal
Team Snowfire vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Georg
Team Snowfire vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Lucia (S3), Barbariccia (FF4 DS) and Rydia

Team Glen | Cecilia, Raquel (Firefly), Lilka, Jane
[Floor 4c]
Team Glen vs. Jude and Raquel
Team Glen vs. Pikachu, Ho-oh and Lugia
Team Glen vs. Ness and Poo
Team Glen vs. Alena, Brey (Borya), Cristo (Kiryl) and Ragnar
*Full Heal
Team Glen vs. Caellech, Lloyd (FE7) and Linus (FE7) (Cog of Destiny forms for Lloyd and Linus)

Team Namagomi | Geddoe, Rune, Kyra, Selan, FF5 Mime (Elemental Advance)
[Floor 1]
Team Namagomi vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Namagomi vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Namagomi vs. Marle and Alice
Team Namagomi vs. Rampage Drive
Team Namagomi vs. Lich (FF1)

Elemental Advance Sealstone: Every attack of the same element used in subsequent order gets a 25% boost. (25%, 50%, 75%, etc.) Both sides may take advantage of the same level of damage, but also break the chain with any other non-same spell. (For example, a lightning chain can be broken with a fire spell or any other elemental spell.) Physical effects and non-elemental magic do not take advantage nor break this chain.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:20:28 PM by Nephrite »

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 4
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
WARNING TO STRAGO: TEAM CONTAINS PS4

Team Namagomi vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Both can only do ST damage.  It's farking Palmer and Mist Dragon, anyway.
Team Namagomi vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - Steelix is weak to fire.  Rune and Kyra can use Firestorm (Hewn+Flaeli or Hewn+Gifoi) off the bat.  Oh dear god.  Barring that, Geddoe also brings the pain.  Horribly painful pain.  I'm not sure if anyone actually gets a turn here.  If there is risk of that, Kyra's got a potential option in Telele to kill the other's offense.
Team Namagomi vs. Marle and Alice: Marle has solid MDEF.  I'll give her that.  But she is -horribly- slow, and at least Rune has really good damage for this point in time (And if you're keeping bases static, Kyra's Hewn is...nuts).  Alice isn't too special.  Also, we have Mime for a third shot of Hewn or whatever Geddoe wants to use, if that matters.
Team Namagomi vs. Rampage Drive: Okay.  RD can do damage, I'll give it that.  Kyra's got really good ST healing, though, and Selan can cover any MT healing needs (Since Mazio is running into Rune/Kyra MDEF, especially.).  Magic spam kills it fast, though.  ...Oh, and if it hits, Telele nerfs that physical damage.
Team Namagomi vs. Lich (FF1): Lich hates fire and is neutral to lightning.  3 party members have fire damage, one has strong lightning, and another can mimic one of the others.  I'm pretty sure that there's not much trouble at all here.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:37:50 PM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 09:48:47 PM »
Team Snowfire | Purim, Jessica, Garnet, Lyn (Firefly), Rena
[Floor 4b]
Team Snowfire vs. Lufia, Lucia (S2) Child Rydia and Valvalis (FF2/4 or FF4a) - Jessica does what any sane person would do and maims Lucia. Lyn -is- going to die here, though, Val -will- double her here. Good thing Garnet has revival, at least. Lufia is worthless, and Child Rydia isn't much better. I suppose they leave the worthless losers for last so they can revive Lyn.
Team Snowfire vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S5 Georg - ... okay. Yuna's best action isn't playing offense here, but getting into gear for stalling. However, Georg cannot - and I mean can NOT - get a second turn, because once Lyn is dead, he's dropping a bridge on Garnet, and the team is hopelessly screwed if that happens (he's very accurate, so he's breaking through Lyn evade). Snowfire's relying on Lyn getting killed a lot here. >_> He also thanks the heavens for Purim, because without Balloon, they'd be in resource drain -hell-.
Team Snowfire vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk - Jess murders the fuck out of Argath, because he's going to be the big pain in the ass here. Past that, seems pretty typical.
*Full Heal
Team Snowfire vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Georg - Are you kidding me.
Team Snowfire vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Lucia (S3), Barbariccia (FF4 DS) and Rydia - Okay! First, Jess OHKOs Rydia. Past that uh I'm not sure how well the opposition can handle the team. Barbie will put up decent pressure, but still difficult for her to handle a full team with a fair deal of resources to blow, and her support is junk past Rydia.

