Register

Author Topic: Animafia - Game Over, Man, Game Over  (Read 28986 times)

Alice Margatroid

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Animafia - Day 3 (Special Spectator Request Inside!)
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »
Well since my lynch seems inevitable:

I am Coop Cooplowski - master of fighting games, drinker of slurpees, and pilot of giant robots.
I am a Vanilla Townie because chicks dig vanilla townies.

I'll stick by my current thoughts though, Shaggy just hasn't been striking me in a good way.  From what I gather he's basically trying to dismiss what the old shaggy said as completely inconsequential to the current game, when I find it to be the opposite.  I understand that since you're someone else you can't explain it, but that doesn't mean that I should completely ignore it because you're different.

Shaggy has basically tried to downplay that part of my argument towards him and make it look like I'm mostly going after him purely for reasons of Lurking, which really isn't the case.

I would definitely recommend going after him day 4 >.>.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2009, 10:32:37 PM »
Coop (3): Shaggy, Jack, Sylvester
Count Dooku (0):
Hank Hill (0):
Jack (0):
Sylvester (0):
Bender (0):
Shaggy (1): Coop
Filburt (0):

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. You have 90 minutes remaining.

My patience with Filburt wears exceedingly thin. If he hasn't posted by the time the day ends he will also be modkilled.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
  • Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2009, 10:41:21 PM »
##VOTE: Sylvester

As promised, the Sith will now adjust to our secondary lynch target. We admit that our conviction is weak, but there is little to work with this game. Sylvester's idle stance at the start of Day 2 did not sit us well, and something about his last comment the end of the previous day makes us feel that he is an Eraser.

If he would wish to explain that comment to us and abate our suspicions, the Sith are willing to banish Coop to oblivion.
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2009, 11:09:16 PM »
Sylvester's idle stance at the start of Day 2 did not sit us well, and something about his last comment the end of the previous day makes us feel that he is an Eraser.
Firthtly, I wanted to thee thome rethpontheth to the Buzz lynch/Haruhi hit before putting a vote down. It altho gave me a chanthe to thee who was thtill active. :/

- I athume you mean thith for the 'latht comment':
Yeah, lookth like I'm not gonna be able to do anythin' about the lynch anyway.
Put thimply, by the time I showed up the lynch wath thet in thtone. Coulda put my vote anywhere, wouldn't change that Crocker got lynched.
Lookin' back it wath awful ambiguouth, tho yeah. >_>

Coop claim changeth nothin'.

Tanaka

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2009, 11:14:29 PM »
EBWOP: To be more precithe on the latht point, it'th hard to hold OldShaggy'th potht againtht him when it wath bathically 'Thorry, I can't potht'. Feel Coop'th blown it out of proporthion.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2009, 11:17:59 PM »
Vote count!

Coop (3): Shaggy, Jack, Sylvester
Count Dooku (0):
Hank Hill (0):
Jack (0):
Sylvester (1): Count Dooku
Bender (0):
Filburt (0):

No vote: Filburt, Hank Hill

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. You have 52 minutes remaining.

My patience with Filburt wears exceedingly thin. If he hasn't posted by the time the day ends he will also be modkilled.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2009, 11:18:59 PM »
##UNVOTE: Sylvester

We of the Sith can agree with a Coop lynch. However, we felt it important to address the issue of our previous accusation, and find it satisfying that you have now attempted to explain.

##VOTE/HAMMER: Coop

Coop, as Darth of the Sith, I hereby condemn you to oblivion. Call upon the power of your Force, if you can- the dark side of the Force shall obliterate you nonetheless.

Perhaps, in the next life, you will be more willing to defend yourself. Your unwillingness to do so is our justification for your demise.
Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke! Kekekeke!

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

Filbert has been modkilled for inactivity!

Joe Buck

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2009, 11:36:03 PM »
mr coop and mr bender were just innocent...transfer students from canada. they were vanilla townies. sorry! ;_;

mr filbert, however, tried to peek in on me getting changed! luckily kyon was there and he saved me by punching mr filbert in the jaw! thank you kyon!!! mr filbert was a scummy roleblocker. not anymore, though! ^_^

Final vote count:

Coop (4): Shaggy, Jack, Sylvester, Count Dooku
Count Dooku (0):
Hank Hill (0):
Jack (0):
Sylvester (0): Count Dooku
Bender (0):
Filburt (0):

No vote: Filburt, Hank Hill

did i do this right, miss suzumiya?

