Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 16  (Read 2875 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 16
« on: October 23, 2009, 11:19:50 PM »

"So new life comes in. What challenges shall you present me now..."

Team Piggy vs. Floor 6
Team Yoshiken vs. Floor 4
Team Talaysen vs. Floor 5
Team Sage vs. Floor 1

Team Monkeyfinger and Bardiche's Matches

Floor 1: A Re-introduction (The Beginning)

"Ho ho ho ho! You've decided to return! Let us see what you can accomplish."

Battle #1: Palmer and Mist Dragon

Palmer: Muahaha! I am Science!!
Mist Dragon: Turn back!

Battle #2: Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight

Knight: You shall not pass here!

Battle #3: Marle, Alice and FFT Priest

Marle: Yeah! Let's go!
Alice: Yuri...

Battle #4: Lich

Lich: I will... devour you...

Boss Battle #1: Change Relic

*The team has been fully healed!

"Welcome to Monado Mandala! Here, you shall die!"

Team Sage's Matches

Floor 2a: THESE! ARE! BOSSES!!

Battle #6: Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES)

Milon: I have returned from death to crush you!
Kainazzo: Oh, that fool? The one who refused to give his kingdom to me...?

Battle #7: Booster and Mack

Booster: WELCOME TO MY TOWER!!!

Battle #8: Scarmiglione (FF4 DS)

Scarmiglione: Ha ha ha... I have come back from death yet again...

Battle #9: Kary and Kraken

Kary: I, the Fiend of Fire shall stop you!

Boss Battle #2: Augus and Nimufu

Augus: Yes! Fight to the death for my god...

Team Tai's Matches

Floor 6b: The strongest of the strong (Before endgame)

So you want to fight the strongest beings? Fine, then. Let's see how you do.

Battle #26: Kefka

Kefka: One-winged... oh, wait.

Battle #27: Jenna and Heat

Jenna: Let us have a battle, then.
Heat: You shall all perish here.

Battle #28: Myria 1 and Kahn

Myria: You shall die here. The world needs not such as you.
Kahn: KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!

Battle #29: Rhapthorne and Dhoulmagus

Rhapthorne: Ha ha ha! You shall all die!
Dhoulmagus: Such a pity...

Boss Battle #6: Xorn, Zera Valmar and Evil Gaia

Xorn: ALL LOVE SHALL PERISH.
Zera: ALL HOPE SHALL PERISH.
Evil Gaia: Evil Gaia.

---------------------------------------------

Team Sage | Demi, Purim, Princess Toadstool, Brey, Rand (Firefly)
[Floor 2a]
Team Sage vs. Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES)
Team Sage vs. Booster and Mack
Team Sage vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4 DS)
*Full Heal
Team Sage vs. Kary and Kraken
Team Sage vs. Augus and Nimufu (BoF2)

Team Taishyr | Kyogre, Maya (MT), Garnet, Kyra, FFT Priest
[Floor 6b]
Team Taishyr vs. Kefka
*Full heal
Team Taishyr vs. Jenna1 and Heat
*Full heal
Team Taishyr vs. Myria1 and Kahn
*Full heal
Team Taishyr vs. Rhapthorne and Dhoulmagus
*Full Heal
Team Taishyr vs. Xorn, Zera Valmar and Evil Gaia

Team Monkey |  Jessica, Mew (Firefly), Rosa, Lucian & Shiho
[Floor 1]
Team Monkey vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Monkey vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Monkey vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Monkey vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Monkey vs. Change Relic

Team Bardiche | Deis2, Eileen, Lucian (MT) & Shiho, Eiko, Nall
[Floor 1]
Team Bardiche vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Bardiche vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Bardiche vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Bardiche vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Bardiche vs. Change Relic

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. However, the damage of regular attacks, the healing of all spells that restore HP or MP, the status rates of status spells or attacks and the effect of buffs or debuffs (rounded down to the nearest half point in the case of Pokemon) is reduced to 50% of the original base chance. (For example, Deadly Fingertips has a max 50% chance of hitting all targets.) This applies even if there is only one opponent left.

Firefly: One member of your team becomes the target of all Single target attacks. This effect will override any elemental, status protection or resistance (Reflect, etc. also do not work). The target of this effect may not have damage to them reduced in any way; in addition, revival effects take effect on the character with this sealstone after the current fight is completed. This effect may not be used on Worker 8 or Jane.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:36:44 PM by Nephrite »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Monado Mandala Week 16
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 11:21:42 PM »
waitaminute, why is the toroteam suddenly making a comeback? >_>
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 11:23:05 PM »
Because he was updating today and I decided I'd put my team back in?

