Register

Author Topic: The Saigyou Ayakashi is in full bloom in Arkham.  (Read 18226 times)

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Turn 10 Movement/Upkeep
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »
It seemed the local residents had grown weary of what was going on around them, and even the foul weather wasn't stopping them from gathering and harassing the cops and anyone else they thought might be able to relieve some of the tension.  They seemed to be getting more agitated by the moment...

Riots

When this card enters play, place 3 Stamina tokens per player on it. Any player may pay Stamina while in the Northside streets during the Arkham Encounters Phase to remove Stamina tokens from this card on a 1-for-1 basis.
Ongoing Effect: Place 1 Stamina token per player on this card at the end of every Mythos Phase (beginning the turn after it entered play).
Pass: If there are no Stamina tokens on this card, return it to the box. Each player draws 1 Spell.
Fail: If there are 6 Stamina tokens per player on this card, return it to the box. From now on, it costs investigators 2 movement points to enter a street area instead of 1.

A gate opens at Cold Spring Glen, releasing a Byakhee and a Mi-Go.
Hexagon Monsters move, the Formless Spawn at Wizard's Hill moves to Backwoods Country, and the Formless Spawn at the Black Cave moves to the Rivertown Streets.
Slash monsters move, the Gug at the Black Cave also moves to the Rivertown Streets.

Deadline is midnight EST on Tuesday.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Turn 7 Movement/Upkeep
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »
Hong Meiling (Gatewalker):

Sanity 2 (4)
Stamina 5 (6)

Cash: $7
Clues: 3

Focus: 2

Speed2345
Sneak4321

Fight2345
Will4321

Lore0123
Luck3210

Items:
Brass Knuckles - Handless Physical Weapon, +1 Combat Checks
Flamethrower - 2H Physical Weapon, exhaust for +7 on one Combat Check (Exhausted)
Cavalry Saber - 1H Physical Weapon, +2 Combat Checks

Other:

Conceal (Skill): After making an Evade check, you may spend 2 Clue tokens to gain 1 success on that check.
Hide (Skill): On Sneak checks, +1 is added to the result of each die when determining successes.

Current Trophies:
Dark Young (3 toughness)
Zmobie (1 toughness)
Gate Trophy(Another Dimension)
Gate Trophy(Another Time)

~

Fight/Will back to 2/4

Move to Devil's Hopyard to unload a Gug, a Ghost and a Ghoul and collect 2 clues and $2.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »
Suika Ibuki

Stats

* Overwhelming 1
* Sanity: 2/4
* Stamina: 6/6
* Focus: 1

Inventory

* 16$ (9 Cid)
* 1 Clue Token
* Agoraphobia (Upkeep: Lose 1 san if you are in a street area)
* Luck (+1 Luck; When spending clue tokens on any Luck check, add 1 die)
* God’s Nectar (Any Phase: When Suika uses Whiskey, she gains a Blessing)
* Shotgun (+4 to Combat checks; 6’s count as two successes. 2H, 6$)
* Holy Water (Magical Weapon; Discard after use to gain +6 on a combat check. 2H, 4$)
* 6 Toughness worth of Monster Trophies (3 from Dark Young, 3 from Chthonian)

Skills

* Speed: 2 3 4 5
* Sneak: 3 2 1 0

* Fight: 1 2 3 4
* Will: 4 3 2 1

* Lore: 0 1 2 3
* Luck: 6 5 4 3

=======================================

Having moved out into the open, Shotgun in hand, Suika notices a hand on her shoulder. Freaking out, she turns around and nicks the Cultist at just the right spot to take it down.

<Morballtastic> Anyone here?
<Estellise> Pikohan?
<Morballtastic> May as well fight that damn Cultist and take my 2 san damage now.
<Morballtastic> So I upped my fight to 3, +4 from SHAWTGAWN, and Cultist has a +/-0 mod thanks to Youmu the Creepy Gardener.
<Morballtastic> That right?
<Estellise> I dunno, don't have the topic open.
<Morballtastic> Yup.
<Morballtastic> So a grand total of 7 dice.
<Morballtastic> 7d6 to take out my anger on the Cultist
* Hatbot --> "Morballtastic rolls 7d6 to take out my anger on the Cultist and gets 22."12 [7d6=4, 4, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4]
<Yakumo> ...<_<
<Morballtastic> ...if I were still blessed, that would have been an AWESOME ROLL. >_>
<Estellise> <.<
<Estellise> Hatbot is mocking you.
<Estellise> Shock, etc.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:19:41 AM by Magetastic »
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2009, 10:31:27 PM »
Mystia Lorelei

