Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 7  (Read 3162 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 7
« on: August 20, 2009, 12:43:53 AM »

"I see... things simply were too difficult for you all. Let us see if your cohorts can manage what you were about to attain."

Team Snowfire and Glen vs. Floor 6
Team Namagomi vs. Floor 3

Floor 1: A Re-introduction (The Beginning)

"Ho ho ho ho! You've decided to return! Let us see what you can accomplish."

Battle #1: Palmer and Mist Dragon

Palmer: Muahaha! I am Science!!
Mist Dragon: Turn back!

Battle #2: Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight

Knight: You shall not pass here!

Battle #3: Marle, Alice and FFT Priest

Marle: Yeah! Let's go!
Alice: Yuri...

Battle #4: Rampage Drive

Rampage Drive: ...!!!

Boss Battle #1: Lich

Lich: I will... devour you...

---------------------------------------------

Team Taishyr | Kyogre (Multitarget), Maya, Raja, Kyra, FFT Priest
[Floor 1]
Team Taishyr vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Taishyr vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Taishyr vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Taishyr vs. Rampage Drive
Team Taishyr vs. Lich (FF1)

Team Magic | Blue, Timelord, Lilka, Lucia, FFT Priest
[Floor 1]
Team Magic vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Magic vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Magic vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Magic vs. Rampage Drive
Team Magic vs. Lich (FF1)

Team Andrew | Yuri1, Yuri2, Chie, Yukiko, Ditto (Love Love)
[Floor 1]
Team Andrew vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Andrew vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Andrew vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Andrew vs. Rampage Drive
Team Andrew vs. Lich (FF1)

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. However, the damage of regular attacks, the healing of all spells that restore HP or MP, the status rates of status spells or attacks and the effect of buffs or debuffs (rounded down to the nearest half point in the case of Pokemon) is reduced to 50% of the original base chance. (For example, Deadly Fingertips has a max 50% chance of hitting all targets.) This applies even if there is only one opponent left.

Love Love: Damage is increased by 50% against same-sex targets and reduced by 50% against different-sex targets. This applies to both enemies and allies.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 7
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:47:11 AM »
Eh? Team Snowfire should've passed, I count at least four votes in his favor and only three against him. Andy switched his vote.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 12:51:49 AM »
I counted 4 against: you, me, super, and random.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:01:31 AM by dude789 »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 12:56:57 AM »
EDIT: Wait, didn't see your vote against. Lemme recheck.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 01:00:41 AM »
I can't read, magic voted against Nama not Snowfire, but I guess Neph was the tiebreaker.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:01:28 AM »
Huh. Yeah, four votes for, four against. Go fig.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 01:37:37 AM »
Team Taishyr | Kyogre (Multitarget), Maya, Raja, Kyra, FFT Priest
[Floor 1]
Team Taishyr vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Taishyr vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Taishyr vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Taishyr vs. Rampage Drive
Team Taishyr vs. Lich (FF1) - Two non-fail resource healers and earlygame Kyogre in floor 1. lol

[Floor 1]
Team Magic vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - ... okay, I'm going to have to do a match by match breakdown here, because I was trying to disbelieve this, but a more attentive glance made it glaring that Team Magic may pull off the impossible and die to floor 1 in spite of having someone with infinite healing and this would fail beyond all reason. Anyhow, this fight is fairly trivial, but it takes forever because this team utterly fails at offense and TL's anti-boss tricks are pointless against these two losers anyway.
Team Magic vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - Stone x3 handles these guys. How much does TimeEclipse cost, though?
Team Magic vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest - Okay, now we have problem fight #1. Alice immunes Stone, so does Marle and so does FFT Priest, and I don't think Blue has his ID here (or does he? It'd still struggle some at hitting Marle, and it may have to work more than once due to revival being a dime a dozen here). And this team is a BUNCH OF MAGES WITH EPIC PHYSICALS, so they fail hardcore at killing Marle before Arc+Haste kicks in and Lilka gets stopped/confused. Shutting down Lilka means this team is completely fucked if they don't stop her from dying: Priest's resources fail at life as of now, and it's not getting revival at floor fucking one. TL can Overdrive here, but I'm not sure how useful it'll be here. He can also TimeLeap things, which would be more productive and should keep Marle from going... hmmmm. Yeah, let's go with that, although this fucking fails (FFT Priest+Alice kill Lilka, though, and Alice even deals MT damage... this is really bad, so this means the team is getting into trouble really fast. If TL skips Alice, Marle gets to begin her whorage and Haste handles turn skipping to a degree. If TL skips Marle, Alice+Priest explode Lilka. If TL skips Priest, Arc+Haste/Confuse and suddenly Lilka is screwed long-term). Um yeah, not looking good. If Lilka dies here, the team is as good as gone, because Priest's healing is -not- getting them through Lich due to resource failure and they quite possibly struggle against Rampage Drive anyway. Fail.
Team Magic vs. Rampage Drive  - Assuming they pass here, regardless of whatever they have left, Rampage Drive is in trouble against mages. 0.7x PC HP and initiative loss don't help his case.
Team Magic vs. Lich (FF1) - And here is the other relevant fight. They sorta need to blitz Lich here (...), but he's magically nondurable enough to not have issues if Lilka's around.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm giving a blanket pass to Magic because this just fails too much for words.