[Floor 4c]
Team Glen vs. Jude and Raquel - Dear god, Jane got Follow Me and she's faster than Jude.
Team Glen vs. Pikachu, Ho-oh and Lugia - This is going to be horrible rape.
Team Glen vs. Ness and Poo - ... pathetically, no need for Follow Me here. Auto-crit Jane = the uberspeed ID flows like -wine-.
Team Glen vs. Alena, Brey (Borya), Cristo (Kiryl) and Ragnar - Um, Raquel with Firefly against ITD+ITE crits? Owowowowow. Alena is faster than Jane, so no ID there -and- she's murderfying Raquel - on the other hand, Jane immediately IDs Cristo. Lilka can revive Raquel, then Ceci Prisons Alena. Brey will finish off Raquel and Ragnar -will- murder someone else, but without Alena to finish off the job, things now suddenly become doable. Ugly little fight, though, and if Jane's crits didn't drop ID, that'd be a fight they'd horribly lose. DQ crits are not to be toyed with.
*Full Heal
Team Glen vs. Caellach, Lloyd (FE7) and Linus (FE7) (Cog of Destiny forms for Lloyd and Linus) - Follow Me works its magic again here. Raquel OHKOs any one of the losers and they're not status-immune either, so Ceci drops a Prison and things happen.

Team Namagomi | Geddoe, Rune, Kyra, Selan, FF5 Mime (Elemental Advance)
[Floor 1]
Team Namagomi vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Namagomi vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Namagomi vs. Marle and Alice
Team Namagomi vs. Rampage Drive
Team Namagomi vs. Lich (FF1) - Yeah no. This is a cakewalk and Rampage Drive is bait against this kind of magical onslaught to boot. Marle and Alice could be annoying because Marle is a magical tank, but Alice kinda sucks at taking magic herself and this team doesn't suck at resources.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:43:16 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »
Team Snowfire passes.  The second fight is nasty as hell, but with Purim's help, they should avoid complete disaster.

Team Namagomi passes as well.  Rune + Mime on Floor 1?  And Elemental Advance?  Good lord, man.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:06:38 PM by Random Consonant »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 10:26:19 PM »
As a reminder in case it matters: All the bosses on the crit floor (Lloyd, etc) are immune to crits because of Iron Runes or Hoplon Guards or whatever they are.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »
That doesn't fix the fact that they're frail, though! Don't think Raquel needed the crit to OHKO there.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:29:35 PM »
Hooray for Balloon and Blaze Wall.

4b: Past and Future
Team SnowFire vs. Lufia, Lucia (S2) Child Rydia and Valvalis (FF2/4 or FF4a)
Right, warmup fight.  Lucia & Child Rydia are really the only threats here.  Not sure if people see Lyn as able to counter Lucia out?  I know at least some of her attacks hit a line in S2 so would be GT and thus not eligible for counters.  Val spins, Lucia starts attacking Lyn.  Jess unloads with Kaboom, Lyn hits Lucia, Garnet picks an appropriate summon and smashes.  The combined weight of that MT should mean that Lufia & Rydia are dead, and Lyn's attack means Lucia is dead too.  Purim or Rena heals up Lyn, and it's Valvalis vs. the world.  Worst comes to worst is that Lyn somehow dies, but if you have more Dungeon Team durability respect, then Purim tosses in an MT Blaze Wall to finish the job (it's good damage!) and Rena either MT heals/Revives Lyn as necessary.

Once it's Valvalis alone, Purim has Remedy for her Stone, and the team has plenty of healing otherwise.  Jess tosses Kafrizzles at her until she's dead.

Team SnowFire vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S5 Georg
ItemGurl16: chek out my sweet balloon!
Gullwinger: wooo!  screw fighting let's hold a concert instead!  WITH BALLOONS!
DeathblowG: ....  I must now kill you all.
ItemGurl16: ur jus jelous u dont have a balloon

Georg can halve status hit rates in general at the cost of tanking his defense, but Georg ain't winning this alone.  Lyn takes one for the team, Purim takes her turn and Balloons the team.  Revive & Heal Lyn afterward, take another shot at paralyzing Georg if it failed before.  Alternatively, Garnet's summons probably nuke the hell out of his awful Magic Defense anyway.  (Strangely enough, they'd be less effective on later floors due to the low FF9 damage cap, but damage average is probably in the 2000-2500ish range, so not an issue on floor 4.)