Sanity: 2/5
Stamina: 2/5
Focus: 1

Speed - 2 3 4 [5]
Sneak - 4 3 2 [1]

Fight - 0 1 [2] 3
Will - 5 4 [3] 2

Lore - 1 2 [3] 4
Luck - 4 3 [2] 1

Possessions:

$12
5 clue tokens
Carbine Rifle (Common item: physical weapon, exhaust to gain +5 on combat check, 1H, $4)
Enchant Weapon (Spell: cast and exhaust to make one physical weapon a magical weapon until the end of the turn, 0 casting modifier, sanity cost 1)
Blue Watcher of the Pyramid (Unique item: discard and lose 2 stamina to automatically succeed on a combat check or a fight/lore check made to close a gate, $4)
Map of Arkham (Common item: exhaust for 1 extra movement point, $2)
Sealing the Beast's Power (Unique item: mission involving Hibb's Roadhouse -> Library -> Ye Olde Magick Shoppe, sacrifice 1 sanity at each stop, reduce ancient one's combat rating by 2 when complete, $2)
Sneak (Skill: +1 sneak, add 1 bonus die to a sneak roll whenever spending a clue token)
Powder of Ibn Ghazi (Unique item: magical weapon, discard and lose 1 sanity for +9 on a combat check, 2H, $6)

Trophies:

Hound of Tindalos (2 toughness)
Byakhee (1 toughness)
Byakhee (1 toughness)

~

Mystia hangs out in the Dreamlands and swears bloody vengeance against Hatbot and all Hatbot-related products.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Turn 2 Upkeep/Movement
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2009, 02:20:59 AM »
Aya Shameimaru

Sanity: 1/6
Stamina: 1/4
Focus: 0/1

Speed - 3 4 [5] 6
Sneak - 5 4 [3] 2

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will   - 3 2 1 [0]

Lore - [0+2] 1 2 3
Luck - [4] 3 2 1

Possessions:

$0
5 Clue Tokens
Fetch Stick (Unique item: magical weapon. Any Phase: Exhaust before making a Combat check to gain +7 to that check, 2h, $8) exausted
Axe (Common item: physical weapon, +2 to combat check--+3 if other hand is empty, 1H, $3)
Newspaper Assignment (Task: Spend one turn each at Arkham Asylum, The Witch House, and Newspaper to gain $5 and 4 Clue Tokens)
Professor Armitage (Ally: Gain 2 Lore and ignore magical resistance)
Mystic Gift (Skill: Any Phase: After making any Spell check, spend 2 Clue tokens to add 1 success to the result. You may do this as often as you like.)
Dodge (Skill: When you make any Speed check, add +1 to each die you roll for purposes of checking for successes (i.e., a roll of 3 becomes a 4, etc.))
1 Monster Trophies(Rat-Thing: 1 Toughness) 1 Toughness Total

~

Moving to the Church will I will use my Elder Thing and Dark Young trophies to bless China, also sliding speed/sneak 1 to the right.

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Turn 1 Upkeep/Movement
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »
Shinki:

Sanity 2 (3)
Stamina 6 (6)

Cash: $6
Clues: 4

Speed2345
Sneak3210

Fight2345
Will4321

Lore2345
Luck3210

Items:
Enchanted Blade (Weapon): Magical Weapon, 1H, +4 to Combat checks
Research Materials (Item): Any Phase: Discard Research Materials instead of spending 1 Clue token.

Other:
Wither (Spell) - Lore +0, Sanity 0, 1h. Cast and exhaust to gain +3 to combat checks until the end of this combat.
Find Gate (Spell): Lore -1, Sanity 1. Movement: Cast and exhaust to immediately return to Arkham from an Other World.
Mists of Releh (Spell): Lore -X, Sanity 0. Cast and exhaust to pass an Evade check against 1 monster. X is equal to the monster's Awareness rating.
Mythos Lore (Skill): -1 Maximum Sanity; exhaust Mythos Lore instead of spending 1 Clue token.
Necrophobia (Madness): All Undead monsters have Nightmarish 1 against you. Upkeep: If in the Graveyard, lose 1 Sanity.

