Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 14  (Read 3485 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 14
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 04:59:29 AM »
Interesting (and should definitely be in the main stat topic).  I'd favor including Jessica in the averages, though, and Taishyr notes that this would help Luna's speed.  I'd actually be inclined to even include low-level Mia and Kyle as well, which I suspect would make Luna look even better.  I just use straight division on stats so for me, at least, even a slight boost from Jess's inclusion would make Luna's 88% faster than Yulie's 88-90%.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 11:05:14 AM »
Yeah Teams vs dungeon~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 11:48:35 AM »
Changing my vote to a pass for piggyman. If Adray and Garnet can both revive, Golbez would need to hit both their MP stocks before dying all while chemist stays dead, and I think team FF4 needs too much luck for that to work. As soon as golbez dies, someone who still has MP revives chemist, chemist throws MP heals about, and defend commands, buffs and such keep Zeromus in check until the team's all healed. Yeah, they make it.

Taishyr

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 02:03:43 PM »
Yeah, Piggyman passes, abstain on Tal I need to think there, Yoshiken passes because I see Geno Whirl as at this point. *crossarms*

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »

Team Talaysen | Raquel, Jude, Arnaud, Yulie
[Synergy Bonus: This team fully heals after every battle. However, if a character dies they suffer a Max HP penalty until a full heal]
[Floor 5c]
Team Talaysen vs. Luna, Alex, Lucia, Ghaleon (EB/EBC)- Ghaleon+Alex means Yulie won't get a turn no matter what Tal's team does. Don't think Tal can control the fight past that point.
Team Talaysen vs. Zeromus (FF4), FuSoYa and Golbez (FF4DS, No plot paralysis)
Team Talaysen vs. XS1 Virgil and XS3 Virgil
Team Talaysen vs. Dolan, Kevin and Lugar
*Full Heal
Team Talaysen vs. Orgulla and Margulis (XS2)

Team Yoshiken | Cielo, Geno, Juan, Yukiko, Rosa (Status Symbol Law)
[Floor 3a]
*All MT is ST and targetable
Team Yoshiken vs. Eiko, Garnet and Rydia- Status symbol law means they don't fear Rydia's skillset. Juan+Geno should splatter Eiko, and it's downhill for the other team from there.
Team Yoshiken vs. Geddoe and Hugo- Gut's telling me that chain revival works. Geddoe's tough but can be taken down eventually, Hugo can be statused.
Team Yoshiken vs. Naoto and Ken (P3)- ST ID spam is kind of scary, but it isn't like Ken is going to see a turn. Naoto by herself can't win this.
Team Yoshiken vs. Ephraim and Yosuke- Ephraim can one round everyone but Juan offhand, but it doesn't matter. Round robin revival should work.
*Full Heal
Team Yoshiken vs. Demi, Wren and Aigis- Think they can outlast.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »
Status Symbol Law gets ID, doesn't it?

Team Yoshiken vs. Naoto and Ken (P3)- ST ID spam is kind of scary, but it isn't like Ken is going to see a turn. Naoto by herself can't win this.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »
Team Talaysen vs. Luna, Alex, Lucia, Ghaleon (EB/EBC)- Ghaleon+Alex means Yulie won't get a turn no matter what Tal's team does. Don't think Tal can control the fight past that point.

Hm, if Ghaleon and Alex kill Yulie, then... Jude can Assault Buster Luna, Arnaud follows it up with magic to KO, Lucia does something, Raquel Intrudes and splats Alex.  Next turn... hm, Ghaleon can paralyze someone, maybe Arnaud?  Jude Assault Busters Lucia, Raquel Intrudes, KOs Lucia, should build enough FP for another Intrude from that, smacks Ghaleon twice.  I don't think Ghaleon can kill everyone fast enough at that point.

Hm, Snowfire.  If Yulie doesn't need any GC skills for any of the fights, she can probably grab another Class LV for a +10 to RFX to try and go before Luna.  I don't know how much you factor CLVs into averages (hell, I don't even know myself), but if you don't assume ALL GC go into CLVs, then that might change things.  Just a thought anyway.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 09:50:14 PM »
Red Dragon Anger is MT. Alex getting a turn and you not having fire resistance is thus a very bad thing on the whole, don't think you can fight your way out of that.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »
Red Dragon Anger is MT. Alex getting a turn and you not having fire resistance is thus a very bad thing on the whole, don't think you can fight your way out of that.

Oh, right.  Well, Raquel resists fire, and when she kills Alex she can go for Dragon Bite + Attack combo to fully heal up.  I already assumed Arnaud is out of commission, but Jude not getting that other turn would be a problem.  Does RDA OHKO Jude though?  I'm thinking not, but I could be underselling its damage.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 01:53:00 AM by Dhyerwolf »

Bardiche

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 10:00:36 PM »
RE: Snowfire's analysis...

Luna's sleep song is full MT iirc. So even if Jude Poses for Luna, she just Sleeps everyone. Don't think Team Tal can survive when it's asleep.

Fail to Team Tal.
Pass to Piggyman and Yoshiken.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:02:32 PM by Bardiche »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2009, 01:40:32 AM »
How is Raquel getting intrude, Tal? (One Raquel physical is not close to killing Alex).

-------------------

Taishyr

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2009, 01:45:10 AM »
Two; Yulie has FP Advance.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009, 01:52:56 AM »
Right. Worth looking at that more.

Djinn: yeah, it should.  Just makes that fight compeltely trivial instead of mostly trivial.
-------------------

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »

Oh, right.  Well, Raquel resists fire, and when she kills Alex she can go for Dragon Bite + Attack combo to fully heal up.  I already assumed Arnaud is out of commission, but Jude not getting that other turn would be a problem.  Does RDA OHKO Jude though?  I'm thinking not, but I could be underselling its damage.

Shouldn't unless Jude is worse at Mdur than he is at endgame (Or he needs to shed HP levels to grab a certain skill, as he's not far from being OHKOed).

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 03:35:35 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.