Register

Author Topic: [Game Over] Worms Armageddon Mafia  (Read 57123 times)

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 4] Worms Armageddon Mafia
« Reply #475 on: August 29, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »
I could've sworn Smodge was the one who posted that. All duly noted, though.

*ahem* Anyways. What makes Soppy's last post stick out to me.

Why are people saying it's scummy I'm admitting to bad play and being new?

Nothing wrong to admitting to bad play. People make mistakes during the game. Trying to excuse bad play for because you're new is a very, very bad defense strategy, especially this late in the game. Especially when you're not really doing much to improve your play. LAL also stands for Lynch All Lurkers around these parts.

Poor logic, given that I haven't been lurking.

I totally got Deadline wrong by a whole day. Wow. I am out of it.
4) Does nobody care that my train has started (and almost ended) with relatively little/no discussion? It's mostly been "Here's my case, here's my vote" with a dash of response to my defenses when I can get them in. Does nobody care that they've made it incredibly easy for the last scum to train-hop? And it wouldn't look damning at all, either.
5)
I just can't win, can I?

4) We have been discussing it and working with your defenses. It's just that with each defense you instead dig your own grave by acting more and more like a scum caught in a corner.

5) What is this supposed to say/mean? Don't quote things without an explanation.

That was a QFT. Was it really some great mystery like Soppy made it seem? Really?
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 29, 2009, 12:13:11 AM »
Also, Soppy tried to bring me down for something that had no real substance. He tries to make me seem scummy because I was forgetful with my votes, and actually calls me out for having my Smodge vote in the same post as my vote on him, despite my acknowledging I had meant it to be earlier. Soppy has been using Questionable logic to try and take me down, and it seems to be working.

I can't find the post, but I'd like to point back to when Alex was alive. He had a post saying that people should be more careful with their votes. That they should be careful not to fall for the same thing that happened with the LagAlex hivemind last game.
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 29, 2009, 01:20:47 AM »
And lynching town doesn't help town ever either. I'm trying to get people to stop hunting me, because I'm not scum. I'm town. And I'd rather that I get mod-killed and allow my mislynch to up-and-vanish than to allow a full day to get wasted, and have not only one town die, but two, thanks to NK. WHAT DOES TOWN GAIN FROM LOSING TWO TOWNIES!?

[/fume]

Now what you're doing there is essentially threatening town, though you may or may not know it. We aren't guaranteed to strike scum even if you are town and allow yourself to be modkilled. So we'd be running the risk of losing three townies in the equation.

Though I firmly maintain my stand on the ease of my train. And I would very much like a Soppy lynch, as he is the only one actively trying to tear apart all my cases and make me look as bad as possible. And now that he's gone after my latest defense, he disappeared.

Yes. Yes I am. Thats what you're supposed to do when you're scumhunting. You pick at peoples' defenses and see how they react. Otherwise, people would just peel off after a token defense and no one would ever be lynched. As for me trying to make you look as bad as possible... I think you're already doing a good job of that, if you'll excuse the flippiance of the remark.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2009, 01:57:14 AM »
I have nothing else to say. If I'm going to be killed, let us do so now.
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 29, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »
Going on about the 'ease of your train' seems a bit wrong when you consider that the day started with two competing trains and only went over to you midway through discussion- not to mention that I can't see how a smooth train is inherently suspicious anyway (particularly after most of the scumteam is, y'know, dead.)

Mage's defense is so much chaff; as far as I can tell, it mostly boiled down to 'but guys lynching me is bad! you don't wanna lynch me!' instead of really dealing with arguments on him. With comments like "The train is progressing too fast!/Soppy is making me look bad!"... yeah. I got nothing else to add, short of asking someone to hammer already.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 29, 2009, 02:35:44 AM »
##Unvote Soppy

##Vote Magetastic

Let's just end this.
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2009, 06:08:17 AM »
"And thou shalt count to 3,"

"3 is the number to be counted,"

"Halle-freaking-lujah."

