Register

Author Topic: Season 53, Week 4 - Jenna and Xorn have dinner! Child mortality skyrockets.  (Read 5062 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Godlike

Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4)
Jenna Angel (DDS) vs. Xorn (G3)

Heavy

Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4)
Kary (FF1) vs. Lede (FFT)

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (WA1) vs. Axl (MMXCM)
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2)

Light

Aguro (Lufia1) vs. Garet (GS)
Jin Uzuki (XS2) vs. Alonso (G3)
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Godlike

Jenna Angel (DDS) vs. Xorn (G3): Don't think Bhairava has the punch needed here.

Heavy

Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4): Demi doesn't like Idle much, but I don't see it affecting techs. Sleep should claim Nina just as it did Carlie. I think.
Kary (FF1) vs. Lede (FFT): Lede isn't even immune to paralysis in her form with better damage, to add insult to injury. Not that it matters, I see Kary OHKOing I think.

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (WA1) vs. Axl (MMXCM): Axl against Middle non-healer.
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2): Ashton doesn't OHKO.

Light

Jin Uzuki (XS2) vs. Alonso (G3): I guess. :(

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4) - EBO.
Jenna Angel (DDS) vs. Xorn (G3) - Meanwhile, I don't think Xorn has the nearly 3x PC HP he needs to survive two Bhairavas. That's that.

Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4) - Sleep hax if nothing else. Demi 2HKOs Nina and one good turn on sleep = lol ded.
Kary (FF1) vs. Lede (FFT) - lol ohko.

Rudy Roughknight (WA1) vs. Axl (MMXCM) - No healing.
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2) - No OHKO.

Jin Uzuki (XS2) vs. Alonso (G3) - Abject failure.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike

Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4)- His status is no worse than turn three here. Doubt Souji can 2HKO.

Heavy

Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4)- Demi needs way, way more luck with Sleep than I am seriously willing to consider here. Nina1's got far superior resources to help as well. She buffs defense in response to sleep whoring.

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (WA1) vs. Axl (MMXCM)
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2)- Pretty easy OHKO. Yulie's durablity sucks and Ashton's got a decent 2HKO.  He's got better damage than Kraken by a notable amount, and that was close. Even on the off chance Yulie isn't OHKOed, she still has to worry about getting stunned/critted.

Light

Aguro (Lufia1) vs. Garet (GS)- Neither light fight is close.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 04:48:49 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike

Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4): Unless status ball had something that was instant game over.

Heavy

Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4)

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (WA1) vs. Axl (MMXCM): Defend command makes this close, but...
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2): Stat topics seem to suggest he does OHKO.

Light

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile

Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4): Unless status ball had something that was instant game over.

Had a paralzye status Souji can't block that was an instant loss.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Taishyr

Souji, Demi, Kary, Axl, Garet. No clue on Yulie/Ashton, leaning Ashton but unconvinced.

super: That's one out of x status, not all status lands per ball IIRC. but.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Right then, voting for him. (the other ones can slow souji down long enough for it to hit)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4)- Demi needs way, way more luck with Sleep than I am seriously willing to consider here. Nina1's got far superior resources to help as well. She buffs defense in response to sleep whoring.

Problem is the buffs are sorta worthless. I have serious doubts +20 BoF1 Defense even lets Nina avoid the 2HKO and +20 BoF1 speed just means doubles won't ever happen on either side.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
That requires Demi 2HKOing in the first place and having reliable enough luck with her sleep to keep pressure up otherwise.  Demi's only argument I can see is 'blitzing' with status, and I have trouble seriously believing that when Nina just needs a few turns to really shut her down.
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Er, she does? It's a very long match, Demi is at worst 3HKOing even after Fort. My kneejerk is that it's long enough that sleep will give Demi the two extra turns she needs. (She has no need to use sleep until she's hit Nina once.)

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4) - No P4, but assuming you let Zophar's mega-damage be damage there's really no way for Souji to win, right?  Even if it's ID, then Zophar has got multiple elements of attack that Souji probably can't all block at once, as well as some magic which I presume to be non-elemental, which would render the status hype irrelevant?  Even with only two hands, Zophar still easily has better than a OHKO.  Seems like an uphill fight for Souji.

Kary (FF1) vs. Lede (FFT) - Except in the Corneria Castle Roof version of this fight, where Kary has to kill Lede before stupid guest Garland runs to his death.  Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2) - Came up mildly before in Yulie vs. Setzer, but I don't respect Yulie's Sacrifice->Heal on double turns at all.  Especially against opponents from real-timeish systems that would murder her if she tried that with a quick basic physical.  With Yulie relying on her physical for damage, Ashton has more time to get hope for some luck in dizzying Yulie.  And that's assuming he doesn't instantly OHKO.

Jin Uzuki (XS2) vs. Alonso (G3) - Yeah, this is where Jin needs his XS3 form, which gives a righteous wupping to Alonso.  I'd be tempted to vote XS2 Jin as well...  except that Alonso has that equip he gets that instantly changes him from the slowest of your 4 party members to the fastest until he leaves.  Man.  (So even if Alonso only 3HKOs XS2 Jin, he's going first anyway.)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Godlike

Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4)

Heavy

Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4) - Not sure.
Kary (FF1) vs. Lede (FFT) - LOLs at ID.

