Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 6  (Read 9358 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 6
« on: August 09, 2009, 11:45:52 PM »

"Hoh. You truly can accomplish things here. Let us see if your luck continues."

Team Snowfire and Glen vs. Floor 5
Team Namagomi vs. Floor 2

Team Snowfire's Matches

Floor 6a: Those that fight underlings (Before Endgame)

Battle #26: Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin

Reno: The Turks will show you no mercy.
Fujin: DESTROY.

Battle #27: Rofel, Adramelk and Kletian

Rofel: The power of the Zodiacs shall stop you.
Adramelk: Hahaha... Fools.
Kletian: I shall show you true magic!

Battle #28: Rubicante and Barbariccia

Rubicante: I would heal you, but that is not needed...
Barbariccia: Hahaha! Let's go, fools!

Battle #29: Xenobia and Royce

Xenobia: Master Ghaleon may not be here... but I will destroy you anyway.
Royce: Yes, sister. We shall show them what it means to face the Vile Tribe.

Boss Battle #6: Zog, Melfice and Zera Valmar

Zog: I, the ruler of the Dark Dragons, shall end your lives here.
Melfice: Heh heh heh. You think this horn is just for show?

Team Glen's Matches

Floor 6b: The strongest of the strong (Before endgame)

So you want to fight the strongest beings? Fine, then. Let's see how you do.

Battle #26: Deathevans, Habaruku and Barubary

Deathevans: Come, Nikanoru... you will please god.
Barubary: I AM A DEMON.

Battle #27: Sephiroth and Jenova

*The team has been fully healed!

Sephiroth: BLACK MATERIA
Jenova: ...HANGARS?!

Battle #28: Myria 3 and Teepo

Myria: You shall die here. The world needs not such as you.
Teepo: I fight with you, my goddess.

Battle #29: Zophar, EBC Ghaleon and Borgan

Zophar: The FATE of the world rests in a STORM of my powers... ha ha... get it?
Ghaleon: :|
Borgan: LEMINA-SAMA~~

Boss Battle #6: Xorn

Xorn: ALL LOVE SHALL PERISH.

Team Nanagomi's Matches

Floor 3b: Multiples (Before Midgame)

"So you want to try multiple foes? Let's see how you like this, then!"

*All ST is MT for this floor. ALL of it.

Battle #11: Augst and Scythe

Augst: Let's tell jokes.
Scythe: WILD ARMS 4 PLOT.   

Battle #12: FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight

Chemist: Potions!
Samurai: AIYAI!
Knight: BREAK!

Battle #13: Magus, Lucca and Marle

Magus: You wish to pass? I think not.

Battle #14: Nina4 and Crono

Nina: I'm afraid I can't let you through here.

Boss Battle #3: Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg

Alma: Brothers... Let us fight.
Ramza: Of course, Alma!!
Zalbag: We won't let them defeat us.

---------------------------------------------

Team Snowfire | Purim, Lyn (Firefly), Garnet, Lyn, Rena
[Floor 6a]
Team Snowfire vs. Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin
Team Snowfire vs. Rofel, Adramelk and Kletian
Team Snowfire vs. Rubicante and Barbariccia
Team Snowfire vs. Xenobia and Royce
Team Snowfire vs. Zog, Melfice and Zera Valmar

Team Glen | Cecilia, Raquel (Firefly), Lilka, Jane
[Floor 6b]
Team Glen vs. Habaruku, Barubary and Deathevans
*Full heal
Team Glen vs. Sephiroth and Jenova
*Full heal
Team Glen vs. Myria3 and Teepo
*Full heal
Team Glen vs. Zophar, EBC Ghaleon and Borgan
*Full Heal
Team Glen vs. Xorn

Team Namagomi | Geddoe, Rune, Kyra, Selan, FF5 Mime (Elemental Advance)
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Namagomi vs. Augst and Scythe
Team Namagomi vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight
Team Namagomi vs. Magus, Lucca and Marle
*Full Heal
Team Namagomi vs. Nina4 and Crono
Team Namagomi vs. Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg

Elemental Advance Sealstone: Every attack of the same element used in subsequent order gets a 25% boost. (25%, 50%, 75%, etc.) Both sides may take advantage of the same level of damage, but also break the chain with any other non-same spell. (For example, a lightning chain can be broken with a fire spell or any other elemental spell.) Physical effects and non-elemental magic do not take advantage nor break this chain.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 6
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 12:33:58 AM »
Namagomi makes it. Snowfire, and Glen don't.
Snowfire might make it to the last fight, but by the time he gets there his team is almost completely worn out. The Royce/Xenobia fight flat out sucks for his team. Royce starts by Flame birding Lyn, then starts repeatedly killing Jessica. With Lyn flamebirded and Jessica being repeatedly killed, his team can't deal damage effectively especially since Xenobia is around to put more pressure on the healers. When they get to the last fight, they just can't deal with the pressure Melfice is putting on them especially since it's backed up by two characters with decent MT damage.

Glen's problem is the Bof3 fight. They can't kill either of them in one turn. This is very bad as that means they are free to MT blitz the team. Jane gets taken out from MT damage or Teepo's Howling. This is fatal as it allows the two bosses to lap Glen's team. Cecilia probably lives because of the Parasol, but at this point. Jane and Lilka are either dead or Confused, and Raquel is probably statused.

At first I though Nama was going to get beat by the Crono/Nina 4 fight, but it turns out that Crono's damage isn't all that good. He passes, but a few of the fights are pretty close.