[Floor 1]
Team Andrew vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Bunch of losers.
Team Andrew vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - ... right, Yukiko hits something like a W4 on Shuckle and Steelix doesn't like Ice either. There we go.
Team Andrew vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest - Yuris bumrush Marle, Yukiko and Chie drop heaven or hell on Alice. The team's got enough pressure and Alice mdur is sorta shoddy.
Team Andrew vs. Rampage Drive - And enough magic.
Team Andrew vs. Lich (FF1) - And enough punch, although hitting weakness on Yukiko isn't good news.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:30:41 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 01:47:47 AM »
Could've sworn Piggyman also voted against Snowfire's team.  Oh well.

Anywho...

Team Taishyr lols at the floor and passes

Team Magic... does Blue start the dungeon with all Realm magic or just the storebought ones?  Leaning pass anyways due to lol DoS Lich, but I'll have to take a closer look later. EDIT: Implosion is storebought, so they fail less on the third fight.  Team passes to me because lol DoS Lich.

Abstain on Team Andrew due to being clueless about P4.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:03:44 AM by Random Consonant »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 02:12:37 AM »
Could've sworn Piggyman also voted against Snowfire's team.  Oh well.

Anywho...

Team Taishyr lols at the floor and passes

Team Magic... does Blue start the dungeon with all Realm magic or just the storebought ones?  Leaning pass anyways due to lol DoS Lich, but I'll have to take a closer look later. EDIT: Implosion is storebought, so they fail less on the third fight.  Team passes to me because lol DoS Lich.

Abstain on Team Andrew due to being clueless about P4.

I did originally, but those two were going at it so fiercely, I could have honestly been swayed either way, so I decided just to abstain.
Sorry if it caused some confusion.

Taishyr passes, no questions asked.
Having not completely played P4 makes me abstain on Andrew's matches for now.
Magic passes, too. The troubles are apparent, but his team can hold its own.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:53:52 AM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 02:17:09 AM »
All three pass. Taishyr smashes. Magic has a few problems, but I don't think they're enough to stop him. Timelord should be able to take out the priest and Alice while Blue Implosions Marle. Lilka handles Rampage drive easily. When they get to Lich they are weakened, but Lilka's hitting a weakness and Blue should be able to dish out good damage.

Team Andrew also passes. Yukkiko is very good right now and she should be able to help deal with the first two fights. The Love Lover Sealstone saves them from the ladies fight as otherwise it would be a huge resource drain. One of the Yuris smashes Marle, and the other one pressure on Alice. Ditto turns into one of the Yuri's and at this point the damage is to much for the girls to handle. Yuri smacking Alice with a boost form the love-love sealstone is funny.

Taishyr

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 02:39:27 AM »
Okay. There are two interpretations here for my team (skills learned during floor/all you have is what you start with), and in an effort for full honesty, I'm gonna cover both. It's honestly not terribly relevant, esp. on this floor, buuuut... Also, a side note: Maya herself learns spells -in the middle of battle-. As a result, I can't really buy the latter interp in her case, at least, but hey. YMMV.

(Why, yes, I do realize there is -absolutely no need- for this, Kyogre's overkill SAtk+60 att beginning-game damage+Drizzle mocks this floor. I'm just establishing precedent to be lazy later for meticulous detail.)

If you allow skills to be learned during the floor:
Kyogre: Water Pulse (60 att, 20% confuse) at start. Scary Face (-2 Speed levels) at start/after first fight (learned lvl 5, starters start at lvl 5. Your call.)
Maya: Hama (35-40% ID, holy, ST) at start. Dia (~80% healing, becomes ~50% by floor 2) during/after first fight, Aqua (40% water damage, ST) during/after first fight, Media (~85% MT healing, becomes ~55% by floor 2) during/after third fight, Multi Dimension (20% ID, non-typed attack (not physical or magical)) during/after final fight.
Kyra: Starts with Res, Foi, Anti, Rimpa, Gires, Gifoi, Gra, Medice, Flaeli, Telele, Hewn. Learns nothing for a while since she's later in the game.
Garnet: Starts with Cure, Protect, Panacea, gets... Fuck, I hate FF9 skill acquisition. I leave this part to you guys, it's not my area. >_>
Priest: Starts with Cure, can pick up Life/Protect really quick, rounds out as needed. Not too difficult, Priest stuff is cheap.

