Author Topic: Animafia - Game Over, Man, Game Over  (Read 28989 times)

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
Re: Animafia Begins! - Day 1 (Special Spectator Request, too)
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2009, 07:56:30 AM »
Final Day 1 Vote Count

Coop (0): Hank Hill
Sgt. Cosgrove (0):
Mr. Crocker (2): Haruhi Suzumiya, Filburt
Count Dooku (0): Sgt. Cosgrove, Mr. Crocker
Hank Hill (0): Coop
Jack (1): Count Dooku
Buzz Lightyear (5): Jay Sherman, Mr. Crocker, Jack, Hank Hill, Sgt. Cosgrove, Coop, Sylvester
Sylvester (0):
Bender (0): Jack
Shaggy (0): Sylvester, Bender, Haruhi Suzumiya
Filburt (0):
Jay Sherman (0): Buzz Lightyear, Filburt
Haruhi Suzumiya (3): Filburt, Jack, Hank Hill, Jay Sherman, Buzz Lightyear, Sylvester, Mr. Crocker

No vote: Bender, Shaggy

---

"Hey, where does that door go?"

Attention was drawn to a side door leading out of the previously empty office to elsewhere in the building. Opening it revealed several back hallways, before coming across a large darker room that would have passed for janitorial storage if not for the vat of bubbling goo in the center.

"I know what that is! I recognize that stuff from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (which was terrible, by the way)! That's Dip! It destroys cartoons! We could use it to get rid of those of us possessed by the Erasers!"

The viscous liquid certainly didn't look very friendly, but people shuffled their feet, anxious at the potential danger of this new weapon.

Buzz Lightyear finally stepped forward.

"A dangerous foreign substance? Star Command would no doubt want me to investigate this. Stand back, civilians, while I run an aerial scan."

Buzz clambered up several shelves and boxes of various floor cleaners before he was several feet above the top of the vat of Dip. He readied his scanner and jumped.

"To infinity - and beyond!"

Unfortunately for Buzz, he had forgotten that his scanner was just a sticker, and thus was useless.

Even more unfortunately, he forgot that he couldn't actually fly.

---

Buzz Lightyear (Town Single-Shot Nightvig) fell to his doom with style!

It is now Night 1. Please send him night actions.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:09:37 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Animafia Begins! - Night 1 (Special Spectator Request Inside!)
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2009, 12:54:44 AM »
Most of the remaining cartoons backed away from the depressing sight of Buzz's demise. One, however, was quite curious, even eager, to investigate further.

Haruhi got up close to the vat of bubbling Dip and peered into it.

"Wow, that stuff works fast! Wonder what's in it? Besides the spaceman toy, of course. I wonder if I could get Mikuru to eat of some this."

Haruhi was so busy motormouthing about her latest plans for Mikuru involving the liquid death in front of her that she didn't even notice she was missing an arm until she tried to raise it up to waggle her index finger.

A collective gasp  could be heard from the rest of the crown. Haruhi, however, seemed completely unfazed by the sudden lack of anything attached to her shoulder. In fact, after staring at the empty space for a few moments, she grinned.

"The Erasers must be trying to send me a message! I bet they want to talk to me! I have to go find them!"

Without so much as a good-bye, the teenager dashed back out the door, calling messages to her new-found "friends".

---

Haruhi Suzumiya (Vanilla Townie) was killed overnight!

It is now Day 2. With 11 still alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch. You have 48 hours to vote. Good luck!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Haruhi Suzumiya

• 17/F/nishinomiya if ur an ALIEN or ESPER or TIME TRAVELER c me!!!
  • Denizen
  • SOS BRIGADE SUPEREME COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: Animafia - Day 2 (Special Spectator Request Inside!)
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2009, 12:59:49 AM »
 :P
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
THIS GAME SUX
go town

:P

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2009, 01:13:40 AM »
Okay, let'th take a better look at thith.

Firtht off, Buzz mithrepped me in hith latht potht.
Sylvester hangs back and makes comments about Haruhi, and then voted me when I had those opinions.
I already ecthplained that I couldn't make out Haruhi'th reathonin' for her vote cauth she thpoke tho terribly. And if I'd theen Buzz have an opinion on Haruhi rather than thaying nothing about it, I'd have been leth inclined to thtick my vote on him. He ecthplained himthelf after I'd left for the day.

