Author Topic: Season 55, Week 1 - Elc/Naoto WAFF fanfic is the most notable thing this week.  (Read 5594 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Doesn't explain Elc > Naoto and Rikku < Nightburn unless your closet fell off a cliff overnight, though. >_>
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Hey, I said I vote for the prettiest person.  Doesn't mean I argue for them here.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Okay, so the closet fell off the cliff overnight. Time to unleash evil upon the world. *Nodnod.*

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Godlike

Ryu (BoF3) vs Sierra Mikain (S2): Faster.
X (MMXCM) vs False Althena (Lunar:EBC): Ray is too much.

Heavy

Um, wow.

Middle

Ryudo (G2) vs Maya (LoL2): Maya feels overrated sometimes, but Ryudo's just not much of a Middle at all.
Miakis (S5) vs Luna (Lunar:SSSC): Can see the argument, but I never kneejerk for temps.
Rikku (FFX) vs Nightburn Acklund (WA5): Rikku using her Alchemy weapon against the poison-immune is just completely helpless. 20HKO which she can only use on doubles? Um yeah.

Light

Opera Vectra (SO2) vs Ramus Farmain (Lunar:SSSC)
Cid Pollendina (FF4) vs Miluda Folles (FFT): Ouch. Counter hype tilts it.
Leena (CC) vs Flonne (Disgaea): Flonne is just terrible. At least Leena has average damage or so.
Augst Henriksen (WA4) vs Zhuzhen Liu (SH1): Fire halving removes any chance he gets bogged down healing before he can kill.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Godlike
Ryu (BoF3) vs Sierra Mikain (S2)
Elc (AtLC) vs Naoto Shirogane (P4)
Fereydoon (WA5) vs Dhaos (ToP)

X (MMXCM) vs False Althena (Lunar:EBC)

Heavy

Saturos (GS) vs Ho-Oh (PKMN)
Edward "Edge" Geraldine (FF4) vs Kaus Debonair (OB)
Emelia (SaGa) vs Nina Wyndia (BoF4)
Kasumi (Suikos) vs Zelos Wilder (ToS)

Middle

Ryudo (G2) vs Maya (LoL2)
Miakis (S5) vs Luna (Lunar:SSSC)
Elhaym van Houten (XG) vs Yukiko Amagi (P4)
Rikku (FFX) vs Nightburn Acklund (WA5)

Light

Opera Vectra (SO2) vs Ramus Farmain (Lunar:SSSC)
Cid Pollendina (FF4) vs Miluda Folles (FFT)
Leena (CC) vs Flonne (Disgaea)
Augst Henriksen (WA4) vs Zhuzhen Liu (SH1)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Ryudo (G2) vs Maya (LoL2): Maya feels overrated sometimes, but Ryudo's just not much of a Middle at all.

She's a pretty high end Middle. Like Yulie she struggles with quicker fighters, but otherwise she should do fairly well in most middle fields. She beats everyone I can vote on in Middle besides Nanaki.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Of the notable matches to me...

Kasumi (Suikos) vs Zelos Wilder (ToS) - I don't let even infinite TB speed grant an immediate 3:2 against average.  And I'd see ToS fighters as mildly faster than average anyway (and Genis/Raine slow).  This ends Kasumi's hopes here as she doesn't 2HKO.  Moreover while it's close I can see Zelos OHKO hype here as well, though the point is moot.  From the stat topic it seems Kasumi's evade is somewhere between 20-25% which isn't going to save her.

Miakis (S5) vs Luna (Lunar:SSSC)
Really leaning Luna here - though I'll echo the request for if anyone knows exactly how good S5 Fury was?  I don't recall bothering with it much, but that's what Miakis needs to rely on here.  As a reminder Cascade Song buffs Luna's attack here too, and if Miakis berserks herself she's not healing.  Miakis's damage is shockingly average according to the stat topic, which holds her back here - she's just not doing any significant damage if she tries to outheal Luna, and can't heal at all if she goes for the berserk strategy.  After Luna's buffed she should be 4HKOing or so?  So not too much time for a lucky swing chain, and Luna can aggressively heal before the one doubleturn Miakis will likely get.  Some off-the-cuff calculations suggest that Miakis's odds on a 2-3 critical 3x hit are ~3.5% + 4.8% from a 4-hit chain gives ~8.3% odds on a really dangerous series, and Miakis has to waste 1-3 turns at the beginning of the fight to wait for Fury to kick in.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
(Lunar Rod- 100% Chance of Sleep on All Physicals, Reapplicable, Applies even if all hits miss, Broken, Damage in Brackets Below)

Yukiko is not winning this.

