Author Topic: Animafia - Game Over, Man, Game Over  (Read 29066 times)

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Animafia - Day 4 LYLO! (Special Spectator Request Inside!)
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2009, 09:47:05 AM »
Considering it's Tracker, Single-shot Vig, and bulletproof vs. rolecop and roleblocker and who knows what else? Set-up seems decidedly one-sided.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2009, 09:53:26 AM »
We have not had the time available we would like to have. As such, our investigation is not done.

I asked because the Sith doubt your claim, Hank Hill. You assert you were attempting to catch scum's eyes all game, but ducked suspiciously low on our radar and, so the Sith imagine, others' radars as well.

As such, we reasoned that if you were Bulletproof Town, the announcement would have been (potential) LYLO from the start- Word of god makes us now doubt whether our theory there is correct.

The Sith look mainly towards Hank Hill for now, although we cannot say either Jack or Shaggy are clear to us.

We second the call to allow us continue the game if Shaggy is town and gets modkilled.
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2009, 10:15:27 AM »
I "ducked suspiciously low," Mr. Dooku, because I had things to do. Like work, and taking care of my family, and cheering on the Dallas Cowboys. I tried to post when I could, and when I had something to say.

As it stands, I see no reason to doubt my claim. Not only did God say that it would, in fact, be (potential) LYLO, but I also do not see a point of having a rolecop and a roleblocker working together if not to sniff out my propane like a bloodhound, and then to take me out before I can make it to the safety of work.

I believe we are now staring each other eye-to-eye, Mr. Dooku, as I simply can't stand liars. 

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2009, 10:21:10 AM »

The plan is likewise appealing, and I would recommend to Shaggy in this case that, unless you have an investigative power (seems unlikely) with information, it would be in town's best interests for you to follow your cowardly instincts and not appear again, as we hit scum at best or gain an extra chance to hit scum at worst.

With warning ahead of this potential plan, avatar of evil, I'm far more likely to turn my head to you than to Hank at this point should Shaggy modkill town (which I really doubt, but still). Hank's Crocker placement is stronger, and I feel greater unease about your early play.

Ninja'd by Hank: just how did the avatar of evil lie? I don't see it.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »
Mr. Dooku claims that my role claim would only be valid if...
As such, we reasoned that if you were Bulletproof Town, the announcement would have been (potential) LYLO from the start- Word of god makes us now doubt whether our theory there is correct.
That is a silly thing to say, as if that had been declared from the start, then it would have been obvious there had been a role like that in the mix.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2009, 10:30:35 AM »
The cause of your low profile is none of our concern. We are concerned with your claim of attempting to attract scum eyes all game.

The quoted part is not a lie, it is a hypothesis. It tied into your claim of attempting to attract scum eyes all game, as you did no such thing to our eyes. Never did I assert your claim would hold validity only if the condition I suggested was met.
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »
Ahh. Then I apologize for my rude behavior, Mr. Dooku. Will you please forgive me?

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »
Maybe.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »
Okay, I'll make this deal. If Shaggy is town and gets modkilled for inactivity, I will only end the day if I see the Last Activity time for the user behind Shaggy has changed from what it is right now.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2009, 06:34:05 PM »
Shaggy has explained his emergency situation in recent days to me. I am shutting the modkill timer off.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2009, 02:50:37 AM »
Can we be given the same explanation?

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2009, 03:52:39 AM »
Cross-state family emergency.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2009, 12:50:24 AM »
Ugh.

Shaggy has been modkilled at his request. He was Town. Full flip will not come until the game has ended, however.

Vote count would be reset, but, well.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2009, 09:11:41 AM »

Well.

Uh.

Thanks, Shaggy - that makes a huge difference. I was just about absolutely convinced it was you when the modkill timer was dropped, so had you come back I doubt you'd have been able to shake me off.

Otherwise great, I was wrong and fell for the obvious trap. My confidence is shot out now that I have to find scum on the Crocker train, but as per my previous re-reading I find myself far more doubtful of Dooku than Hank. Let me know if you want this summed up again or have anything else to question me about, as I have little to do here otherwise until you make your final day cases. Certainly not considering placing my vote before then, at least.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2009, 10:39:11 PM »
The speed at which this game moves is unstimulating.

We have observed both contestants for the noose, and have here our findings:

Jack has been worrisome in his attempts earlier this day. When Shaggy was still a contestant for the noose, he made arguments as to why both Hank and I are unlikely to be scum- as scum, such a ploy could be used to garner sympathy from town. Regardless.

