imageRegister

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 12  (Read 4739 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 12
« on: September 22, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »

"Grr... Very well. Keep going."

Team Taishyr Vs. Floor 5
Team Tal and Piggy vs. Floor 2

(Note, Taishyr is on hiatus for a week or two. He'll be back soon!)

Team Talaysen and Piggyman's Matches

Floor 3b: Multiples (Before Midgame)

So you want to try multiple foes? Let's see how you like this, then!

*All ST is MT for this floor. ALL of it.

Battle FF1 White Wizard, FF1 Knight, FF1 Ninja and FF1 Red Wiz

Knight: Let us go, fellow warriors!
White Wiz: Yes, we shall not allow your passage here!

Battle #12: Yosuke and Tengaar

Yosuke: GO, SUSANOO!!!
Tengaar: HIX!! ...Oh you're not here...

Battle #13: Dhoulmagus and Bowser

Dhoulmagus: What a pity... you must face me again.
Bowser: Let's go, Mario!!

Battle #14: Nina4, Jessica Philomele, Yulie and Porom

*The team has been fully healed!

Nina: I'm afraid I can't let you through here.
Jess: Er... um... ...I think it'll be okay?
Porom: I will defeat you all!

Boss Battle #3: Kanji, Ramza, Tidus and Crono

Kanji: Crush 'em, Rokuten-Maoh!!
Ramza: Of course, Alma!!
Tidus: Heh heh! Let's go!

Team Yoshiken's Matches

Floor 1: A Re-introduction (The Beginning)

"Ho ho ho ho! You've decided to return! Let us see what you can accomplish."

Battle #1: Palmer and Mist Dragon

Palmer: Muahaha! I am Science!!
Mist Dragon: Turn back!

Battle #2: Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight

Knight: You shall not pass here!

Battle #3: Marle, Alice and FFT Priest

Marle: Yeah! Let's go!
Alice: Yuri...

Battle #4: Lich

Lich: I will... devour you...

Boss Battle #1: Change Relic

*The team has been fully healed!

"Welcome to Monado Mandala! Here, you shall die!"

---------------------------------------------

Team Talaysen | Raquel, Jude, Arnaud, Yulie
[Synergy Bonus: This team fully heals after every battle. However, if a character dies they suffer a Max HP penalty until a full heal]
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Talaysen vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard
Team Talaysen vs. Yosuke and Tengaar
Team Talaysen vs. Dhoulmagus2 and Bowser
*Full Heal
Team Talaysen vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele, Yulie and Porom
Team Talaysen vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono

Team Piggyman | Orlandu, FF5 Chemist, Cray (Speed?), Garnet, Adray
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Piggyman vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard
Team Piggyman vs. Yosuke and Tengaar
Team Piggyman vs. Dhoulmagus2 and Bowser
*Full Heal
Team Piggyman vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele, Yulie and Porom
Team Piggyman vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono

Team Yoshiken | Cielo, Geno, Juan, Yukiko, Rosa (Status Symbol Law)
[Floor 1]
Team Yoshiken vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Yoshiken vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Yoshiken vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Yoshiken vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Yoshiken vs. Change Relic

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is reversed (60% becomes 140%), but after the first round of combat, their speed returns to default and can not be increased in any way.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has all their total statistics multiplied by .90.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 04:37:29 PM by Nephrite »

Bardiche

Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 12
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 04:42:18 PM »
Yoshiken passes. Floor 1.

MT Floors make me go ugh. Leaning towards fail for the challengers.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 04:58:07 PM »
Can't vote on Tal's.