Current Trophies:
Dimensional Shambler  (Monster, 1 toughness)
R'lyeh (Gate, -3 modifier)

~
08:20 < Yukari-sama> Lore -1 for Find Gate.
08:20 < Yukari-sama> 4d6 for Gate is lost again, where is he?
08:20  * Hatbot --> "Yukari-sama rolls 4d6 for Gate is lost again, where is he? and gets 14." [4d6=4, 4, 2, 4]
08:21 < Yukari-sama> ..
08:21 < Yukari-sama> wow.
08:21 < tao-zombie> ... Not found. >_>
08:21 < Yukari-sama> d6 for Mythos Lore?
08:21  * Hatbot --> "Yukari-sama rolls d6 for Mythos Lore? and gets 1." [d6=1]
08:21 < Yukari-sama> yeah no.
08:21 < tao-zombie> Can you clue che-...
08:21 < Yukari-sama> Gonna suck.
- Have you ever contemplated suicide?
 - Frequently. But only for others.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Turn 10 Encounters
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2009, 06:30:33 AM »
Arkham Encounters

Gatewalker/Hong Meiling
----------------
You've got no idea what this eerie old man wants with those carcasses, but he delivers the goods as promised.

Magetastic/Suika
-----------------
Unable to find a place to hide and without any liquid courage, Suika goes just a little nuts, losing one sanity to her Agoraphobia.

Glen Veil/Aya
-----------------
Father Michael accepts your offerings solemnly.  "Blessings be on your friend, my child."

AndrewRogue/Reimu
------------------
Exhausted and drained, you sit and listen to the choir for a while. Their beautiful singing helps you get back on your feet. Perhaps there's no meaning to the universe, but then again, perhaps we give it our own meaning. Gain 2 Stamina and 2 Sanity.

Other World Encounters

El Cideon/Mystia
-------------------
Pass a Luck +0 check or stumble into a spider's web. Lose 2 sanity and stay here next turn struggling to get free.

Halbarad/Shinki
--------------------
It seems as though you've run out of options for now, so you must bide your time. Stay here next turn.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Turn 10 Encounters
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »
Mystia Lorelei

Speed - 2 3 4 [5]
Sneak - 4 3 2 [1]

Fight - 0 1 [2] 3
Will - 5 4 [3] 2

Lore - 1 2 [3] 4
Luck - 4 3 [2] 1

Possessions:

$12
5 clue tokens
Carbine Rifle (Common item: physical weapon, exhaust to gain +5 on combat check, 1H, $4)
Enchant Weapon (Spell: cast and exhaust to make one physical weapon a magical weapon until the end of the turn, 0 casting modifier, sanity cost 1)
Blue Watcher of the Pyramid (Unique item: discard and lose 2 stamina to automatically succeed on a combat check or a fight/lore check made to close a gate, $4)
Sealing the Beast's Power (Unique item: mission involving Hibb's Roadhouse -> Library -> Ye Olde Magick Shoppe, sacrifice 1 sanity at each stop, reduce ancient one's combat rating by 2 when complete, $2)
Sneak (Skill: +1 sneak, add 1 bonus die to a sneak roll whenever spending a clue token)
Powder of Ibn Ghazi (Unique item: magical weapon, discard and lose 1 sanity for +9 on a combat check, 2H, $6)

Trophies:

Byakhee (1 toughness)
Byakhee (1 toughness)

~

Mystia succeeds in not getting lost in time and space. For now.

<Mystia> Ahoy-hoy.
<Yukari-sama> Mornink.
<Mystia> Anyone alive to witness rolling?
<Mystia> Ah, good.
<Mystia> Luck check with no mod, so 2 dice.
<Yukari-sama> What is being rolled, I am behind the curve.
<Yukari-sama> Mmmkay.
<Mystia> Otherworld encounter.
<Mystia> Which I have to pass or go insane.
<Yukari-sama> For shiny stuff?
<Mystia> Yaaay.
<Yukari-sama> Ow.
<Mystia> No.
<Yukari-sama> That's not so fun.
<Mystia> roll 2d6 for not getting lost in time and space
* Hatbot --> "Mystia rolls 2d6 for not getting lost in time and space and gets 6."12 [2d6=1, 5]
<Mystia> Phew.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Turn 11 Movement/Upkeep
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2009, 07:20:29 PM »
The trains today disgorged a rather odd collection of individuals from Dunwich, who promptly started setting up what looked like carnival attractions, probably brought in by the mayor to try and calm the populace.  The attractions they were setting up weren't exactly normal, though, and if anything the crowds were becoming more restless...

