Author Topic: [Game Over] Worms Armageddon Mafia  (Read 57160 times)

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 3] Worms Armageddon Mafia
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2009, 02:52:36 PM »
Votecount

Rat (0):
Glen (1): Smodge
Soppy (0):
Smodge (0): Glen
Tom (0): Kilga
Mage (1): Rat
Kilga (1): Mage
Yoshi (5): Tom, Kilga, Kiro, Glen, Alice
Alice (1): Soppy
Kiro (0):

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 3 ends in 36 hours.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2009, 03:32:29 PM »
Well, this isn't a situation I wanted to return to. Can't say I'm particularly surprised, though, my play hasn't exactly been stellar. >.> (read: worst game I've ever played.)

First things first, I've no role to claim. Vanilla Town, same as every freaking other game I've played. :(

I... really don't have much to say, to be honest. There are a lot of points against me, I'll answer any specific questions, but I'm not gonna reply to -everything- now or else WoT.

I'm amazed so many people are using the "He believed Bard's claim" logic. My instant reaction was "Okay, copclaim, move vote." Clearly, I'm not the only person who did, seeing as Alex picked up quite a few votes.
I'm also not seeing how Smodge can come out of the Day2 End shenanigans as anything -but- Mafia-like. When he thought the deadline was closing in, he switched to Bard, yet switched straight off him again when he realised there was still time to switch votes. And people say -I- was jumping to gain Town cred?
I'm really not liking the look of Glen's switch to me, especially seeing as all he's said on the case is that it's "interesting".
Kilga, I think is pretty much clear by now. Mage is looking much worse as a result, seeing as he's completely ignoring the Bard/Alex debacle in deciding who to vote for.

Overall... gah, I think Mage has had enough time to stop being the boneheaded Townie. Mage > Smodge > Glen for me at the moment.

##Vote: Magetastic.

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2009, 03:40:48 PM »
Yoshi the reason i switched so much at the end was i had my reasons for voting Alex at the time (as stupid as they were in hindsight) the votes were a tie and my vote had been the one to place it as a tie, smashy then posted incorrect deadline time and so when it seemed to have 1 minute to go i pulled my vote and switched to bard to prevent it from being a tie so at least a lynch occured.

Then when the deadline was corrected i switched back in case others saw my point of view, had no votes changed 30 minutes later i would have done the same thing again

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »
Wow I didn't expect the train to shoot along so rapidly; ~35 hours left and it's -1 to hammer huh.
Honestly I'd be fine with lynching Mage and Glen too, they've both played scummy/badly all game. However the game is at the stage where I like to see evidence in voting records and such. A couple have tried to do this, but not enough.

Anyway I'm not cool with lynching Yoshi here and now, because it's way too soon; daytime is a town asset, no point wasting it.

We then have Glens "pressure" vote on Yoshi which is forming quite a significant train.
With veyr little reason he votes for Yoshi yet still says i am suspicious.
Why the sudden switch glen?
on top of this day 2 bot bard AND tonfa were gone for 24 hours + also glen was amongst those away for just as long.
Coincidence or scum lurking as a team i couldn't say
Smodge, that's a mess; quotes and links are an important part of referencing!

Mmph. Gone back and checked over the Yoshi stuff. Surprised how people aren't seeing Smodge as the worst offender during yesterday's debacle, or perhaps more that Kiro in particular is attributing... logic... to his arguments. It doesn't take a scientist to realise most of the 'but tomorrow alex could claim whatever' would have applied to Bard as well in that scenario. Very one-dimensional framing, there. As far as Kilga going 'oh but scum would've had a plan and smodge is clueless' goes, I can't see the master plan behind Yoshi's actions either.
Smodge's endday flailing is a null read for me. Doesn't go towards either town or scum.

Still think Mage is the worst around, though. Odds of him bussing Tonfa are pretty good, and he's been tunneling Kilga for an age. Getting a strong sense that he's deciding on who to vote for and then seeking out ways to implicate them before charging ahead.
Anything in particular point you towards these conclusions?
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2009, 04:52:23 PM »
##Unvote

Christ, Yoshi's at L-1 already? I still think he's quite scummy, but there's also likely to be scum on the wagon, either due to him being Town after all or due to them bussing him. Glen particularly stands out, etc. Want to know why Glen decided to switch to Yoshi so quickly after it was apparent the Smodge lynch was not going to go through.

