Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 9  (Read 15128 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 9
« on: September 02, 2009, 02:49:16 AM »

"So you passed. How... adorable."

Team Magic, Taishyr and Andrew vs. Floor 2

Team Magic and Taishyr's Matches

Floor 3b: Multiples (Before Midgame)

So you want to try multiple foes? Let's see how you like this, then!

*All ST is MT for this floor. ALL of it.

Battle #11: Augst and Scythe

Augst: Let's tell jokes.
Scythe: WILD ARMS 4 PLOT.   

Battle #12: Georg and Tengaar

Georg: Let me show you why I am a guard for the Falenas family.
Tengaar: HIX!! ...Oh you're not here...

Battle #13: FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight

Chemist: Potions!
Samurai: AIYAI!
Knight: BREAK!

Battle #14: Nina4, Jessica Philomele and Yulie

*The team has been fully healed!

Nina: I'm afraid I can't let you through here.
Jess: Er... um... ...I think it'll be okay?

Boss Battle #3: Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg

Alma: Brothers... Let us fight.
Ramza: Of course, Alma!!
Zalbag: We won't let them defeat us.

Team Andrew's Matches

Floor 3a: Singles Matchup

"So, I see you keep managing somehow... Well, let's try something a bit more interesting. You can only focus on one enemy at a time!"

*All MT attacks have become ST and can be targetted on both enemy and ally at will.

Battle #11: Eiko, Garnet and Rydia

Eiko: I'll show you my powers to summon!
Rydia: You will not get past us!

Battle #12: Geddoe, Hugo and Luc

Geddoe: ...This should be easy.
Hugo: Fubar's not here, but... I'll beat you anyway!!
Luc: Child's play.

Battle #13: Lulu and Nina1

Lulu: Hmph. This will be where you stop.
Nina: For Wyndia!!

Battle #14: Ephraim and Cecilia

Ephraim: Do not worry, Princess. I shall protect you.
Cecilia: Oh, er, um, thanks I guess!

Boss Battle #3: Demi, Wren and Aigis

*The team has been fully healed!

Demi: I apologize, but I cannot allow you to pass.
Wren: We shall fight you until the bitter end. Do not resist.
Aigis: I will show you what I have learned.

---------------------------------------------

Team Taishyr | Kyogre, Maya, Raja, Kyra (MT), FFT Priest
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Taishyr vs. Augst and Scythe
Team Taishyr vs. Georg (S5) and Tengaar
Team Taishyr vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight
*Full Heal
Team Taishyr vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele and Yulie
Team Taishyr vs. Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg

Team Magic | Blue, Timelord, Lilka, Lucia, FFT Priest
[Floor 3b]
[Blue: Realm (Gift), Light (Gift), Fists]
*All ST is MT
Team Magic vs. Augst and Scythe
Team Magic vs. Georg (S5) and Tengaar
Team Magic vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight
*Full Heal
Team Magic vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele and Yulie
Team Magic vs. Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg

Team Andrew | Yuri1, Yuri2, Chie, Yukiko, Ditto (Love Love)
[Floor 3a]
*All MT is ST and targetable
Team Andrew vs. Eiko, Garnet and Rydia
Team Andrew vs. Geddoe, Hugo and Luc
Team Andrew vs. Lulu and Nina1
Team Andrew vs. Ephraim and Cecilia
*Full Heal
Team Andrew vs. Demi, Wren and Aigis

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. However, the damage of regular attacks, the healing of all spells that restore HP or MP, the status rates of status spells or attacks and the effect of buffs or debuffs (rounded down to the nearest half point in the case of Pokemon) is reduced to 50% of the original base chance. (For example, Deadly Fingertips has a max 50% chance of hitting all targets.) This applies even if there is only one opponent left.

Love Love: Damage is increased by 50% against same-sex targets and reduced by 50% against different-sex targets. This applies to both enemies and allies.

A note on Blue... I had, originally intended for him to get all the skills based on what he chose for a floor. This is, in practice, a bad idea. Please simply use your best judgment on what you think he'd have access to assuming he's been focusing on Light magic after the first gift and now fists. Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:11:21 AM by Nephrite »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 9
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 03:11:18 AM »
Kneejerk that Andrew passes. Thinking it's reasonable for Yuri2 at least, to have a Fusion with revival, which is enough to keep Yukiko in the game.

Hardest fight might be the summoners? Thinking Ditto transforms into Chie for the necessary smash to take out the revivers by turn 2.