Piggy's team... probably passes. I'll wait to see what others say before confirming that one, but I'm thinking Cray using Might should be enough to let Orlandu destroy most of these fights - it's only fights 3 and 5 that'd be problematic, if any, and I'm -really- not seeing Dhouly/Bowser being a problem. Might!Orlandu & Garnet together should take out Tidus and Crono at least in the last fight, and I doubt the other two will be able to take out the whole team. If Might isn't a viable option for the fight, then Cray can use the speed boost instead and that'll allow Garnet and Adray to take out Tidus while Chemist can Split Shell Kanji to make this fight much, much quicker.
...And I think I just completely convinced myself there. Pigs' team passes

Team Yoshiken | Cielo, Geno, Juan, Rosa, Yukiko (Status Symbol Law)
[Floor 1]
Team Yoshiken vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon - Yea-- no. Probably get killed by an all-out physical assault in the first round. >_>
Team Yoshiken vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight - Yukiko hits weakness on Steelix, for starters. One More hype right there for those who allow that. Outside of that, everyone pummels the other two while Rosa heals up anything Knight does.
Team Yoshiken vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest - Bwahahaha. Juan w/o Waking Rune versus frail characters? This can only end well. Juan can probably destroy Alice while whoever's needed out of the rest takes out Priest. Marle on her own isn't gonna cause any trouble (and could probably be killed instead of Priest if she would. Priest's revival isn't gonna do anything but waste a turn.)
Team Yoshiken vs. Lich (FF1) - Yeowch. Yukiko hitting weakness here makes Lich ;_;.
*Full Heal
Team Yoshiken vs. Change Relic - Not entirely sure how to judge this one, but if this causes any trouble at all, what with me having three healers here, then something is seriously, seriously wrong.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 05:48:07 PM »
Tal dies vs. Yosuke and Tengaar. There's nothing Tal can do to stop Tengaar from getting a turn, then MT'd revenge earth makes them nearly invincible. Yosuke opens with Brave Blade, then a Brave blade + EQ combo next turn kills all except a single party member Yulie threw a Protect or Heal on. None of them can solo these two. Before all this happens... Jude gets in 1 attack, arnaud gets 2? Yeah, that's not killing anyone, even with BB's recoil.

Piggyman passes. Orlandu spams MT weapon breaks to neutralize all the fights except for the Yosuke/Tengaar one (Tengaar just dies to a Cray/Orlandu attack and Yosuke by himself can't do anything) and the Bowser/Dhoul one. Bowser gets armor broke + cray smacked, killing him, and Dhoul's bad speed lets both Chemist and Garnet sneak in a protect and a shell before he can move, taking the edge off his MT barrages. From there it's just a slow but easy grind.

Abstain on Yoshiken for now

Bardiche

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »
Yosuke opens with Brave Blade, then a Brave blade + EQ combo next turn kills all except a single party member Yulie threw a Protect or Heal on. None of them can solo these two. Before all this happens... Jude gets in 1 attack, arnaud gets 2? Yeah, that's not killing anyone, even with BB's recoil.

Yulie can Protect/Heal all members since the floor's MT.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 06:24:31 PM »
Ah, right.

Then... hm. The BB + EQ combo should still kill the girls at full health but leave the guys alive. Jude's useless here so if Yulie goes the heal route it's all on Arnaud and I doubt he can do it. What about protect? It would have to save both Yulie and Arnaud, I think... I kind of doubt it would do that.

Bardiche

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:30:37 PM »
Jude's damage is surprisingly acceptable earlygame. Arnaud doesn't have Hi-Blast, and Raquel doesn't have Penetrator yet. hantom Line's not too terrible on damage, but, hm.

Team Piggyman vs. Yosuke and Tengaar

Suppose Jude opens with hantom Line. Arnaud follows this up with... Slow? Arnaud follows up with Slow so people are slower, screw Illusion. Yulie should get a turn next, she can cast... Turn Shift? No, Jude'd probably go after her... unless you think Jude's damage is good enough by this point that he can 3HKO Tengaar.

If you do, the team should be able to defeat Tengaar before she drops EQ, and then Yosuke is going down as well.

I'm just not sure if Yulie'd beat a Slow'd Tengaar at speed, and if Jude doubles her right off the bat.

//Edit: Wait, if Jude doesn't double and if Arnaud doesn't double on Turn 1, Yulie Turn Shifts into Raquel which is... not nice for Tengaar.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:33:39 PM by Bardiche »

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »
Yosuke is faster than arnaud and if Tengaar isn't, she's so close that slowing her isn't going to let anyone go before her. Absolutely 0 chance of Yulie getting her first turn before either opponent, slow or no.