Bardiche

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 12:53:54 AM »
How good is Teepo's HP then?

Raquel's Penetrator is... floor 7, right? I'd take it at here, but I may have slightly overleveled.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 12:57:45 AM »
It's like 13000 to 300 average damage. Myria's is even better.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:59:29 AM by dude789 »

Bardiche

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 01:05:42 AM »
Raquel's damage is absolutely crazy at this point. Yulie relies on Materials, Arnaud on BLAST, and Jude doesn't have Assault Buster or Rapid Attack yet.

I'm not that great at scaling HP, but I think Lilka can Hyper and Cecilia can Fragile to support Raquel's damage? If that takes out Teepo, I don't think Myria can win by herself─Cecilia'll obviously Hi-Reflect cheese that magical damage on her next turn, and things'd go downhill from there with Raquel getting a heavy number in on Myria.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 01:10:58 AM »
I think if I were to hype anything in the BOF3 fight, it would be all of my Girls Magic resistance and not too terrible HP and Raquel's Fire resistance which blocks 1 of the two elements in the MT attack of pain by 50%.

That said, I would not be surprised if most people saw my team losing at that point, I'll have a play by play post if anyone cares in a bit.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 01:13:38 AM »
Given how Raquel solos Teepo in the DL as it stands, I'm unlikely to consider him alone as a threat to the team. However, his usually pointless MT status suddenly becomes a problem here, and then there's Myria, who is crazy fast and -is- going to debuff and status the party out like crazy. With that pressure issue, Teepo becomes an actual threat, and his MT confuse on a mage-heavy team is bound to be bad news.

Also, at this point, Jude should've caught up enough to make Raquel's damage no longer OHKO-level, she should be settling into DL figures by now. This is obviously problematic due to Myria, who is noticeably more durable than Teepo.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:15:21 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Bardiche

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 01:18:41 AM »
Glen, I usually hold off from voting to see why people think their team passes. =P

Well, my Raquel was stupidly overpowered (Level 57 by the time I un-emoed Jude) so I'll take your word for that then. Teepo not dying turn 1 means Confusion's going to rape the team fiercely.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 01:26:11 AM »
Teepo dying turn one to -that- offense? Unlikely. Raquel's the only person on that team whose offense doesn't suck, and she doesn't even OHKO average HP (or even that close to it) by this point. Ceci and Lilka like 4HKO average, and let's not talk about Jane of the mighty 7HKO to average durability. Teepo has like 2x PC HP. Raquel+all the other girls might do it IF she crits, but crit odds are like 1/7. Not good chances to be banking on when the entire team is giving up its buffing game to go all-out.

Bardiche

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 01:28:43 AM »
Yeah, okay, then I really want to know how Glen thinks he'll pull through.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 03:10:21 AM »
Team Glen vs  Habaruku, Barubary, and Deathevans – These guys really hate that their best damage is magical.  Follow Me -> Hi-Reflect screws them over.  Lilka can use Quick on Jane to let her make the team double the two slower bosses in Habaruku and Barubary while Raquel Murders Habaruku and in the process kills the dungeon teams offense.

Team Glen vs Sephiroth and Jenova – Bit of a messy fight but I’m fairly certain my team wins this,  I want to say Jenova wants her birth form, Death hit’s Raquels fire resistance and Life loses its damage vs Hi-Reflect.  Jane starts with Follow Me, Lilka uses Quick on Jane, Cecilia uses Lock State on the party, Raquel smacks Jenova over the head.  Sephiroth can’t really do too much at this point, he can’t really use despell to get rid of Lock State because Jenova doesn’t have the offense to kill my team or threaten them in any way, and Jane allows my team to keep up with his turns and probably double at some points, so he ohko’s Raquel with break I want to say(Supernova and Heartless angel both give Raquel free turns and Jenova is slow enough that I’m fairly sure Jane gives the party the necessary turn for Lilka to full heal them before Jenova gets a turn).  The problem with this is now Jane uses Follow Me again, Lilka revives Raquel, Cecilia uses Hi-Reflect.  Jenova gets her turn now, but can’t really do much, she can’ try her MT physical to put pressure to heal the rest of the team but that will give Raquel a free Red Zone turn(which she uses to Dragon Edge Jenova for some healing, though there’s not much else to do otherwise.  At this point it doesn’t really matter if you see Seph getting his turn before Janes next follow me or not, if he does he can probably kill Raquel with his physical, but the rest of the girls are set up and Cecilia can go on offense/heal while Lilka does her Revive Raquel thing, Deen won’t kill anyone thanks to Raquel healing herself with Dragon Edge, and just lets Lilka full heal the party next time, Despell just kinda resets the battle, only Jenova is generally injured, the party has light MT damage done to them, and this just repeats until Jenova dies or Lilka gets enough FP to use Slowdown on Jenova and Seph instead of Quick, which will happen before the party has taken enough multitarget damage to be put in the danger zone.  One note is that WAo buffs persist through death, so Raquel will still be immune to status and have Reflect on her when she’s revived.