Not sure about the MT Floor teams yet. Doesn't look good to me, but I haven't looked anything up yet.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:28:42 AM »
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Taishyr vs. Augst and Scythe - Scythe gets OHKOed. Augst... um yeah.
Team Taishyr vs. Georg (S5) and Tengaar - This one is the weirdest fight in the floor, but I hashed it out with Tai. Maia Custom kicks in here, so Maya definitely goes before Georg and casts Gry, which is NE magic that's stronger than the other current-level spells. Kyogre is also faster than Maya, I think, so Scary Face ensures Garnet gets a turn worst comes to worst, so Ramuh+Gry = Georg dies, and Tengaar is soon to follow given how Kyra is faster than her. Afterwards, mopping up ensues. Alternatively, magical ID hitting Georg's horrible MDef also is a solid argument.
Team Taishyr vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight - In all of their elemental walling nonsense, the FFT cast never thought about the idea of resisting Water. Kyogre sweeps.
*Full Heal
Team Taishyr vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele and Yulie - More Sweeping. Yulie will be kept mighty busy.
Team Taishyr vs. Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg - See the first FFT fight.

[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Magic vs. Augst and Scythe - Sorta long, but simple. Lilka goes first, casts Quicken so that Scythe doesn't get as many turns. Blast+Augst counter adds pressure, but the team's failure at MT healing doesn't matter here. As long as Lilka is alive, they're good to go.
Team Magic vs. Georg (S5) and Tengaar - Okay. Lilka and Georg are very close in speed, so Quicken doesn't let TL get a turn before Georg does (remember, TL's speed slump starts about now). Which means that he gets a turn and the entire team asplodes (the minor evasion buff won't break Georg accuracy). Which means TL Overdrives (burning his entire resource pool by default with no chance to restore it) or the team is toast. This is problematic, because... 
Team Magic vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight - The team, once again, utterly fails against the FFTers. TL is fresh out of JP, and FFT Knight+Samurai should be enough to wipe out his whole team, let alone with FFT Priest with her 2HKO damage (and Lucia's buffing can't do much about it either, they're too frail at base). They're all going off at roughly the same time (which is faster than Blue), and Auto-Potion ensures that they can't kill the team with damage. TL would be able to swing things a bit if he had JP for TimeLeap, since the opposing team isn't fast, but the team wouldn't make it to this fight. 
*Full Heal
Team Magic vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele and Yulie - Nina4 is faster than TL and immunes both his status and stat-busting. Thus, she'd spam her healing forever wasting TL's JP pool as he first TimeEclipses (he -needs- to get rid of Jessica because MT Silence is bad on the team, MT timed card healing is a pest and Sky Present could spell -ugly- things here). Yulie immunes Stone and cancels the speed busting with Quicken, and past that, she's a whore to kill with magic and magical status that isn't perfect accuracy. I also suspect that, with -this- awesome offense, Nina4 would probably deplete TL of resources.
Team Magic vs. Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg - And then, they'd die to the same thing again. Hooray, everybody goes before TL and ends the fight immediately because they're roughly the same speed and the team is frail. If you let a bunch of FFTers get a free crack at your team, you're dead.

[Floor 3a]
Team Andrew vs. Geddoe, Hugo and Luc
*Full Heal
Team Andrew vs. Demi, Wren and Aigis - Um. Kneejerk is to say this team will not get past this floor. Eiko/Rydia/Garnet is an ugly fight, and Lulu mocks the team really hard while IDing two people a turn with no effort.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 03:33:14 AM »
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Taishyr vs. Augst and Scythe - Kyogre OHKOs Scythe, Drizzle reduces Augst counters to a 10HKO. Yeah.
Team Taishyr vs. Georg (S5) and Tengaar - Okay, two and a half arguments exist here.
Argument 1: Maya uses Hama. Georg's MDef/Magic are horrible, he melts and then the team faces a lone Tengaar (who eats Kyogre/Garnet Ramuh/Kyra and dies). Note that, thanks to Maia Custom being completely goddamn awesome stat-wise (Level 31 persona when you're using L18-22. Yeah.) she -will- go first here barring Kyogre who is still stupid on stats at this point. (Hama is ~35, 40% accuracy base, but Georg's MDef is absolutely sad and both Kyogre and Maya are speedy here. So.)

If you don't allow Hama to kill,
Argument 2: Kyogre has Scary Face. MT -2 pokemon speed, and yes, in a 2v2 fight, if something's hit with this it very much tends to go last that very round. Maya uses Tengu's Gry, Garnet uses Ramuh and Kyra uses whatever. Georg explodes to the magic, Tengaar likely (but not assuredly, Ramuh's pretty shiny damage for now?) gets a turn and Earthquakes, killing Maya at a minimum. This fails to matter.