It'th difficult to chooth a perthon in particular to vote, mainly becauth there'th pretty much no talkin' goin' on. Shaggy'th thill totally uthless, but Bender vanishing for the thecond half of the day doethn't help either. I don't theem to remember Thargeant Cothgrove thaying anything utheful other than jumpin' on the Buzz wagon, either.

Quote from: Hank Hill
Also, the cat seems to be jumping onto bandwagons left, right, and center. First, a jokevote on the boy here. Then, as the he becomes popular, the cat leaves its vote where it is. Next, it puts a vote down on the girl, who has replaced the boy in fame. And its final vote? Well, that one has landed on Mr. Lightyear. Aside from that, it has one post that says... what, exactly? That the boy needs to speak again? This wagon hopping is most alarming, if you ask me.
- Given that Shaggy had yet ta post, and the only other cathe at the time was the 'third on the wagon' one, I thought it wouldn't hurt to put a little pressure on the potenthial lurker.
- Already ecthplained that I couldn't make our her reathoning for all of her thpam.

Wanna thee thome people talkin' before I lay a vote down.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2009, 01:24:43 AM »

Right, there's a picture of Jack. That's going to have to suffice for roleplaying for this post, as I doubt I can make Jack sound nearly as blunt as this. Not that I have anything against continued roleplaying, and will try more myself after this post.

First and foremost - Bender, Shaggy, and Sherman, you guys have got to start playing the game. You guys easily top my nuke list as things are, but when you've all been quite such non-entities you reduce me (and others) to an almost random choice between you (okay, you've been absent in different ways so it's not entirely arbitrary, but come on), and unless you're all scum then this is horrible for town.

(I love you guys really, please come and play <3)

This applies in varying lesser shades to several others. Coop's practically in the same boat with only one actual post (less actual content than Bender, but without the vote withholding), I read a little more from Cosgrove but don't like the "I have nothing to say" post (as much as I appreciate the sentiment), and Dooku still causes me active concern for tunneling one event and what looks like setting up a vote swap (to a now confirmed townie, as much as I did lead and stand by that train myself).

Filburt I'm picking up neutral. Slightly town in general, but eyebrows raised for the maneuvering around Buzz.

The lack of an explanation for his vote for Haruhi aside, Hank reads about the same.

Also happy enough with Sylvester for now. I don't see his vote record in the same way that Hank does.

Crocker turns my guts. Most lately, he pulled out his teeth from Dooku's ankle rather tamely in the end, which I dislike but wouldn't think much of, but then voted for Haruhi because... uh... she didn't comment on Sherman? Admittedly wasn't on the Buzz train, but that was already way out in front so really didn't need to be. Not sure why scumCrocker would support the Buzz train without actually being on it, admittedly, as it's not like that would help him.

(hindsight aside, I stand by my position to stick with Buzz over him yesterday even given this as Buzz's play was far more startling with every post)

##Prod: Lurkers
##Vote: Mr. Crocker

Case of substance > pot luck with the lurkers, so long as the lurking ends real soon.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2009, 01:54:54 AM »
The Sith prefer that the roleplaying will not interfere with the readability of the posts.

Regarding Jack from the previous day: I retract my judgment of him. His attempt to strike at Suzumiya for her following the common tradition of Day 1 Mafia led me to doubt him, but I see now that there is reason to withhold such judgment of him.

We of the Sith are unable to determine whether we trust Sylvester's idling. We acknowledge, however, that he could also have lurked until everyone had posted, and so find no fault in it yet. Do not mistake these words for idle chatter. Our eyes are still on him, as he is as likely a candidate to be an Eraser as the next person.

##VOTE: Sgt Cosgrove

I have judged this man suspicious. His presence at day 1 has been lackluster. He revealed his presence briefly, to conclude only that he could lend no assistance to the discussion in any way. His vote on Lightyear is nothing but an easy stance to the Sith. In the end, we believe there was enough for him to lend his opinion on, and would urge him to do so after all. Lightyear was not Day 1's sole option for a lynch.
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2009, 06:31:05 AM »
Hmph. Bubbling Dip. This must be the work of FAIRY GODPARENTS. OR ERASERS.