Bardiche

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 08:08:54 PM »
Yosuke is faster than arnaud and if Tengaar isn't, she's so close that slowing her isn't going to let anyone go before her. Absolutely 0 chance of Yulie getting her first turn before either opponent, slow or no.

Tengaar's average speed, slightly below if you don't allow Wind Amulet... whereas Yosuke is 113%, and Arnaud is... 114% speed at endgame? I don't think the spread is really enough to make Arnaud be worse than 100% speed, so he definitely goes before Tengaar and maybe before Yosuke.

If Arnaud is SLOWER to your interp than he is at endgame, then Yulie should be FASTER and closer to average speed, if you think the spreads aren't as large.

Even so, the reason this floor makes me go urgh is that even if they pass this fight, I worry about the boss fight.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 08:36:58 PM »

[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Piggyman vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard- Hellcry does wonders here, as does MP busting. Adray/Cid means no MP for the enemy team.
Team Piggyman vs. Yosuke and Tengaar- Cid's faster than Tengaar and that's fight. Yosuke can't do much to disable the entire team.
Team Piggyman vs. Dhoulmagus2 and Bowser- Bowser doesn't get a turn. Dhouly's nasty but the team shouldn't be one roundable thanks to buffs/healing.
*Full Heal
Team Piggyman vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele, Yulie and Porom- Shellbust stab versus healers. Yeah. That'll end well.
Team Piggyman vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono- Cid smash puny floor.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »
Slow Down is -100 RFX when enemies have around 200-250 RFX at this point.  Since WA4 speed is quadratic, speed is getting pulled down to 25%-40%, and like Bardiche said, Tengaar's actually not fast.

Also, Yulie resists earth and has very good magic defense.  At endgame she nulls earth magic damage if you convert to division, though I'm not sure how that pans out in midgame anyway.  Don't think it changes too much.

Poison Bite still gets through Revenge Earth by the way.  The status hits regardless of whether or not the attack is evaded, and WA4 poison is pretty good.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 08:56:27 PM »
Team Piggyman vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard - Initial hit from Cray, along with MT Weapon Break probably kill the two wizards, and leave Knight and Ninja rather helpless. FF1 isn't fond of the whole average speed shenanigans.
Team Piggyman vs. Yosuke and Tengaar - Alright, well, Yosuke's getting off an MT Brave Blade, but Cray and Orlandu make sure Tengaar doesn't finish the job. Garnet can proceed to heal off the damage, while Adray finishes Yosuke off, assuming Cray + Orlandu couldn't. If you're worried that those three combined still won't be able to take out Yosuke, Chemist can Charm him, and YOSUKE CAN FINISH THE JOB HIMSELF.
Team Piggyman vs. Dhoulmagus2 and Bowser - Bowser's so slow that Orlandu, Cray and Adray make sure he doesn't see a turn. As for Dhoulmagus, Garnet can get off MT Shell, while Chemist uses an MT Protect Drink. Reapply as necessary until he's dead.
*Full Heal
Team Piggyman vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele, Yulie and Porom - I... this needs no explanation. Orlandu outright slaughters two of them, and makes sure the other two don't get another turn. Nina and Jessica can't do anything remotely threatening.
Team Piggyman vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono - Crono goes before Orlandu, probably gets off a Luminaire or something. Orlandu then proceeds to happily shatter everyones weapons. Even assuming Tidus gets off an MT Haste, Cray can match it with his own 50% Speed buff, not that that'll be necessary. Garnet heals off the Luminaire, Chemist gets off a Split Shell (1/2 DEF and MDEF), and the moment Orlandu gets a turn, GG.

Yoshiken's team passes, as well. Seeming to me like Yukiko and Juan effectively destroy the floor.

Not sure on Tal. Yosuke/Tengaar is problematic, but I think he can scrape through. Maybe.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:25:12 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 09:20:21 PM »
Leaning pass on Tal, Piggyman and Yoshiken pass.

Final fight... it's a bunch of evadable offense opponents versus oh hi Illusion. The enemy speed games hurt but if they can't reliably hit with anything it means nothing, is my impulse? Slow Down -> Jude/Raquel damage whore might work too.