Team SnowFire vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk
I don't let FFT bosses switch equipment, which means that Purim getting a turn = oh god we are all on fire.  If you do let them juggle equipment, they are almost exclusively ST, meaning the old "buff Lyn with Defender & Protect" strategy works like a charm.  Argath can only break Lyn's sword at worst, Remedy handles Arm Aim.

*Full Heal
Team SnowFire vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Georg
More MT paralysis!  Rikku tries to stop Lyn, but even if it hits, Georg still has to kill Lyn.  If you let Stop turn off Firefly, then Georg attacks Purim, but he needs a crit, and I'm not sure that even a crit is a OHKO here?  Depends on the S2 damage average used.  Anyway asking for both Stop to hit and a crit to hit are pretty low odds, and this only even applies under the harsh application of Firefly and high S2 damage respect.

Team SnowFire vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Lucia (S3), Barbariccia (FF4 DS) and Rydia
Init order (with 1.00= average speed), note that Lucia needs to pick a form:
Lyn: 1.29 (can voluntarily slow herself down by holding a Steel Sword if she wants to go after Jess)
Jessica: 1.25
Barbariccia: (?) ("Above average" speed, theoretically fast but not really in practice according to stat topic)
Speed-twinked physicalling Lucia (with lower defense and no status resistance): ~1.22
Garnet: 1.09
Purim: 1.00 (ARPG.  If you feel nice you can give Purim a speed boost on turn 1 due to not needing to close with the enemy with her spells.)
Rena: .90? (SO2 Mage.  I call Mages a bit slow - don't need to run up to the enemy, but casting times can be a bit slow.  On the other hand KMs can take time too, just that they tie up one enemy.  ARPG headache.)
Erim: .71
Rydia: .68 (varies by form, going off FF4a's stat topic, generally slow)
Explosion-casting Mage Lucia: ~.66

Ahem.  The biggest threat, if she lives, is Rydia.  Luckily Lyn *murders* her on a double.  Jessica... has options, notably Accelerate for the long game or Kaboom for the short one.  Let's say Kaboom for now.  Barbariccia needs to decide whether to Spin or not - she's slow enough in FF4DS that she's basically delaying her action for a round, since she doesn't 3:2 average anymore.  Waiting is *bad* for reasons that will soon become clear, so she hits Lyn and eats a counter.  Let's assume whip-Lucia for now, and let's also assume she manages to hit Lyn (she's got good Accuracy and this version of Firefly has an evade penalty, so sure).  So Lyn is now dead and the quest is over :( .

Garnet revives Lyn.  Purim Blaze Walls the team.  Fun Fact: Barbariccia can be paralyzed (...).  WTF.  Rena heals the team.  Erim can unleash Dark Fry or go for cruddy 15% MT ID.  Dark Fry is only .44 MT physical damage, so it's not really that bad.

Next round.  Jess Kabooms again.  Lucia is magically tanky but she's now eaten 2 Kabooms and a Blaze Wall.  And is also paralyzed?  Okay, assuming she threw away a Feather Earring for a Yellow Scarf, if she's still alive, Lyn was revived and healed.  So attacking against Lyn likely gets her killed on the counter, but charging a spell gets her murdered by Garnet's MT summon.  So she gets some damage in on Lyn.  Garnet casts a Summon, and now Lucia is down for the count for sure.  This leaves it as a paralyzed Barb & Erim vs. the world.  It's over.

Now that I think about it, the only real threat in this fight is Erim's 15% ID getting lucky.  On second thought, a safer way to do this fight is have Jessica open with Magic Barrier.  Magic Barrier is basically a flat -20% to status hit rates - 100% chances become 80%, 65% chances 45%, etc.  (It's somewhat inconsistent- against some attacks, it's -30%, and others it's -10%.  20% seems the most common.)  So this should totally null Erim's ID, and the extra offense from a Kaboom isn't really necessary as S3 Lucia isn't a big enough threat.