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2) - Though it seems he OHKOs w/o it, this match is easily Ashton's to me since I allow him Tri-Ace.

Light

Aguro (Lufia1) vs. Garet (GS) - GS Stun wins again. Feel the might of Djinni.
Jin Uzuki (XS2) vs. Alonso (G3) - Alonso is a decent temp. Feel the fail of Jin!

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Tri-Ace is a bad joke in the DL, it only does 9999 damage.
-------------------

Taishyr

SnowFire: Souji effective has two life bars to burn through (normal+Enduring Soul) plus one more last shot of whatever, so damage slugfests with him can quite easily turn sour even before his defenses kick in. Status is really the only solid way to lock him down.

And... Iunno, Souji can null enough of the statuses of Status Ball that I can't see something debilitating enough to land turn 1. Granted, I'm pretty sure I'm in a minority by seeing Souji kill turn 1! But.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:31:34 AM by Taitoro »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Can Nina not just use Dispel to get around Sleep? I think I'd see it working, myself... Hmm. I know it does null out the next heal spell, but if Nina can manipulate the speed of the fight so that she can Heal and Dispel she might have a shot? How much damage does Demi do with her physical to Nina? I assume she's not using Phonon unless it's going to kill or heal lock her.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
I dunno if Dispel would even work (the description in the stat topic says "nulls out a spell", and Stasis Beam is hardly magic). If it did, though, then Demi just starts physicalling, and Nina needs to remove Dispel in order to heal herself, which wastes valuable turns.

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Well, if Nina uses Dispel, Demi just uh Phonons and now Nina can't heal and will die. Bad idea there.

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4) : Bead Ring+ Heat Riser give him the turns he needs.

Heavy

Kary (FF1) vs. Lede (FFT): boss v. Lede.

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2): Think he can mount enough offense.

Light

Aguro (Lufia1) vs. Garet (GS) Probably.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Well, if Nina uses Dispel, Demi just uh Phonons and now Nina can't heal and will die. Bad idea there.

Well, the idea was that Idle and AG-up or whatever so she could double in case of that.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike

Jenna Angel (DDS) vs. Xorn (G3) - Xorn, for how much in-game durability he seems to have, loses it fast.  Especially given the shot of Unama's Orb (And I don't even factor that into HP).  Jenna, on the other hand, has HP buffering.  And something that, when used twice, almost overkills Xorn by 1x PCHP.

Heavy

Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4) - I'll have to think about this one.
Kary (FF1) vs. Lede (FFT) - Eh.  To me, functional immunity to a status attack due to resistance/stats falters against perfect status just like functional immunity to evasion due to stupidly high accuracy falters against perfect evasion.  Shadow Stitch or Stop Bracelet, take your pick.  Chaos dies to perfect ID, no reason Kary shouldn't.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 02:08:44 PM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Technically just lots of resistance due to MDef. I tend to think of this as functional immunity, but I guess it isn't really. Possibly I shouldn't reward her just because FF1 status sucks. Stop Bracelet working... is certainly arguable, but I'm unlikely to kneejerk that way just because IDing Kary is nigh-impossible while Lede is spoiled by ID immunity pretty easily via either armour or accessory. Doesn't help that I think Nash should be here instead! But yeah, the Lede argument is actually better than this topic has been implying to this point.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Godlike

Zophar (L:EBC) vs. Souji Seta (P4)- Zophar is like 2 PC HP. Doesn't help him much when he's aiming for non-fatal status against double reviving (and faster if Zophar wants to use that OHKO damage) Souji.
Jenna Angel (DDS) vs. Xorn (G3)- Not so big on the guaranteed Bhairavas.

Heavy

Nina Wyndia (BoF1) vs. Demi (PS4)- Well, on Nina's side, Idle does hit everything. On Demi's side, Nina's defense buff was...kind of questionable I think. But Nina could restore MP or something?
Kary (FF1) vs. Lede (FFT)- Mehhhh

Middle

Rudy Roughknight (WA1) vs. Axl (MMXCM)-
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) vs. Ashton Anchors (SO2)- Now, if you don't respect all of Sword Dance as OHKOing and take Ashton as fast instead of factoring recharges into the damage average, then he should miss the OHKO. Otherwise, he kills in a hit.

Light

Aguro (Lufia1) vs. Garet (GS)
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Nina restores MP by attacking, yes.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
I respect the Sacrifice + Heal combo because it darn well works well enough in the game (yay Yulie solo!) That tactic works just fine against turn based + Ashton *is* forced to turn based unless he's vs another ARPG character. Other wise SO/ARPG characters in general in the DL allowed to act whenever they want just yeah no ... That sounds like a massive nightmare >_>

Sounds pretty funny coming from me since it would make certain favourites of mine better but so it goes~

That said I still haven't decided if I see ARPG characters as just average speed or not! Though Yulie would probably still be slower than Ashton anyway even if he's forced to turn based.  Though just covering this with someone in chat and it turns out that forcing Ashton to average doesn't really do anything anyway... because well ... his running speed is well averagish already <_<

Looks like Ashton is going first regardless yeah? No first turn for Yulie, no win~
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:09:30 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"