Tengaar/Yosuke... Yosuke gets a turn, then both eat Slow Down and Yulie/maybe even Raquel because damn Slow Down is evil get a turn. I'm willing to hear arguments, but neither of these feel like a big enough roadblock for the team.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 09:28:07 PM by Taitoro »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 11:05:04 PM »
Yoshiken's the  only one who passes. This floor three is really evil and the boss fight needs to be toned down a load. Tal's team goes down to either the Yosuke or boss fight. Piggyman makes it to the boss fight without too many problems. Unfortunately that's where things go downhill.

Turn order is something like Cray, Chrono, Tidus, Orlandu, Ramza, Garnet, Adray, Chemist, Kanji.
This means that Tidus is replacing Speed Up with Slow and due to the way the Speed ? sealstone works, this means that Tidus is getting another turn to haste his team before Cray's second turn.  Unfortunately this means that Crono Ramza and Kanji are going to get two turns to do something nasty. This results in the team eating a Tarukajaed Luminaire and Primal Force with a possible Ramza buff thrown in there. That's just too much damage for the team to take.  

Edit: Neph, why'd you change the floor? It seemed pretty well balanced as it was. This new boss is just outright unfair. Not only do you have to get past Tidus's speed game, but if the team has limited magical offense and their main magic damage dealer dies they're probably screwed because of Tidus's evade and counter.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:09:46 PM by dude789 »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
Edit: Neph, why'd you change the floor? It seemed pretty well balanced as it was. This new boss is just outright unfair. Not only do you have to get past Tidus's speed game, but if the team has limited magical offense and their main magic damage dealer dies they're probably screwed because of Tidus's evade and counter.

I will address this specific part: the Evade part of Evade & Counter is ignored if attacks are MT.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »
I... seriously doubt Slow would make Orlandu slower than Kanji. And Garnet and Adray, at the worst, are probably still going before Crono/Tidus get their second turns, meaning they can use their magic to kill Tidus before his second turn. That MDef is just comical, and Orlandu's already gonna have had his attack, which is gonna be a weapon break to everyone, which removes the problem of Tidus' magic counters as well as some offence all round.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 11:24:29 PM »
[Synergy Bonus: This team fully heals after every battle. However, if a character dies they suffer a Max HP penalty until a full heal]
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Talaysen vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard - These losers get owned by Illusion/Slow Down.
Team Talaysen vs. Yosuke and Tengaar - EDIT: I'll bite Turn Shift hype. Makes the fight simple and Yosuke can't OHKO Yulie anyway.
Team Talaysen vs. Dhoulmagus2 and Bowser - Bowser is slow enough turn one that Slow Down = loooooooool Raquel goes before him even if it gets dispelled Given how Dhouly was being outsped by Yulie to begin with and now he risks getting outraced by Raquel, Protect+Slow Down = drop that Icy Wave stat, which means he can't OHKO Yulie on the first turn, and as long as they keep it coming, he can't do it ever. Then Raquel gets her turn and Intrudes. Really simple, honestly.
*Full Heal
Team Talaysen vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele, Yulie and Porom - Yulie is inarguably faster than Porom and Jessica (AND THE OTHER YULIE TOO) after Slow Down. Turn Shift to Raquel, the end.
Team Talaysen vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono - At this point, Slow Down (and even at -endgame- on average, really) honestly > Slow/Haste, and since Arnaud and Tidus are so close in speed, the effects basically cancel each other out. Ramza+Crono probably can't handle Yulie either (their damage just sucks), and Raquel makes the world die once Turn Shift kicks in. Tidus could try to attack to kill Yulie, but then Raquel is guaranteed to get a turn due to Slow Down without any mitigating factors.

[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Piggyman vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard - Um yeah.
Team Piggyman vs. Yosuke and Tengaar - Garnet+Orlandu > this fight.
Team Piggyman vs. Dhoulmagus2 and Bowser - Christ, Orlandu solos Dhouly 2 to begin with.
*Full Heal
Team Piggyman vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele, Yulie and Porom - More blitzing.
Team Piggyman vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono - And see what I posted. Cray+Speed = Orlandu rips the MP of a bunch of losers in half and now they can't do much of anything. Theoretically, the offense could be annoying, but in practice, they just explode.

