Author Topic: Good Xorning, 2008!  (Read 147838 times)

Strago

• Denizen
  • Scarfregist
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning, 2008!
« Reply #425 on: March 16, 2008, 12:41:39 AM »
Sounds pretty good to me. *whips Super*

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 16, 2008, 02:54:40 AM »
I don't like writing papers. Sue me.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 16, 2008, 05:27:55 AM »
A 200 page paper comparing and contrasting the religious elements and symbology of XS3 with those of The Da Vinci code would be more interesting
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #428 on: March 16, 2008, 05:53:35 AM »
There's parts that contrast?
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 16, 2008, 07:09:37 AM »

Well, now that Super has relinquished his "King Bonehead" crown I see we have an heir to the throne! I believe the word you were looking for is "symbolism." What is the ssss-himbolism.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2008, 04:04:13 AM »
Wooo, districts in the Gamestop SSBB tourney.

With random characters.

With me getting YOSHI. Who I can't play.

And it still took sudden death for a Lucas to kill me - I overestimated Yoshi's roll distance and ate stick. So, first round loss. However, it has ignited an inner fire that tells me to play more SSBB and enter some tournaments, because it was really fun despite the suckiness! ONWARD!!!
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 17, 2008, 07:15:42 AM »
So my parents are both epic and totally stupid.

Yesterday, I worked out with my mom that we'd head out in the morning to some new game trading outlet that opened up that's holding a competition for getting a Wii if you trade/buy used games.

This morning, she left at around 10:00 AM to go pick up my sister and her friend[said friend lives with our family until her mom can buy a house].

Que two hours later, I call my mom, leave a cell phone message expressing my concern for her being out for so long and that I wanted to go to this outlet that was out of walking distance. She calls back and SCREAMS AT ME FOR 10 FUCKING MINUTES SAYING STUFF LIKE "OH YOU'RE 18 YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE AND CAN DO IT YOUR FUCKING SELF".

Um, what? I don't have a car. I don't have a driver's liscence. I don't have a lot of friends. All I have is a dinky slip of paper[that will soon be a dinky laminated card] saying I'm 18 and voting rights. How can I walk up to a game trading outlet that is not only too far away on walking distance, but also on a road with no sidewalks and lots of trees and cliffs on either side of the road?

But that's just the beginning, hooo boy.

So I was amazingly mad, but I was not the most upset. Our guest, the mother of my sister's friend living with us for now, is the most pissed and has every right to be. See, her daughter was supposed to go to a birthday party at 2:30. The house she was visiting with my sister at the time is about 30 minutes away from my house.

The house where the party took place was an additional 40 minutes away from our house in the opposite direction. See where I'm headed? My parents never took her home in time for it.

So I was really mad at my parents like I said. So I decided to take a trip outside of my life and go over to a friends house. Not only that, his mother[whom picked me up] was willing to take me to the rental outlet I was going to go to earlier. My friend even saw an old friend of his he hadn't seen in monthes out of it.

At least that trip went well.  Backed up all of the hard copies of PS2 games I had, then traded them off plus every SNES and N64 game/console/peripheral I had for $187 dollars. I proceeded to buy Capcom Classics Collection PSP, VP1 PSP, Wipeout Pulse, .hack GU 1 and 2, and MS Saga[it was $15 what] out of that, and I still have plenty of store credit left. I was happy.

Went to friends house. Played Brawl for hours. Also happy.

Came home. And found out something INTERESTING.

My parents NEVER CAME HOME.

It's 11:15. THEY ARE STILL NOT HOME.

AOPFJETJEWKJTWQOI$JTOI$JT)($@#TU)($TU_#_@!_)I#_I$TRFE
PORG{WPGW

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #433 on: March 27, 2008, 12:41:13 AM »
Is anyone else going to Wrestlemania on Sunday, by any chance?  If so, we ought to meet up and rub elbows and whatnot.  Come on, I know I'm not the only wrasslin' fan here.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 27, 2008, 01:18:31 AM »
I'm expecting a Wipeout tournament at DLcon then, Xer.

Now that at least one other DLer has Wipeout Pulse... PSP people, get Wipeout Pulse.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 27, 2008, 01:31:38 AM »
Since I KNOW you read this topic you filthy actor: Go vote in the DL and NR Strago. *Cracks whip* It's been months since I've abused you into voting.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

mia~

• miasmacloud
  • Denizen
  • bored rich kid wants to blow shit up
    • View Profile
    • http://srsfkn.biz
« Reply #436 on: March 28, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »
YAY I'M EMO.

The first two years of college, I worked towards Eng Lit major. Now, I'm sitting here near the end of my 6th semester, and I've decided that I don't want to be an Eng major anymore and that I'd rather go into Korean and Japanese and Asian Studies. The only "good" thing here is that Eng Lit and Asian Studies are both under the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences so my general studies fulfillments aren't going to waste. YAY. ~_~ I have the money available to continue going to college past the 4th year, but I just feel really "SOWHATHAVEIBEENDOINGFORTHREEYEARS" ish right now. D:

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 28, 2008, 12:53:57 AM »
Long as you're working towards something it'll be fine. It's when you get out of college and don't know what to do is when you're just fucked hard.
-------------------

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 28, 2008, 08:36:20 AM »
Yep, pretty much.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 28, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »
Long as you're working towards something it'll be fine. It's when you get out of college and don't know what to do is when you're just fucked hard.

Yeah, who does that anyway?