Darke's Carnival Appears!

Investigators who end their movement in the Northside streets gain 1 Clue token from the sinister wonders they witness, but must pass a Will (-1) check or lose 1 Sanity.
A gate attempts to open at The Unnameable, ripping apart space and time and unleashing a horde of monsters!
A Vampire appears at The Unnameable, a Wraith appears at the Black Cave, and a Shoggoth appears at Cold Spring Glen.
Three more monsters exceed the monster limit and are sent to the outskirts.

Circle Monsters Move on black.  Wizard Whately moves to the Miskatonic U. Streets.  The Byakhee in Arkham moves to the sky.  The Byakhee and Mi-Go in Dunwich attempt to move to the sky but since Arkham is at the monster limit go to the Outskirts instead.
Diamond monsters move on white.  The Shoggoth at Cold Spring Glen moves to the Village Commons.  The Shoggoth at Hibb's moves to the Rivertown Streets.  The Elder Thing at the Rivertown Streets moves to the French Hill Streets.

A Clue appears at the Woods.
Due to the Outskirts limit being exceeded twice, the terror level rises to 4.  The General Store is now closed.  Corianna Jones and Richard Upton Pickman have left town.
Six stamina tokens have been added to the Riots rumor.

Deadline is midnight EST on Saturday.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2009, 04:59:29 AM »
Suika Ibuki

Stats

* Overwhelming 1
* Sanity: 2/4

Inventory

* 16$ (9 Cid)
* 2 Clue Tokens
* Holy Water (Magical Weapon; Discard after use to gain +6 on a combat check. 2H, 4$)

Skills

Going to hop on over to Velma's Diner and pick up that clue token there.
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2009, 02:12:30 PM »
Aya Shameimaru

Speed - 3 [4] 5 6
Sneak - 5 [4] 3 2

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will   - 3 2 1 [0]

Lore - [0+2] 1 2 3
Luck - [4] 3 2 1

Possessions:

$0
6 Clue Tokens
Fetch Stick (Unique item: magical weapon. Any Phase: Exhaust before making a Combat check to gain +7 to that check, 2h, $8)
Axe (Common item: physical weapon, +2 to combat check--+3 if other hand is empty, 1H, $3)
Newspaper Assignment (Task: Spend one turn each at Arkham Asylum, The Witch House, and Newspaper to gain $5 and 4 Clue Tokens)
Mystic Gift (Skill: Any Phase: After making any Spell check, spend 2 Clue tokens to add 1 success to the result. You may do this as often as you like.)
Dodge (Skill: When you make any Speed check, add +1 to each die you roll for purposes of checking for successes (i.e., a roll of 3 becomes a 4, etc.))

~

Sliding Speed/Sneak over 1 to the left and entering the woods to pick up that clue token since Yak scared me out of going to ma's >.>.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 03:14:06 AM by Glen Veil »

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »
Mystia Lorelei

Speed - 2 3 4 [5]
Sneak - 4 3 2 [1]

Fight - 0 1 [2] 3
Will - 5 4 [3] 2

Lore - 1 2 3 [4]
Luck - 4 3 2 [1]

Possessions:

$12
5 clue tokens

Trophies:

Byakhee (1 toughness)
Byakhee (1 toughness)

Sliding Lore/Luck to the right and waiting at Hibb's to close that gate that had the effrontery to punk my ass. We'll teach that other world to mess with birds!

Also, making note of the following conversation for the sake of my fellow players:

<Marza> When Shinki tried to Find Gate and barely failed. I'm curious why you didn't use Inspiring Talent
<Mystia> Because I forgot it existed!
<Yakumo> He just answered you. <_<
<Yakumo> Yeesh.
<Marza> Ok. Sorry, didn't see the answer until after I said something. >_>
<Mystia> Seriously, though, Yakko: if someone else is rolling here and fails an important skill check, they have my permission to make use of that to pass it.
<Mystia> Because it's not like I want the monster trophies.