I didn't lose, I went on hiatus. (i was sick of my own kyogre hype okay)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 11:31:20 PM »
oh. kay. Didn't know you could do that. <_<

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »
Team Sage | Demi, Purim, Princess Toadstool, Brey, Rand (Firefly)
[Floor 2a]
Team Sage vs. Milon, Baigan and Kainazzo (FF4 SNES) - Buckets of healing works here, even with the questionable damage output.
Team Sage vs. Booster and Mack - Team can't really get past Booster's limit range.  Rand's durable, but durable enough to survive Booster's big damage?  Wording of Firefly's effect seems to suggest that buffing Rand's defense is useless here.  Still, Demi can revive him for the next fight, and the fight isn't that troublesome.
Team Sage vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4 DS) - Fight isn't a problem if you let people freely target healing spells.  If not, then the fight pretty much devolves into Demi shooting Milon and Rand taking the counters.
*Full Heal
Team Sage vs. Kary and Kraken - DoS Kraken fails.  Kary... eh, the new DoS boss notes make me want to rethink her.  Still, team's coming off of a full heal, and Kary can only target Rand, so it's all good.
Team Sage vs. Augus and Nimufu (BoF2) - Okay, Nimufu can apparently be statused (fail).  Augus... saves power so that he can kill Rand on his second turn.  Fortunately, Augus is slow enough that I'd be willing to kneejerk a pass here.

[Floor 6b]
Team Taishyr vs. Kefka - Okay, Kefka kills off Kyogre.  Problem: Kefka durability.  Team's got enough non-Kyogre damage to stop him from getting more turns.
*Full heal
Team Taishyr vs. Jenna1 and Heat - By Jenna1, I'm assuming you mean just her first/second form?  Anyways... Maya can MT the tentacles away, thinking she's faster than Kyogre at this point anyways... so Kyogre finishes off Heat before he can get cute with double Inferno Roar.  Jenna... man, the durability looks like shit but that HP buffering goes a long way.  Don't think it's quite enough, though.
*Full heal
Team Taishyr vs. Myria1 and Kahn - Kahn is not scary.  Myria1, on the other hand, is.  Fortunately, the team's damage is pretty much entirely magical, so that gets around her obscene defense.  The speed, on the other hand... hmm.  Kneejerking that they get by this one.
*Full heal
Team Taishyr vs. Rhapthorne and Dhoulmagus - Oh noes SLEEP.  Which two people can flat out immune and another resists thanks to Psy-Shields.  That isn't even MT.  I'm also not inclined to view them as super durable, but without average damage figures in the boss notes, it's hard to say.
*Full Heal
Team Taishyr vs. Xorn, Zera Valmar and Evil Gaia - Sage's analysis of this fight seems sound enough and I will go with that.

Team Monkey |  Jessica, Mew (Firefly), Rosa, Lucian & Shiho
[Floor 1]
Team Monkey vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Monkey vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Monkey vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Monkey vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Monkey vs. Change Relic - My kneejerk here is oh god Mew on a team at a point where you've got nothing but unevolved starters and ComMons running about.

Team Bardiche | Deis2, Eileen, Lucian (MT) & Shiho, Eiko, Nall
[Floor 1]
Team Bardiche vs. Palmer and Mist Dragon
Team Bardiche vs. Steelix, Shuckle and FF1 Knight
Team Bardiche vs. Marle, Alice and FFT Priest
Team Bardiche vs. Lich (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Bardiche vs. Change Relic - Don't think this team runs into any problems.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:41:03 AM by Random Consonant »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 11:50:01 PM »
Just a quick note, I took Ultros away from the Kefka fight.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 11:53:47 PM »
Sage, Monkey and bard all pass without any huge problems. Taishyr fails. I'm not really familiar with Jenna and Heat, but the Rhapthorne, Dhoulmagus fight is too much. They spam their 100% sleep attacks and then unload the MT damage next turn while the team is defenseless.

Taishyr

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 11:59:21 PM »
As a note, both of them are vulnerable to stat downs, and Maya/Kyra/Priest can all immune status. But.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 12:03:09 AM »
Also, Rhaptorne and Dhoulmagus both are being so overrated by dude it's not even funny. Dhoul's form with Sleep only doubleacts half the time, half Tai's team resists Sleep at worst, DQ8 sleep is sorta trashy anyway and that Dhouly just sorta sucks at both speed and offense. Rhaptorne is also slow and has near PC HP, so a team blitz to Rhap is all but trivial there. Hell, Kyogre+whatever = 2HKO on Rhaptorne and that's that. DQ8 bosses are worthless against a team with any sort of blitzing power.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 12:26:24 AM »
Team Sage I may as well go ahead and do, since I thought this a little out as I picked the floor. Not to the point of doing the math I'm about to spout, that comes after!

