Register

Author Topic: Good Xorning, 2008!  (Read 147952 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Good Morning, 2008!
« Reply #900 on: July 26, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »

I should've known better. <_<
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Mad Fnorder

• Denizen
  • Hee-ho- Hiiii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 26, 2008, 08:12:30 PM »
Super needs to never go anywhere. This only leads to suffering, like some gigantic karmic cactus placed unfortunately.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
Mystery of the Good Morning Topic!
« Reply #902 on: July 27, 2008, 01:00:18 AM »

I should've known better. <_<

No, not like that. I figure that something like that would be in line for his luck at travelling is all. See Fnorder above.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 27, 2008, 09:08:01 AM »
Super needs to never go anywhere. This only leads to suffering, like some gigantic karmic cactus placed unfortunately.

I swear I'm not normally THAT pathetic.  I have literally seen just about everything that can go wrong (Besides for gettin on the second Sanfran flight) go wrong at the con, so yeah.

My arms hurt. My shoulders hurt. My back hurts. My feet hurt from running on bare stone after finishin recording Shale and OK's adventures into vampire LARPing. I'm not getting any sleep, my stomach hurts, I have a shitload of laundry to do, and I am gone!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:11:20 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 27, 2008, 09:11:30 AM »
Normally he is worse and ten times as emo.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 27, 2008, 12:08:19 PM »
As an aside, I'm designating "karmic cactus"as this month's awesomest expression.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 27, 2008, 12:36:49 PM »
Coffee sucks.  I stop drinking it for a few days, and then my sleep schedule gets all funky.  Hooray for passing out at 9 and waking up at 2AM.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 27, 2008, 10:00:17 PM »
I got sick on top of it! Go me.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 27, 2008, 11:43:57 PM »
Hahahahaha.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 28, 2008, 01:06:57 AM »
I got sick on top of it! Go me.

Are you sure you weren't Hitler in your last life or something? The karmic backlash is getting way outta hand.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 28, 2008, 03:17:40 AM »
This is just what he gets for swinging around the Evil Overlord whip without actually, y'know, being an overlord of anything.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 28, 2008, 05:24:44 AM »
At least you weren't stuck in Denver International Airport during a major blizzard a year and a half ago.

Our plane got stuck in a snowdrift that piled up while the airplane was grounded at the terminal. Said snowdrift accumulated in the span it took for the plane to de-board, be cleaned, and be boarded...i.e. about 45 minutes.

Nevermind that the rest of the Airport closed for 48 hours trapping tens of thousands of people it in (40,000 IIRC). Fun times.

Man, I was so close to being one of them, too.  I was heading home and they closed the airport right before my flight, which had a Denver connection, started boarding.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 28, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »
CT can't read the previous page. Did something else go wrong after the sea adventure? Apart from getting sick, aches and pains, lack of sleep and laundry?

What's with the Potter avatar? >.> That's the scariest thing I've seen in a while.

Dune is right. Just what *did* you do? Apart from wielding that whip like there's no tomorrow.

Karmic cactus.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:51:32 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 28, 2008, 05:02:22 PM »
He mailed his phone and it is being mailed back.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 29, 2008, 06:27:29 AM »
Going to Rockstar Mayhemfest on Saturday in the land of OK. Mostly going for Airbourne, Dragonforce, and Disturbed; other bands are mostly accessory to them. Going with aunt, uncle, and my best friend. Probably going to meet a few other friends from high school there. Should be good, horribly overpriced fun, especially since it's my birthday present over a month early.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 29, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »
Neato.  Post-Gazette Pavilion is a nice place.  I'd offer to meet you, but this weekend is me working 16 hour days on both Saturday and Sunday ;_;
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 29, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »
CT can't read the previous page. Did something else go wrong after the sea adventure? Apart from getting sick, aches and pains, lack of sleep and laundry?

What's with the Potter avatar? >.> That's the scariest thing I've seen in a while.

Dune is right. Just what *did* you do? Apart from wielding that whip like there's no tomorrow.

Karmic cactus.

