Author Topic: Tourney of Interest Season 9 Week 2  (Read 4920 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Interest Season 9 Week 2
« on: October 06, 2009, 05:17:15 AM »
Emperor- ii v Ulti- viii
Levin- vi v Tree- ii
Dragon- iiii v Clown- vii
Sora- xi v Tidus

Hero- v v Cecil
Almaz- ii v Cloud- i
Chrodechild- iii v Squall
Homard- iii v Marcello- iiii

Marth- iii v Frog- v
Liu- ii v Flare- i
Lieselotte- viii v Gallows- i
Marie- ii v Alma- i

Gabranth- vii v Garland- i
Sanaki- x v Algus
Jagen- i v Flonne- vii
Ronyx v Cinnamon- vi

Godlike

Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III) vs Jecht (Final Fantasy X)
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)
Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Knight (Final Fantasy)
Aschen Brodel (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)

Middle

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
Slime (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Meru (Legend of Dragoon)
Empoleon (Pokémon) vs Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts)

Light

Salvatore (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V)
Galahad (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3)
Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)

Closes Next Sunday AD... probably.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest Season 9 Week 2
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:31:02 AM »
Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX) - Gets a turn, smites.

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) - I don't wanna think about this...

Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Assuming Meru can't deal with Prevent Motion.  Could be swayed, though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 06:39:31 PM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:37:55 AM »
Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III) vs Jecht (Final Fantasy X) - Massive fail-off that belongs in Heavy.
Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX) - Deals something like 2x Kuja HP in a single turn while Kuja 3HKOs before spirits come into play. That's working out.

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) - I'd be honestly shocked if there wasn't something in FFV that can block Silence, which gets Zidane outslugged anyway.
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Knight (Final Fantasy) - No Ruse hype for me. Knight just gets vastly outslugged.
Aschen Brodel (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - If Aschen wasn't sorta durable and didn't have some evade, maybe.
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Odie 2HKOs through the 30% Lightning resistance and I don't think the MAGESLAYAR weapon is nearly enough. Alicia damage sucks.

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - Lily -immunes Muppy's damage-. He needs Change hype to have a prayer here, and fuck.dat.
Slime (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Nino doesn't even get to double? Failure, she's a Light when she's not doing that.
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Um. What the fuck is Fauxnel doing in Middle, CK? Anyway, Suspend Motion is pretty fucking badass even against high-profile mdef, and Meru's getting killed sooner than later if she opts to go for Defend hype.

Galahad (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - Galahad probably fails to OHKO via buffing. That's just sad.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:00:42 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 05:44:47 AM »

Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III) vs Jecht (Final Fantasy X): You need to be Myria tier to beat Onion Knight with defence-subject damage.
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII): Would need to check stats to be sure, but even if Arceus goes Ghost, Seph is faster and probably 1.5HKOs with Shadow Flare. Alternatively, fly (forces Safeguard as a first action), then spam Super Nova for a heal lock.
Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX): Sanger damage hype is pretty stupid since it relies on the rest of the cast not using the ridiculous PP reserves they build up in the 30-odd chapters before Sanger decides to join. Thaat said, Kuja isn't overly durable and Sense gets the job done. This is assuming OG1 since I've still never really looked at OG2 duelling ability.
Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): Pretty sure? He doesn't one-round, but he kicks Drain's ass, so heal-locking should work.

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX): See Snow?

Middle

Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Meru (Legend of Dragoon): Prevent Motion isn't Paralysis, so yeah.
Empoleon (Pokémon) vs Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts): Steel typing means Alice has no chance whatsoever of killing before SP runs out. Empy hits the right defence, to boot.

Light

Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V): Resists lightning.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 06:55:37 AM »

Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX): Sanger damage hype is pretty stupid since it relies on the rest of the cast not using the ridiculous PP reserves they build up in the 30-odd chapters before Sanger decides to join. Thaat said, Kuja isn't overly durable and Sense gets the job done. This is assuming OG1 since I've still never really looked at OG2 duelling ability.

Don't think it's a huuuge difference in practice? Sanger does get more time to build PP and a bit more starting PP in OG2, which matters to you, and he doesn't have the accuracy issues. Dunno how they look relative to -each other- in the damage scale.

EDIT: Also, I generally don't think much in the terms of OG1 forms outside of maybe Latooni and Kusuha, was kneejerking off OG2 there.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:30:19 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 07:47:42 AM »
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V): Resists lightning.

I thought Labrynthia's Lightning was technically non-elemental?

Godlike

Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III) vs Jecht (Final Fantasy X) - Low OK respect
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - Sephy does his usual.
Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - EDIT: I have to admit that Pyro's 'how familiar' argument is enough to sway me against shaky Elyon hype.