Team Glen vs Maria3 and Teepo – This fight…my team requires Respect for one of two things to win this, the first being that all of my girls can survive a double Sirocco(The three non-Raquel girls all have significantly above average Magic Defense, and Raquel has Fire resistance to reduce the damage by 1/4th?), or general respect for status blockers for confusion(three of the girls can get full, Jane can get 60% I believe).  If either seems plausible, then my team wins either through Follow Me -> Hi-Reflect -> mock, or Follow Me -> Lock State ->Lilka Life Orb spammage every turn for full party heal.  The only other way I could probably  win this is if Lilka’s Quick can make Jane’s turns come between Maria’s and Teepo’s which I don’t think is likely.  I would not be surprised if most people saw my team losing here.  If you don’t respect either then the fight basically boils down to Follow Me -> my team does something -> Double Sirocco -> Dead team.

There is something I'm generally not sure of is if Venom can be considered magic or not, I know it hits Mdef, so I'm not sure if it would help but Cecilia could use Anti-Magic to make both venom and the mt Magic miss, Lilka could get off a Mageweapon on Raquel before Cecilia uses this and then Myria and Teepo are reduced to bad Physical damage vs Raquel, who can probably kill off Teepo before she dies/Anti Magic wears off, at which point Cecilia can Lock State the party and Myria is alone.  This once again is up for interpretation and respect and whatnot though.

Team Glen vs  Zophar, Ghaleon, and Borgan – This fight is a mess and I’m honestly not sure how to go about interpreting it since I’ve never played the game and am generally unfamiliar to how people handle Zophar’s forms/hands.  All three have Magic damage that is probably OHKOing Raquel, I think.  I’m inclined to say that if Hi-Reflect catches the Ghaleon and Borgan attacks and Zophar’s none Fate Storm attacks then my team can probably scrape by, but if not they probably just get murdered.

Team Glen vs Xorn – If you see my team somehow making it through all of the prior fights, this one is relatively easy.  Xorn is fast, but he hates being a limit fighter against this team, Jane’s Follow Me lets my team basically trade turns with him, and Lilka can full heal his MT damage with Mystic -> Life Orb, meanwhile Cecilia is stacking Hypers on Raquel while Raquel Moonlights to full FP and then spends a few more turns defending to take advantage of power charge.  The result is Xorn eventually sees my girls go on offense, and basically just goes splat when they do, he really wishes he could use his dispel before taking damage.

Genuinly not sure about fights 3 and 4, probably should have picked a different floor >.>.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 05:19:27 AM »
[Floor 6a]
Team Snowfire vs. Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin - Sorta trivial, methinks. Takes a bit of a while, though, and Snowfire will suffer huge resource drains throughout the floor. Magic Burst is not an option due to what it does to Jessica MP, and he'll need it throughout the fight.
Team Snowfire vs. Rofel, Adramelk and Kletian - Kneejerk is that Rofel doesn't quite get a turn here. KLETIAN OHKOs things, but three revivers in this team at this point.
Team Snowfire vs. Rubicante and Barbariccia - I'll have to point out firsthand that, under Snowfire's interp for TB doubles, his team is getting overwhelmed by Rubi and Val - or strained enough to lose on the long run, since this has no fullheals and he can't restore his own MP without fancy shenanigans he can't afford here or anywhere else after this fight. Valvalis is WA4 boss-level fast, and she's forcing healing every turn (and revival at every double she gets) while Rubi can OHKO anyone not named Garnet in his own turns (not to mention this team -fails- at damaging Val to me. No ITE at all). Ice weakness would come into play here, but Garnet and Jessica ice damage is just awful at base and isn't good enough to make Rubi go down immediately. Purim can make this far more of a factor with Sabers, but she's not getting turns often due to being the premier target of those OHKOs. With Acceleratle capping TB speed, I think they may even manage to go past this fight, but this does -not- spell good things for the team. They -will- be hurting for resources.
Team Snowfire vs. Xenobia and Royce - And here, the resource pains will rear their ugly head. Xenobia's GT slow stone keeps Garnet and Purim busy with healing every turn, and Royce OHKOs all the people here with physicals. Firebird is also bad news, and given how Rena will be very busy trying to revive people already and her own MT healing is trashy, this leaves basically either Jess or Lyn to do all the offense. Even with Royce and Xeno getting doubled right and left, their durability means they will strain resources too much. Especially after the Rubi/Val debacle. I'd gather they lose here, but...
Team Snowfire vs. Zog, Melfice and Zera Valmar - ... if they managed to somehow eke past Royce and Xenobia, they're dying here. Zera sucks and Melfice isn't terribly impressive either, but the two of them kill a PC and can do so with Melfice's MT. Then, Zog just uh ends the fight. The MT-heavy nature of this fight spoils Firefly very well, and Xenobia/Royce aren't much worse at it than these guys to boot.