Also Tom why does Smodge's end-of-day flailing come up as a null tell for you? I mean really, what.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2009, 05:05:52 PM »
Because it does not have a quality that reads scum. Town could have made those exact same actions, for much the same reasons. There has been vote flopping before every deadline so far in this game.
I might be lenient, but there are things I consider purely null - such as voting for extensions. Town or scum could do it.
TownSmodge would be just as likely to carry out the same actions as ScumSmodge.
The whole "30 minutes left" error factors into this.

If I'm missing something and you can prove otherwise though, I'd love to hear about it.

(Then again, Rat is still alive and it's past day 1, clearly he's scum since he hasn't been NKed yet, we should kill him now and win)

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2009, 05:06:17 PM »
Oh also, before I forget, why did you feel the need to unvote?

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2009, 05:11:08 PM »
Yes, I thought I said as much in my last two posts, go look at the start of both days two and three. On day two he votes Tonfa without looking at the previous endday, then pretty much drops it without a second thought to go after Kilga. On day three he votes Kilga without looking at the previous endday... and this time is still going at it, despite attempts to draw his attention to said endday.

Quote from: mage
##Vote Tonfa

Still believe he's scummiest. Though I would rather like to hear more from Alex. Lurking to the point of unreadability isn't helpful to town.
First post of day two! It's worth noting that his second flies over to Kilga and has him forgetting that he thought Tonfa is the scummiest of all. It's because of this kind of fast switch that I'm willing to discount his earlier action with Tonfa as a ruse.

Going after Kilga today in particular is a bad sign, Kilga himself has earned some credit for his decisive action yesterday and the ignorance of that is kinda weird. It again looks as though he's pre-decided on who to vote for each day and just dropped it there without considering what's actually been going on.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2009, 05:12:45 PM »
If I'm missing something and you can prove otherwise though, I'd love to hear about it
Because it seems that part of the reasoning for Yoshi, Smodge *AND* Glen being scum is various forms of haphazard vote-switching D2. Granted, Yoshi was cheerleading while Smodge was flailing about, but I'm...hm. I'm still not ready to file it away as a null tell.

Unvote because we still have 36 hours and Yoshi's at L-1 already, I'd like to do a proper reread of everyone on his wagon before potentially revoting.

@Rat: the problem is that I can't see a scum-Mage, who is clearly a noob player, going after Kilga today, an action which has garnered precisely 0 (zero) supporters. It doesn't make sense as a scum move at all, let alone a scum gambit. Seems more like horribad NoobTown(TM) tunnelvision.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2009, 05:15:39 PM »
But it's a repeat of his day two opening, except I think Kilga is very likely town and we know Tonfa is scum; one time, he ditches his vote at lightning speed, the other time he rides it out and ignores stuff being rammed down his throat. Man, this is stupid logic; you can just as easily clear smodge because of that horrible 'scum would've had a good plan in advance!' idea, since no scum would be that bad!!11

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »
Unvote because we still have 36 hours and Yoshi's at L-1 already, I'd like to do a proper reread of everyone on his wagon before potentially revoting.
This doesn't explain the need for an unvote. You currently do not have an active vote, for a reason I do not accept. Concerned.

@Rat: the problem is that I can't see a scum-Mage, who is clearly a noob player, going after Kilga today, an action which has garnered precisely 0 (zero) supporters. It doesn't make sense as a scum move at all, let alone a scum gambit. Seems more like horribad NoobTown(TM) tunnelvision.
Mage is the new Delta. Wildcard!

I'm sick of this "No scum would be that bad!" stuff. If you take it far enough, we should lynch all the pro-town players and reward the scummy ones.
I vaguely remember such an argument on day 1.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 25, 2009, 05:27:30 PM »
I'm gonna go crash. Alice is my second lynch at the moment, reallly not liking how he's dancing around the Yoshi train.

To dispel this whole 'scum can't be that bad' meme that's flying around right now, really, they can, and the game so far is living proof. Look at Bard, essentially stabbing himself in the face on day two with possibly the limpest fakeclaim ever, and look at Tonfa who just up and quit. These are not the deaths of a particularly well-organized scumteam.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #312 on: August 25, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »
What is this why are people suspecting Glen? Did we all forget Page 4 already?

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=3833.msg72179#msg72179

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=3833.msg72188#msg72188

Note that this happened when the Tonfa train hit its first peak. Do people seriously believe Bard and Tonfa would have shifted trains from one scum to another?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 25, 2009, 05:48:24 PM »
##Unvote

Christ, Yoshi's at L-1 already? I still think he's quite scummy, but there's also likely to be scum on the wagon, either due to him being Town after all or due to them bussing him. Glen particularly stands out, etc. Want to know why Glen decided to switch to Yoshi so quickly after it was apparent the Smodge lynch was not going to go through.