Haruhi Suzumiya

• 17/F/nishinomiya if ur an ALIEN or ESPER or TIME TRAVELER c me!!!
  • Denizen
  • SOS BRIGADE SUPEREME COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: Animafia - Night 3 (Special Spectator Request Inside!)
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2009, 12:09:19 AM »
lolidunno prly.  get back in the bunny suit.  
looooooooooool omg wtf i still have moar posts than liek almost all of the living players even tho i died night 1
wtf is with that
2morrow may be lylo in which case there wont be a deadline but u guys R going 2 play AMIRITE?

ROFL EDITING POAST IN A MAFIAS GAME!!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:13:39 AM by Haruhi Suzumiya »

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Animafia - Night 3 (Special Spectator Request Inside!)
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »
"Where have all our comrades disappeared to? I did not sense their departure."

"Like, maybe they're under those anvils?"

Sure enough, there were anvils strewn around the room that hasn't been there before. Three of them, to be exact. While four of the remaining crowd looked confused, Sylvester looked up.

"Aha! There you are, you little flying morthel!"

Fluttering near the ceiling of the room was Tweety, who held another anvil in his claws.

"Oooh! Puddy tat really stinky! You know what to do when a puddy tat smells too much!"

And with those words, Sylvester's nose disappeared, enraging the feline.

"What on Earth? You're an Erather! Get back here, you little traitor!"

Tweety flew giggling from the room with Sylvester hot on his heels, dodging the last falling anvil along the way.

---

Sylvester (Town Tracker) lotht hith head! (Or at leatht a part of it)

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. YOU ARE IN LYLO. There is no time limit (this promises to end well).

Good luck! (And don't forget to submit player guesses!)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:00:31 PM by K(ilgama)yon »

Smashy

• Random Beep Generator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Animafia - Day 4 LYLO! (Special Spectator Request Inside!)
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2009, 11:55:26 PM »
I'LL HIT HIM NEXT TIME I SWEAR

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
  • GO OSPREYS! Road 2 nationals: state playoff 5/1!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2009, 12:53:45 AM »

What.

No, really, what.

The three remaining from the Crocker train, plus Shaggy?

Well this looks either trivial or hideously convoluted to me. Maybe I'd be less suspicious if not for Sylvester looking like the worst possible NK for scumShaggy, maybe unless he knew he was the tracker or something.

I'm also surprised that neither Bender nor Coop were scum, but at least Filburt was and gives us more to work with. I was, as promised, back on before the deadline yesterday, but the avatar of evil hammered (was that really necessary?) before I could get a post in. The most important thing I had to point out was that with two modkills on the horizon we were in fact probably in some sort of crazy pseudo-LYLO of sorts, as if none of Bender, Filburt and Coop had been scum then odds were the game could have ended that night phase - not that I imagine this would have changed what we did. I'd otherwise intended to flag up one line from Shaggy that rang huge alarm bells, but I guess I'll address that in full in just a bit.

For now, LYLO roll/role call. I'm Samurai Jack, the sword-wielding hero of justice. I'm out of my element here in the future, and can only rely on my wits to survive - AKA vanilla townie trying to attract the NK all game.

I'm not sure when you guys'll actually be around, so in the meantime I'm going to go back and review everything that the three of you, Crocker and Filburt have said over the course of the game, or at least as much as I can find the time for now.

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2009, 01:47:21 AM »
If it's time to claim, then I am Hank Hill. Lover of hard work and honesty, the flag-bearer of propane, and a fan of the Dallas Cowboys! Nobody would dare attack me for fear of hitting one of the nearby propane tanks. (AKA: Bulletproof townie, was hoping to attract Scum's eyes all game)

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2009, 02:45:32 AM »

Trying to keep this as succinct as possible, but sure, expansions wherever. Formatting here is Player A-Player B, where Player A is the player whose posts I'm sifting through at the time, and checking out what they say about Player B and vice versa.

Crocker-Shaggy: I can't read much into this connection, as they mostly didn't overlap. If anything, it's odd that for all of the talk of lurkers in his final post here he didn't have anything to say about Shaggy. Otherwise yeah, just a note on the latter's absence here and there.In the other direction, there's just neoShaggy's one comment in support of the Crocker lynch under two other trains (that have since flipped town).

Crocker-Dooku: I'm not liking what I'm seeing here. Day 1 saw Crocker with an early vote for Dooku for pretty bad rationale, which he then took off incredibly tamely, and then prodded at Dooku again again a little at the start of day 2 without any conviction behind it, which bears all of the trademarks of forced scum-scum drama. On the flip side, Dooku refers to Crocker only in defence of the latters attack on him, and then in the post where he votes for him. I think I'd be all up for marking this down as bussing if not for it making absolutely no sort of sense for Dooku to be bussing him at that point as far as I can see, short of say achieving bafflement and safety now, but I still don't see anything short of Thanatos.