Team Taishyr vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight - Because FFT can't block water. The Death Whale rides again.
*Full Heal
Team Taishyr vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele and Yulie - Kyogre Body Slams and Yulie wonders why her rib cage just imploded, Maya follows up with Maha Aques off Maia Custom stats and compounded with Drizzle and the enemy team just kinda sobs.
Team Taishyr vs. Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg - And Death Whale Water Pulse + Maha Aques clean up nicely here.

EDIT: One final note, for the sake of reference: Ulala is either gone for the first part of this floor, or the last part of last floor. Either way, she is behind on stats and levels and Personas, which means Maya is -really- stupid for speed here.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:41:09 AM by Taitoro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 03:58:15 AM »
For what it's worth...  Andrew looks like he wins to me (but no vote as usual).  He's got two revivers in Yuri2 & Yukiko to slow things down.  The first fight looks like the toughest one - not sure of that.  The Lulu / Nina fight?  The Yuris ruthlessly Mind Assault Lulu, and if she doesn't lose all her MP after 2 castings of that, then they just do it again next turn for 4 castings.  They immune both Death & Paralysis, and Lulu (if she even has MP on turn 1) needs to kill Ditto so as not to eat Death herself and preferably Yukiko as well.  So she's not having any MP from turn 2 on, and Nina gets drained next.  Then Yuri2 revives everyone else while facing NINA PHYSICALS.  The Cecilia fight probably just has her getting beaten up by Chie / the Yuris before she gets a turn.  And the last fight is hilarious for Wren's anti-mech ID getting a use...  by Ditto.  Since the bots need to kill, effectively, Ditto and all the revivers constantly, and their MT is neutered to ST...  not seeing that happen, especially since the Yuris can probably start laying decent stat buffs around now if the bots don't kill all three turn 1.  If Andrew loses, I suspect it'd be the Garnet / Eiko / Rydia's fight's fault if anything (Garnet & Rydia are getting constant doubleturns thanks to Persona knock-downs unless the gals defend constantly, and not sure the Yuris can handle this on their own).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:04:26 AM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 04:03:35 AM »
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Taishyr vs. Augst and Scythe- Scythe durability.
Team Taishyr vs. Georg (S5) and Tengaar- Scary face/blessing. Team doesn't really fear anything at this point.
Team Taishyr vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight- Kyogre. Knight may well survive a Kyo turn with some luck, but does it matter? No.
*Full Heal
Team Taishyr vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele and Yulie- Kyogre offense.
Team Taishyr[ vs. Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg- Kyogre offense that can't be walled. Kyo doesn't run screaming from Dycedarg either. Too much damage flying around, and Priest counters Alma's reraise nonsense with reraise of her own, or blows a lot of MP on slapping the other team around with a holy blitzkreig.  Ramza can opt for a Sleep sword and can cause some trouble, but not nearly enough.

[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Magic vs. Augst and Scythe- Scythe's last strike gimmick absolutely kills his worth here. Team pounds him into dust before he can get going, Augst is non factor.
Team Magic vs. Georg (S5) and Tengaar-  Georg has to be Overdrived here. I'm pretty sure he is faster than TL, and if he gets a turn the entire team besides maybe Lucia is dead meat. TL slowdowns the enemy team, time twisters his own team for next round, and chips them down. Lucia should have some modest SP restoration at this point, and she'll get a chance to use it here.  
Team Magic vs. FFT Chemist, FFT Priest, FFT Samurai and FFT Knight-Jade armlets+armor blocking ID or else they're in status trouble. TL time Eclipses the enemy team, murdering speed. (I see it landing turn one, Time eclipse is very accurate.). Priest protects the team, Lilka hastes, Blue probably.. .wait, Pyschic Prison. He is using that just to slow Priest down; I doubt the combined assault kills at this point. Time Twister next round should give him the ability to blitz with the free double turns. Knight can get cute and try to equip break, but... not worth it, before the savepoint.
*Full Heal
Team Magic vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele and Yulie- Pyschic prison prevents any serious  fuckery.OH NO NINA4 OFFENSE.
Team Magic vs. Alma, Ramza and Dycedarg- Magic has to have overdrive here for Dycedarg to have a chance. Alma's Mbarrier means Dycedarg gets a turn. His equip breaks do decent damage and ruin valuable gear. He can also go straight damage and have that unpleasant status side effect. Odds are he is silencing at least one PC with Lightning Stab for starters. ouch.

