Author Topic: [Game Over] Worms Armageddon Mafia  (Read 57155 times)

Bardiche

Re: [Day 1] Worms Armageddon Mafia
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2009, 03:54:58 PM »
Bard, why do you think a vote on Alex NOW is appropriate?

I want to lynch him.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »
For the record, when Alex presents "Rat was scum because ____________" and "Excal is scum because __________" I will remove my vote from him. As long as the reaosns are good, of course.

I'm curious as to why Soppy didn't deem it prudent to address the people calling him out on his obviously incorrect assessment of Glen.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2009, 04:01:04 PM »
Votecount

Rat (0): Tonfa, Smodge, Glen, Alex
Glen (4): Bard, Rat, Tonfa, Yoshi, Alice, Bard, Tonfa, Tom
Bard (0): Glen, Yoshi
Alex (3): Delta, Kilga, Yoshi, Bard
Tonfa (4): Xanth, Bard, Mage, Kiro, Yoshi, Excal
Excal (4): Mage, Glen, Soppy, Glen, Alex, Smodge
Soppy (0): Kiro
Smodge (0):
Tom (0): Mage
Mage (0): Tom, Excal, Tonfa
Delta (0):
Kilga (0):
Yoshi (0): Xanth, Excal, Kiro, Smodge
Xanth (0):
Alice (0): Smodge, Alex
Kiro (0): Soppy, Rat, Mage

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in 2 hours.

Mod note: Alice is on the inactive modkill watch list for having been absent over 24 hours and having made a total of 1 post.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:04:26 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
I'm curious as to why Soppy didn't deem it prudent to address the people calling him out on his obviously incorrect assessment of Glen.

I don't recall people other than you calling me out on that. Reading back over, I see Rat had something stuck in the middle of a (albiet short) paragraph that I missed, but thats about it. I said that Glen's behavior struck me as pro-town. What concrete proof do you have at the moment that this is obviously incorrect? At this point it's all about the read we have on people and until the flip I'm fine with the bead I have on the situation.

Xanth

• Denizen
  • Girls go on dates on Valentine's Day?
    • View Profile
Devotion Pancake Crevasse
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2009, 04:14:58 PM »
I'm back and around now, for whatever that's worth. 4-4-4-3 is a thoroughly daft way to approach the deadline.

I'm still seeing Tonfa over the other three, but I'll review the other three cases in case it ends up split between two of the others.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2009, 04:24:14 PM »
Well, okay, if you insist on not reading the topic.

Glen's last few posts have really screamed town to me. He really doesn't seem to let defending himself get in the way of his scumhunting.

Also as you saw with my switch from you back to Excal, Tonfa and Bardiche were both quick to jump on me, and before I did that switch I was under the impression that changing my case from either of you to someone else would garner a "Glen gave up...SCUMTELL!!" reaction from others.

Please explain to me how the latter bold supports the former bold.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2009, 04:38:54 PM »
Anyone still going 'oh glen's just newbtown'... please think about this. It seems like it's far more likely for newbscum to be very reputation-conscious and to jabber on about what actions he himself could take are scummy. He's posting and that's not bad but almost nothing he's said has been above board stuff.

Very definately not thinking Excal deserves a lynch today, I'm still not entirely sure how he's actually earned those votes. As for the other trains, I'm not terribly happy with either of them. Where's Tonfa been? Why is Alex refusing to say anything? I don't know, they're both acceptable lynches at this point, slightly edging Alex over Tonfa since what he has said has seemed far weirder. No train has someone on it I don't find questionable. Probably going to crash before deadline.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »
Note to self: Check the votecount more.

As it stands, we're deciding between Tonfa, Excal, and Glen. Personally, I still don't see the case against Glen. He still strikes me as just... y'know... new. I mean, he got accused, and has been flailing around trying to defend himself. 

As for Tonfa vs. Excal, Excal has still been sloppy and fluffy, which strikes me as odd, but my target is still Tonfa. First and foremost. Though Excal and Alex are taking a good couple of seats behind him.

Scum ladder goes: Tonfa > Excal/Alex >>>>>>>> Glen

Ninja'd. After reading that, yeah. Being new isn't a case of "he's obviously town!" or "he's obviously scum!" It's just a null read that muddles things up. So Glen is currently neutral to me.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2009, 04:54:09 PM »
I'm still around, and probably will be for the deadline. Leaving my vote with Alex as he's far and away the most suspicious to me so far, although would be happy to switch if we're cruising for a tiebreak. I'm reluctant to lynch Mage today, as he strikes me as neutral, as opposed to Tonfa/Glen who are looking slightly Mafia.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2009, 05:02:46 PM »
I'm still around, and probably will be for the deadline. Leaving my vote with Alex as he's far and away the most suspicious to me so far, although would be happy to switch if we're cruising for a tiebreak. I'm reluctant to lynch Mage today, as he strikes me as neutral, as opposed to Tonfa/Glen who are looking slightly Mafia.

Uhmwhat? Mind explaining where this is coming from? Just real quick?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2009, 05:15:40 PM »
As I said I would, I've taken a re-read of the main lynch-trains' posts in the topic. Your posts strike me more as newbie either way than Mafia. I know some people have said the same as Glen, but his backwards logic earlier in the day strikes me as newbie Mafia, hence my suspicions of him remaining.
Put simply, you're a neutral read, whereas the others all strike me as slightly suspicious (or, in Alex's case, very suspicious.)

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »
Um, that's a good thing for you, Mage. Not sure why you'd get in a tizzy over it.

