Author Topic: [Game Over] Worms Armageddon Mafia  (Read 57159 times)

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 3] Worms Armageddon Mafia
« Reply #375 on: August 27, 2009, 12:40:11 AM »
Votecount

Rat (0):
Glen (0): Smodge
Soppy (0):
Smodge (1): Glen, Yoshi, Glen
Tom (0): Kilga
Mage (1): Rat, Yoshi
Kilga (1): Mage, Mage
Yoshi (4): Tom, Kilga, Kiro, Glen, Alice, Alice, Soppy
Alice (3): Soppy, Tom, Yoshi, Smodge
Kiro (0):

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 3 ends in 2 hours.

Mod note 1: When unvoting please specify who you are unvoting so I can quickly check what to edit. Thanks.

Mod note 2: I will kill you all in the postgame if days ALWAYS come down to deadlines.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 01:45:23 AM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Kiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 27, 2009, 01:02:00 AM »
New developments abound. Had to reread all of this again and my opinions are changing.

Regarding Alice's #297: Saying Soppy and I cover most of Yoshi is meh. I don't usually have a problem with people reiterating other points because at least we see specific reasons coming out of your mouth that you can be held accountable for rather than us having to guess which of Soppy's or my points you agree with. In any case, the original points Alice takes the time to provide is only of Yoshi believing the fakeclaim (which 2 other people happened to support as well) and "hammering for Town cred." The first point doesn't differentiate Yoshi from Tom or Smodge. And I thought the hammering for Town cred is a null point; it was at the end of my case on Yoshi as well, but hardly the largest thing I disliked about Yoshi. So it does seem like low-effort reasoning to vote Yoshi. And I see you repeat those 2 points in #331 when you revote Yoshi, not really mentioning Yoshi's Day 1 actions which is what I focussed on to differentiate Yoshi from Smodge or Tom.

---

Actually, since I seemed to miss this when reviewing Tom's new cases, Soppy actually takes the time to present a case on Yoshi, but instead of voting Yoshi, votes Alice saying Alice needs to participate more. I can probably understand you wanting to highlight Alice, but your later unvote of Alice indicates it was more a lurker prod as you proclaim, "Alice is finally participating" without mentioning whether Alice's content is actually any good or not! You just said there was content, but did you really agree or disagree or what? I can now see why Tom decided to declare you two a scumpair.

Also Sopko: "Bard hadn't even been suspected until Alex and I jumped on him?" You trying to claim equal credit with Alex for finding Bard? Unfortunately for you, that's subjective because Alex had presented it first. You just happened to be the next person to post and also voted Bard. I don't believe you can declare that so strongly. And it doesn't really prove your point anyway, that you couldn't have bussed Bard just because you were second and early.

---

None of these new points are really obvscum damning against Alice, but I'm inclined to switch mainly cuz I've started to feel better about Yoshi off to the side (his reclarification of his case on Smodge helped quite a bit). I've had the time to vet Yoshi, see a variety of people comment on him and his case and I'm feeling better about him now. Alice is still more of an unknown along with the points of contention from before: end of Day 1 offenses, lack of end of Day 2 presence, and a case on Yoshi that I'm starting to disagree with. Smodge is still a little meh, but his also voting Alice alongside Yoshi kind of tips the balance in his favor. Because I'm not seeing both of them as scumbuddies so one if not both of them honestly see Alice as Scum. If it's between Yoshi or Alice at this point, I'll go with the vote on Alice.

##Unvote Yoshi
##Vote Alice

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 27, 2009, 01:09:57 AM »
@Kiro: I think Smodge is pretty bad as well, and would readily vote him as well, especially considering his latest actions concerning vote-switching (Smodge: why are you voting me? At least Tom and Kiro provide cases and Yoshi is trying to save himself), so I'm not seeing your point.

Also I'm not getting why people are clearing Yoshi all of a sudden, especially this close to deadline. Can we not deadline-rush Every Single Day in this game, seriously? (Also I'm not seeing the clear - his defence was unsatisfactory as far as I am concerned). Also I'm not seeing a lack of D2 presence as being all that damning either, especially considering how fast days go in this game. In any order I thought I fixed the lack of activity issues.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 27, 2009, 01:18:44 AM »
(Barely) awake, catching up. Had to set 2 alarms. >.>
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 27, 2009, 01:33:45 AM »
Augh, one hour before deadline and I'm forced to claim. Yay. I'm the Magic Bullet, Townie Bomb. If lynched, the last person on the wagon dies, if killed, the person NKing me dies. Would rather not be today's lynch.

Am fine with seeing either Yoshi or Smodge get lynched. Not comfortable with anyone else getting lynched at this point in time.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2009, 01:39:01 AM »
I do think we're kinda limited on the trains we can persue today. I wouldn't be against a smodge lynch either though, the way he's switched from 'alice is totally town' to 'oh but I agree with everything Tom says there' with little quantification is pretty concerning and I didn't like how he acted at the end of day two at all.

In any case he's at about the same level as Alice for me. Both have come in on the tails of other detailed cases and contributed little extra; both are also behaving quite wishy-washy over the whole affair. I think I have to set Smodge as a bit worse, though; turning around and claiming his glen vote was 'pressure-based' does indeed contradict with how he originally presented it- not to mention that given how Glen was competing with Tonfa on day one it's hard to see him as a likely buddy there in the first place. The style of his train-hopping is also rather worse than Alice's; he comes in on the heels of Tom's post (the only real quality I see having for it is it's size) and Yoshi's counteractive "I must live!" post. It doesn't seem impossible that he's buddies with Yoshi, although I want to withhold judgement on this until I see flips.

