Register

Author Topic: The return of Nyarlathotep's Dungeon!  (Read 10297 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: The return of Nyarlathotep's Dungeon!
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2008, 02:46:46 AM »
I think I'd prefer Cristo to Angelo, fills a better niche (Defensive fighting). Also sexier and more easily defended, avoiding the headache of DQ8 skillsets.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2008, 12:13:09 AM »
Here are a few guidelines for people to assist them in any confusion! These are, of course, just examples of when I'd say people get things, if you'd allow someone something else earlier or later, that's a-okay. Athos is a bit of a special case, in that until Floor 4, he is limited to what I've listed, but after that you're a bit more free to give him what you'd feel he can have. Obviously, if you don't let Athos use Nosferatu, you wouldn't have to let him have it in the Dungeon.

Athos -- Floor 1: Eclipse, Heal Staff | Floor 2: Bolting | Floor 3: Purge, Restore Staff | Floor 4: First Rank Anima Books, Mend Staff | Floor 5: Sleep Staff | Floor 6: Second Rank Anima, Dark and Light Books | Floor 7: Aureolia and Forblaze

Benjamin -- Floor 1: Cure | Floor 2: Bombs (MT Damage), Fire, Quake (MT Magic) | Floor 3: Heal (Status Healing), Halves Water, Immune POIZN, Silence | Floor 4: Jumbo Bombs, Halves Fire, Charm Claw (Poison / Paralyze / Sleep / Blind / Confusion), Thunder, Life, White | Floor 5: Immunes Paralyze, Meteor (MT Wizard spell) | Floor 6: Mega Grenade, Halve Wind, Immune Sleep, Blind, Confusion, Flare, DRAGON CLAW | Floor 7: Immune Stone

Note: Ben can MT most of his spells for a damage penalty, the ones I listed are just automatically MT'ed, if I'm not mistaken.

Nate -- Floor 1 (Pixie: SP 6| Strong: Earth, Weak: Wind Dia (35% healing), Garu (20% Wind), Zio (20% Lightning) Maha Garu (Group Wind), Megido (25% Non Elemental)
   Floor 2 (Genjo: 10 SP | Voids Mind/Nerve (Zan (20% Nonelemental) Media (40% Healing, MT), Holy Light (40% Light damage, MT)
   Floor 3 (Aizen Myouou 14 SP: Voids Earth/Holy/Darkness (Hama (35% Holy ID), Suku and Maka Kaja (Speed and Magic doubling buffs), Holy Light, Maha Magnus (40% MT Earth))
   Floor 5 (Shaka, 18 SP: Strong against all (Holy Light, Recarm (revival), Mafui (25% Silence), Hypnotic Wave    (MT Sleep, 45%), Nirvana (50% Holy), Vile Thunderbolt (50% Lightning), Refresh Ring (Status healing)

SoM Casters: 4 Second is 1 Average Turn, spells take 2 seconds to cast.

SD3 Characters: Formchange 1 at Floor 3, Formchange 2 at Floor 6. Spellcasting depends on the spells themselves, 2 seconds is average I think?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:38:21 AM by Nephrite »

Taishyr

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2008, 03:08:05 AM »
Okay... Hm. Something in me balks at seeing Shaka floor 5 with nothing following, but... with Aizen and Shaka, he's fairly formidable, so I suppose that works. He just doesn't have anything greatly overwhelming. Mmm. I take it Alfred would be his at floor 8?

...and looking at it, his options other than Shaka/Aizen from Hierophant are bad, aren't they.

Mrf. The only other thing I see that might be feasible is giving him Hurakan floor 7 and maybe Alfred 8 or 9, but I dunno. That's the sort of thing you'd need for Nate, though, yeah.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2008, 04:29:57 AM »
Oh, I had other Personas to give him and this is by no means set in stone--they were just guidelines, as I said.