Can someone explain exactly why people are voting Excal? I couldn't see anything really wrong with the guy during my reread.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2009, 05:18:55 PM »
Yeah, sorry Yoshi. Just got confused, because it seemed like you were reading a possible lynch on me on D1. My bad.

As for your question, Kilga, I know that my suspicions are on him because his posts seem sloppier and fluffier than they ought to be.
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2009, 05:23:45 PM »
Um, that's a good thing for you, Mage. Not sure why you'd get in a tizzy over it.

Can someone explain exactly why people are voting Excal? I couldn't see anything really wrong with the guy during my reread.

My reasoning is for a few different things.

His voting record so far he has gone for Tonfa/Mage/Yoshi.

Tonfa i still fail to see the case on
Mages case seems newb town
Yoshi also to a degree can be considered the same although i'm leaning more towards scum on this one

Excal votes have been on things that seem to be more playstyle/wordslips/newbishness than actual scum tells and the reasons he's voting seem to be for simple mistakes.

On top of all this Excal often tears apart people cases and arguments and points out the faulty logic yet doesn't seem to follow this up with any accusations, he seems to be playing the "safe" route to me and go for the easy lynches by agreeing with peoples cases instead of constructing his own which seems scummish to me.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »
Excal's arguments have seemed clearly defined to me. Do you (or anyone else since you're not actually voting for him) have concrete examples of this "sloppiness"?

Ninja by Smodge, will look into what he's saying momentarily.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2009, 05:29:17 PM »
Ugh, rapidly approaching deadline. Need to properly go over both of Excal and Tonfa's posts before I decide which of them to vote, as 4-4-4 is a pathologically daft way to approach deadline. Still think Glen Veil is being scummy, though. Not buying Kilga's case on Alex at all, it would be decent if we had no other but in the current situation a bit of lurkiness on D1 is not worse than posting inconsistencies and undefined arguments.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2009, 05:30:50 PM »
Alright, just woke up.

I'm kind of weary about the people that have forgone voting on the obvious trains to try and start new ones, leaving us with this 3 way tie + 1 under heavy pressure.

I would have been much happier if people had either just voted me or tonfa to secure a lynch with certainty, but instead people start two new trains.

I think at this point it's best to vote the suspicious person with the most votes, instead of the most suspicious person.

I can't really stick around for the last half hour but, since I think it will help people decide better maybe, since Tonfa has more votes the Excal when not considering my own:

##Unvote: Excal
##Vote: Tonfa

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
Okay I can see that argument against Excal a bit more. I would understand Excal's position if he had ever actually said what made the Baton look less good in his eyes than Glen, but...he didn't, so.

Hrm. Alex, Glen, Excal, and not a lot of time to muse.

More ninjas.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Marionette Teacher Diary
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2009, 05:32:01 PM »
I'm looking something like Tonfa > Glen > Excal > Alex, although I keep on moving Excal on that list as I've been writing this.

I can see Alex not getting involved in day one as being unhelpful and dickish easily enough, but still don't get behind the lurker push. Even on rereading I see his minimalistic posts covering more people and ground than others. Absolutely bloody useless at helping to actually pressure anyone, and I do hope that he's planning on waking up as of day 2 (because yes, this level of input just can't go on forever), but it reads like crazyAlex to me, which I see as neutral at worst.

Excal has done a few odd things that concern me, notably the gas bag and quite how much effort's been put into arguing with Mage and then Glen, with not much else besides. In my list in the first line I actually had him safer than Alex, but on looking over his posts I'm surprised by how slanted the ratio is, and the main thing that stops me from accusing him of railroading discussion at this point is that discussion actually hasn't been railroaded, bar the brief section with Mage tripping over his shoes at every turn.

Ninjas suddenly everywhere. Getting this out now.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2009, 05:35:02 PM »
'kay, I'm back here. Less than half an hour remaining, countless walls of text. Obviously I'm not down with lynching myself, reading up on the other three possible cases real quicklike.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2009, 05:38:12 PM »
Alice: I thought it could be inferred from my posts that lurker accusation is secondary to Alex not explaining why the hell he's voting for people. Apparently I was wrong (as evidenced by Xanth also missing this). I agree that a pure lurker charge isn't enough at this juncture which is why this post exists.

My vote will most likely move from Alex to one of Glen and Excal anyway (I disagree with the Tonfa train to the point where I will actively vote against it). Right now I'm actually slightly leaning Excal now that I've noticed he never actually commented on Tonfa before voting for him, but I'm holding out hope that this Alex explanation gets more discussion about him.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2009, 05:44:06 PM »
Real quicklike summary:

Supporting Glentrain. His last post just reads all kinds of wrong to me. It basically says: "Stop thinking and lynch Tonfa damnit", without actually giving a reason for me being a scum candidate in any way. Also plays up the martyr card "would have been happier if people voted me or Tonfa" which is also Not A Good Thing.

Xanth

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Earwig Stamp Mill
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2009, 05:45:39 PM »
Kilga: No, I think Alex has explained his votes in incredibly loose terms rather than not at all.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »
Oh, also avoids responsibility by trying to justify it as "helping people decide better maybe, I'm outta here". Nice combination there.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2009, 05:47:54 PM »
A hell running low on time.
Alex train is basically dead this brings us to Tonfa/glen/excal

Excal is still worst on my list but 3 votes would be needed now for majority
Glen Vs Tonfa.

Glen come sup a newb town to me
Tonfa i still cannot see the case on nor understand it.

If push comes to shove i'm willing to vote Glen but there are 3 others i would rather vote for >.>