Mr. Jack, unfortunately, Miss Suzumiya's "trip to the dip" has left my question unanswered, as I firmly believe that there must be someone suspicious around her early bandwagon, as my Eraser Detector v1.0 says so. Come on, four people jumping on her basing solely on her madness, basically nothing at all? That's why I asked Mr. Dark Side why you Mr. Jack and why not Mr. Hill or Mr. Sherman. His answer was more related to who finds more suspicious to him, based on his "Dark Side" powers. Like now, that, out of all the lurking people, he finds Cosgrove more suspicious.

I'd like to know more about the jumpers there, specifically the later ones. But more people needs to contribute. My detector needs more input data.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »
*Blatantly ignoring his role in the lynch of Suzumiya much in the same way he ignores the destruction he always causes as a result of saving Jersey*

So like, here we are all trying to find the bad guys, most of us sticking our necks on the line with what we say, and then I noticed this shaggy guy hiding in a corner.

All he did day one is hide in a corner all day, and when prodded all he did was say go look at the Suzumiya person, who we know is town, without actually giving a legitimate reason, and has done nothing but hide in his corner ever since.  He didn't even place a vote!

The best way to beat the bad guys is to blindly give it your all! Not run away in fear!  This must be a ploy!

##Vote: Shaggy

Li Syaoran

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2009, 09:20:19 AM »
I get back here and what's happened?  Two of us gone to those Erasers, that's what!  And worse yet, I see Crocker's still talking about nothing.  Then again, all we've got is nothing going on because no one's talking, so maybe nothing's a good thing to talk about.  Man, when's Sienfeld gonna show up, cause this is his kind of place.

The worst thing is, the only people who've really talked so far are the people who were talking Day 1 too, so the people we don't know anything about...  we still don't know anything about.  Which means we may as well just draw straws or toss some dice or something.  Though, we know they're reading, so maybe if we got enough votes on them they'd start talking like spaceman there did.  Then again, who was really ready to believe him when all his talk was just a last ditch effort to save himself?

Sadly, not gonna happen.  At least, not from me.  While not a lot of people are talking, those who are talking are saying a lot.  Like Crocker, who decides to grill Dooku by talking to...  Jack?  And demands that more people give input on what he thinks is important but not look it up himself?  But, bad as he is, he's got nothing on our friend Coop.

I mean, really.  I can get behind a Shaggy vote.  Damned hippy's got it coming, after all.  But he's not the only one to disappear (Why hello, Bender, Shermin) so what's so big about him?  His only thing is his nothing post is late in the day while the other two had theirs early in the day.  So, all of that last post?  Was a whole lot of nothing.  I mean, he even responded to a prod.  Shermin and Bender sure didn't.  And there's nothing there on anyone who has said anything.  No insight, no thought, nothing we couldn't figure out by using our freaking eyes!  Heck, nothing that couldn't even have been said Day 1 before the flips, outside of the knowledge that Haruhi is town.

However, what really gets to me, is that part where you decide to ignore your role in Haruhi's death.  Got something on your mind you want to share with us, Mech Boy?

##Vote: Coop

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »

Your point may hold a little weight, Crocker, but explains not why you ended up voting for Suzumiya, that which I drew attention to.

I assume Coop refers not to the most wicked killing of Suzumiya, but to the lynching of Lightyear, of which he took part.

As much as I see the game of chance with those most silent has already begun, more worrisome to me is the act of sitting in wait with their votes. Progress for our quest has been delayed much already.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »
As much as I see the game of chance with those most silent has already begun, more worrisome to me is the act of sitting in wait with their votes. Progress for our quest has been delayed much already.
Ecthellent point, and now that we've got a little talkin' goin' on it'th one I'm gonna try an' rectify.

*Blatantly ignoring his role in the lynch of Suzumiya much in the same way he ignores the destruction he always causes as a result of saving Jersey*
However, what really gets to me, is that part where you decide to ignore your role in Haruhi's death.
Conthidering Haruhi wath hit, not lynched, I'm not sure where exactly thith ith coming from. Feelth like looking for an ecthcuthe to choothe one lurker over the retht, y'know?