First off, every team badly struggles to kill Rand.

Lemme repeat that since it's ridiculous. Badly. Struggles. Kill. Rand.

Milon's damage is special and he's slow. Baigan's damage is erratic, not good, and he's average speed. Cagnazzo's speed is above average and his damage at full HP isn't that great. So...they stagger throughout healing periods and none of them can actually kill Rand. Also Tsunami's not ITD, just magical.

Booster and Mack...well, if it weren't for Booster's limit Rand would easily live through this. The team's best off trying to get near the limit, letting Rand die, and blitzing past him. Mack's a trivial non-issue. Make sure to revive Rand before the next fight(So that he actually gets back up, since he doesn't in the same fight.), etc.

Scarmigli-Z curses the above average speed Princess, Rand gets healed, and it's...mostly over from there. Cursed Elegy slowing people that can be status healed wooooo. Arguably.

Full heal! Yay!

Kary and Kraken have an argument for not being able to kill Rand. Yeah. It depends on how much you value starting levels and where you see him coming in at-Rand would be showing up around this point and has a little period where he's underleveled. If you respected that he's got a little problem. Dunno why you would but there it is! Otherwise his durability, at comparable levels...is probably capable of taking this. His durability is mostly stats, he gets mostly worse as he levels, not better, and his endgame durabilities are about 1.5x average PC on both ends, so. Which is just around the range of this! (Booster does 1.5x PC HP with his choo choo. Little bastard. I suppose there's an argument for killing Mack first and him living through the train but meh. He doesn't have to.)

If not, and if you don't see healing getting between the turns(FF1 had fully random speeds, so Purim could slip in between them. Or not. Depends on interps a lot. I wouldn't rely on this.), then the team just kills one while they're working on him. They should be able to muster that much damage, Demi's either got Phonon now or a decent physical, Purim does...something, Brey has Snowstorm which works fully on Kraken, etc. It's probably the hardest fight for them on paper. Revive Rand at end, go to final fight, where Augus has to take two turns to kill Rand assuming it works, Augus and Nimufu's horribly gapped speed ensures I get the two turns, Nimufu takes hits like a little girl and can be statused...it's not a good fight.

Hell, I think you can probably status Augus, he's MS -1, means he doesn't get status'd a lot but can be. (Note that this does mean he probably shrugs off debilitating status; Bosses do in BoF1 regardless of how they take other status.)

Assorted possible things that you may/may not/probably will/probably won't allow:

-Rand Defending. I think this is iffy for a number of reasons, but while BoF2 has a lousy defend command(Reduces damage to 80%ish.), it's actually enough for most of this.

-Speedup. Brey gets it at L14. Your call if this is Floor 2. (Snowstorm really should be.) This trivializes any possible offense handling.

-If Princess has any more spells yet. Again, your call on how to handle that.

-If Purim gets Gnome on this floor/how much you respect Defender/if it works with Firefly/etc., this is a good question, but it's still useful without buff to Rand because it makes any question of Kary/Kraken being remotely scary fly away as they can't OHKO anyone but Brey. (I'm assuming Undine with this stuff, because I can't imagine not having it yet. Gnome's only like one dungeon later IIRC though. So whichever.)

-If Demi has Phonon yet. I think the assessment last time was mostly Floor 3 for that but I can't remember. Obviously one shot of well above average damage has it's obvious applications, especially since due to the heal it's two shots.

There's probably more stuff I'm not thinking of (Actually Rand gets Thunder at L9 and that's probably above average damage by then! And it's MT! See, more stuff.), but this is probably enough. >_>

Team Tai.

Kefka's easy, he smashes that. Okay he takes a lot of damage and I'd have to think about this without the full heal after but he definitely lives through it so yay not thinking!

Kyogre shrugs off non-Bhairava things for the second fight. This is good. I have a hard time assessing how well the rest of the team does against Heat's brutal tentacle rape, but there's multiple people who are above average speed with MDef boosters and IIRC Inferno's MDef based, not ITD. So that makes it simple enough to me. Hell, Dance of Protection MT is insane and Maya should be above average speed.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN has SHOUT. It is manly and makes healing potentially a screwover! Except for status immunity. Damnit. Almost got to hype him. Oh well. The team's perfectly fine at taking care of this fight. Kyra's buffs are awesome, Maya's buffs are awesome, etc.

RHAPTHORNE AND DHOULMAGUS:

- Oh noes SLEEP.