His behaviour Day 1, which the Sith had come to pass off as innocent seems less innocent now. When we queried his reasoning for voting Suzumiya, and what other alternatives he would have suggested for her to take, he brushed off our inquiry, stating it made us suspicious to his eyes. And, though he maintains this point throughout the game, never once does his suspicion slide into the realm of actively accusing the Sith of something. At least, not to such extent that it has ever been worthy of discussion.

A charge he puts forward against us is that we 'set up a vote swap'. The Sith felt at that moment that Lightyear may have pressed the jokephase too hard- we mentioned we felt he had enough pressure on him as yet. Therefore, we find this accusation to be a jumped conclusion without observance to our intent.

His focus of "those who are on Crocker are likely town" seemed acceptable at the time, but now again raises our hackles.

Should it be said that it is alarming that Hank Hill has little against him... on account of having posted little? We do, however, worry for his innocence as well- perhaps greater than with Jack.

While Jack accuses the Sith of tunneling on the first Day, the Sith can hold that same charge against Hank Hill for the second day. That his vote was on someone who turned out scum is not important- in the end, one of us three is scum, and all three were on that train. However, Hank Hill has said nothing whatsoever about any of the other cases, and has made no attempt whatsoever to highlight himself in any way whatsoever. If you recall, we took issue with his claim of "trying to attract scum eyes all game", as he has done nothing to mark himself a dangerous individual from our point of view.

In summation, Hill got on the Crocker train without bothering to examine any of the other cases. At that point, Crocker was already looking bad- I believe you can agree with us that Crocker's behaviour would, sooner or later, have been cause for worry among more, given his manner of participation. The Sith do not rule out the possibility of an early bus precisely to gain town cred- as we know the Sith are innocent, we now know this gambit has been employed. Our worry lies greater with Hill than with Jack for this, as Jack has argued more against Crocker than Hill has.

Mis-reading what we have said and construing it as a lie seems odd to us as well. We are also... suspicious of this:
That is a silly thing to say, as if that had been declared from the start, then it would have been obvious there had been a role like that in the mix.
While it treads into game discussion, if the mod would have declared LYLO and, in fact, it was not LYLO, then the mod would have led town by the nose and lied.

As a result, the Sith hypothesise that the scum could not possibly fumble their kill. This, and the fact we are sufficiently suspicious of Hank Hill for the listed aggravations makes that we are willing to execute him as the last Eraser.

We will be voting Hank Hill in twenty minutes.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »
As promised.

##VOTE: Hank Hill

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2009, 11:41:54 PM »

You're free to join us with the Erasers, avatar of evil. It's a most tempting offer, I'm sure you'll agree.

##Vote: Hank Hill

Haruhi Suzumiya

• 17/F/nishinomiya if ur an ALIEN or ESPER or TIME TRAVELER c me!!!
  • Denizen
  • SOS BRIGADE SUPEREME COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2009, 11:54:57 PM »

Final Votecount:
Hank Hill (2): Count Dookie, Jack from Fight Club

HANK WAS TOWN
JACK WAS SCUM
SCUM WIN
EPIC PHAIL
but massive lulz

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 17, 2009, 12:39:23 AM »
* Jo'ou Ranbu applauds Jack. I know it can't be the Ciddy, but it almost -has- to.

Granted, I'm not sure how could town ever win with NOBODY SHOWING UP EVER. This was the lurkertasticiest (shut up) game I've ever seen.

And, as usual, props for Haruhi. You made the game by existing.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2009, 12:49:30 AM »
Not me. I don't really do mafia these days.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2009, 12:52:31 AM »
I thought Jack screamed Lady Door's manslave myself.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2009, 12:59:37 AM »
It was clearly Super and his masterful mafia talents
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »

I know (funny how your lack of things to do makes you less inclined to play), but you're like one of the best scummies I know in the DL as well. It's fun.

Also, I think a loligoth just turned into a fat old man named Marvin from OK's scumaielman hype.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
 Like I have the mental energy to even closely read a mafia topic, let alone play.

And yeah, it was hard to get reads on people with the amount of lurking going on with the reading I did do.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2009, 01:27:28 AM »

I know (funny how your lack of things to do makes you less inclined to play)

Because it turns into an all-consuming obsession on slow days (and needless to say, that is what all of them have been this year).