Quote from: Dooku
Regarding Jack from the previous day: I retract my judgment of him. His attempt to strike at Suzumiya for her following the common tradition of Day 1 Mafia led me to doubt him, but I see now that there is reason to withhold such judgment of him.
Thith reathon being...? It doethn't help anyone if you thay 'I trutht Jack now' and don't bother to thay why.

Anyway, I think it'th pretty ironic (pun intended) that Bender in his latht potht athkth for more converthation...then promptly dithappearth for the retht of the day.

##Vote: Bender

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2009, 04:07:56 PM »
Vote count!

Coop (1): Filburt
Sgt. Cosgrove (1): Count Dooku
Mr. Crocker (1): Jack
Count Dooku ():
Hank Hill ():
Jack ():
Sylvester ():
Bender (1): Sylvester
Shaggy (1): Coop
Filburt ():
Jay Sherman ():

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have about 32.5 hours remaining.

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »
Err, out of character to correct myself. Meant to say ignores Lightyear.

The first sentence was basically just flavor text, Coop in his show usually ends up destroying most of Jersey City or whatever other location he's at in the process of saving whatever needs to be saved.  Usually at the end of the show he won't acknowledge that he was the one that caused most of it, the flavor sentence was mostly in reference to that.

Random in character reason to keep voting on Shaggy:

HE STOLE MY SLURPEE.

Princess Leia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »
Bite my shiny metal ass, Sylvester. You arent even real. I mean, Cats died out 700 years ago!

Really though, disappearing for the rest of the day is because I was getting ready for the first day in my GCSE school year. After that, OH YEAH!!!!---> I need sleep, and hammer dropped before I awoke. Ooh! Nooo! Scummy bastard!

##VOTE: Sgt Cosgrove

I have judged this man suspicious. His presence at day 1 has been lackluster. He revealed his presence briefly, to conclude only that he could lend no assistance to the discussion in any way. His vote on Lightyear is nothing but an easy stance to the Sith. In the end, we believe there was enough for him to lend his opinion on, and would urge him to do so after all. Lightyear was not Day 1's sole option for a lynch.

If you say that his performance Day one was Lackluster, and that he could only vote on Lightyear for an easy stance, then why didnt you vote him day one? Hmmmm?

Sgt, an answer to Mr Dooku's argument please?

Yo, smelly hippie, you posted once yesterday, and none at all today. Are you even playing? ##Vote:Shaggy

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
Shaggy has requested replacement. Interested parties please contact me.

If I haven't found a replacement in 24 hours he'll just get the modkill axe. (This will not end the day.)

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2009, 09:01:17 PM »
Bite my shiny metal ass, Sylvester. You arent even real. I mean, Cats died out 700 years ago!
Nectht you'll be tellin' me you're betht friendth with a thyclopth. T_T

Really though, disappearing for the rest of the day is because I was getting ready for the first day in my GCSE school year. After that, OH YEAH!!!!---> I need sleep, and hammer dropped before I awoke. Ooh! Nooo! Scummy bastard!
Good enough, I thuppothe, but I'm not keen on how you've thuddenly chainthawed Dooku in Cothgrove'th name. Vote thtayth for now unleth you give uth thome proper inthight.

Quethtion to the GM: Why ith Shaggy being brought up in termth on inactivity, and not Sherman, who if memory therves hath been away longer thtill?

Want to thee where Bender and Coop put their votes now that Shaggy'th replacin'.

(In other newth, thith lithp getth thorta annoying after tho long. -_-)

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2009, 10:30:57 PM »
A replacement for Shaggy has been found. They will post as soon as they can.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2009, 12:03:21 AM »
Jay Sherman has been prodded for inactivity.

Maya Kumashiro

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2009, 12:40:19 AM »
Like, wow, man, I feel like I've just come off the worst acid trip in my life.  It's like, like...like...like...like all the stuff from the past few days is a dream, man.  Like, a dream dream.  So yeah, now that I'm off that awesome high, I guess I need to settle down and figure out what happened over the last, like, days.  But never fear, if there's a mystery to solve, we're sure to solve it!

But man, do I have the craving for some munchies...

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2009, 02:24:55 AM »
Vote count!