##Unvote: Mage, ##Vote: Smodge (you whiner, Laggy)

pfffffft wait what ninja

ok first

##Unvote: Mage

Secondly, I propose that people shove off the Yoshi train. I'd really like it if Mage voted Alice right now, this is essentially doublelynchtime if he's telling the truth (and scum if he's not.) Alicelynch basically has to happen now, bomb is useless at night on a claim like this. Would also be happy enough to leave Smodge at the tail end.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2009, 01:41:18 AM »
And by Smodge I mean Smodge and not Kiro, who is actually at the tail end. Who's alive? God, this was a lame time to claim that.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 27, 2009, 01:43:28 AM »
##Unvote Alice
##Vote: Alice

I'm happy with this

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 27, 2009, 01:44:57 AM »
Quickreply -

@Alice
That's awesome. I don't believe you, but if it's true then we get 2 lynches today. Bad luck if you're town, what an unfortunate role (for you).

Alice DEFINATELY dies today, along with a second lynchee, hooray.

Ninja rat - yeah smodge sounds good, agreed. I don't want Kiro at the end though, I consider him too towny.

Ninja Smodge - Awesome Smodge. Ok cool :D

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 27, 2009, 01:46:09 AM »
That was surprisingly manly there, it's already giving me second thoughts. >_>

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 27, 2009, 01:46:32 AM »
Honestly, my wishy washyness has more been from my lack of time to really play this game.
>.> was considering requesting a modkill.

I have been utterly confused with this entire game never really had the time to read it from start to finish and have just been trying what i can with bits and pieces hence the jumping around.

This kind of saves me the trouble and makes sure noone important gets knocked out by bomb if Alice is telling truth >.>

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2009, 01:48:23 AM »
oh and i think Alice is lying scum anyway

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 27, 2009, 01:48:40 AM »
If they're both scum, smodge would know Alice is fakeclaiming?

If they're both town, then smodge is either sure Alice is scum, or should be roleclaiming?

Ninja smodge - yes how manly, my hero *swoon*

STOP NINJAING ME EVERYTIME I PRESS POST PLSKTHX

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 27, 2009, 01:51:46 AM »
Tom why would i risk throwing it away unless i was nilla...... really?

Also my necks on the chopping block tomorrow along with Yoshi, this gives town a clearer way to discuss things if i die with Alice and should stop smokescreening >.> honestly im surprised at how little votes i've racked up.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 27, 2009, 01:52:33 AM »
Yeah, it's hard to tell and I'm not really going to try and think about it right now. I didn't think it terribly likely they were a team though.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 27, 2009, 01:53:42 AM »
If I'm stuck with dying, then Smodge dying along with me is probably the best possible course. Works decently, etc, though I'm still slightly puzzled at his MANLINESS. It doesn't make sense for either Scum OR Town to do that...

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2009, 01:55:18 AM »
Tom why would i risk throwing it away unless i was nilla...... really?

Also my necks on the chopping block tomorrow along with Yoshi, this gives town a clearer way to discuss things if i die with Alice and should stop smokescreening >.> honestly im surprised at how little votes i've racked up.

Ok cool, just checking. Wouldn't want towncop or doc to ragequit on AliceBomb or whatnot.
The reason for that is because there's been a lot worse to vote for >.<
* EvilTom Apologises to Laggy for running game to wire

@Alice - if somebody refused to do so, and claimed vanilla, then they'd be obvscum?

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 27, 2009, 01:56:51 AM »
Hmm. That's... an interesting development. I doubt Alice is lying about the role, but I think the alignment is a lie.
So... what? Do we just sit around and wait for the rest of the day to play out now?

Alice'Ninja: It makes sense for a suspicious Town to do it. Hell, I was going to say the same, seeing as I've been under pressure all day. If it clears the way for Town, then it's the best CoA.
(The reason I'm not suggesting I should take the bullet now is because Smodge has said he doesn't have much time, whereas I probably have enough time to play.. as well as I can, at least. >.>)

Tom'Ninja: ...Yeah. Sorry, Laggy. =P

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #393 on: August 27, 2009, 01:57:44 AM »
##Unvote: Yoshi

Just to make sure no one tries to bring this back up to a tie.

I salute you, Smodge.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2009, 01:57:59 AM »
Scum bomb is impossible in this setup.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 27, 2009, 01:58:50 AM »
Actually would it be at all possible to convince Yoshi to unvote/vote for Alice? I'd rather he explode than Smodge. >_>

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 27, 2009, 01:59:51 AM »
Comments before i go.

Keep an Eye on Rat, it was slightly suspicious he called for someone to throw themselves on the bomb and has been cheerleading an Alice train this whole time without voting at all......
Not much case mainly instincts here.

All the others i've made my cases on anyway.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2009, 02:00:28 AM »
@Alice - if somebody refused to do so, and claimed vanilla, then they'd be obvscum?
Not necessarily - I don't envy his position, it'd being stuck between a rock and a hard place, if he votes he dies, if he does not he gets Hella Suspicion on him. I was expecting at least some objection from him, though...

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2009, 02:00:59 AM »
Smodge was going to ask for modkill anyway, apparently.
Smodge is dodgier than Yoshi IMO.
Leave it as it is methinks.

(As tempting as it is to see Yoshi put his money where his mouth is - it's easy enough to say "Oh I was JUST ABOUT to volunteer for it").

it was slightly suspicious he called for someone to throw themselves on the bomb
No, he beat me to it by seconds.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2009, 02:01:47 AM »
If Yoshi said that I'd hope he got lynched almost immediately.