Team Glen | Cecilia, Raquel (Firefly), Lilka, Jane
[Floor 6b]
Team Glen vs. Habaruku, Barubary and Deathevans - Sure. Habaruku+Barubary MT 2HKO this party (and Evans has Dispel faster than them), but Baru+Evans can't kill them and Raquel+whatever should kill Baru in their sleep, because his durability is junk.
*Full heal
Team Glen vs. Sephiroth and Jenova - Um. This is really ugly. Seph may not even get two-turned by this party, OHKOs everybody but Raquel (who eats Paralyze and dies anyway), is faster than Jane, has MT dispel and Jenova OHKOs Lilka while mocking Ceci and Lilka reflect shenanigans. If Seph gets to Super Nova, the party is -dead-, because Cecilia can't MT Status Lock and her (or anyone in the group, really) trying to solo this fight is pretty much comedy hour material. EDIT: Right, melee immunity with flight, which he needs to do to activate Super Nova anyway. Failure. So, there's no point even humoring him with getting past this fight, because his offense just went down the drain. Not that it matters.
*Full heal
Team Glen vs. Myria3 and Teepo - Even if he managed the Seph fight, team Glen cannot make it past this. Myria has Jane-level speed, over 3x PC HP and Teepo isn't that far behind in durability for me. So, a blitz is outright out of question, the party can't even two-turn ANYONE in this fight at all. Teepo's MT confusion wreaks utter havoc in this fight: Raquel suddenly targetting the team members makes Glen emo, the rest is full of people who fail when not using skillset shenanigans and Myria not only has MT Dispel running off that speed (which fucks over buff hype something fierce), she also has accurate fatal status that bypasses the Parasol to add to the pressure. After Teepo's first turn, the party is in deep because at least half of it is confused. Raquel's confusion blocker is -not- legal as of now, they only become storebought at floor 7, Jane and Lilka have no defense against it and Cecilia even can block Confuse! But then, she can't use the Parasol, and this will lead to the next problem I'll evaluate: when Teepo and Myria reach half HP (which the team is incapable of chipping past), they both get MT 2HKO damage (Teepo with Sirocco, Myria with Holocaust, which is not a PC spell, thus not subject to WA1/2 Magic Parasol and Reflect). Glen's party is rather frail and will not survive this assault. Raquel might live due to fire resistance, but then she can do -absolutely nothing- to not die when they get another turn. If Cecilia goes for the Parasol to survive that (Sirocco would be eaten by it), she gets owned by Teepo confusion instead, since it's also not subject to Parasol shenanigans, and the idea of Cecilia+Raquel, at -that- juncture, having a shot against them, is honestly laughable when the opposition has so many resources to stop them from getting anything going. The victory over the team honestly feels like such a landslide that I don't think it's worth bothering with analysis for the rest of the floor, but I suspect they don't fare any better against the EBC team, and Xorn probably has the fight in the bag the minute Jane dies.

Team Namagomi | Geddoe, Rune, Kyra, Selan, FF5 Mime (Elemental Advance)
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Namagomi vs. Augst and Scythe - Hooray, chipping. Scythe kills everything if he gets a turn below half HP, but doubt this would happen.
Team Namagomi vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight - Okay, this fight is problematic. Priest, Samurai and Knight are going to wall Nama's offense pretty hard here, and if Priest+Knight+Samurai are alive by the time the offensive ends, his team is more or less dead on its tracks. My kneejerk here is he goes for Hewnx2 (no resistance, and it's still not failure damage), then whatever from Geddoe and Selan... and I'm guessing that's enough for Chemist+Priest to go down. That's good enough for me.
Team Namagomi vs. Magus, Lucca and Marle - I'm... honestly not sure. Team Nama loses if Magus ID hax gets good enough hits in, and the team has troubles downing Lucca and Marle (Magus and Lucca getting a turn alone = gg). Not to mention that this fight goes to -hell- if Marle gets a turn. Her physical durabillity is so terrible, though, that she may be unable to get a turn, but a magical blitz just isn't happening here, these guys are magical -tanks-. Team Nama may even get past this fight, but the nagging feeling that it would struggle with the Alma/Ramza/Dyce fight along with the issues stemming from -this- fight just tell me that, on average, he's dropping. Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:36:18 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 07:51:38 PM »
Team Snowfire fails.  Even assuming they get past Royce and Xenobia, they're too drained to cope with the last one.  Aside from the whole DHS + GadZap thing Melfice and FailPope have going on, Melfice can also hit the spellcasters with silence, which, unless I'm horribly mistaken, none of them can do anything about.  Zog just adds more pressure, which is not something the team can handle at this point.

Team Namagomi... can't stop Magus from getting a turn and hitting people with ID.  Worst case is that both Rune and Selan eat it, and now the team's short two damage dealers and has no revival.  Marle may fall, but honestly, it doesn't matter.  Magus will get another turn to Black Hole and... it probably kills Geddoe and possibly the Mime as well.  The team might make it past the floor if they can make it to the Full Heal, but... I'm not really seeing it, and so, Nama's team fails as well.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 12:49:10 AM »
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  Floor 6 is really, really easy.  Easier than last floor.  Don't forget about the vast array of defensive buffs that insure things like nobody ever ever getting OHKOed by the really slow Lunar bosses.  Well, let's see if this convinces people.

As a note, I actually have *four* revivers this floor.  Jessica has hit 100 Staves and has Kazing, and Purim has Revivifier.

(...alas, I wrote up my battle explanations...  but forgot to send them to myself while on vacation.  Ah well.)

[Floor 6a]
Team Snowfire vs. Reno, Rude, Elena, Fujin and Raijin
MT storm.  Kaboom -> Garnet summon -> Purim MT, plus Lyn to mop up.  None of this team's tricks are really relevant to Lyn.

Team Snowfire vs. Rofel, Adramelk and Kletian
FWIW: The initiative here is rather headachey, everyone is FFT speed 10 (~averageish?).  Furthermore to some degree Adramelk & Kletian actually want to be slow so that they don't get hammered by charge-time damage (or be forced to wait and be much slower).