Also Tom why does Smodge's end-of-day flailing come up as a null tell for you? I mean really, what.

I thought my reasoning was somewhat obvious, it's pretty clear that there is a split in how people perceive Smodge's end of day 2 vote flailing.  Since there was an apparent lack of interest in voting Smodge both then and still now, it made sense to switch my vote which was doing nothing off of him.  Yoshi was the next highest to me, and so I switched to him.  Lack of reasons before I vote is mostly due to part laziness due to other people generally covering the points he's already being voted for. I guess it would help to note which cases I see most relevant instead of just saying I get what people are saying on this guy /vote in the future.  Mostly wanted to not come off as a broken record just repeating what others have said previously.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 25, 2009, 06:13:32 PM »
This doesn't explain the need for an unvote. You currently do not have an active vote, for a reason I do not accept. Concerned.
Maybe we play mafia here differently, but from where I come from not having an active vote when there are still over 24 hours in the day and you're re-reading and re-analysing info (and stated as such), is not something scummy.

Quote from: EvilTom
I'm sick of this "No scum would be that bad!" stuff. If you take it far enough, we should lynch all the pro-town players and reward the scummy ones.
I vaguely remember such an argument on day 1.
Except it's not "no scum would be this bad", it's how does this make sense at all as scum behaviour? Bard's copclaim is awful but it makes sense as a last-ditch method to save himself. Mage going after someone who quite clearly does not appear to have any supporters in favour of lynch, over joining any of the current cases/trains on Yoshi, Glen, Smodge, etc makes little sense as scum behaviour as it's not likely to result in a lynch and it makes him stick out horribly. Hence why I'm not seeing scum-Mage at the moment.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
Alice, your posts suggest you believe there are two (possibly more) scum remaining. Why do you think this?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »
Mmph. Gone back and checked over the Yoshi stuff. Surprised how people aren't seeing Smodge as the worst offender during yesterday's debacle, or perhaps more that Kiro in particular is attributing... logic... to his arguments.

Huh? In my line of questioning to Yoshi, I'm trying to understand why Yoshi was putting the Smodge case forward. Yoshi is claiming Smodge's style looks like railroading or something, and is not talking about his actual content. Trying to get a straight answer from Yoshi on what content specifically, like clarifying what were Smodge's "utterly pointless sections" and what else about Smodge's opinions that looked like they were wishy-washy.

---

Moving on though, I don't know how much I should read into this, but time to consider if Scum tried to do damage control when Tonfa's impending modkill was announced. This is working under a major assumption though that Tonfa did not announce early to his buddies he was going to let himself be modkilled rather than replaced. @Mod: Are scum allowed to communicate with each other at any time this game or at Night only?

So the modkill is announced at #193 and only Alex and Soppy have voted Bard; no votes on Alex yet. The other wagons at 2 are Kilga and Yoshi. Soppy and Smodge are at 1. What I am looking for is how/whether Scum tried to prop up other wagons, knowing that Tonfa is going to die and at least Bardiche was in some danger. Notable actions to follow:

#194: Bard votes Alex for his first vote
#203: Tom votes Mage for Mage's first vote
#204: Kiro hits up Bardiche for #3
#207: Mage notes Tonfa will die and doesn't give a solid stance on other cases.
#219: Tom switches from Mage to Smodge for Smodge's second vote.
#223: Glen votes Alex for Alex's second vote.
#231: Rat will consider Glen after Tonfa's MK, notes Smodge going up, votes Alice.
#232: Alice says Glen>Bard>Mage>etc, votes Glen for first vote.

#235: Bard roleclaims Cop.
#236: Yoshi votes Alex, "sees no reason Bard would put his head on the line as a Mafia gambit so early on with next to no clear ulterior motive." Misses the idea that Bard could have been under pressure as the leading wagon. Ties it up 3-3.
#238: Kilga votes Bard, shifts Bard up 4-3.
#240: Tom votes Alex, wagons tied at 4-4.
#242: Rat votes Bard, shifts Bard up 5-4.
#255: Smodge decides to go with the idea that "Lynching Alex makes more logical sense as in worst case scenario we don't lose the town cop AND we gain more information". After a bit of switching, votes Alex (#263), ties 5-5.
#265: Kiro stays on Bardiche.
#266: Glen switches to Bard, Bard up 6-4.
#267: Yoshi hammers.