Speaking of which, after graduating 10 months ago and not knowing what to do since then, I finally got a job outside of playing cards.  So yay or something.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »
Chalk up another victim of Psychology then.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 28, 2008, 08:14:53 PM »

It was more that I didn't apply for anything for 8 months because I had a complete lack of motivation to do anything in life other than sit on my ass, play cards, read, and play video games.  Turns out that actually can get old after a while.

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 28, 2008, 08:58:14 PM »
I have the money available to continue going to college past the 4th year, but I just feel really "SOWHATHAVEIBEENDOINGFORTHREEYEARS" ish right now. D:

The secret is when you get bored of something, just start something new while finishing the old. Bored of Japanese? Start Chinese as a third language while you finish off the Japanese courses! Bored of English, add a second (or third) major!

Just make sure you actually do get your graduation requirements completed in a timely manner...>.>

Psychology is a good springboard into an advanced degree that will actually land you a nice job. Now if you sit around with just a BA in Psychology hoping for awesome job opportunities...good luck.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 28, 2008, 11:05:24 PM »
So, you guys were totally going to get a rant about how my health insurance still hadn't been reinstated (just got back from paying $150 for meds).

However! On a seemingly unrelated note: random envelope sitting in the foyer of my apartment building this morning. This is not unusual; people leave stuff by the mailbox when it's addressed to a former tenant of the apartment or something. I glance at this one in passing--it's mine (personally, when I get something that's addressed to someone else, I drop it off at the rental office). It's from...KMH? What the hell is that? Eh, I'll look at it when I get home.

I look at it when I get home. It's my new insurance card (my company just switched providers). At least I can get a refund if I bring this and the receipt back to the pharmacy.

So instead I'm pissed about this not showing up in my mailbox and instead being left out in the open for anyone to grab. But this offers considerably less opportunity for ranting since, in this case at least, it doesn't wind up costing me money. Also, music was delivered, which sorta makes up for things...sorta.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 29, 2008, 01:35:49 AM »
I don't think anyone expects to come out of Psych with an awesome job just waiting for you, you do need another skillset to back it up (Thankfully I do have an IT capable brain).  It is more a case of Psych burned me out a lot while I was actually doing it (I like it tons more now that I have had time off from the field and had a chance to consolidate concepts) so when you get that happen you don't really want to progress more with it and the jobs in the field that a Bachellor level Psych degree are notorious for their level of burnout (Counselling is ..... just yeah).

So while it is a cool field to study and learn things in ... it is not shocking that it has the reputation it does for getting people jobs >_>

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 29, 2008, 01:42:09 AM »
This message has been deleted for the following reason:  Too much emo whiny bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 06:01:44 PM by Zenthor »

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 29, 2008, 02:37:58 AM »
Basically I think what Zenny is saying is that English degrees are like eating white bread.

Except you get more money for eating it.

Personally, I couldn't give a damn less what I go to school for.  I can't imagine any subject interesting me enough to focus on it, although I could be wrong. I'll just get what I'm interested in in passing, then do the rest for the money of having a degree.

Speaking of which, I really need to get off my ass on that, now that I'm feeling a lot better.  (Well, maybe in a bit. I don't feel that much better yet.)

I've had some...interesting thoughts on my mastoiditis(skull infection behind the ears in an air-filled part of the skull bone, for those not paying attention at home. Think sinus infection but harder to get rid of and with a tendancy to build up pressure and hurt nearby things if it builds up too much, as far as I can tell, not that it's done any of that to me really. I still have it, in the chronic form, but keep reading.). Namely that I've had it for ages and it went chronic at some point where I didn't notice it.

It does add up from what I know. Chronic mastoiditis has few direct symptoms, my problems with my health have always primarily been what I would call "sinus problems", and my last ear infection that I recall was like six years ago. Which, incidentally, is about when I started feeling sickly in general.

And I've never had good, easily noticed symptoms even when it goes acute-I just feel like hell is all.

Oh, and it seems like the bone behind my ear has always been somewhat swollen as long as I've been checking it, since now it's going down. Yes, the bone is flattening out somewhat. Creepy ain't it.

This is an improvement, though! You can actually deal with this. If it was allergies I was going to have to put up with it forever. This is better, especially since it's healing. Go hour-long hot showers twice a day.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 02:41:23 AM by SageAcrin »
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 29, 2008, 02:40:27 AM »
Alternately you could take a hard science course immediately after graduating and laugh on your pedastal as the puny soft majors clean your toilet made of gold and chlorinate your Olympic size swimming pool.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 29, 2008, 05:33:15 AM »
Alternately you could take a hard science course immediately after graduating and laugh on your pedastal as the puny soft majors clean your toilet made of gold and chlorinate your Olympic size swimming pool.

I see Trips respects the hype surrounding hard science majors as much as I do!

Seriously, hard science majors are not more difficult (they're easier in fact, its just strict rote memorization with little critical thinking involved, and require absolutely no ability to write decently) nor do the prospective jobs pay more (hello business ownership & business management, consulting & finance/accounting firms, law firms, and other "soft" professional jobs...the only exception might be getting an MD) than soft majors.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #449 on: March 29, 2008, 06:10:07 AM »
My experience is that what people consider hard is your maths stuffs, and engineering and accounting do pay well, but that's because most people shit themselves at the sight of a number.  Well, and because accounting is by all counts horrible soul sucking death work that should be declared a war crime.

'course, I'm weird and figure caring that much about what you do for a living isn't worth it.  All jobs ultimately suck in some capacity, so you shouldn't make it a huge defining focus of your life, I figure.  Then again, I am rather bumlike.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.