Crocker-Hank: Referred to several times in the context of his argument against Dooku but otherwise ignored until he complains about him being on his train for unoriginal reasons. Not really seeing it clearer than neutral with Crocker's chaotic style. The other way around, Hank didn't mention him at all until the start of day 2, whereupon he voted for him and stuck fast. Again, would have a really tough time seeing the scumminess in that play.

Crocker-Jack: is it impolite/cheeky to do this myself? He used me as part of his anti-Dooku platform and the more general 'people on the initial Miss Suzumiya train' angle in general in day one, then failed to butter me up when I stuck a vote down on him. In his finally post. he oddly OMGUSed both Hank and Crocker for voting for him, but not me. Possibly on grounds of activity? In reverse, I disliked him from mid day 1 (although lol, I must have been falling asleep when I wrote this post - my discussion on Crocker just stopped midway and I don't think anyone pointed that out so I never finished it off then), but consciously stuck with Lightyear over him. This having failed, picked up and ran with the case from first thing day 2.

Crocker-Filburt: Mostly just skimmed this, but in short Crocker agreed with a fair amount that Filburt had to say while Filburt ragged on him a lot. That Filburt disappeared almost immediately after at least myself and Coop pointed out that his vote on Coop over Crocker was blown out of proportion and he should have been forced back onto Crocker should have been more telling, I guess.

Filburt-Shaggy: When Filburt shielded Crocker by voting Coop, he also shielded Shaggy somewhat. Ugh. That's basically the only communication they've had, given that Filburt and neoShaggy didn't overlap at all.

Filburt-Dooku: Crazily, only one reference to Dooku at all from Filburt, and that was part of his ealy argument against Crocker. And, uh, nothing from Dooku about Filburt either, given how single-minded his play has been for most of the game.

Filburt-Hank: Again, nothing from Filburt on Hank other than as part of the translation of Miss Suzumiya. And likewise nothing from Hank back on Filburt other than as part of drumming up activity.

Filburt-Jack: Got rather defensive after I pointed out his cheerleading of the Buzz train, after an earlier petty shot at me (air bag disguised as discussion building?) for my initial Suzumiya vote, although I did still have him placed as slightly town during day 1 other than the cheerleading for being active.

Okay, so this is taking far too long, and is already quite the WoT. Will be back to finish up in a handful of hours. Though my paranoia so far seems to be digging me towards Dooku based on this, my actual level-headed approach is still massively weighted against Shaggy being on some crazy final day gambit, and if it is Shaggy then it's not exactly greatly shocking that there wasn't much communication to glean information from.

Before I go I should address the most recent point from Shaggy that really struck me the wrong way that I mentioned before:

"The four people who voted Crocker are definitely the most townlike to me at this point, though there might be a slim possibility that the scum wanted to avoid all hoping onto a train to save one of their own, and so maybe there's a slim chance one of them was in on it, but that is much to WIFOM to think about at this point.  Of the people who didn't vote Crocker, Sylvester strikes me as the most townlike of those that aren't me.  I don't really fault Bender for his votes since I see the same sort of things in Shaggy, though his general lack of saying anything otherwise is worrisome."

I really don't know exactly what to make of this, but it looks odd to me for some reason.

Unjustified gut feel ahoy. "I don't like you and want to lynch you, but can't find good reasoning for it, so I'll just claim something feels wrong." Oh so very bad.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »

I had been hoping that everyone would have posted by now, but never mind. Here's the second half of my giant re-read, this time covering what you guys have done in the course of the game.

Shaggy: A great big zip for day 1, with just one joke post... right near the end. Absent on day 2 with an excuse until the last three hours when he was relatively safe (behind Crocker, though, so I don't know), latches on to the two people voting for him, cheers Crocker behind that and grants everyone a plain neutral read. Still don't think I can blame him for the OMGUS at that point, admittedly. Oh, and while I previously said there was no connection between Filburt and Shaggy due to their activity never coinciding, they were in fact the two people voting for Coop at the end of day 2. Day 3 continues the Coop attack with a side of Bender, and while that was the main dish of the day, it does now strike me that when I go looking for what he thinks about any of the rest of us I can find absolutely nothing, which I'd call bad play if scum if not for Bender not having been confirmed for modkill by the time of his last post (that's to say, scumShaggy would have expected one of Coop or Shaggy to be around to attack day 4).

Now, the thing is that I don't have anything against his attack on Coop in general - after all, I bought into that case for mostly similar reasons and am still scratching my head over why he did it as town. What I don't like about it is the aggression to the point of tunnel vision, and the Coop flavour text post attack was just plain silly. A completely blank slate on the rest of the live players at this point is horrible.