Short version: Magic team puts up a decent fight, lack of direct offense gets him utterly slaughtered against the final boss. Fists were not a good choice for this floor. (hint: Take Arcane/Rune.)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:42:00 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 04:12:32 AM »
Taishyr passes with ease. Magic explodes. Their is nothing he can do to stop the FFTs fight. He needs to OD on other fights to even get to the FFT one. Andrew dies as well. The Lulu/ Nina fight is extremely problematic. If you allow One Mores then Lulu is getting three turns in a row because Chie doesn't have her ultimate persona yet. Even if Chie and Yukiko guard double cast blows right past it and kills off at least three characters in one turn. Nina's defensive spells make draining Lulu's mp difficult. They might make it past that fight, but when they get to the Cecilia/Ephraim fight the girls and Ditto are dead. Ephraim smashes one and Cecilia prisons the other and that's game.  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:14:29 AM by dude789 »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:15:38 AM »
Which FFT fight? FIrst one is mangable, second is less so. I need to look at his options to be sure though, Lucia/Lilka are a bit hazy.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 04:33:58 AM »
The first one, but he has problems with the second as well.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 04:36:11 AM »
First one can't one round his team without a lot of luck on Knight breaks before hand, thanks to protect and the absolute shit offense it has it's disposal. TL has way too many ways to carry his team at this point, be it the MT speed busting of doom or the MT quick or.. well you get the picture. Chemist/Priest physicals don't scare Alenia and Knight is below average at damage himself.
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 04:49:34 AM »
TL has used OD in the fight before to stop Georg. He's completely useless and the team's bad damge sinks even further. The knight has all the time he needs to break stuff so that the team can be one rounded.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 04:52:30 AM »
Tai's team passes.  Kyogre offense pretty much sums it up.

Magic's team needs two Overdrives to get past the floor and thus, fails.

Abstain on Andrew's team.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 04:53:41 AM »
I think super's argument hinges on Lucia using SP-recovering Aromatherapy. Which... she might have at this point. CT probably knows better than I do.

If TL Overdrives on the Georg/Tengaar fight, I guess he leaves Tengaar alive (or boosts Lucia's speed a lot) so that before the match ends Lucia is recovering a decent amount of resources before the next fight.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 04:57:47 AM »
I think CT said Lucia's MP healing is floor 3 herself. Issue being that it's pretty low-end, but TL just needs one-two turns of it. I think the argument there is Lilka Quickens, Lucia oils... although Blue still needs to outspeed Tengaar for Psychic Prison. If Tengaar gets a turn, she's OHKOing the universe there. Hmmm. Oh, right, Priest uses Shell and is faster. That works out.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 05:31:25 AM »
Well, as far as I was figuring, George is ~115% average speed.  Even though TimeLord doesn't have many options for absorbing at this point, can't he make a QUI focus to beat that out, especially with Quick coming in to play?  I'd say they're about as fast as each other, so I'd tiebreak on my side thanks to Quick...  Not to mention that even though George's average damage is high, his chance of getting a critical on turn 1 is 49%, going to the favorable interpretation.  As far as I've calculated, that's slightly below average.

Also, can't TimeLord just equip a lot of things for the QUI focus?

So...  Yeah.  I need to better articulate my thoughts.

All teams vs. Dungeon

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 05:42:28 AM »
TL can't really equip twink for speed.

TL has used OD in the fight before to stop Georg. He's completely useless and the team's bad damge sinks even further. The knight has all the time he needs to break stuff so that the team can be one rounded.

Lucia restores his JP, yeah. He doesn't need a ton, just enough to slow down the FFT team. Tengaar by herself is not scary to his team.
-------------------

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 06:25:49 AM »
TL can't really equip twink for speed.

Well...  If anything, there's some of the weaker monsters out there.

On that note, I really have no idea what the highest Rank would be for monster absorbing, but if there's a Rank 4 max for this floor (an FAQ I was looking at looked like it had 11 ranks, with Krakens at rank 9 (no, I am not hyping me having Krakens available this early)), the Rank 3 monster Whip Jelly gives a Bonus of +15 QUI, while the Rank 4 Frillneck offers a +18 to QUI.  The data was pulled from this FAQ.

Granted, I'm not actually sure how rare these enemies are, but the FAQ paints them as pretty easy-looking to beat anyway.