W/ skills learned during floor: (As a reminder, Kyogre's Drizzle is on all during this floor.)
Team Taishyr vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Kyogre.
Team Taishyr vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - If you think the offense is scary (...for some reason), Garnet has Protect and just casts it on Priest to make sure he can't be OHKOd for two turns. Kyogre.
Team Taishyr vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest - Amusingly cute fight, in theory. Scary Face makes it mockable, Water Pulse+Aqua+Hewn make the team wince even with their magical durability (and Maya physicals are competent at this point, if respect for their magic defense is -really- high. Whatevs). Move on.
Team Taishyr vs. Rampage Drive - My team is mage oriented. Rampage Drive is emo and does not last a round.
Team Taishyr vs. Lich (FF1) - ST wonder versus, again, Drizzle Aqua + Water Pulse + Kyra damage + Priest staff whack. This doesn't end well.

W/ skills only from the start (presuming Scary Face is learned, starter = L5 and all but I'm weird)
Team Taishyr vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Maya gets to shoot things, what fun~ But I have Kyogre. So.
Team Taishyr vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - Maya gets to spam ID on the enemies! ...presuming Kyogre doesn't just OHKO Steelix and badly damage the other two. Whatevs.
Team Taishyr vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest - Kyogre Scary Faces, enemy team now has speed of mockery and cannot reliably keep healed against a full assault. Maya would be using physicals here anyway, arguably~
Team Taishyr vs. Rampage Drive - Maya's useless again! (She doesn't like this interp.)  Kyogre/Kyra still make this boss emo.
Team Taishyr vs. Lich (FF1) - And this battle works much the same. So!

Andrew passes easily to me (Yukiko in her own dungeon would mop up pretty cleanly, good SP reserves + Agi spam, Yuris are solid even now). Magic I'm also gonna give a gutshot pass this floor, but need to look it through.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 02:54:24 AM »
Tai and Andy definitely pass to me. Tai has Kyogre blitz practically -everything-. I'm interested in seeing how long that'll work... For Andy, the P4ers alone are probably enough to sweep this, as those two are pretty damn good to start off and Chie gets Skewer very early for physical win. The Yuris just make this a complete joke.

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 02:55:48 AM »
Yoshiken: Maya gets a rather nasty Water spell floor 3 in Maha Aques off Maia Custom stats. It then compounds with Drizzle.

It's definitely gonna be fun to see how people think this team works, yes. >_>

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 04:20:57 AM »
Tai passes.

I pass.

Magic later.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 04:36:39 AM »
I totally fail at voting on all these teams - no P4 for Andy, no Saga for Magic, no Kyogre / Maya for Taishyr combined with only knowing PS4 lightly from it showing up in the Dungeon a lot - but are people misinterpreting Love-Love?  The Yuris kind of fail at taking out the charming Lady Marle, while everyone seems to be posting that they're smashing her.  If anyone's smashing Marle, it's Chie.  Presumably the FFT Priest is female for this battle too, so the Yuris kinda suck while Chie beats 'em up.  I have no idea if Chie can handle things on her own, but with a 50% damage boost and Marle's physical durability kinda sucking, I suspect she can flatten Marle reasonably consistently (perhaps with some chipping help from a half-damage Yuri).

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 04:46:55 AM »
If anyone's smashing Marle, it's Chie. 

She should manage, she does get a spell-level special attack this early and she is faster than Marle. Sooooo.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 06:23:07 AM »
I've been reading it wrong since I first saw it.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 09:35:47 PM »
[Floor 1]
Team Magic vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Okay.  Let's get one thing straight.  Lucia and Priest fail at offense forever, Priest fails at resources forever.  With that out of the way, we're still talking Palmer and Mist Dragon.  TL doesn't want to bother with his magic because these losers are too pathetic for even that.  They could probably still win with nothing but mage physicals.  It takes forever, but is hilarious and viable.
Team Magic vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - Right.  Lilka hits W4 on Steelix, and Knight gets stoned before he can hack the shit out of anyone.  ...what does Shuckle do anyway?  Eh, doesn't matter, he probably gets stoned or somehow killed by the rest.
Team Magic vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest - As Snow says...this is pretty much a complete and absolute clusterfuck.  This team has -no- physical damage whatsoever, and the status immunity REALLY isn't helping.  I'm not sure if Blue has Implosion or Psychic Prison yet, either.  So they're running into Marle's MDUR, which is something like 0.65 or so.  Blue+Lilka, I don't feel is enough to kill one in time, and Blue's speed is made of lol, IIRC.  A full assault's not getting much of anywhere due to revival...TL skipping, uh...see Snow.  He might have to pull out Overdrive here, and pray to god that that's enough to kill, or let the others get the kill.  Thank god all of these enemies are slow beyond hell.  I'll assume that Overdrive is enough here.
Team Magic vs. Rampage Drive - TL's useless from this point on, so we have Blue, Lilka, and LUCIA throwing what magic they can at Rampage Drive.  Fortunately, I'm pretty sure that's enough at this point...Priest still fails at resources.
Team Magic vs. Lich (FF1) - This is...sad.  I'm going to give a tentative pass here.