Also noting that I am now voting for Rikku in every match she has until the end of time likely. Hashed out in chat last time, but she is an absolute terror who needs to double upgrade with Common steals, I think. Full healing+Fire gems+Shell+Haste should deal with Nightburn pretty well here.

Okay, S5 Fury looks like it was a 40% activation rate for Miakis, so she does need 2 turns to use it. May need to math that one out later since I doubt Berserk is permanent.
...into the nightfall.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
(Lunar Rod- 100% Chance of Sleep on All Physicals, Reapplicable, Applies even if all hits miss, Broken, Damage in Brackets Below)

Yukiko is not winning this.

Yeah, already saw that.  If it didn't work if it missed, I'd think it's hers, but...what the hell?  It makes no logical sense how an effect attached to a physical weapon works even if the thing doesn't hit the person!  Damn you XG mechanics!!!!
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page

Elhaym van Houten (XG) vs Yukiko Amagi (P4) - Yukiko, I think.  Elly's sleep was 100% if it connected?  Or was it just a high chance if it connected?  Can't hype blockers for it, sadly ;_;  If not...3 turns of good enough evasion might do it?  Persona checks evasion for the whole string of multi-hit attacks, so..

No it was 100% either way, hit or miss. Aqua Frost 2HKOs anyways, while Yukiko can only 3-4HKO back. (MDEF) And DB don't miss.
When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
DBs so do miss. Ask Id.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
DBs so do miss. Ask Id.
Yeah but he doesn't count...what I mean is, less you have some kind of super uber evade, (like 95% or something, and there may even be more to it with ID) DBs don't miss.
When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
DBs so do miss. Ask Id.
Yeah but he doesn't count...what I mean is, less you have some kind of super uber evade, (like 95% or something, and there may even be more to it with ID) DBs don't miss.

Id's evade is something like 30%, that's hardly "doesn't count" or "super duper uber". His just looks noticeable in the sea of pathetic failure that is XG enemies, but it's objectively nothing really huge.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
*CT approves of OK x Snow banter

*CT flees

*CT approves of Dhyer Rikku hype~
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 11:21:41 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Starphoenix das Helpoemer

• Denizen
    • View Profile

As a reminder Cascade Song buffs Luna's attack here too, and if Miakis berserks herself she's not healing.

S5 Berserk does not restrict choice of action, just makes the contender hit harder.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
I know this is really, really late and i'm sorry.

DBs so do miss. Ask Id.

Id's evade is something like 30%, that's hardly "doesn't count" or "super duper uber". His just looks noticeable in the sea of pathetic failure that is XG enemies, but it's objectively nothing really huge.

Ok, that didn't come out right. What I mean is that his evasion in that fight isn't actually working off the listed stat.. The fight, like more than a handful of other boss fights in the game, seems to have a whole lot of scripted shenanigans going on. (That's in-battle stat/formula modifying scripts, NOT scripted battles!)

Yeah, his listed evade is 35%, but that isn't much. Grahf is listed at 40% and Executioner 50%. (*Solaris Fight*) Dominia 30%, Tolone 10% (50%), Seraphita 30% (50%), Kelvina 40%. And there are at least 14 (human type) normal enemies with an evasion of over 35%.

Pathetic failure? Hardly! Both boss and normal type enemies evade. X gets evaded a lot and even square gets a good ~20% or so, against enemies with good evade. It's just DBs that don't miss. DBs = > Triangle Hit%. (Remember, DBs are not normal attacks, X-square-triangle are.)

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Where are these enemy stats coming from?

Anyways, XG is full of bugs, so if enemy evade was bugged in some manner it would hardly be surprising.
...into the nightfall.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
Or if it was based on a stat more than just a raw internal evade stat.

Or if PC accuracy from higher class DBs-which seem more accurate, even ignoring hypers, in my experience-doesn't just end up eating the evade for breakfast. Throwing out the unevadable DBs is one thing, throwing out the accurate ones, when they'd be the default offense ignoring the ITE ones, is quite another.
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
Where are these enemy stats coming from?

Anyways, XG is full of bugs, so if enemy evade was bugged in some manner it would hardly be surprising.

http://forte.spacequadrat.de/home/xg/enemies.txt *It's not completely done yet. So there's still some stuff that's not there.*

I'll have to find and post the links to his other stuff later. When I get back maybe.

It seems to be either a really high evade or some type of ability.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
There's definitely a few wrong stats there.
...into the nightfall.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
There's definitely a few wrong stats there.

That's what he/I mean when we say that there's something going on with stats in-battle. (Plus, it's not 100% done.)

Which were you talking about?