Team Yoshiken | Cielo, Geno, Juan, Yukiko, Rosa (Status Symbol Law)
[Floor 1]
Team Yoshiken vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Yoshiken vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Yoshiken vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Yoshiken vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Yoshiken vs. Change Relic - I'll analyze this later.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:36:59 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 11:26:43 PM »
Orlandu's not a speed demon yet and weapon breaking only lowers Tidus's and Ramza's offense. Kanji and Crono need weapons for thier damage. Cray's only fast on his first turn which means that Tidus and Crono lap everyone and once Tidus uses Haste the entire team gets a turn before the other team. I see FFX slow as cancelling out Cray's Speed spell and inflicting slow in its place because that's what it does in game.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 11:43:00 PM »
What stops Orlandu from just raping the opposition's MP - on which the dangerous people are heavily reliant to do anything other than horribly fail -, though? Speed up from Cray at Crono-level speed = Orlandu and Garnet go before Tidus anyway (Orlandu is no speed demon right now, but speed-boosting equips started showing up, he's hardly bad at speed on base and he gets to equip them), Crono fails at applying pressure with his godly 3HKO damage - of which he'll have none after one Luminaire and Dark Sword - and Orlandu definitely should be able to OHKO Tidus' terrible MP, particularly against his crappy defense (probably should tank Kanji's equally shitty MP as well). The only person even remotely capable of applying any sort of pressure against the team's now Kanji, and with Adray and Garnet healing and Orlandu applying steady pressure on a party that can't keep its speed up as fast as Piggy's party can, they're utterly fucked. Lapping Cray suddenly doesn't matter at all.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 01:59:45 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 11:51:41 PM »
Just to add, Slow wouldn't necessarily remove the speed buff. It removes Haste in FFX, which is a separate status, but there's no way to test if it would remove a direct increase to the stats, as there's no such thing in-game.

And Tidus and Crono might be much faster than everyone, but their second turns would not be before Adray/Garnet's first turns.
...Not to mention that Chemist has Haste Drink, which would replace the Slow.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 11:52:43 PM »
[Floor 3b]
*All ST is MT
Team Talaysen vs. FF1 White Wizard, Knight, Ninja and Red Wizard - Triple MT RUSE = They cannot be hit, and I doubt Jude / Arnaud can KO anyone if they went for immediate offense.  So, uh, that leaves Blast / Material / Poison Bite?  Also a bit of an issue in how Ninja's FAST and Arnaud's Slow Down interact - flavorwise, they should cancel each other despite doing rather different things in their respective games.  Assuming Ninja's FAST is seen strictly as an attack buffer...  hmm, he's FASTing the team round 1 and Knight + Ninja will HURT afterward.  Checking...  Illusion is lvl. 28, so yeah, that's gettable now, so that should stave off the looming KO - Aruand opens with MT Slow Down, MT Illusions the next turn.  Tentatively, with Illusion up and MT Protect, I think the WA4 team can tank the Light Warriors now.  Actually killing them involves Arnaud moving to an elemental hex, if not already on one, for the Blast boost, and waiting for a double turn to Blast x2.  Then Yulie tosses in an elemental material, and Poison finishes the job.  (Knight's actually probably still alive, but the healers are dead, and that's what's important.)
Team Talaysen vs. Yosuke and Tengaar - Sure, with Slow Down, Tengaar is going after Yulie.  If Yulie started on an elemental hex Tengaar might just be dead from Material + Jude, if not Protect should help them tank their way through.  POIZN Bite would finish the job Jude started, then.
Team Talaysen vs. Dhoulmagus2 and Bowser - Slow Down cuts Dhoully's offense in half, at least.  This is actually kinda problematic as Terrorize is going off, and after Dhoully's WoIed off Slow Down to boot.  Uh... unsure.  Jude hits 'em, Arnaud Slow Downs...  Yulie does something?   Not much point in Protect....  wait, GATHER (downside is irrelevant on this floor, but super Joint Struggles!).  Dhoully2 does 40% turn skip + WoI, Bowser Terrorizes...  Raquel Intrudes a double attack, but was Terrorized, so everyone's probably still alive?  Jude Joint Struggles, Arnaud Blasts.  If all three of them took their turns fight's probably over, but one and maybe two of them skipped - Jude skipping would be epically bad.  If Dhoully gets a turn he OHKOs everyone thanks to Terroize.  Eh, give it to WA4, Dhoully has to get a bit lucky with turn skips AND Yulie has to not start on an elemental hex - she could Material otherwise, which would be a way better use of FP then a wussy Terrorized Raquel hit.
*Full Heal
Team Talaysen vs. Nina4, Jessica Philomele, Yulie and Porom - This team is direly asking for some physical thwacking, but Raquel is too slow and getting minied...  I guess Good Yulie Turn Shifts in Raquel?  Arnaud opened with Slow Down, so she's beating out Evil Yulie for her turn.  Since Intruded Raquel should take care of things, the question of whether Turn Shift is MTed is moot.
Team Talaysen vs. Kanji, Ramza, Tidus (Caladbolg) and Crono - So.  Luminaire, MT'ed Tidus Slow.  Ramza...  attacks or Screams, figure it out later.  Jude does damage, Arnaud...  returns his own Slow Down?  Lovely, this gets into debates of whether clashing FFX / WA4 buffs cancel or replace each other.  Yulie probably needs to Heal.  Eh...  Raquel is crashing into them like a freight train eventually, even if Crono & Tidus get more turns before she gets her first I think Yulie's heal means that at worst Yulie dies.  Intruding Raquel turns + Jude damage should mean only Kanji is left.  Can be convinced otherwise, but kneejerking WA4 here.  (EDIT: Though forgot about Tidus's E&C.  Well crud.  Those extra counters could well take down Arnaud AND Tidus won't be dead.  Huh.) (
Edit to the Edit: Oh, so Neph is saying that the everything is MT part owns the Evade part?  Well... counters are still bad, but the team probably doesn't need Arnaud.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:06:05 AM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 11:53:00 PM »
Well, it depends a lot on what Orlandu is actually wearing. I'm assuming Coral Sword, Diamond Shield, Judo Outfit and Twist Headband? Possibly N-Kai armlet if you see TENTARAFOO HYPE as being an issue. I don't know how fast he'd be right now with that stuff but I'm pretty sure it's just average? (May not matter)