[Floor 1]
Team Andrew vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Beatdowns.  Hilarious.
Team Andrew vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - Yukiko nukes Steelix, and the Yuris and Chie kill.  This is some sort of brutal.
Team Andrew vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest - Yeah uh this team rapes Floor 1.  Priest fails at life, Marle runs into Chie and/or Yuri offense, and Alice doesn't really fare much better.
Team Andrew vs. Rampage Drive - FUCK YEAH THIS IS THE BEST FIGHT EVER!  ...against four people, all of whom have magic (Three of whom don't fail at it).  And whatever Ditto can do.
Team Andrew vs. Lich (FF1) - Bad news: Lich is hitting weakness against Yukiko.  Good news: he's getting his ass beat down anyway.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:29:44 PM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:05 PM »
Man ... Andrew's team is evil. Evil! Yuri1, Yuri2 and Yuri3 ... is the dungeon dooomed? Barring my lack of Yukiko respect and Marle/Lich hitting weakness ... eh it's freaking three X the Yuri. I guess nothing else really matters ...

I am curious though. Do people hold P3/4 characters to One!More in the DL/dungeon? Nama's post in the other thread seemed to imply so.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:25:55 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 10:26:09 PM »
I see P3/4 characters eating One Mores if their weakness is hit, don't see them scoring One Mores to non P3/4 people if they hit weakness. Weakness is a property of the defender to me, etc.

Also, Ditto can have fun getting turns to transform later on, although it is pretty cute. >_>

EDIT:

[Floor 1]
Team Magic vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Okay.  Let's get one thing straight.  Lucia and Priest fail at offense forever, Priest fails at resources forever.

Priest doesn't fail at offense once she gets Holy of the 2HKO damage at endgame (and it's not even late assuming some degree of beelining because half of Priest's skillset is a waste of breath in the dungeon), it's just that it's 2PB by -endgame-. Irrelevant to analysis at that point, but good to get a few things straight.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:25:25 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 02:31:28 AM »
Eh Lucia's a decent enough mage in game at this point, you don't have Ana yet - and still solid later running off that support anyway. If you like that sort of stuff that is - And I do so love putting my battle boots on and breaking games into little bitty pieces. She *has* no magic to throw at Rampage Drive though >_>  Crest wise she starts with an ST Atk, ST Def and an ST Speed booster. There's Purson if one allows Carla gift hype which grants ... Bright Light! This would be awesme ... if Rampage Drive didn't mock both Light and Dark (the other element Lucia has a shaky claim of using crests from) Much as I like Lucia ... that is just fail.  

So basically yeah Lucia does wind up failing forever and ever at offence when it comes to the DL/dungeon unless Bright Crime and/or the crest from her Black Forest sidequest is allowed but even then ... Urgh Rampage Drive *punts*

*nods* Thanks for the response Snow. It doesn't matter here though ... because's Marle's not getting a turn to hit Yuki's weakness? Or her ice magic's only ST? *forgets*

Oh yeah doesn't Ditto have Speed Powder? >_>
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:43:32 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 04:13:39 AM »
More that she's not getting a turn.  Marle is slow on top of being frail, and this is bad.  Ice 2 is MT, but she doesn't care because she's getting reduced to a pulp by any of the physical fighters (Physical damage literally has ~5/3 the normal effect on her compared to average.  1.5x average damage oneshots her.)
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 07:02:52 AM »
Yuri smacking Alice with a boost form the love-love sealstone is funny.

"Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich!"
"It's how he shows he -loves- me!"

Ahem.

All three teams pass.

Bardiche

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 09:11:30 PM »
Yuri smacking Alice with a boost form the love-love sealstone is funny.

"Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich!"
"It's how he shows he -loves- me!"

Ahem.

All three teams pass.

Except the Love-Love reduces damage against Different Sex targets, or Yuri is somehow male and female?

All teams pass, though.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »
Except the Love-Love reduces damage against Different Sex targets, or Yuri is somehow male and female?

All teams pass, though.

It's a joke, and not meant to be taken seriously.  That said, I'm giving a blanket pass as well.