Coop (1): Filburt
Sgt. Cosgrove (1): Count Dooku
Mr. Crocker (1): Jack
Count Dooku (0):
Hank Hill (0):
Jack (0):
Sylvester (0):
Bender (1): Sylvester
Shaggy (2): Coop, Bender
Filburt (0):
Jay Sherman (0):

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have about 22 hours remaining.

Sgt. Cosgrove and Hank Hill have been prodded for inactivity.

Over 9000

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2009, 03:12:04 AM »
Mr. Turtle/Mr. Jack: As I was saying, I wanted to ask why Mr. Dooku/Miss Suzumiya if he/she has any comments on Sherman/Sherman or Hill/Hill about why they haven't looked on them except Mr. Jack/Mr. Jack on the her/her wagon. In RETROSPECTIVE, I should've asked them directly myself as well, like Mr. Turtle did. Although... he still didn't give an answer. Hmph.

Also, Mr. Turtle, aren't you voting on the same reasons as me, asking for questions about something from someone, like Mr. Mecha?

Hopefully we'll have something from Shaggy.
Mr. Cosgrove / Mr. Hill / Mr. Sherman must use some of the FAIRY GODPARENTS POOF powers to appear here.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2009, 03:47:28 AM »
I apologize for my absence, folks. I had a job to do. Which reminds me... Would any of you fellows like to buy some propane and/or propane accessories?

Now, about those darn Eraser fellows.  I, personally, believe Mr. Jack to be quite correct about Mr. Crocker. I also find it rather hard to get anything of substance from Mr. Crocker, as everything he says seems to run circles around itself. Also, his reasoning seems most strange to me. Let's take a quick look at his vote count, shall we? First, he votes Mr. Lightyear because, well, heck. He was a talking toy. Second, he votes for Mr. Dooku over here because he took a different approach to questioning the train on the girl? An approach, might I add, that was far more successful than the turtle's. His final vote lands on the girl, for the sole reason of finding out why she didn't comment on Mr. Sherman. I would also like to point out that, in the very same post, he claims heavy suspicion on the late Mr. Lightyear, and yet never votes for him. This man forgoes any semblance of a case purely for pressure purposes, and then says nothing for the rest of the day.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2009, 03:50:15 AM »
In conclusion...

##Vote Mr. Crock

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »

So we're what, 13 hours away from the deadline and only 7 votes down? 5 if we assume the Shaggy votes don't exist? (if true, resetting Coop and DelBender's contribution today). Nearly 3/4s of the day taking up less than a page even with 7 mod posts? This negative cycle of inaction is getting silly, guys.

I count Sherman as being gone for over 60 consecutive hours of daytime now. Can we get an actual ultimatum on this? That has got to be a record of sorts. Likewise Cosgrove's approaching 40 hours, and that's counting from the "I've got nothing" post.

neoShaggy: I appreciate your presence and accept it may take a bit for you to catch up, but I really want to see something substantial from you by the end of the day. Replacements get it too easy as it is, and we can't even judge you by the actions of your predecessor, so I don't want this to translate into a completely free pass to day 3.

Crocker: I understand the concept of a pressure vote to get answers, but it's possible to just, you know, ask questions, especially when it doesn't look like you thought Suzumiya was particularly scummy at the time. How about today? You still don't have a vote down. It's a shame that there's been much less contribution than would be nice, but given the state of play who actually looks bad to you? Anyone active/semi-active look worse than the lurkers, or is there a particular lurker standing out from the rest?

Hill: Nice to see you over here on Crocker and all, but you were digging at Sylvester the last time we saw you. I take it that opinion has changed, or is it just that Crocker has eclipsed him at the top of your list?

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »
No time for roleplay right now.

Jack's right. This inactivity is ridiculous. We need people to start getting more active (I'm going to attempt that myself) or else this is just going to be a bunch of random guesses. And that's no good.

As for your question, Jack, I looked back at the context of Sylvester's vote record and it made far more sense than it did the first time, which eased my worries. So for now, Sylvester != scum.

Come on people. We need activity. Cosgrove, Coop, Bender, neoShaggy (a little more forgivable than the others, but still), Sherman, Filburt, etc. Let's get in the game.