Register

Author Topic: Season 54, Week 2 - Daily quote: "What in the flying fuck is a Jibril anyway?"  (Read 4253 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Season 54, Week 2 - Daily quote: "What in the flying fuck is a Jibril anyway
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2009, 07:12:04 PM »
He should only be average, since that is in fact the average with no Thief Hat or Excalibur on the dot (just calculated it). Of course, yeah, temp scaling issues lead to variation here, etc.

Super: Wait, that doesn't make sense... *checks* Oh. It's the effect of Level 20 Myrrh. So guess it depends on if you agree with that.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Season 54, Week 2 - Daily quote: "What in the flying fuck is a Jibril anyway
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »
Dhyer: I'm not seeing how Killer OHKOs, offhand. I can't ever recall him using a combo in which one of his Prone attacks comes first (SH bosses do have set combo restrictions, remember). Even if he did, I don't think it matters. Ryu has beastly defence, and Killer's best damage is physical in these circumstances (Vice Blade for the opener, since Malice Dirge is explicitly end-combo only, then Physical or Instant Death). His best Vice Blade->magic is 460 damage, assuming Prone for the magic, which OK lists as average HP for that fight, so even if you see that as a bit high, Ryu should still survive

If Killer can't use Vice Blade in a combo first, that's a different story (stat topic only notes the one restriction, so not sure). Ryu has to drop some defense to avoid the Silence (Just the accessory is going for ID stuff and Silence prevented him from going into Dragon form, I think?), so Vice Blade to ID combo should still be solid enough, I'd think. Although....hmmm, right even if Protectors reduce Prone, that leads to the combo of attempted Prone move to Silence.
...into the nightfall.

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Bad weak for me in voting. Need to catch up on ranked games. Mana Khemia 2 is addictive

Zio (PS4) vs Kefka Palazzo (FF6)- Kefka

Heavy

Geno (SMRPG) vs Demi (PS4)- Geno. Allow Geno whirl to work on Demi

Middle

Adell (Disgaea 2) vs Jennifer (Disgaea)- Adell is borderline heavy, Jennifer is borderline light
Mizuki (S4) vs Amarant Coral (FF9)
Jibril (SO2) vs Tio (G2)

Light

Karn (BoF1) vs Edward Damcyan (FF4)- Edward is lucky I allow his remake form. also, is that the "original" non censored Karn picture used for this match?
Seth (FE8) vs Serph (DDS)- I havent played much DDS, but I've seen Serph! Super's arguement works for me.
Mogu (BoF1) vs Shiba (S3)- Shiba has durability at least (294 def to a 251 average, plus above average HP). Mogu has neighter damage nor durability.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 11:03:41 PM by alanna82 »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Nah, the picture on the site is Karn in drag.  Super's personal fetish.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Super: Wait, that doesn't make sense... *checks* Oh. It's the effect of Level 20 Myrrh. So guess it depends on if you agree with that.

The difference is 14.36 and 14.28 for average Res between L20 Myrrh and your own numbers. It makes no difference in Seth's durability that would matter.  It is 79% Mdur either way.

Ryu (BoF3) vs Killer (SH3): I think he goes first. Worst comes to worst Feather Sword and some weaker armor.
Kartikeya (WA5) vs Tidus (FFX): I guess Tidus could have some argument but I kinda doubt it.
Ramirez (SoA) vs Raquel Applegate (WA4): Heals enough? I don't know if that will work though to be honest.
Zio (PS4) vs Kefka Palazzo (FF6): Good enough on damage to bridge the durability difference.

Heavy

Geno (SMRPG) vs Demi (PS4): Whirl doesn't seem like your everyday variety of magic ID.
Luc (Suikos) vs Naoto Shirogane (P4): Neither game uses Mdef as status res that I know of.
Bowie (ShF2) vs Delita Hyral (FFT): Flat out outstats. Temp scaling makes Delita happy (except when he wants the blockers).
Hiro (Lunar:EBC) vs Bosch (BoF5): Massive damage vs. BoF5 boss. I remember this!

Middle

Adell (Disgaea 2) vs Jennifer (Disgaea): Just outstats.
Mizuki (S4) vs Amarant Coral (FF9): I don't think he can deal with the speedy 2HKO.
Jibril (SO2) vs Tio (G2): This fills me with RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Yukiko Amagi (P4) vs Halley Branckett (SH1): Not sure. Caught between Monkey and Snow.

Light

Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (WA2) vs Hervey (S4): Insert joke about PURE IDEALS.
Karn (BoF1) vs Edward Damcyan (FF4): Not Edward.
Seth (FE8) vs Serph (DDS): Serph's magic damage is at least good enough for this.
Mogu (BoF1) vs Shiba (S3): Not Mogu.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 05:45:29 AM by Pyro »

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
The difference is 14.36 and 14.28 for average Res between L20 Myrrh and your own numbers. It makes no difference in Seth's durability that would matter.  It is 79% Mdur either way.