Anyway, Lyn doubles Adramelk, Jessica Kabooms, Garnet summons.  Adramelk should be dead; if you have unusual Adramelk HP respect, change Kaboom to Twin Dragon Lash.  Purim/ROFL/Kletian go in some unclear order afterward.  ROFL breaks a Lyn sword, Kletian can...  charge up to try and kill Lyn?  Might get hammered by Purim then, might evade, but if he does the team is losing for sure next turn and I just revive Lyn with Rena.  Kletian tries to revive Adramelk (Which can fail), but then we just repeat round 1 except Kletian & Rofel have been hit by MT.  More MT next round means that everyone is probably dead, though I suppose Kletian might have survived thanks to evade hax.  But he's not winning on his own.  At worst Lyn loses two swords.

First off: From the names, I assume that these are the FF4DS forms.  Barb is basically a straight slugger who lacks overkill speed, and Rubicante is now below average speed but has an impressive MT fire OHKO in Inferno.  However, the usual defensive buffing strategy works fine here.  Jessica casts Insulate to mess with Inferno.  Lyn doubles Rubicante (triggering a wussy Fira counter).  Barb can either physical Lyn or Spin to try and get MT damage next turn.
* If Barb spins or misses Lyn, Garnet casts Shell on Lyn.  Purim casts Lunar Energy on Lyn (next 7 attacks or so are triple-damage criticals).  Rubicante Infernos, but thanks to Insulate & shell on Lyn, everyone survives.  Rena MT heals, Lyn *explodes* Rubicante on a 6x damage double.
* If Barb hits Lyn, then same as above but Purim casts Cure Water on Lyn.  Everyone still survives Inferno, just the blitz is slower...  but it doesn't matter, as while Barb is being a straight physicaller I can repeat round 1 over and over and not have my defensive setup broken.  (And Rubicante is still dying reasonably fast to Lyn physicals.)

Arch Flare & Aura Shot are roughly a MT OHKO...  but Arch Flare is fire, and they're both slow, so the combination of Insulate + Defender + Anti is *utterly* mocking their damage.  Royce can throw Lyn in the sack o' doom, sure...  but with those kind of buffs up, Xenobia can't OHKO anyone with anything.  Healing takes the day from here (and no, resources aren't an issue, Rena & Garnet have an absolute sackful of MP, and Purim can Ice Sabre Jessica to end this fast - Ice Twin Dragon Lashes will hit a 2x weakness on Royce and kill her quite quickly.)

Zera HP deserves NO respect (Spellbinding Eye is basically "do a zillion damage" after all), he dies to...  pretty much anything to me.  Kaboom does the job if you're me, Twin Dragon Lash if you're not me.  And there's even Lyn if you see Zera as not dying to TDL for some reason.

Once it's just these two...  honestly, I don't even need the MT buffs.  And yes, Melfice has some status, but he *has to use it on Lyn*, where it's almost irrelevant.  Demon Horde Slahs just gets MT healed off by one of Garnet / Purim / Rena, and Zog is so incredibly slow I easily will always have that turn.  Other than that?  Melfice can't really do anything, and that goes double after MT Defender.  I guess he can Wailing Soul Slash Lyn, but if you see that as a OHKO, then revive her.  If you believe that Zog will ever get a turn with Lyn dead - which I doubt - then Jessica can cast Insulate, but Zog's damage isn't even a OHKO anyway, and he's badly badly outsped.  Meanwhile, Melfice should die fast - Rena can Growth Jessica into super TDLs, Garnet can throw summons when need be, and so on.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  Floor 6 is really, really easy.  Easier than last floor.  Don't forget about the vast array of defensive buffs that insure things like nobody ever ever getting OHKOed by the really slow Lunar bosses.  Well, let's see if this convinces people.

Dude, you run out of resources to use the buffs that don't suck by Rubi/Val if you're going that route. Purim's resources actually sorta suck (60 MP by endgame? Nonononono). DQ8 buffs are horrible outside Acceleratle and there are more pressing matters in your fights.

As a note, I actually have *four* revivers this floor.  Jessica has hit 100 Staves and has Kazing, and Purim has Revivifier.

Yes, you do. However, Garnet's offense is getting very expensive now and she started needing it to make damage stick. Purim's revival also isn't cheap and her good buffs which you're going to hype also blow through her MP - which you can't restore without fancy shenanigans that will get you killed in these fights because enemies have -pressure- here. The fights here ain't winning by killing you in a single blow, they're just going to run you out of relevant resources in a very crucial manner.

First off: From the names, I assume that these are the FF4DS forms.

That actually needs clarification, since Neph tends to put the game the form's from when he notes a specific form. I assumed FF4o, which requires a different assessment.

Arch Flare & Aura Shot are roughly a MT OHKO...  but Arch Flare is fire, and they're both slow, so the combination of Insulate + Defender + Anti is *utterly* mocking their damage .  Royce can throw Lyn in the sack o' doom, sure...  but with those kind of buffs up, Xenobia can't OHKO anyone with anything.  Healing takes the day from here (and no, resources aren't an issue, Rena & Garnet have an absolute sackful of MP, and Purim can Ice Sabre Jessica to end this fast - Ice Twin Dragon Lashes will hit a 2x weakness on Royce and kill her quite quickly.)

What -is- Defender?

Zera HP deserves NO respect (Spellbinding Eye is basically "do a zillion damage" after all), he dies to...  pretty much anything to me.  Kaboom does the job if you're me, Twin Dragon Lash if you're not me.  And there's even Lyn if you see Zera as not dying to TDL for some reason.

Once it's just these two...  honestly, I don't even need the MT buffs.  And yes, Melfice has some status, but he *has to use it on Lyn*, where it's almost irrelevant.  Demon Horde Slahs just gets MT healed off by one of Garnet / Purim / Rena, and Zog is so incredibly slow I easily will always have that turn.