Yeah. See Tai's comments about nulling sleep and the fact that the ones that can null sleep are the ones with the buffs that prevent the massive damage idea from working. Ooops. I don't even have to worry about if he can blitz them! Yay!

Xorn and Pals: The nastiest thing here. The team definitely wants to work the faces of the OTHERS, as with the buffs, they might actually contribute enough damage to kill, and IIRC Xorn's kinda limit-y for MT stuff? Xorn can kill some dudes first, but that's okay. He can repeatedly kills some dudes, in fact, which is irritating. But it's ultimately not really managable. I can't really see Tai not making it through this, although at least his resources are strained.

Team Tai makes it.

Team Monkey:

Well, you know, I was going to question this, and then I noticed the Firefly on Mew.

Team Monkey vs. Change Relic - My kneejerk here is oh god Mew on a team at a point where you've got nothing but unevolved starters and ComMons running about.

As such I basically second this. I've had a Manaphy early game, same stat totals. Things don't kill it, it could fucking kill things with Bubble as well as most things could with Tackle. I think Mew's L1 skill is Swift or something. Just a bit better. Mostly the durability is about 2-2.5x average for that point and feels like it, at least for a while. Certainly on Floor 1.

Even if I didn't count this in-which I most definitely do, Mew's a promotional and in-game in RBY the only way to legally obtain one can be done at like L10, using a bug, but assuming for the sake of argument that Mew's kinda statically weird...well, Rosa heals out of every major attempt to kill the team, the team has magical damage and the team in general...just looks like it can handle the floor. Balanced enough to do it. Mew's above average durability by any standards, so Firefly on it is just a pain in the ass to deal with, no matter what. Team Monkey passes.

Team Bardiche:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA FLOOR 1 AGAINST DEIS2. Team Bardiche passes.

....what, you want a more in-depth assessment? Screw that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:49:33 AM by SageAcrin »
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 12:35:41 AM »
Just a quick note, Firefly stipulates you can't have damage reduced by things like defending. I doubt it matters here, however.

SageAcrin

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 12:41:30 AM »
But would that apply to a defense *boosting* Defend command?

Heck, do buffs work at all defensively on a Firefly character? (Well, besides like an HP booster.)

The explanation isn't really clear, it implies damage and status resistance/null/reflection are nulled, but it doesn't really spell out how that would work with temporary impacts like defend, or stat boosts. I'm hazy on the details, so I threw it out. As I said, I wouldn't have bought it, based on the Firefly description.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 12:51:32 AM »
What -I think- Neph really meant, at least from hashing out with him at various points, is that buffing of any defensive nature does not work on a Firefly character, and that applies to even Defend commands (never mind the interp headache that is allowing defend commands to begin with).

SageAcrin

• DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 12:56:05 AM »
*Nods.*

Not really a big deal, Rand was based around the idea of not needing to rely on anything ever in that area, just to be safe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 12:56:55 AM »
Firefly is honestly just about the best use of Rand in the dungeon anyway. At least makes him more than worth the 0.5. <_<

Taishyr

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 12:57:35 AM »
but but BODY CHARGE RAND

I'll get my own arguments up later. As a note, I have no clue how that final fight works because Xorn is the person I feel I understand the best. This creates issues.

Aside from that, gutcheck is Heat doesn't like not getting tentacle turns due to Ramuh and Jenna doesn't like my defensive buffs... and Myria1 probably -severely- depends on your speed/damage respect for her. So.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:00:00 AM by Taitoro »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 12:59:01 AM »
Maybe if he wasn't still slow as fuck. Not to mention Raja makes a better BC recipient.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »
Everyone passes.

Only fight worth analyzing is Tai vs. the Grandia crew. Xorn has thunderclap and enough speed to double everyone from the outset, while Zera has gadzap and outspeeds everyone. Both lightning spells are GT, so 1 of each will kill Kyogre and badly hurt something else, and Xorn will use his second action to finish off whoever else got caught in the blasts. Still... the casualty can't be Garnet because of her elemental spoiling, so she just brings Kyogre back and whichever of Maya or priest survived tosses him an MDef buff. Back to square one, and this time Kyogre lives and gives Zera a proper enema with hydro pump - if that doesn't kill, a summon from garnet will finish the job. Or a nafoi from Kyra or a holy from priest if Xorn used his second set of turns to kill Garnet... whatever, point is, 2 people on Tai's team are dead by the time Zera falls and neither of them is Kyogre. Now Kyogre just calm minds while his harem keeps him and each other alive. Eventually he will be able to OHKO with hydro pump.

