Register

Author Topic: [Game Over] Worms Armageddon Mafia  (Read 57147 times)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: [Game Over] Worms Armageddon Mafia
« Reply #500 on: August 30, 2009, 12:33:24 AM »
I'm still curious as to why I was killed Day3...

Also, I love how everyone was making meta guesses about what roles might and might not be in play, and in the end, there were barely any.

Smodge DOES need to avatar Super Smodge.

And Kilga, uhh, I think you were Town's best player overall. I'm amazed you weren't killed Day3, and I'm guessing the only reason for that was Scum guessing there'd be a doc protecting you.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 30, 2009, 12:34:54 AM »
Yeah, the grating thing about it was that if we'd known Tonfa was going to quit, we wouldn't have needed to try so hard to defend him, and Alice would probably have lived a bit longer.

You were killed day three because I wanted to fuck with everyone's head and hope at lylo someone goes 'but rat couldn't be scum, he's too sensible to kill Yoshi then!' Also I figured you'd get some town cred due to be alternative lynch to Alice.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 30, 2009, 12:36:04 AM »
Oh yeah. Also, thanks to Smashy & Laggy for awesome screenshots and epic writeups respectively.
And for making me download Worms again.

Hmm... I figured the lynch on Alice didn't give me any credit at all, as scum would've known it was a false claim.
Although you did nearly get away with the "Who'd want Yoshi killed?" line of argument there. Nearly.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 30, 2009, 12:36:50 AM »
Also, no, that's not why I didn't kill Kilga. I left him alive because I figured he would tunnel on soppy and smodge. I actually thought all town roles were dead after Mage died.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #504 on: August 30, 2009, 12:40:08 AM »
I assumed I was left alive because Rat was setting me up as the LYLO mislynch needed to win the game. I felt like I was flailing the entire game (Smodge was right to point out that I was on every single lynch wagon) and I made a few questionable calls (the whole Tonfa ordeal and happily jumping from Tom to Yoshi  while taking my sweet time moving from Yoshi to Alice).

I was never planning on tunneling on smodge because I couldn't get a read on him. Literally. Notes left for Laggy during Night 4:

[01:16] <Kilgamyon> Sneaking suspicion right now
[01:16] <Kilgamyon> Need to read through to make sure on this
[01:16] <Kilgamyon> But my guess for final scum is Rat
[01:17] <Kilgamyon> I'm almost positive it's one of Rat or Smodge
[01:17] <Kilgamyon> But I don't want to reread Smodge because I can't understand what the fuck Smodge says half the time

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 30, 2009, 12:41:09 AM »
Thank you to both Laggy and Smashy (and apologies for running it down to the wire three days in a row)

Yay for my death being a small part in Rat's incrimination?
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 30, 2009, 12:41:53 AM »
Well I played pretty badly >.>, but it was fun for a first game.

*Makes note to tunnel vision less*

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 30, 2009, 12:43:21 AM »
Well, I was also hoping I could take Kilga out at LYLO, post a picture of colonel mustard, and make him quit mafia forever.

ALAS

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #508 on: August 30, 2009, 12:47:38 AM »
Also rofl Rat and Alice both drawing scum. Too bad Andrew wasn't in this game, we wouldn't have had to do any work at all if he was.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 30, 2009, 12:49:20 AM »
Scumchat could be accurately summarized as the following

<Bard> GUYS I'M SCREWED :)
<Rat> Alice, post more!
<Alice> Okay!
*hours pass*
<Rat> Alice... @_@

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 30, 2009, 12:50:29 AM »
He's really not kidding there. >_>
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 30, 2009, 12:52:10 AM »
Overall happy with how I played this game, aside from the Excal lynch, which was more me coming back to "...wtf, how'd that happen?" and pulling off of Alice Day 3 when I had a pretty good case on him. I was such an indecisive pansy that day.

Clearly I was working on inside knowledge.

Clearly.

Kiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 30, 2009, 12:52:49 AM »
Nice turnaround onto Rat on Day 5. If I were alive, I think it would have either been Rat or Kilga, but I was going to lean Rat because how he went for Smodge on Day 4 before quickly jumping back onto the Mage wagon I put forward. Now that I think about it, the Mage mislynch too early is probably what knocked Rat out. There's no way he could avoid NOT getting onto it because that had been his stance all game. He probably hoped the discussion on Sopko vs Smodge would allow him to get those mislynches in and he could outduel Mage in LYLO. That's a few gameplay notes to remember for later.

The Tonfa modkill definitely hurt you Scum. Glen would have almost certainly been a mislynch somewhere down the line but by Day 3, no one paid him any serious attention, mostly due to Kilga's observation. I thought Yoshi redeemed himself pretty well on Day 3 and the combined Yoshi/Smodge switch to Alice really tipped the things into our favor more than anything I did.

To Laggy and Smashy: very entertaining pics and flavor. A good example for future mods (myself included). Good job!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 30, 2009, 01:00:43 AM »
Good stuff.  Props to town.  Sorry for being out of things day 1, lategame was fun.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 30, 2009, 01:08:05 AM »
Oh yeah, I was also surprised to see two Mafia gambits in one game, even more surprised that neither one paid off. It was definitely a close game, methinks, that Town got pretty lucky to win in the end.