Mage, Holy Hand Grenade and TOWN BULLETPROOF, met a very holy smithereeny end! (LYNCHED)

Votecount

Rat (0):
Glen (0):
Soppy (1): Kilga, Kiro, Tom, Mage
Smodge (1): Soppy, Glen, Rat, Mage
Tom (0):
Mage (5): Kiro, Rat, Soppy, Kilga, Mage
Kilga (0):
Kiro (0):

With 8 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

Send in Night 4 actions.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 5] Worms Armageddon Mafia
« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
Good Idea™:

Bad Idea™:

Kiro, Flamethrower and VANILLA TOWNIE, burned baby burned! (NIGHTKILLED)

It is now Day 5. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 ends in 48 hours on Monday Aug 31, 8:00am PST.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »
##Vote Soppy

I'm tellin ya, the guy is scum.

Soppy (1): Kilga, Kiro, Tom, Mage
*gulp*

However if I had to pick someone else, it would be smodge. This is subject to change since I haven't done a full re-read of the thread since before the end of day 3.

Oh and it's now confirmed there's only 1 scum left. The best way to catch lonescum is to look at prior associations. I've been pointing to Alice/Soppy associations and lackthereof for ages now.

I don't mean to rolefish, but a copclaim could probably win the game at this point. If there's a cop in this game and they don't claim, there's a real danger they will die soon (less players, statistically more likely). I'm not calling out the cop here, I'm just suggesting some metagame theory.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 29, 2009, 04:14:17 PM »
Smodge: I tend to take things a day at a time because reading over the content of the person who died at Night sometimes changes my opinions on who's Scum. But evidence wise at this time, probably back on Soppy.

I know reading into NK's are usually a bad idea but.....

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 29, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
Also i won't be making any significant posts for about 12 hours, intoxicated at the moment so i probably would make even less sense than normal if i try

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #486 on: August 29, 2009, 04:42:07 PM »
Okay.

Glen and Tom are still solid townies to me. Looking back over yesterday (as well as doing a full game review) during the night, I lean town on Soppy because I felt his defenses were more than adequate, and I lean town on Smodge because he was a powerful vote in the swing from Yoshi to Alice.

That leaves only one person.

##Vote: Carthrat

Day 1

Pursues easy target (Glen)
Puts Alex above Tonfa in terms of scumminess, giving him leeway to vote to save Tonfa if necessary
Ends day with vote on easy target that, if train happened to reach station, could have been passed of as "well his noobishness was scummy" as opposed to trying to justify a switch to Excal to save Tonfa which would have been much harder to do (especially since he had stated he believed Excal to be town)
ALEX IF YOU ARE STILL READING THIS GAME THIS IS WHY I WISH YOU WOULD ELABORATE DAY 1 CASES MORE :(

Day 2

Goes to me over Alice for the Excal train and only flips to Alice after extensive lurking
Choosing Bard over Alex forced by the need to be consistent with his prevfiously stated views here

Day 3

Pursues easy target (Mage) that allows him to coast through day while others are pushed to the forefront
Encourages people give me townie credit for my Bard actions - possible indirect endorsement of his own
Claims Alice is second choice - possible throwaway statement to garner extra credit if lynch somehow swings to Alice while letting him sit on Mage (Note that all of his anti-Alice commentary is done while Alice is in no serious danger)
Doesn't comment on Alice's scumminess now that serious Alice train has formed; in fact, he objects to a pairing idea with Alice in it
Note: At this point I've realized ScumRat would benefit from trying to shoot down Tom's Alice/Soppy theory because Alice's flip made Soppy a huge mislynch target and said Soppy mislynch would make Rat look good
Note 2: Claims he still wishes to push Mage case despite swing to Mage being extremely unlikely, yet made comments earlier about how Mage's continued pursuit of an unlikely lynch (me) was scummy - this is very similar, if not the same thing
Rest of day is spent as AliBomb traffic cop, which is a good activity cover

Day 4

Votes Smodge (null tell)
Jumps back onto easy target (Mage) at first opportunity (given by Kiro)
Rest of day plays out fairly predictably after Mage self-destructs

Conclusion: Rat's one solid vote on scum was necessitated by his previous opinions and otherwise he's been sitting back and picking at easy targets while not having to get involved in the main melees. This is coasting at its finest, and it's time he was called on it.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 29, 2009, 04:46:57 PM »
Smodge: I tend to take things a day at a time because reading over the content of the person who died at Night sometimes changes my opinions on who's Scum. But evidence wise at this time, probably back on Soppy.

I know reading into NK's are usually a bad idea but.....

Reading into this NK is easy. Kiro was clearly town and clearly the most powerful player still on the board. Every other player in the game had every reason to attack him were they scum.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 29, 2009, 06:22:49 PM »
Kilga makes great points; I hadn't noticed Rat's voting record.