Super short version:

Left wednesday morning to go to the airport, got delayed an hour and a half, left, went to Newark, waited, waited six hours on the plane, flight got cancelled, waited in a mile long line/talked on phone for two hours to get another flight, the last 45 minutes being WASTED because I got the flight booked and the lady didn't tell me and just hung up/dropped my call in the back of the queue, took a taxi to Fnorder's, got there at 3am hung out and talked till 5am, got up at 11am, showered, packed, left, tried to catch bus, got flipped off,  called Fnorder, realized I couldn't read signs/follow directions since I was supposed to take the train, said I was fine (Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaa), lost my phone, swore up a storm, spent an hour looking for it, gave up, went to the train station, went to Newark, found out that my completely booked flight was cancelled thus making every single other flight to sanfran 100% overbooked, got a nearly useless standby ticket for one flight, waited in a 2000~ person security checkpoint to get my bags checked, sat in airport that had shitty AC, paniced, unpacked my stuff i the fulite hope my phone was there, lost my standby ticket (Goddamnit!), repacked, called Ciato who called Fnorder/my family, went to help agent, got another set of standby tickets/a promise about looking into it/shitty meal voucher,  got shitty smoothie, walked to the opposite end of the C terminal, sat down for literally 30 seconds, got paged, walked all the way back, find out that the lady HAD managed to find a seat for me, cheered, went over to tremendously shitty taco place, forced self to eat (Only ate a bowl of cereal all day) but was happy, tried to board plane, rejected, turns out plane was booked solid and my ticket was no good thanks to shitty overbooking, only one spot available, I pretend to have a breakdown to get that spot, get on plane, get to con, wait an hour at the airport, have to call poor Ciato twice to call Jenna to get me, go to Gate's place, stay up way too late talking to Gate and Tai, get almost no sleep, go over to the beachhouse, hang out, go to see the beach, try to look stylish and enjoy the ocean by dabbling my feet in, misjudge waves  and try to run backwards to avoid getting my top half of my legs soaked, fall, land on my ass, get my wallet/jacket (Elfboy saved my jacket with a helluva sprint into the water to get it back)/clothes, jeans gain 100 pounds in sand/water it feels like,  walk a mile or so on the beach (Forgot a belt, fail), climb a steep incline, get up it with Gref's help, get hosed off, borrow Gref's clothes, wash clothes, play games all day, meet with everyone, chat, gossip, eat, go pick up Ciato with Elfboy and Jenna in wet shoes, try to pass out, fail, end up gossiping with Gate/Tai,  go to bed, get up, enjoy saturday, am fine till sunday.

*BREAK*

Sunday I got sick from all the junk food I was eating, hung out, waved everyone out the door, talked with OK a ton on sat/sunday, talked with everyone but Cmdr in fact (Fail on my part, was sick sunday evening), didn't eat much, spent sunday night throwing up and unable to hold down anything, say goodbye to most of the group, sleep almost none, get up at 4am, die horribly, get up for good at 7am, see Elfboy/Ciato out the door, spend monday relaxing and not eating/drinking much, go to airport, things go okay, flight is short (4.6 hours), Meeple plays FFDS, I pass out for over half the flight, including an hour in the bathroom (Gooo me), the power of Meeple laughs at puny Aiel luck, flight gets there 20 minutes early,  don't get to say goodbye to Meeple at the airport thanks to having to go puke in the bathroom, wait over an hour to go, read Newark newspaper (Goddamn do New Jersey politics suck rancid acid) fly a propeller plane back home, limp home.
-------------------

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 29, 2008, 05:41:56 PM »
Neato.  Post-Gazette Pavilion is a nice place.  I'd offer to meet you, but this weekend is me working 16 hour days on both Saturday and Sunday ;_;
Ouch >_< They better be paying you well for that.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #918 on: July 29, 2008, 07:06:26 PM »
OK gets paid?
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 29, 2008, 07:23:23 PM »
Better than OK getting laid?

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 30, 2008, 01:26:30 AM »
First day of the bar exam completed.

Pretty sure I nailed 6 of 9 essay questions, did decent on another, did poor/bombed the other two (as did everyone else though, Commercial Paper law FUCKING FAILS. OMG CHECKS ARE SO SEXY TO STUDY).

Other part of the exam was taking two 90 minute performance tests, where you have to read 4-5 fact based documents, read a couple of cases and statutes, then write some type of legal memorandum based on the law and facts presented. Fucking things were a nightmare, 90 minutes is not near enough time to write a decent memo. The good news is that everyone is killed by the time restraint, so I probably did average or better on those overall.

Hopefully my projections are right, 'cause if they are, I should pass with little problem.

Now time to rest in preparation for tomorrow's six hour multiple choice exam.

Pyro

« Reply #921 on: July 30, 2008, 05:18:27 AM »
Good luck on the exam, ID.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 30, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »
Good luck on the exam, ID.

By the way, what type of law are you planning on going into, anyway?

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 30, 2008, 09:54:29 AM »
*CT seriously considers taking out life insurance/survival course*

Uh huh.

Oh well at least there was lots of Fnorder and Ciato in there which is awesme. Go, go Elfboy for saving the jacket too and ahaha typical Meeple.

Junk food obviously doesn't agree with you aiel!

Good luck ID.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 30, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »
Crush that exam ID.
-------------------