Only allowing Whip Jelly as a max, TimeLord would need the average speed to be ~37.  (Frillneck raises the point to where the average would need to be ~38).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:33:08 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 06:53:03 AM »
Well, if he gets the option to twink, then so do the other Mystics, who will raise the average as well, and the other PCs get equipment options for speed-twinking as well. If he's twinking for speed, he'll be taken against a speed-twinked average, which, given his equipment limitations and the fact that the Mystics will also be bumping that average up, probably won't let him get ahead much.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 07:17:49 AM »
If anything, humans max out at a 20-point QUI bonus from equipment, of which most Mystics can get 15 (unless you see PoweredSuit coming into play, which no matter what, involves expoiting glitches to get this early, or see the Asura as legal for everyone, which is rather unfair to take into averages, since everyone would love to spend 6 LP to get two, where LP is a stat that is by no means boostable, which is a deathwish to any character that does this, even though that is a LOT of power, especially with TwoSword...  But I'm getting off topic).  TimeLord is a LEAST 10 points higher than any other Mystic in the game (besides Asellus, who pseudo-cheats...  Maybe at this point; it's a good question to whether or not she even has MysticSword by now).  Then there's Riki and the other monsters!  Hi!  They exist to balance out the Mecs (which I'm still not sure how to take) at this point, I think, while STILL bringing the average down...  So the average floats around ~51-52, with TimeLord sitting pretty at ~63 QUI, I'd like to guess?

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 07:19:14 AM »
Short version: Magic team puts up a decent fight, lack of direct offense gets him utterly slaughtered against the final boss. Fists were not a good choice for this floor. (hint: Take Arcane/Rune.)

Or... Guns. The speed boost would really help Blue.

MT MBarrier is pretty bad news for a magic-heavy team. Magic makes it to the boss, but Vermillion Sand, even MT, is running into MBarrier hard.

TL needs Overdrive here.

Which... he might be able to handle?

TL outspeeds Georg, uses MT Glass Shield instead of TimeLeap, Georg cries if he uses his physical, which gets nulled AND he takes 5 Glass Shards counters.

With Georg a non-factor, Blue/Lilka take out Tengaar. And Lucia has all the time in the world to refill MP as long as TL spams Glass Shield.

Hmm... Magic might pass after all.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 07:36:56 AM »
That interp relies heavily on TL being faster than Georg, though, which is a no-brainer in the endgame, but personally an idea I find hard to swallow in earlygame to midgame. He hits a general stat slump in the middle parts that only get fixed by the time he reaches floor 5. If he -does- outspeed Georg, he has that fight.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 12:36:24 PM »
MP? SP? Lucia covers recovery for both types but only MP at this stage. She doesn't gain SP recovery till Sunrise which is F5/6. Snow is right though. MP restore she gets it w/th Night Oil combos but it isn't all that good until she gets Moon for Night X Moon  (next floor) I suppose it's a moot point if Timelord is buying her time to pull off a number of shots of her lesser Night combo. I dunno. How much stuff does Lucia have to use on this floor? As Snow pointed out before her own MP isn't infinite. It might as well be end game true but ...

Andrew's team explodes. I dunno about Lulu + Yuri MP draining as I can't remember if his MP draining was good enough for that or whether or not Nina buffs would work at reducing drain type attacks but that's not the only evil fight on this floor. Besides doesn't Lulu have MP draining anyway?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:55:49 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 01:49:42 PM »
Snow covered why TL specifically speed twinking to cheat the averages is silly, so yeah. I don't know how fast I see TL at this point- lucky for him he has higher than normal base speed for a mystic.

If he can get to the boss with OverDrive he wins.  That locks Alma into using a ribbon to prevent status hell from OverDrive, and if that happens Time Leap's turn skip means he wins the floor. Edit: Seriously man, put more direct offense in your team next time magic.

Edit:

[Floor 3a]
Team Andrew vs. Geddoe, Hugo and Luc- I would get shocked if Andrew gets past this fight. Luc/Hugo have really fast status, Geddoe can dish out nasty damage as well. Chie's best feature at this point is her MT damage which doesn't come into play, and the team doesn't have much status curing in general.
*Full Heal
Team Andrew vs. Demi, Wren and Aigis
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:54:35 PM by superaielman »
-------------------

Taishyr

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 02:02:28 PM »
A quick question, since it came up in a few discussions:

when would people see Dungeon Kyogre's Water Spout being learned?

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »
Water Spout? Level 75, so... post-game. >.>
Edit: To be a little more specific on that, I see endgame as the strongest E4 Pokemon. In Ruby/Sapphire, that's 58, so it's a fair bit after endgame as well..

Edit: Edit: Blah. Guess P4's Defend lasting one action screws up that Lulu/Nina fight for Andy's team. So that's a fail for Team Andy.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 05:55:24 PM by Yoshiken »