EDIT: I guess my point is if he's going for max speed he probably can't do as much in terms of damage, relatively speaking. Your mileage may vary on that one, though.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:56:44 PM by Nephrite »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 11:55:21 PM »
Just to add, Slow wouldn't necessarily remove the speed buff. It removes Haste in FFX, which is a separate status, but there's no way to test if it would remove a direct increase to the stats, as there's no such thing in-game.

And Tidus and Crono might be much faster than everyone, but their second turns would not be before Adray/Garnet's first turns.
...Not to mention that Chemist has Haste Drink, which would replace the Slow.

Tidus isn't that fast anyway, and his fastest is at turn 1. 117% average speed is fine, but not a zomg.

And Orlandu should be above average just fine. His base is okay and he gets Hats, so he starts getting into an advantageous position by then. Not to mention that he probably gets some mileage out of damage twinking from clothes too, so it's not too bad.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:01:18 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 11:55:50 PM »
Snow, Yulie can get Turn Shift at this point (L22, but within range for GC twinking).  If she goes before Tengaar, then she just Turn Shifts Raquel up and Raquel uses that 25 FP to Intrude chain.  Two Raquel swings and Jude's opening attack should be enough to take them out.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 11:59:42 PM »
Snow, Yulie can get Turn Shift at this point (L22, but within range for GC twinking).  If she goes before Tengaar, then she just Turn Shifts Raquel up and Raquel uses that 25 FP to Intrude chain.  Two Raquel swings and Jude's opening attack should be enough to take them out.

Hm. If Yulie has Turn Shift, then yeah, that just fixes the fight right there. Raquel doesn't even need Jude's opening attack to kill the universe with Intrude x2. Also neatly gets around everything. Yosuke's Tentarafoo could be problematic there, but it's too inaccurate for me to give the credit it needs there. Sukukaja could also be an issue, but Raquel's accuracy is better at this point than it is at endgame, and just killing Tengaar = game anyway.