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) - Seems straightforward enough. EDIT: Except that I allow Petrify for Zidane. He actually -belongs- in Heavy to me...
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Knight (Final Fantasy) - No MK2 yet.
Aschen Brodel (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - No SRT ever.
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - I -know- Odie's damage is technically non-elemental. Uses his normal attack round 1, after Alicia Heals+Attacks, Odie's Counter + his following turn where he uses his big menu spell Static Lance should finish her off.

Middle

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - No MK2 yet.
Slime (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Even if Nino heal-locks, Slime is faster, so no doubling. Think Slime gets enough damage turns before a crit happens? MP matters here, but I have no idea how much MP Slime's money skills cost.
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Meru puts up a good show, but I think -counters- get her of all things. (I'd see Dragoon form as prevent the Stop status).
Empoleon (Pokémon) vs Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) - See NEB

Light

Salvatore (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) - I want to vote on this!!! ;_; But I don't want to read the Dis3 stat topic until I at least own the game... or a PS3... >.>;;
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V) - EDIT: Huh, okay. I'm not a WAXF mechanics master, obviously. EDIT2: See Pyro, Distortion + Aim Down Physical spam! YES! EDIT3: OBJECTION!
Galahad (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - Galahad's big deal is his durability, but his damage sucks. Chidori has serious durability issues, but turn 2 status handles him. Also, his RES is laughable.
Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - Judy's Fatal Strike ID turns out to be turn 3 to the average of endgame randoms using Pyro's combo, meaning she probably kills Zhuzhen with regular melee damage before that. If you use a -good- Judy player's combo string, it becomes turn 2, but then her damage also increases, so FS's end up being pretty useless for Judy in Light anyway. Except maybe against physical tanks or healers... >.>;;

« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:01:30 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:42 AM »
Um, Zhuzhen immunes ID, you know...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:02:15 AM »
Godlike

Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III) vs Jecht (Final Fantasy X)- I guess? OK is a mess/headache.
Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)- Gut check.

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)- Faster sadly.
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Knight (Final Fantasy)- Helps that I vote on the crappier DoS Knight.

Middle

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- Blocks change, nulls Fire, better offense.

Light

Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V)- There are a weak Lightning resistant/weak enemy, Djinn.
...into the nightfall.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 11:18:51 AM »
Slime wins in a laugher. Infernal Flames is MT so it gets around counters, and Slime is fast so doubles are out of the issue (in fact it'll double Nino eventually). The fact that neither Infernal Flames or Meditate even costs MP so both are infinite seals the fight.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »
Um, Zhuzhen immunes ID, you know...

Huh, I had forgotten that SH characters immuned ID, but whatever, I just wanted to talk about Fatal Strikes because I spent all that time averaging endgame ToV enemy FS resistance.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »

Godlike

Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- Unless Odie has way more speed than I remember...

Light

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Taishyr

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - ... uh... Sure. Whatever. I refuse to think about this further.
Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - ...leaning Terra? Elyon respect has kinda gone down for me outside of the nuke kill which Terra can beat out...

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) - Bard Clothes. Drop Defense severely, but hey.
Aschen Brodel (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - khk... gut says Aschen doesn't get a turn to set up, but I need to look at Jeremy's stats again.

Middle

Slime (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - As usual, CK, voting on DQM forms. And... while Radiance is a pain in the ass... well, NEB: how good is Nino's MDef, presuming equal levels to the rest of the cast?

Light

Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V) - Djinn: It's easy - very easy - to miss the Lightning-absorbing monster, at least, and I think that's one of the only real hints you get that it can be blocked and stuff.
Galahad (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - ....damnit stop feeding chidori wins.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 09:34:36 PM »

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 09:51:19 PM »
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V)-Can't actualy vote on this myself, but I took a quick glance at the S5 stat topic and it looks like Bernadette can't pierce Laby's Distortion with her magic, and Labby has Attack + Aim down, not sure if that would actually change anything.  Just figured I would point that out, though I could be horribly wrong there or something.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »
Godlike

Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III) vs Jecht (Final Fantasy X) - Jecht.  Too much durability.
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - Sephiroth
Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX) - Kuja
Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Elyon.  Goodbye Godlike.

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) - Zidane.  Petrify fun.
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Knight (Final Fantasy) - NO VOTE
Aschen Brodel (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - NO VOTE
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Odie.  Yay lag for Heal.

Middle

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - NO VOTE
Slime (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Slime
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Fauxnel, I think
Empoleon (Pokémon) vs Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) - Alice

Light

Salvatore (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) - NO VOTE
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V) - Labby.  It's...eh.  There are enemies that absorb void-aligned damage in other games.  It has no other real corresponding resist, so I can see it not being elementally aligned, which I do!  Evasion works otherwise.
Galahad (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - CHIDORI
Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - Judith
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 10:07:11 PM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - Status, or Shadow Flare.