You're ignoring that Melfice gets another turn just after Zog and before your party, and there's pretty much nothing you can do to effectively stave that off outside of Acceleratle, which, to you, doesn't even work (I think that even helps to me, but not all that well, and I don't see you being nearly as well off after the preceding string of fights as you do)! Tremor+Char = goodbye most of your party if you don't buff (quite possibly even -if you buff-, durable your team is not and you seriously overrate the effectiveness of their buffing strength, maybe due to not realizing that Purim's buffs get less effective as the targets spread. They're probably 20% as good as they are ST off five-PC MT), and buffing means you don't make any offensive leeway and Zera starts picking off people while you need to scramble off for your offense.   
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:07:16 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 01:07:27 AM »
Ninja'd by Jo'Ou.  Will post this anyway, respond to Jo'ou next.

RC: Yeah, I just don't see resources as an issue for my team.  Garnet, Rena, and Jessica all have overkill MT.  The only person who might be pressured is Purim, but I don't even need Lucid Barrier much this floor nor her reviving services (her revival is 10 MP out of 55-60 or so on this floor).

Jo'ou: So I take it you're using FF4o?  Hmm...  well, they still have to go through Lyn first.  And unless I'm completely out of my mind Valvalis can't OHKO Lyn?  And Rubicant is only barely above average speed.  I just revive Lyn whenever Rubicant gets a turn, and even a low TB cap means that Accelerate makes my healers are outspeed Rubicant by a good margin.    If you do somehow see Rubicant getting a turn with Lyn dead, then Insulate means no more OHKOs.  And Rubicant shouldn't even be getting OHKOs in the first place?  Garnet can Shell Lyn before either can hurt her.  Won't last long, but should last long enough.

In fact, I have both a credible blitzing strategy against the original two as well as an excellent stalling plan.
* Blitzing: Val spins.  Lyn doubles Rubicant.  Jessica Kacrackles Rubicant (4x damage!!!).  Garnet Shells Lyn.  Rubicant Glares Lyn.  In fact, let's be nice and let Val go and physical Lyn, and kills her (She doubles average, but I don't think she insta-doubles average off the bat?).  Purim Ice Sabers Jessica.  Rena revives Lyn.  Next turn..  Val hits Lyn, and now Jessica hits Rubicant with a 4x damage Twin Dragon Lash (!!!).  Which overkils Rubicant so extremely that she probably didn't even have to bother with the Kacrackle, on second thought.
* Stalling: The usual, Accelerate, Shell Lyn, Defender, Anti, maybe Insulate as well, followed by a lot of healing.  The looming OHKO when Purim spends a turn to Ice Saber Jessica also helps.

As for killing Valvalis, I don't bother until Rubicant is dead, of course.  My team should be reasonably decent at keeping Lyn healed up & revived, but I've got plenty of magic damage in Garnet and Jessica.  And if you let Valvalis's evade work on magic?  Purim has Speed Up, a spell that increases accuracy and evade.  Her evade is just really good, not perfect, so a Speed Up'd Jessica tossing Growthed Twin Dragon Lashes at Val should still end the matter in a reasonable length of time.

dude & Jo'ou: As for the last two fights...  well, see the MT buff hype, plus Zera should never ever live to see a turn, plus Zog's MT is, according to the stat topic, utterly laughable (like an 8HKO).  Xenobia & Royce won't be tossing around OHKOs at all, and my team can mount a credible blitz if necessary anyway thanks to elemental weakness.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 01:09:11 AM »
Zera is faster than 4/5s of your party and Acceleratle can't stave that off immediately. If you're not attacking him with Jess, even if you see him being OHKOed by everything, he gets a turn. And if you don't Acceleratle with Jess, Tremor+Char = gg because your healers don't get another turn between Melfice's second turn and Zog's first.

Also, I believe -Char is MT- as well. Could be wrong, though.

EDIT: Also, regarding Lyn attacking Rubi... that's actually sorta suicidal if she was hit by Weak first thing. Fire2 counters risk getting her killed and are MT, so she's not doing -that-. She's trying to futilely break through Val's spin to not die instead, which is a lot less productive.

EDIT2: *Checks Rubi and Val DS, jaws drop at Rubi's best damage.* I really have to wonder what makes you think you can handle two people spamming MT 2HKO/MT overkill without much fuss against the DS versions of the fiends. Um, wow, that's pretty ridiculous, 2500 damage MT to a 1700 average is sorta insane, and it's probably not even reflectable.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:28:58 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 01:29:00 AM »
I'm going to kill Safari.  I'm on vacation right now on another computer, and I had a very polite and exhaustively detailed post as to my team's capabilities written up which just got eaten.  Will try and repost but ARGHHHHHHHHH GOING TO KILL THINGS HAVE NO TIME ANYWAY.

Short version for the DS version of the Fiends: Lightning is only turn 2 and massively telegraphed.  Inferno is getting owned by Insulate...  as I noted in my writuep.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 01:30:21 AM »
Insulate -does- not mitigate MT overkill with below average durability, unless you're casting it at least twice. You're not really getting to do it twice and Val can spam Lightning after she starts spinning. On the other hand, if you go on offense, you're also risking eating counters, which -will- finish things off without fairly exhaustive preparation. You see where this is going, right?