We have three monster trophies that can be burned to let people reroll skill checks. Feel free to make use of them!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:25:16 PM by El Cideon »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2009, 02:28:27 AM »

Sanity 2 (4)
Stamina 5 (6)

Clues: 4

Speed2345
Sneak4321

Fight2345
Will4321

Lore0123
Luck3210

Items:
Flamethrower - 2H Physical Weapon, exhaust for +7 on one Combat Check (Exhausted)

Other:

Conceal (Skill): After making an Evade check, you may spend 2 Clue tokens to gain 1 success on that check.
Hide (Skill): On Sneak checks, +1 is added to the result of each die when determining successes.

Current Trophies:
Dark Young (3 toughness)
Zmobie (1 toughness)

~

Move to the Gardener's Place to pick up a clue.
<%Laggy> no not really.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2009, 04:43:56 AM »
Chillin' at the church, hosses.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Turn 11 Encounters
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2009, 05:28:34 AM »
Due to the deadline with no input from Halbarad, it was decided that Shinki would use Find Gate to escape back to Arkham.

<AndrewRogue> roll 4d6
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "AndrewRogue rolls 4d6 and gets 11." [4d6=2, 6, 2, 1]
<AndrewRogue> Bammed
<Mystia_Ghostfood> Whuzzuh.

Arkham Encounters

El Cideon/Mystia
--------------------
The gate looms before you.  If you choose to leave it open, let me know and I will replace this with a normal encounter.

Gatewalker/Hong Meiling
---------------------
You notice an odd piece of metallic ore on the ground. If you touch it, make a Luck -1 check. If you pass, it smoothly transforms into an odd item. Take the first unique item from the deck that isn't a tome. If you fail, it is absorbed into your skin and assaults your mind. Draw 1 madness card.

Magetastic/Suika
------------------
Today's special is a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. You may spend $3 to gain 4 points split between your Sanity and Stamina however you like.

Glen Veil/Aya
--------------------
Old Sadie Sheldon, leader of the Sheldon gang, is here. "Hmm. Do you think you have what it takes to join my gang?" If you spend at least 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy, she accepts you into the gang. If you do not spend the trophies, she has her boys throw you out. Move to the street and lose 1 stamina.

Since you don't have the trophies to spend, you are tossed out into the street, losing the last of your stamina and ending up in the Hospital.  Youmu pays you a visit and leaves you Tainted.

Halbarad/Shinki
-------------------
The gate looms before you.  If you choose to leave it open, let me know and I will replace this with a normal encounter.

AndrewRogue/Reimu
------------------
You could swear a drain pipe gargoyle moved. Lose 1 sanity.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2009, 05:51:15 AM »
Aya Shameimaru

Speed - 3 [4] 5 6
Sneak - 5 [4] 3 2

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will   - 3 2 1 [0]

Lore - [0+2] 1 2 3
Luck - [4] 3 2 1

Possessions:

$0
3 Clue Tokens
Fetch Stick (Unique item: magical weapon. Any Phase: Exhaust before making a Combat check to gain +7 to that check, 2h, $8)

Tainted (Injury: Minus 1 will and can only use two clue tokens for will checks)

~

Epic palm application to face is induced at forgetting the risk of losing clues for going into woods, go me.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2009, 08:55:04 PM »
FYI, Yakko, it seems decided that I am just going to ignore the gate. So, encounter go.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »
Suika Ibuki

Stats

* Overwhelming 1
* Sanity: 4/4

Inventory

* 13$ (9 Cid)
* 2 Clue Tokens

Skills

Dining happily on some turkey, Suika begins to feel at ease, and more sane.
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2009, 05:45:51 AM »
Due to the fact I found a reference to gates replacing locations in the Official Answers thread on the official game forums, there will be no alternate encounter for those choosing not to close their gate.  The rulebook does leave an option to choose to close a gate or not, however, so you will not be forced to roll to close, it will be no encounter as if you were in the streets.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2009, 12:54:34 AM »

Sanity 2 (4)
Stamina 5 (6)

Speed2345
Sneak4321

Fight2345
Will4321

Lore0123
Luck3210

Items:
Flamethrower - 2H Physical Weapon, exhaust for +7 on one Combat Check
Carbine Rifle - 1H Physical Weapon, exhaust for +5 on one Combat Check

Other:

Current Trophies:
Zmobie (1 toughness)

Currently Blessed
~

> roll 1d6 for blessing keep
* Hatbot --> "Gatewalker rolls 1d6 for blessing keep and gets 2." [1d6=2]
<RandomMisadventuresOfSteve> ~
<Marzatastic> Sweet

Blessing kept.

Spending 1 Clue token to ditch the Dark Young monster trophy.