If Lucia had gone the mage route, then Lyn would be alive, and Garnet wouldn't have had to revive her.  This means she's eating Garnet's best summon and whatever cruddy damage Rena can offer - or, alternatively, Rena casts Anti, which will make Explosion kinda fail.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 11:42:05 PM »
Team Glen vs. Jude and Raquel – This fight is easy, it doesn’t even matter that both Jude and Raquel can immune Janes ID crit.  Jude is fast, but Raquel just laughs at his physical game, his multi target damage can’t crit and can’t ohko anyone, so if he tries Lilka just Mystics the Talisman which heals everyone, my Raquel is getting a quick from one of the girls which lets her splat the dungeon Raquel with an ITD crit since she has access to an ITD weapon by now.  Next turn is basically the same thing only this time Jude is the one going splat.

Team Glen
vs. Pikachu, Ho-oh and Lugia - This fight is just murder, Jane goes first and ID’s Lugia with her critical, Ho-oh can’t attack Raquel without triggering Red Zone, if Ho-oh attacks, Raquel brutally splatters Pikachu with something like 3x overkill crit, if it doesn’t then Cecilia OHKO’s Ho-oh with a break spell exploiting its 4x weakness, or if you don’t see that gets finished off by Jane next turn, Lilka just Heals Raquel from either Ho-oh or Pikachu, if Ho-oh decides to trigger Red Zone for some random reason Cecilia can also heal Raquel if you don’t see Lilka’s heals being full, though I’m pretty sure she does.

Team Glen vs. Ness and Poo – Jane ID Hax’s kills them both before either get a turn I think.

Team Glen vs. Alena, Brey (Borya), Cristo (Kiryl) and Ragnar  – Ugly fight for my team, and probably the hardest on my floor.  Alena kills Raquel, Jane ID’s Cristo, Lilka revives Raquel, Brey kills again, Cecilia Prison’s Alena, Ragnar probably wants to kill Jane, next turn Lilka revives Raquel, brey kills, Cecilia Prisons Ragnar, and after that Brey is stuck attacking a revive locked Raquel until the dungeon team finally bites it leaving my team in a mess if it weren’t for the:
*Full Heal
Team Glen vs. Caellech, Lloyd (FE7) and Linus (FE7) (Cog of Destiny forms for Lloyd and Linus) – Bosses that generally have little durability vs Raquel getting to Follow Jane is not pretty.  The forth fight was worse than this one, and since my team got a full heal right before, this one shouldn’t be much of a problem.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »
What happens if you allow Alice the black panties instead of the white? Also SH1 characters can only equip *one* accessory right?
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »
What happens if you allow Alice the black panties instead of the white? Also SH1 characters can only equip *one* accessory right?

SH1 characters, like the later games, can equip three accessories.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 05:04:55 PM »

Don't think it really matters?  Nama's team is pretty nuts on magical offense right now, and a bunch of people capable of using the same elements just makes it worse thanks to the team's sealstone, especially since neither Alice or Marle are fast.  Plus the team doesn't fail at resources so even if they can't kill her before she gets a turn, they can probably outlast Alice's epic SP pool.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »
Everyone makes it. Snowfire is very happy that I see Rena learning her revival spell on this floor, because I'm not sure they make it without her as a second reviver. Glen and Namagomi make it. Nama's team looks like it could be very interesting, and I'm interested to see how well the elemental advance strategy works.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 09:47:10 PM »
Don't think it really matters?  Nama's team is pretty nuts on magical offense right now, and a bunch of people capable of using the same elements just makes it worse thanks to the team's sealstone, especially since neither Alice or Marle are fast.  Plus the team doesn't fail at resources so even if they can't kill her before she gets a turn, they can probably outlast Alice's epic SP pool.

Alice's own MDEF is pretty good, and the Black Panties cut all incoming magical damage by half.  Don't know what happens after she Gospels herself/Marle...  But I have to agree on the SP point.  She has...  What, seven turns?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »
SH defense spread really sucks, so Alice's MDef doesn't mitigate the shoddy HP (as in she's below average mdur anyway). Also, I have my doubts on whether Alice can equip both panties, since SH didn't seem very friendly towards stacking same-type accessories besides the statusblockers. Not to mention Alice -does- have to equip a silence blocker, since I think Rune already starts with Seals (could be wrong), but not sure how much it matters given how him alone wrecks the damage curve this early and well yeah magical offense stackery. Selan also starts with Sleep, which means that she could just drop that on Alice until it catches. Since Alice can't block sleep, that's basically the end for her. Also, if Marle is to be any concern, Geddoe's physical isn't too bad early and Marle takes physical hits so badly that she gets 3HKOed by Nama's party anyway. So, even if you allow the aftergame panties, it doesn't really matter.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:42:32 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 12:31:48 AM »
Black Panties require a NG+ and hence, aren't legal to most.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 01:08:35 AM »
Re Team Glen: Glen is happy that WA4 Defend is really awesome.  Checked in chat, and it apparently reduces the attack of an oncoming hit 25%...  before (subtractive) defense.  This is meh on Yulie (Talaysen claimed 42% reduction), but fantastic on Raquel whose HP is mediocre but her defense great.   Tal claimed that attacks on defending Raquel basically tinked, which squares with my recollection.  Not quite as broken as WCYD? due to the magic problem and Raquel being really slow when Follow Me isn't used, but worth a note.