---

I see Mage is really passive after Bard takes the lead at #3. Thing is he looks almost too passive if he were Scum knowing two of his buddies could potentially die on Day 2. I just don't see Scum Mage standing by idly because he should know that doesn't reflect well on him either. It really looks like he played as if he couldn't decide on who would be the next best target and while that could happen if he were either alignment, I think he would have been a little more urgent if he were Scum. Once again, leaning nub Town for me.

Tom decides on Smodge which only inches Smodge up a bit without seriously challenging the Bardiche wagon. He could have gone for Yoshi or Kilga and brought him up to 3. Not entirely seeing why a Scum Tom would choose Smodge also given the above mentioned pressure on Bard. Best I can see Scum Tom doing is trying to set up a different mislynch target, but I dunno. The angle at which he analyzes the Excal wagon to go for Smodge looks decent.

Thing about Glen in his #223, if he's Scum, why go for Alex which only brings him to a tie with Smodge? He could go for Smodge and even mentions near the bottom that the Smodge case puts him up there on his scummy list. All of that takes a 180 when Glen votes Bard near the end in a reversal of the case on Alex. To me, there is no semblance of Scum strategy involved in his actions; heck he backtracks on his main point with Alex's comments about Town's level of play in Day 1 and it's not even looking like a scummy backtrack, more like a nub one. And frankly, he shifted the tie to Bard. Coupled with Kilga's points about Tonfa and Bard attacking Glen in Day 1, I'm really not seeing why Glen would be Scum.

Not getting as much of a read on Rat and Alice, both pushing brand new cases.

After the copclaim, Kilga, Rat, and Glen are movers towards Bard while Yoshi, Tom and Smodge are movers towards Alex. The funny thing is that based on Tom's case on Smodge, I don't see both of them being a scumpair. Why would Scum Tom, who sees Tonfa dying, Bardiche at 3 votes, go after yet another Scumbuddy? THAT would be suicidal.

And regarding Smodge, the thing I dislike most about his decision to vote Alex is that it tries to play the safest route. He was looking at probabilities rather than the context at which the claim makes sense (not really addressing if Bardiche could be trusted in the first place). You could argue that it's not willing to make the hard choices which goes against my personal creed of scumhunting. Try to get it right the first time and stand by it. And willing to take a mislynch for the sake of ore information is scummy thinking.

All of this actually puts Smodge above Tom in my rankings. I'm not sure where Yoshi fits into this whole thing, but the fact Tom is voting Yoshi and Smodge says he would have voted Yoshi is perplexing me a bit. I can agree with the idea that there's potentially bussing going on or that Yoshi is a possible mislynch. I may need to reconsider Kilga and Rat some more as I could see either of them just throwing Bard under the bus as a lost cause. Definitely Kilga more if Yoshi ends up flipping Town.

Want to hear more from Smodge and Yoshi about stuff. Yoshi should take a little time to respond to some of the points made against him. Frankly, "Mage has had enough time to stop being the boneheaded Townie," doesn't mean a thing. You think a person can change that easily midgame? Can be nub from beginning to end, but that doesn't make it the right lynch. As for Smodge, not seeing the Glen case, more elaboration on why he's actually Scum despite doing scummy stuff. Because his unscummy stuff like voting Bard at deadline also needs to be considered. I may decide Smodge is more likely to be Scum than Yoshi and switch my votes depending on the replies.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
What is this why are people suspecting Glen? Did we all forget Page 4 already?

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=3833.msg72179#msg72179

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=3833.msg72188#msg72188

Note that this happened when the Tonfa train hit its first peak. Do people seriously believe Bard and Tonfa would have shifted trains from one scum to another?

Could be considered bussing.

Also, wow. That Yoshi train developed quick. Almost feels like what Alex mentioned we shouldn't be doing, just happened in largescale.

Quick little defense: I need to mention my suspicions in every single post I make? Really? Really?

I voted for an extension without mentioning an intent to vote because, at the time, I had realized that my entire case on both Kilga and Glen (whom I still believe at least one of to be scum, Kilga > Glen) was based almost entirely off of what Tonfa was. Tonfa turned up scum. I now believe, stronger than ever, that Kilga is scum.
And, if you want some damn evidence, try looking at last game. Just because something seems a little weird for a gambit, doesn't mean it can't be. (Hivemind with both players beng scum, anyone?) Kilga put a full-on defense up for Tonfa, saying he'd actively vote against the lynch. As of now, however, I've completely lost track of where I was on the case. As such...