EDIT: GRANTED, it also damages Val! Oh wow, that's getting funny.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:33:39 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 01:40:32 AM »
Dude, you run out of resources to use the buffs that don't suck by Rubi/Val if you're going that route. Purim's resources actually sorta suck (60 MP by endgame? Nonononono). DQ8 buffs are horrible outside Acceleratle and there are more pressing matters in your fights.

DQ8 Buffs: Insulate is half damage to all fire & ice damage, on top of any resistances already.  Doesn't suck.  (And... that and Accelerate area ll I'm hyping this floor, as Oomphing Lyn pales in comparison to Moon Energying Lyn.)

Yes, 60 MP...  with the vast majority of Purim's spells that matter costing 2 and 3 MP.  If you see Purim as having to spam Revifier or Lucent Beam, she has resource issues, but otherwise?  It's all cheap.  And these fights don't last long.

Since I lost my work before I'm just going to C&P the stat topic list so people can see for themselves.

Undine

Cure Water 2MP - 999 Healing. This goes a little bit over the damage cap, so it's probably around 1050, for anyone who cares.
Ice Saber 2MP - Weapon is now Water Elemental and can Frosty at about a 75% rate. Frosty lasts about 25 seconds, during which time the enemy cannot be damaged or make any action.
Remedy 1MP - Cures all status ailments.

Salamando

Fire Bouquet 3MP - 400 Fire Damage, Lowers Attack:
EDIT: Meeple believes this to be a 33% decrease in the attack stat of an opponent.
Blaze Wall 4MP - 350 Fire Damage, Adds Engulf status for 15~20 seconds.
Flame Saber 2MP - Weapon now does Fire Damage and adds Engulf status for approximately 8 seconds.

Gnome

Stone Saber 4MP - Weapon now does Earth damage and has a 75% chance of Petrification. SoM Petrification only lasts around 8 seconds or so.
Defender 2MP - Increases Defense:
EDIT: Meeple tested this and says the defense increase is 50%. I will try and get more specific numbers as for what this does.
Speed Up 3MP - Increases Hit/Evade. Also doubles movement speed.

Sylphid

Balloon 2MP - Causes Balloon (Paralysis?) status for 20 seconds.
Analyzer 1MP - SCANS ENEMY FOR WEAKNESSES WOAMG.
Thunder Saber 3MP - Yeah yeah lightning damage saber woohoo

Lumina

Lucid Barrier 4MP - Absorbs 600 Physical Damage.
Lucent Beam 8MP - 480 Light Damage
Light Saber 2MP - Weapon now does Light damage

Luna

Lunar Boost 2MP - Increases Physical Damage by about 15%.
Moon Energy 2MP - Next SEVEN ATTACKS are Critical.
Moon Saber 2MP - Weapon damage done = Parasitic Healing. (Purim hits for 150, heals herself for 150)

Dryad

Wall 6 MP - Reflects all spells, also reflects positive spells unless there are no other viable targets available. Then it will cast on Purim. Lasts 40~ seconds.
Reviver 10 MP - Resurrects a dead target with 75% health.

Yes, you do. However, Garnet's offense is getting very expensive now and she started needing it to make damage stick. Purim's revival also isn't cheap and her good buffs which you're going to hype also blow through her MP - which you can't restore without fancy shenanigans that will get you killed in these fights because enemies have -pressure- here.

Purim doesn't need to use Lucid Barrier much at all, and it only costs 4 MP anyway?  Also Garnet's offense costs as much as it has on previous floors, less the fact that she has more max MP.  If you're referring to ARk, that's floor 7.  (If you want to argue Garnet's offense is worse comparatively, you might have an argument, but it's still mostly 22-30 MP out of 280 max MP.)

What -is- Defender?

I've been using "half damage" as a rough estimage in the Dungeon.  My recollection from in-game is that it's closer to "null all damage" - SoM uses a subtraction based defense I think, but this buff is percentage based?  Meaning that by endgame, most attacks just bounce off.  Still, half damage is good enough.

Tremor+Char = goodbye most of your party if you don't buff (quite possibly even -if you buff-, durable your team is not and you seriously overrate the effectiveness of their buffing strength, maybe due to not realizing that Purim's buffs get less effective as the targets spread. They're probably 20% as good as they are ST off five-PC MT), and buffing means you don't make any offensive leeway and Zera starts picking off people while you need to scramble off for your offense.

Lucid Barrier doesn't work on magic anyway, so that's not the issue.  Rena casts Anti, and now that's not a OHKO...  and I don't think Char is MT anyway.  Ask Meeple I guess?

Insert Quote
Zera is faster than 4/5s of your party and Acceleratle can't stave that off immediately. If you're not attacking him with Jess, even if you see him being OHKOed by everything, he gets a turn. And if you don't Acceleratle with Jess, Tremor+Char = gg because your healers don't get another turn between Melfice's second turn and Zog's first.

Just to point out here that you see FE characters as all average, right?  Not to say that's wrong, FE initiative is a headache, but I'm not sure most of the DL shares that (and Lyn is not worth 2 points at average init).  Anyway, see above about Anti hype, possibly with a Shell tossed in if anybody's particularly at threat.  If Char is even MT.

EDIT: Also, regarding Lyn attacking Rubi... that's actually sorta suicidal if she was hit by Weak first thing. Fire2 counters risk getting her killed and are MT, so she's not doing -that-. She's trying to futilely break through Val's spin to not die instead, which is a lot less productive.