Later edit: oh, wait, no, he did respond to both Hank and me, but effectively just in self-defence in both cases. In Hank's case rather more aggressively. I find it hard to side with either in that particular spat, as the reasons for Shaggy voting Coop and the reasons for Coop voting Shaggy were both largely in flux all day.

Dooku: Day 1 spent solely on my early vote on Miss Suzumiya, which I've addressed previously (don't think I got an answer for it - I kind of stopped being worried after Crocker flipped scum with Dooku's key vote on the train), with an open ticket to swap to Buzz late on set up if not executed. Day 2 started with a pot shot on a lurker - as several other people attempted - but is then followed by the key vote on Crocker. Looking back at the vote count at the time, I really can't figure the scumDooku angle - it pushed Crocker from frontrunner to clear frontrunner. Would the flak from helping him to bail then have been so bad? If nothing else, simply not posting then would have served his cause far better, especially when it could have led to a three way mess between Crocker, Coop and Shaggy. His day 3 is easily the best out of the three as well, the previously mentioned weird blip aside, covering as it does far more than just the two 'easy' cases at hand.

Hank: Spent most of day 1 following me around (on Haruhi, Buzz, and Filburt), bridging out on to Sylvester before dropping that in day 2. Again, this would be rather worrying if not that this trend continued and he followed me right on to the Crocker train and stuck to it like glue. Activity has otherwise plummeted, although my condolences assuming that you did repeatedly lose a big day 3 post. Would have been worried about his tipping factor for Bender > Coop had the latter flipped scum, but that's moot. So not great overall, especially with the overbearing tendency to follow rather than lead cases, but as much as I bash my head, the initiative on Crocker from relatively early on (so far as votes went, anyway - it was 2 on Shaggy and a whole bunch on 1 vote at the time) just doesn't compute for scumHank - it would have been oh so very easy for him to have backed up a vote on any number of the lurkers instead.

So yes, two big posts later and I arrive at the initially obvious conclusion. The whole thing looks like a bizarre final day gambit from Shaggy to me. As much as I said Sylvester looked like the worst possible NK for scumShaggy, on further thought the same could be said for everyone - with both Shaggy and Sylvester alive odds would have been far more likely that discussion would have framed around them and not garnered extra scrutiny as this Shaggy only position already has.

I'll stay my vote until the roll/role call is complete, just in case there's a major revelation yet to come.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »
Count Dooku of the Sith- aka Darth Sidious. The powers of the Force are futile in the battle against the Erasers. We serve as vanilla town for this game.

We will be reviewing all past actions to determine who should likely be the last Eraser.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »

Avatar of evil: I'm going to be leaving fairly shortly, so if you have any immediately pressing questions for me they'll need to be soon.

Zerg Rush

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2009, 04:24:11 PM »
QUESTION FOR THE MOD: Would it not be potential LYLO, since scum could have hit the bulletproof on a mislynch this night?

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
Technically it is possible for the game to not end today even with a mislynch, so yes, I suppose "potential LYLO" is applicable.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2009, 01:15:06 AM »
Shaggy has been prodded for inactivity. He has 24 hours to post.

Since this question will almost invariably come up, I will state that a townie modkill today will end the day. (Obviously, a scum modkill will end the game.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2009, 01:28:11 AM »
Spectator concern, if I'm not missing something...: If the scum is someone besides Shaggy, then an inactive Shaggy makes this scum unlynchable today, so ending the day with his modkill (as will happen short of a mislynch) means that scum would then win.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2009, 01:37:35 AM »
That is the idea behind ending the day if a townie is modkilled due to inactivity, yes. Hopefully this will encourage participation from all parties.

Of course, there is always the possibility that scenarios eluded to in Post 169 play out, so.

EDIT: Typo fix.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:41:02 AM by K(ilgama)yon »

Bill Hellsnake

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »
Just leaving a note ahead of time. Gonna be busy with school and afterschool events Monday + Tuesday. Will hopefully find time to say at least something. Though, I'm kinda against the day ending if Shaggy gets modkilled. I'd like to request that if Shaggy gets modkilled, and isn't scum, we continue the day. I'd feel incredibly cheated if the town lost simply because of one person's activity.

Also: Events in reply #169 will never happen, provided the scum have any sense whatsoever. Why would they lead a mislynch, and then forgo winning the game to attack the bulletproof? Especially since that kinda gives the bulletproof an edge, as it says "Yeah, he's town." And it draws it into a battle royal between the other two, with the bulletproof being the deciding factor.

Agh. Too much head-hurting for so little sleep. Night.

Chad Hutchins

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2009, 09:39:41 AM »

Jack is around periodically, but can't really do much more yet when no one else has done more than role claim so far today.

It's a little concerning that, assuming scumShaggy, he could now safely claim mostly whatever he wants, but then the role set up is a little surprising.