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) - Zidane has more than just Silence to screw with Blue Mage.

Middle

Light

Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »
Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) - Zidane has more than just Silence to screw with Blue Mage.

What, more specifically? Unless you allow the stone that is basically a glorified ST run command, Zidane has nothing besides Silence to stop Blue Magic from turning him into a pile of mush. And, like Silence, I'd be shocked if FFV lacked a stone-blocking accessory/equip somewhere for Blue Mage to use. The problem with Zidane status is that, as he swaps his weaponry, he has to deal with his opponent swapping status blockers. In spite of his status variety, Zidane loathes single statusblocking with a passion, and I haven't even began to mention how most of his statuses are actually trash given his issues.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 10:26:59 PM »

What, more specifically? Unless you allow the stone that is basically a glorified ST run command, Zidane has nothing besides Silence to stop Blue Magic from turning him into a pile of mush. And, like Silence, I'd be shocked if FFV lacked a stone-blocking accessory/equip somewhere for Blue Mage to use. The problem with Zidane status is that, as he swaps his weaponry, he has to deal with his opponent swapping status blockers. In spite of his status variety, Zidane loathes single statusblocking with a passion, and I haven't even began to mention how most of his statuses are actually trash given his issues.

I do allow the Petrify, and I don't even recall a Silence OR Petrification blocker in FF5, Ribbon excluded.

EDIT: The only status blockers I did find were for Blind, Poison, Zombie and Aging. I'm going off the SNES version, though. Something might exist in the Advance version.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:32:38 PM by ThePiggyman »

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 10:35:57 PM »
I'm checking equipment lists as well, but FFV FAQs are egregious failure at everything, and PD didn't make an extensive equipment list for the game either, so I have no idea. Earth Robe could resist it, but who the hell knows. Although, if nothing else, Blue Mage should have pretty decent MEvade (can equip shields), against which Soul Blade is openly vulnerable in-game. Dunno how much is enough or needed, however.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
I'm checking equipment lists as well, but FFV FAQs are egregious failure at everything, and PD didn't make an extensive equipment list for the game either, so I have no idea. Earth Robe could resist it, but who the hell knows. Although, if nothing else, Blue Mage should have pretty decent MEvade (can equip shields), against which Soul Blade is openly vulnerable in-game. Dunno how much is enough or needed, however.

*nods*
Point taken nonetheless. MEvade could very well tip it, and give BM the turn he needs, but I think I'll stick with Zidane on this call.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:41:14 PM by ThePiggyman »

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 10:56:59 PM »
(a) Bard's Clothes/Robe blocks silence and is storebought. However, this is irrelevant because

(b) FF5 Blue Magic works even when silenced.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 10:59:39 PM »
... that just fails.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 11:18:56 PM »
Godlike

Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX) - IIRC, OG2 damage is a fair sight better, and Sanger's already good base stats and Zankantou's power make it solid damage in OG1 compared to others.

Middle

"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »
Godlike

Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III) vs Jecht (Final Fantasy X) - I'll buy it.
Arceus (Pokémon) vs Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) - Uh, need to think about this one.  Depends on what kind of MT stuff Sephiroth has.
Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX) - Yeah.
Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Yeah.

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX) - Works for me.
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Knight (Final Fantasy) - ID I think?
Aschen Brodel (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Hm, not really seeing a way Alicia can win this.  I let Alicia counter with whatever offense she used in the previous turn but I don't think Odie is scared of that at all and just 2HKOs.

Middle

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - Fire walling and Aroma Material takes care of Change.  Yeeah...
Slime (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) vs Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Sure.
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Sure.
Empoleon (Pokémon) vs Alice Elliot (Shadow Hearts) - Goes first and 2HKOs I guess?

Light

Salvatore (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) vs Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) - Kneejerk.
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V) - Distortion.
Galahad (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - ...
Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - Probably.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 11:40:13 PM »
Godlike

Sanger Zonvolt (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Kuja (Final Fantasy IX): Smash.
Elyon (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI): PC transforming and smiting the shit out of Elyon. Ah nostalgia.

Heavy

Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V) vs Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX): Not really thinking about this hard.
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Knight (Final Fantasy): Ruse. Don't believe Raze has any way around this.
Odie (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria): non-elemental Counters + damage?

Middle

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Muppy Oktavia Vondercheck VII (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): Oh hey status/fire immunity. Yeah.

Light

Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Bernadette Egan (Suikoden V): Bernadette can not break Distortion witthout a critical and that is made nearly impossible by Attack and Aim down. Jesus christ Labby beats a healer by spamming her physical.
Galahad (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3): Not thinking not thinking not thinking.
Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts): I think she 2HKO's him or close enough for government work.