Kinda irrelevant anyway, as since an Ice Sabred Twin Dragon Lash is an extreme extreme OHKO, Lyn doesn't need to be attacking Rubicant.  But I don't think Val should insta-double Lyn?  She needs to be spinning to use Weak.  But yeah, it doesn't really matter anyway (and Val's evade matters even less, as noted - I only work on Val once Rubi is dead if you use FF4o.)

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 01:46:07 AM »
Snowfire, Garnet does not have a ton of MP. Her cheapest summon takes up at least 10% of her mp and the good damage summons are extremely expensive. Curaga also takes abouut 10%.  Also I just realized how dangerous the FFT fight is for your team. If Rofel manages to get a turn with Lyn dead, he's destroying Jessica's weapon which wipes out a ton of her MP if she's using staves or a ton of her offense if she's using whips.

Jo'ou, Char is MT. If Jessica puts up insulate he swaps out Char for Gale which is a bit worse, but is still a 2HKO.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 01:47:03 AM »
Regarding Rubi/Val:

I meant whatever form you like for them. Sorry, I just always use their newly official names for everything. So whatever form you're most comfortable with.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 01:50:32 AM »
Insulate -does- not mitigate MT overkill with below average durability, unless you're casting it at least twice. You're not really getting to do it twice and Val can spam Lightning after she starts spinning. On the other hand, if you go on offense, you're also risking eating counters, which -will- finish things off without fairly exhaustive preparation. You see where this is going, right?

EDIT: GRANTED, it also damages Val! Oh wow, that's getting funny.

Suppose it's time to get out the calculator...

Inferno is 2500 damage to 1734 average HP.  That means...  1.44 PCHP damage.  Cut in half, that is .72 PCHP damage.  My team is generally around .9-1.0 PCHP, often with better magic defense than average.  This...  might OHKO Lyn with low Lyn respect?  (Fair enough, mind.)  If you see that as the case, that's annoying, but not really fatal; then the battle really does go slower, but again, Purim isn't having to use any of her really expensive stuff constantly so it's not a big dela.

dude: Yes, and Garnet is summoning maybe three times total?  With Cura generally being plenty of healing for my purposes anyway.  Garnet's summons aren't a big deal on this floor.

And the FFT fight is not really dangerous - how is Rofel getting this turn?  Adramelk should definitely be dead in the opening Salvo, and Kletian has a charge time meaning his damage is necessarily slower than Rofel's.  He has to hit Lyn, turn 1 at least.  And with the amount of revival and healing I have, that situation shouldn't change on later turns.

If Char is MT then kill the stat topic for me, but I don't think it makes that big of a difference.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 01:56:00 AM »
Just to point out here that you see FE characters as all average, right?  Not to say that's wrong, FE initiative is a headache, but I'm not sure most of the DL shares that (and Lyn is not worth 2 points at average init).  Anyway, see above about Anti hype, possibly with a Shell tossed in if anybody's particularly at threat.

You'll be hard-pressed to find people who -do- take FE speed as initiative speed at all, since FE AS has no bearing on how fast your turn comes (and I'm honestly shocked that you think this is typical, but that's neither here nor there). The only one who does that I know of is OK. Anti is also slower than Zera and Zera+Melfice 2HKO Rena with Tremor+Gadzap. Shell I don't think is MTable and lasts -less than two turns-. Also keep in mind that MT 2HKO -forces people to heal-. Off Purim, due to unfocusing, it won't be full, and off Garnet, that's 20 less MP (because her Curaga costs that much), and I'm not even bothering to tell how much Rena's 40% mHP MT healing is completely awsum. You also can't make leeway until you heal, because a counter from -anyone- there will kill you.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 02:06:12 AM »
Anti is also slower than Zera and Zera+Melfice 2HKO Rena with Tremor+Gadzap.

Which is irrelevant.  Under your interpretation Jessica OHKOs Zera with Twin Dragon Lash.  And Rena has a turn 1, so she Antis then.  You're hyping this MT barrage with Zog at the tail end of turn 1/ Melfice at the beginning of turn 2, right?  Rena certainly goes by then and Antis Zog & Melfice's Tremor + Char.

Shell I don't think is MTable and lasts -less than two turns-. Also keep in mind that MT 2HKO -forces people to heal-.

Which fight are you referring to?  You're correct about Shell, but even lasting for two turns is enough sometimes when I can KO the dungeon baddie on turn 1 and 2, like is the case with FF4o fiends - the whole Purim Ice Sabers Jessica, Jessica smashs with Twin Dragon Lash early turn 2 thing.

Edit: If you meant the FF4DS fiends, well, I'm still killing them pretty quickly, especially if you see Lyn as surviving - Moon Energy'd Doubles and all.  So even if Garnet needs to use Curaga rather than Cura, Rubicante is going down on like turn 2, turn 3 at worst.  If you don't see Lyn as living, then I probably fall back on Ice Sabred Twin Dragon Lash, which probably 2HKOs Rubicante (DS's ice weakness isn't 4x so no glorious OHKO, alas), which is still not taxing Garnet's resources much.  Or Garnet could just Cura and use Rena's MT Heal together.

Another random thought...  Purim's Wall could also render this fight pretty easy, as an alternative strategy.  Neither original nor DS's physicals are overly impressive; Lyn will die once due to unable to be healed from Wall, but then she'll be revived repeatedly and the opposing team would be basically helpless at doing significant damage to my team even if they got a turn with Lyn dead, and since Jess would likely have Accelerated before Wall...  I think a simpler strategy also works, but this one also exists for the skeptical.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 02:43:17 AM by SnowFire »