##Unvote Soppy
##Vote Rat

Soppy, what do you think of rat?
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 29, 2009, 06:54:21 PM »
##Vote: Smodge

Yeah, pretty much feel the same on things, preemptive apology for lack of posts/post content, I've been getting ready to move to an apartment near my college recently, and will be actually moving tomorrow.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 29, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »
Glen, do you mind, y'know, reading the day's proceedings?

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 29, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »
Agree with Kilga, i have made a few minor cases against Rat since day 1, Kilga's points only add to this, would place a vote but i dislike putting someone on -1 before they even get to address the issue

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 29, 2009, 07:32:47 PM »
I'd started being suspicious of Rat yesterday, and put together about a paragraph of vague rumblings in:
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=3833.msg73281#msg73281

I just sort of dropped it after the Mage thing happened though and it kinda got lost. Not that it really had any teeth whatsoever.

I agree with Kilga that it really is coasting at it's finest. It's so mild that even under scrutiny it's hard to completely confident in it. Never been particularly helpful to town at any given point, and with Mage flipping town it destroys the only real case he ever put forward.

##Vote: Rat

Your thoughts, Rat?

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 29, 2009, 07:47:57 PM »
Votecount

Rat (3): Kilga, Tom, Soppy
Glen (0):
Soppy (0): Tom
Smodge (1): Glen
Tom (0):
Kilga (0):

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 ends in 44 hours.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2009, 12:20:04 AM »
agh whatever I'm too sick to win this, apologies to scumteam

##ninjaropeintodeathvote: Rat

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 30, 2009, 12:25:39 AM »
'twas approaching the twilight of a long and treacherous war, and fellow worms had accused Rat of utilizing the power of Darkside.

"But fear not," his peers exclaimed, "we shall salvage your soul, Rat!" And so they summoned forth the Salvation Army.

And lo and behold, Rat WAS saved, freed from the bonds of Darkside--

But to their horror he transformed into something beyond all mortal means. A weapon of terrible might and past even the foulest of imaginations. It was a dark day indeed--

Fortunately, he missed, as Mortar tends to do.

"No! You are beyond salvation, Rat! The Axe of Justice must be swung to cleanse your poisoned soul!" Rat shrieked and writhed in pain, but his fellow Worms knew the Law of which all worms were bound to, and--

The battle axe went snicker-snack--

They left Rat dead, and with his head--

And then he exploded, and there were jubilations.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: [Game Over] Worms Armageddon Mafia
« Reply #496 on: August 30, 2009, 12:26:38 AM »
Worms Armageddon Setup

Brave Warriors of Boggy B
Glen - VANILLA TOWNIE
Alex - TOWN JAILER
Excal - VANILLA TOWNIE
Soppy - VANILLA TOWNIE
Smodge - VANILLA TOWNIE
Tom - TOWN DOCTOR
Mage - TOWN BULLETPROOF
Delta - VANILLA TOWNIE
Yoshi - VANILLA TOWNIE
Xanth - VANILLA TOWNIE
Kiro - VANILLA TOWNIE

Villainous Scum of the Scorched Earth
Rat - VANILLA SCUM
Tonfa - VANILLA SCUM
Bard - VANILLA SCUM
Alice - SCUM HITMAN (1-shot)

Night 1 Actions
Alex: Jail Rat
Tom: Protect Tom
Tonfa: Kill Xanth

Night 2 Actions
Alex: Jail Kilga
Tom: Protect Alex
Alice: Hitman Alex

Night 3 Actions
Tom: Protect Tom
Rat: Kill Yoshi

Night 4 Actions
Tom: Protect Kilga
Rat: Kill Kiro

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 30, 2009, 12:28:12 AM »
really that's not what I was hoping to wake up to this morning. @_@

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 30, 2009, 12:31:15 AM »
Well that redeems my absolutely terrible play all game. Good game to scum. Shame that you were left in that bind on Day 2, though.

Protecting me Night 4, Tom? Seriously? I thought Kiro was the obvious choice. >_>

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 30, 2009, 12:31:56 AM »
Mandatory and tremendous thanks to Smashy for both co-modding and providing the many pictures that entertained everyone during day/night transitions. Give 'em a round of applause, folks.

And to town as well.

Smodge needs to avatar Super Smodge.