Stealing Cid's carbine rifle in preperation for a clue token blitz on Yuyu.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:11:59 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> no not really.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2009, 04:50:15 AM »
China's free unique is an Elixir of Life.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom in Arkham and Dunwich - Endgame
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2009, 11:52:11 PM »
It started slowly, with just some small crackling of energy along the edges of the strange portals that remained open in the city.  There was an electric feel to the air, and a sense that something was about to happen.  The energy quickly grew wilder along the edges of the gates, and a noise like the flapping of wings was heard all over the city.  Then, it happened.

The very air around the gates seemed to tear apart as the gates rapidly expanded.  Within seconds the six currently open gates had become one connected portal that surrounded Arkham and nearby Dunwich, trapping the residents and the visitors from Gensokyo within.  A horde of luminescent butterflies poured into the city through this portal, flying among the residents then gathering at the center of Arkham.  The residents who were contacted during the passage crumpled slowly, unresponsive, as if their very souls were no longer a part of their bodies.

The butterflies flocked together, and the half-ghost that had been stalking the city joined them, adding the bits of energy she had stolen to the total that had already collected.  The swarm glowed even brighter for a moment, then space tore again as a giant cherry tree suddenly appeared in their midst, covered in buds that seemed to be within moments of flowering.  And at the very top of the tree flew Yuyuko herself, preparing to finish the ritual and fully unleash the Youkai tree's seal.

The gate limit has been reached and the final battle is upon you!  Talk to each other and figure out what will be a good time to run the final battle in the IRC room, and if you can't get there and want someone specific to handle your rolls make a note of it in here.  Also, feel free to take care of all the weapon shuffling and such for your first upkeep phase in here so we can be ready to just get started with the fighting.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2009, 07:02:19 AM »
Someone can roll for me, I'm going to be away for the rest of this week, so I won't have access to IRC.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2009, 02:24:03 AM »

Sanity 2 (4)
Stamina 5 (6)

Speed2345
Sneak4321

Fight2345
Will4321

Lore0123
Luck3210

Items:
Flamethrower - 2H Physical Weapon, exhaust for +7 on one Combat Check
Carbine Rifle - 1H Physical Weapon, exhaust for +5 on one Combat Check

Other:

Current Trophies:
Zmobie (1 toughness)

Currently Blessed
~

> roll 1d6 for blessing keep
* Hatbot --> "Gatewalker rolls 1d6 for blessing keep and gets 2." [1d6=2]
<RandomMisadventuresOfSteve> ~
<Marzatastic> Sweet

Blessing kept.

Spending 1 Clue token to ditch the Dark Young monster trophy.

Stealing Cid's carbine rifle in preperation for a clue token blitz on Yuyu.

*facepalm* I edited my earlier post instead of quoting it, like a retard. If you need me to fix the last post back to what it was, I will. But here's the current one where it should be.
<%Laggy> no not really.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2009, 02:28:05 AM »
Inventory:

Magical:
2 Withers - 1H (each), +3, needs a check, +0 mod to casting, 0 san cost
Enchant Weapon - No Hands, needs a check, +0 casting mod, 1 san cost (Should be paired with Cloud Memory - +1 casting mod, 0 san cost, no hands, heals 1 san)
Fetch Stick - 2H, +7
Enchanted Cane - 1H, +3
Enchanted Blade - 1H, +4
Holy Water - 2H, +6, discard upon use
Powder of Ibn Ghazi - 2H, +9, discard, 1 san cost

Physical:
Shotgun - 2H, +4
Bullwhip - no hands, exhaustible for a single die reroll after a combat check

Flamethrower - 2H, +7, exhaust
[anything else we might wanna enchant]

China:
Carbine Rifle - 1H, +5, exhaust
2 Cavalry Sabers - 1H, +2 (each)
Brass Knuckles - No hands, +1

Shinki:
Research Materials - Discard instead of using a clue token
Mythos Lore - Exhaust instead of spending a clue token, -1 Max san

Clue Token Tally (Assuming all monster trophies are discarded):
China - 3 (1 token)
Suika - 1 (1 token)
Mystia - 4 (2 tokens)
Aya - 2
Reimu - 2
Shinki - 3

Tokens vs. San:
China - 4/4
Suika - 4/4
Mystia - 5/5
Aya - 3/6
Reimu - 3/5
Shinki - 3/3
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:09:14 AM by Magetastic »
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...