I dunno about Glen's ITD weapon hype - it's apparently a drop.  Don't know how common it is, but I missed it, so ignoring it for now.

[Floor 4c]
Team Glen vs. Jude and Raquel - If Follow Me doesn't kill or incapacitate them, then Good Raquel defends and see above.
Team Glen vs. Pikachu, Ho-oh and Lugia - Pokemon Paralyze only wastes your turn 25% of the time?  Well then.
Team Glen vs. Ness and Poo - I think this came up in Nina vs. Ness that EB criticals aren't very good due to the damage cap?  There go their chances.
Team Glen vs. Alena, Brey (Borya), Cristo (Kiryl) and Ragnar - Follow Me has initiative, right?  Presumably the team could use that to mess the other team up but good, dropping Cristo & Alena at least (Raquel crits Alena, Cristo gets statused by Ceci?)  Then again, maybe Cristo would resist Cecilia's status.  Anyway, I buy the writeups that don't use Follow Me anyway, so sure.
*Full Heal
Team Glen vs. Caellech, Lloyd (FE7) and Linus (FE7) (Cog of Destiny forms for Lloyd and Linus) - IIRC, all of these bosses are non-moving (I'm sure for Caellech and Lloyd, at least, and Linus is a bit slow).  Non-moving FE bosses have Last Strike to me.  This means that something as simple as Raquel defending screws them over, and presumably she can even adjust her HP to make it harder to avoid Red Zone.  It also means that Lloyd / Linus are stuck using the Light Brand at long-distance and Caellach is using the Tomahawk over the Silver Axe unless someone short-range closes with them, just like in-game.  Yeah, with Cecilia slinging status, this ain't happening.

The fight is completely different if you let the bosses move and go on their own initiative, and allow Lloyd to close, but that's not a good representation of how they fight in-game, so meh to that.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 05:48:03 AM »
Also, in mostly irrelevant news since this week looks like a general pass.  I actually undersold Magic Barrier before.  Ended up looking up more exactly what it does...

...basically, everything that in the DL would be called a "status" is, according to the mechanics FAQ, type C (Thwack, Fuddle, Snooze, Sap, Dazzle (=Blind), Fizzle (=Silence), and Ban Dance, to be specific).  The only non-statusy things in C are Drain Magic & Lightning Storm.  Against "status, MP draining, and totally randomly Lightning Storms as well," Magic Barrier does the following, dropping Effectives (normal for non-Cielo characters) to Not Very Effectives:

Code: [Select]
Attribute Resistance Modifier C     @       $       ^       *
Very Effective                    1.00    1.00    0.75    0.00
Effective                         1.00    0.85    0.50    0.00
Not Very Effective                0.50    0.20    0.10    0.00

IOW, 100% chances become 50%, 85% chances become 20%, and 50% chances become 10%.  A 50%, 65%, and 40% drop.  Make of this what you will, but as status defense it seems Magic Barrier is actually pretty dang good.  (The 20% drop is more for a 20% drop in damage against "non-physical attacks," in general.  But it's not an elemental check, as that's something else in the calculation.  Ugh.  So basically magicy-type stuff in general does around 20% less damage, to eyeball things.)

This is taken from the DQ8 Game System FAQ, for what it's worth.

Bardiche

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »
Everyone pretty much passes. Raquel is such a beast.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »
Yeah, all 3 teams pass, I'll say.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 12:43:43 AM »
Teams Nama, SnowFire and Glen vs dungeon.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 02:02:34 AM »
As much as I like to hype Shadow Hearts...  Yeah, blanket pass.