Oh, and one last thing: VANILLA TOWN. AGAIN. I have been Vanilla Town in every game but one, and that one game, I wasn't able to finish because my computer broke! ARGH. >_<

Smodge13

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 30, 2009, 01:09:17 AM »
I had you from day 1 rat ^_^, was just a matter of convincing town >.>

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 30, 2009, 01:11:23 AM »
A scum pressed to the wall and roleclaiming is hardly a gambit. They have absolutely no reason not to, since if they claim vanilla they'll get lynched for sure (barring a compelling case on someone else, which means they shouldn't have to attempt to roleclaim their way out of being lynched anyway), so why not take a crapshoot and claim a power role? It also brings out the possibility of forcing town to counterclaim (which gets the scum killed, but reveals town power roles) to dispute the claim if it seems believable.

Bard did a really poor job of being believable, though. >_> And Alice Was Not Thinking when he claimed BOMB
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 30, 2009, 01:11:40 AM »
I can always count on that to save me from SUPER SMODGE.

I actually disagree with you there Yoshi, this game wasn't that close. There were, what, two mislynches? Town was on the ball all game, if only because so many people were coming out with logical cases in a game where scum had been forced to leave some very obvious clues behind. Even the ones that were wrong only really narrowed down the choices in a good way.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 30, 2009, 01:16:30 AM »
Laggy: I'd say claiming a power role is a gambit, when it'd be really easy to claim a weaker role and probably avoid a lynch due to 'role'.
Although, yeah, the Bomb claim was kinda funny. We had three majorly suspicious people around as it was, so nobody was gonna hesitate to throw me or Smodge onto a Bomb and clear 2/3.

Rat: I'd still say it was pretty close. I mean, firstly, Tonfa's modkill gave Mafia a major disadvantage (practically) from the start. And there was definitely a lot of room for mislynching, with the whole thing getting turned around at the last minute.
I mean, if Bard hadn't claimed and had just provided a different case on, say, Glen, he'd've probably gone Day2 instead. Same goes for Alice Day3 on me/Smodge. There may've only been two mislynches, but it was definitely close to being more.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2009, 01:19:11 AM »
By definition, a roleclaim is supposed to save you from a lynch by virtue of being a useful role to town. I can't really see how a 'weaker' role is going to really save their bacon there. If you're going to fakeclaim, make people seriously hesitate rather than half-ass it, which is a road to death. (Townies on the end of a mislynch who truthfully claim useless roles will still get lynched.)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 30, 2009, 01:20:51 AM »
Yeah, just really good town all around this game.  Laggy and I were discussing who was town MVP but really everyone was wrong a couple of times and right other times, and pulled together when it counted.

Nilla Townie is the most powerful role, by the way.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 30, 2009, 01:24:43 AM »
Given how badly scum can typically steamroll town even when town consists of solid players, I'd say a game like this is pretty much as good as it gets for town in general.

Alice

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 30, 2009, 01:25:40 AM »
Also rofl Rat and Alice both drawing scum. Too bad Andrew wasn't in this game, we wouldn't have had to do any work at all if he was.
"Today's lesson: Alice is scum, even if he isn't" ~ Kilga, GWU Mafia postgame.

Anyway that could have went a lot better. Massive screwups on my part D1 and D2 (I was really in no position to play this game until D3 came around, really, kind of iwhs the game started a couple days later so this would not have been an issue but oh well). Tonfa quitting D2 was kind of massively annoying as I was the swingvote between him and a Townie in an attempt to defend him (figures...the one time I DON'T megabus my entire scumteam I lose the game...clearly this means that I should always turbo-bus, clearly). Fakeclaiming on my part was a good idea, fakeclaiming bomb...not so much. My thought process was that nobody would want to lynch a bomb as they die along with it, so thus the wagon would pile off me and onto Yoshi/Smodge. It was only AFTER I hit post that I realised that the only use a claimed bomb at Impending Lynch has is for a double-lynch and thus this would have been a horrible idea. Sadly at this point Rat and EvilTom already made their posts and I was done for, etc.

Mildly annoyed this ruined my perfect record as scum but oh well. Good game everyone, some people here are quite skilled and I applaud you, you know who you are. I hope nobody objects to me playing in some more games on this site, wherein I do promise to, yes, post more :P (so don't worry Laggy).

Finally, setup was quite fun, but then again those who know me know that I am a fan of predominantly-vanilla setups and hate role madness-type games.

Finally, I have absolutely no idea why people cleared Yoshi on D4 all of a sudden. As far as I was concerned, his defence was absolutely terrible and as a Townie I would have certainly continued pressing for his lynch.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 30, 2009, 01:25:53 AM »
Which is not actually quite true, town can and has done pretty awesome stuff, but this game in particular is just really great evidence of how town can work together to win.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 30, 2009, 01:27:44 AM »
Oh yeah, call out to Alice/Kiro/Kilga (and any other folks from MotK who may be listening): it's great to have you guys playing in games over here, by all means hang around more and sign up. Thanks for filling in the quota for this game.

Glad you liked the setup, Alice. It was kind of town-leaning, but scum had a definite chance to win just by keeping the momentum of the numbers. That... just didn't happen.