##Unvote

##FoS Kilga

Btw, Rat? Ignorance of his D2 actions may be bad, but ignorance of his D1 actions is also bad.
Also, you accuse me of bussing, and yet you allow possible bussing to occur from him. A last-minute switch to tilt the scale can be scummy or town. the whole 'bussing' thing seems like a big case of WIFOM to me, and the fact you're so willing to call me out on possibly bussing Tonfa (also, hypocrisy much? "Kiro raises a good point about your Tonfa hatred." "He almost definitely did that to bus"), and then you say Kilga's "obviously town" over what could just as easily be the same thing you're accusing me of.

So far, my suspicions lie on Alice (everything mentioned previously by others), Kilga (The Excal/Tonfa/Glen thing still really sticks out to me), Glen (By association with Kilga's actions, though only a very minor suspicion here), Yoshi (everything mentioned previously by others, + his voting of me for... what reason, exactly? Because he feels I've had too long to stop being new to the game? And aside from that, he's just borrowing other people's cases. Feels a little too much like following the easy trail, IMO. Though could be a save-my-skin vote)

Kilga > Yoshi/Alice > Glen
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2009, 07:36:34 PM »
Scum can communicate at all times whether day or night.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2009, 07:52:53 PM »
Yeah this is hopeless I'm just going to ignore Mage for the rest of the game. Will gladly join in on whatever day is deemed his lynch day though I'd rather see Alice hang first (and would rather see Yoshi go ahead of both).

Doing a proper read of Yoshi's post (previous posts were on limited time) I see no reason to move my vote. I also see no reason to be afraid of L-1. Are people seriously worried about a quicklynch rush?

In thinking about my inquiry to Alice I guess 11/4 is possible (since 12/3 with two vanilla goon flips seems unfair toward scum) so I retract that question. I'm too used to 13-and-under games.

Kiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 25, 2009, 07:55:39 PM »
When I read Mage's point about Kilga defending against the Tonfa lynch again, it's actually a decent point, and should not be so easily discounted imo. And I just had a few more thoughts regarding Tom. The way Tom is going after Smodge yesterday or Yoshi today, I'm now not willing to believe Scum Tom would be a scumpair with either. Suddenly, Kilga shoots up as the most likely if Tom were Scum.

If Kilga decided to bus Bard, Tom's switching it back down just about negated that bus. I could see Scum communicating about that and giving one of them Townie cred while still maintaining a halfway hope that Bard would escape the rope Day 2. And noting Kilga starts off on Tom Day 3 and after Tom brings up a case on Yoshi, Kilga decides to switch it up and also goes on Yoshi. Those interactions suddenly stuck out to me. Scum are definitely trying to make up ground now and any wagons they're pushing today are definitely mislynch attempts so I wonder about Yoshi.

Need to read back more, but just wanted to get these other thoughts out before I went to lunch. But for Mage wanting to suspect Kilga and yet not put a vote on it, man that's still weak as hell...

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 25, 2009, 07:57:46 PM »
So when I vote against Tonfa I'm scumbuddying with Tonfa and when I vote for Bard I'm bussing him.

I just can't win, can I?

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 25, 2009, 09:25:22 PM »
Huh? In my line of questioning to Yoshi, I'm trying to understand why Yoshi was putting the Smodge case forward. Yoshi is claiming Smodge's style looks like railroading or something, and is not talking about his actual content. Trying to get a straight answer from Yoshi on what content specifically, like clarifying what were Smodge's "utterly pointless sections" and what else about Smodge's opinions that looked like they were wishy-washy.
Okay, let's see.
(Serious) Post #1. "Yoshi & Mage Trains could go either way. Very suspicious of Rat." Votes Rat.
Post #2. This is the WoT (and the main example of "utterly pointless sections.")
My gut instinct isn't so much that Kiro is scummy, necessarily, but moreso that if we continue to discuss Kiro and Kiro-related things, that the scum will reveal themselves. Again: No evidence, just gut instinct.

Again instinct........ stop doing that and present some damn cases/logic

I am most positive. Delta's thoughts are #1 on my list of things I need.