You're right. In which case, I'm scratching my head as to how the Res average is only 0.2 different between the two topics. The 20/15 one may just not factor in Myrrh at all.

Maybe.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Godlike

Ryu (BoF3) vs Killer (SH3) - Kneejerk.
Kartikeya (WA5) vs Tidus (FFX) - Tidus is fast, but not fast enough to kill before Katri smashes his face in.
Zio (PS4) vs Kefka Palazzo (FF6)

Heavy

Luc (Suikos) vs Naoto Shirogane (P4)- Boss

Middle

Adell (Disgaea 2) vs Jennifer (Disgaea) - Outdamages by a lot. Reasonably accurate.
Mizuki (S4) vs Amarant Coral (FF9)
Jibril (SO2) vs Tio (G2)
Yukiko Amagi (P4) vs Halley Branckett (SH1)- Same argument as everyone. SP disrespect. She stalls to victory.

Light

Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (WA2) vs Hervey (S4)- Kneejerk ST form respect. Hit hard, decent parry/evade. I used him a lot. Probably alone in this.
Karn (BoF1) vs Edward Damcyan (FF4)
Mogu (BoF1) vs Shiba (S3)- I played enough of BoF (and FF4) to know how these end up.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Adell (Disgaea 2) vs Jennifer (Disgaea) - Outdamages by a lot. Reasonably accurate.

Adell's only accurate against the D2 enemies where everyone is having a 100% hitrate. Against an actual evasive enemy, he's going to come out pretty bad! (Granted, don't think Jennifer has enough evasion anyways to overcome Adell's fairly large HP and damage advantage).
...into the nightfall.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
If I saw it as 100%, I wouldn't have said reasonably, or even brought it up. Reasonably implies "just good enough" in this case.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
You're right. In which case, I'm scratching my head as to how the Res average is only 0.2 different between the two topics. The 20/15 one may just not factor in Myrrh at all.

It is likely the difference between average stats (i.e. with caps kind of factored in) and just growths*level + base, which is what FE8's original topic did. I went with average stats in the 20/12 topic because that is what was done for the FE7, FE9, and FE10 topics.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Ah, good point. A few FE8 characters are near their Res caps (almost all the mages) so that might well do it.

Maybe.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile

Adell's only accurate against the D2 enemies where everyone is having a 100% hitrate. Against an actual evasive enemy, he's going to come out pretty bad! (Granted, don't think Jennifer has enough evasion anyways to overcome Adell's fairly large HP and damage advantage).

The evasion spread in Dis1 is fairly small, especially considering that it was before fists checked ATK+SPD/2.  Jennifer's evade, if it's notable at all, is marginal, and while her techs have a large to-hit bonus that gets around Adell's evade, her best does damage that is just below average for the cast (and if I remember right, would place her in perfect position for Adell to get a back attack).  Adell should end up plastering her with Vulcan Blaze pretty easily.

[EDIT] Not that it matters either way.  Adell gets some sort of 2HKO out of Vulcan Blaze by comparison.  To widen the gap further, Adell's got roughly 1.3x PCHP to Jennifer's...just-below-average value.   Adell is just plain better here, really, and it's a 4HKO versus a 2HKO.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 01:48:55 PM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
I'm not arguing against Adell's win, but just noting that Adell deals with evasion pretty badly. Against in game enemies that evade 3.5% more than average, his accuracy is already at 85%. Granted, at the levels I use, Jennifer's evasion is a piddly thing (And if you levels higher for both, it should still smooth out somewhat), so it doesn't matter too much.
...into the nightfall.

Sei

• Denizen
  • Hooray!
    • View Profile
Godlike
Kartikeya (WA5) vs Tidus (FFX) - Doesn't even need Lock-On! Two Sky Twisters are enough to smash Tidus.
Ramirez (SoA) vs Raquel Applegate (WA4) - Ramirez is strong enough to 3HKO, but Dragon Edges should stall long enough for the fatal Intrude.

Middle
Mizuki (S4) vs Amarant Coral (FF9) - They 3HKO each other. Mizuki's faster.
Jibril (SO2) vs Tio (G2) - Devour. Thunderstorm if Tio attempts the buff stacking route.

Light
Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus (WA2) vs Hervey (S4) - Sad as Vinny's damage is, Hervey manages to be worse. Vinny having good durability is just icing on the cake.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Heavy

Geno (SMRPG) vs Demi (PS4) - Still unsure on this one...

Middle

Adell (Disgaea 2) vs Jennifer (Disgaea) - It's already been gone over.  Adell very decisively makes Jennifer go splat.
Yukiko Amagi (P4) vs Halley Branckett (SH1) -- Yeah.  If Halley wants status, he's going to get heal locked by Agidyne while failing to heal-lock himself.

Light

Karn (BoF1) vs Edward Damcyan (FF4) - Until confirmed that harps reapply status or don't undo charm/sleep, no.
Seth (FE8) vs Serph (DDS) - Not a Jeigan.
Mogu (BoF1) vs Shiba (S3) - Not a stupid mole person.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.