*Cries*
The major problem with all this is it can be chalked up to newbie-townie or scum playing dumb really well and i have no clue which.
For the first quote, he'd already pointed out the instincts, the repetition really isn't necessary and just helped produce Wall of Text Mk3. The quote about Delta isn't necessary, more fluff. And then he summarises the whole case as "But this all means nothing!" Unvotes Rat, votes for me.
That post ends with a list on everyone, which is actually the best part of any of Smodge's major posts so far, IMO. Concise and not narrow-minded.
Post le 3rd. This is a notably bad case anyway, as has been pointed out, and the most he says on me or Rat is "Rat still looks bad as does yoshi." Vote switches over to Excal.
Next post is a direct answer to my post, and then with some unnecessary additions on the end - mostly reiterating what he said in his post -2 posts before that-.
Another short post that states he'll switch from Excal to Alex. Is planning on avoiding Tonfa (now known Mafia) and Glen (newbTown at best)... Definitely looks bad in retrospect.
Excal's voting record, followed by reasoning. But why're the votes there in the first place? They aren't even part of the argument.
LateDay1 Post. Basically puts the three trains as: Excal > Glen > Tonfa. Again, hindsight makes this particularly interesting.
A useless post here and another here...
Keep in mind that at this stage, Rat is his main suspect, until... his first Day 2 post. Not even a mention of Rat now (or anyone other than me, for that matter.)
Next post: Answer's Rat's question and, seemingly randomly, looks at Glen in particular. First high-content post that doesn't contain a vote.
--This is where my vote comes in on Smodge. His next post ignores this completely, until he finally answers things here. This post seems fine enough, except for some more repetition and fluff. Says here that he was voting Rat for Start of Day 1 stuff, which doesn't explain why Rat is the most suspicious again at the End of Day 1 after he switched to me in the middle.
Does vote Bard here, putting him at L-1, then changes it 8 minutes later, before voting Alex (on a seemingly flawed argument - Bard could have just as easily argued that he was Insane as Alex could argue Miller/Framer).
This post seems like a backup to me - if the Yoshi train falls, we've always got a safe switch to Glen, right?! Alternatively, for those thinking Mafia!Glen (like myself), it's a safety net - at this stage, with me at L-1, it's not likely that his vote on Glen is gonna be important, right? And why would Mafia start a train on another Mafia?
His logic here seems to basically be exactly what people are saying I look suspicious for - you're basically saying that if you couldn't get people to vote for the Town member, you were gonna hop over to the Mafia one. Looks a lot like a Town Cred move.

tl;dr - Smodge is very suspicious, IMO. Switches votes without any mention of his previous suspects, lots of fluff, flawed arguments... And the EndDay2 debacle, just to top it off.
Phew. Hope that answers those questions.

Want to hear more from Smodge and Yoshi about stuff. Yoshi should take a little time to respond to some of the points made against him. Frankly, "Mage has had enough time to stop being the boneheaded Townie," doesn't mean a thing. You think a person can change that easily midgame? Can be nub from beginning to end, but that doesn't make it the right lynch.
The problem with this for me is that people have been saying throughout what Town should and shouldn't be aiming to do, and some general tips, which seem to be blatantly ignored. Judging from his last post, it seems even more likely that, as Rat suggested earlier, he's picking a target and following it through. "Could be considered bussing." Could be? That really seems like you're grasping at straws, Mage.

In response to the KilgaScum theory: Yeah, sure, it's possible, but it's damn unlikely, especially considering how adamant he was on lynching Bard. Keep in mind that this wasn't just a "Yeah, I'll vote Bard then!" - he actively argued the case and told several others that they should switch as well. When there are so many people who have actively voted against Mafia, I don't think we should be looking at the "Too Townie" option.

And where the hell did Sopko go? He's made one post so far today... which, typically, states: "LAL, man. LAL." ...

Really, REALLY sorry for the Wall of Text. I guess, with the case that built up against me, it was sorta necessary? Gah.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 25, 2009, 11:04:11 PM »
Not much really new to say, just thought I would add that while I definitely think either Yoshi or Smodge is scum, I don't think that they're both scum, since both have had cases on each other previously.

That said, I much rather vote Smodge, except that people have split views on his end of day two voting, and while Tom's case on Smodge is good in my eyes, most people seem generally more focused on Yoshi, so I figured it would be more productive to switch to Yoshi then stay on Smodge and flail my arms trying to get a train on him with nothing more then my own interpretation of his day 2 votes, which half of the people here seem to see as town behavior, and Tom's case.  I just honestly didn't see a Smodge train happening at that time.

That sentence has way too many commas, and I don't feel like fixing it.