Kyogre is 110 speed, Xorn is 245. It's theoretically possible for him to triple Kyogre and kill him with his full HP physical tech, resetting the buffs, but that shouldn't happen in time.

Bardiche

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 01:05:18 AM »
I'll say everyone passes. Well, not voting on myself, but I'm going to be very confused if someone can argue against Deis2 on Floor 1.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 03:47:10 AM »
Re sleep hype: AI interp issue, but since I believe that they will never double-sleep in game, I'd hold them to that (just as I don't let Ghaleon double-Fate Storm in the dungeon).  This means that at best they're sleeping just two people, and taps from those unaffected just mean that they've nearly wasted a turn.

As a note according to the stat topic Rhapthorne is above average speed?  Just you always Accelerate in-game so his decent speed becomes irrelevant, but I think most people let WA4 bosses be crazy fast despite always being much slower in game post-debuff.  I also have moderately reasonable DQ8 boss respect, so if they're winning this fight, it's via slugfesting Taishyr's team out.  They do have a MT OHKO together ignoring healing & buffs so initiative presumably matters a bunch.

Monkey & Bardiche pass, no vote on the others.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 04:11:25 AM »
As a note according to the stat topic Rhapthorne is above average speed? 

I certainly had my speed average significantly higher than that in-game: stat up seeds exist, and, more importantly, you're almost guaranteed to have a Meteorite Armband for Rhaptorne, and that suddenly raises the average quite a bit (along with being one of the best accessories to have on someone in the maingame), not to mention I also take him against higher levels than the stat topic (only a couple, but the seeds and Meteorite Armband do far more to the averages than two extra levels do). So yeah, that entry can be misleading.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 08:37:06 AM »
Aboce average speed Rhapthorne would win over Tai but see Snow about his speed... not the levels, but the seeds and the armband, definitely.

No way does Rhapthorne get a turn if he's below average speed. Waterspout + a nafoi + a summon is a lot of damage.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 10:57:08 PM »
From my own Rhapthorne notes:
Jessica 2 (1.07 SD above. Nice level gain, I guess)
Angelo 2.6 (.27 SD above)
Guv 2.75 (.01 SD below)
Rhapthorne 2.95
Yangus 4.65 (1.33 below)

Also, everyone passes. Shocked Piggyman didn't try this floor 6, as this is far more conducive to his team winning.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:12:53 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 04:23:51 PM »
Also, everyone passes. Shocked Piggyman didn't try this floor 6, as this is far more conducive to his team winning.

When I was given the choice of floors, it was Myria3, not Myria1. I'm sure you can understand why I shied away from picking that F6. -_-

In any case, Monkey and Bard pass with relative ease.
Sage passes, too. Healing + tank w/ Firefly is a pretty good combo. ;p

EDIT: Hmm, gut says Tai passes as well, but that Xorn fight is close.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:42:22 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Taishyr

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »
[Floor 6b]
Team Taishyr vs. Kefka - Depends on speed respect; MT HP->1+poke might work if you dont' see anyone as getting a turn before him, and some people have immense speed respect. This being said, I can't see him as over 200% and my entire team thusly should avoid that double

*Full heal

Team Taishyr vs. Jenna1 and Heat - I'm presuming Heat starts with his tentacles.

Jenna takes a while to kill. This being said, being DDS bosses, both don't like stat debuffing. Scary Face doesn't really work if they don't have a speed, arguably, so Kyogre can Calm Mind or whack Jenna, Maya buffs both defenses, Kyra breaks the Tentacles with something, Garnet Ramuh->Odins Vritra. The Priest just staff whacks.

Okay. Bhairava can kill one person, but the buffs up mean that any other combination of attacks kinda fizzles. So Jenna wants to Dekaja. Heat, however, has another issue - if he regens the tentacles he continues to get worn down, and his damage is wasted here. So Heat stat buffs down (I'll say... 2x Sukunda.) Kyogre finishes the job on Heat, Maya/Kyra/Garnet/Priest whack Jenna over to her next face. Maya on her turn wants Artemis, idly.

First form Jenna has three options: Debilitate, Vanity and Hunger Wave. Hunger Wave is kinda plot negated, will toss that out for now. Vanity can nail Kyogre/Garnet/Priest. (This is painful.) However, 65% accuracy means at least one is likely spared (let's presume Kyogre, since the other two are the only status healers). Regardless, unless Charm goes off on both, the fight goes smoothly; Maya nails Kyogre as Kyra buffs defense this time, form 2 comes up and meets Kyra's buff, does something anyway, gets smacked down.

Form 3 Jenna: Maya sez hi, can slowly solo you herself. Kyogre arguably nukes Jenna himself, no Water in DDS and PKMN differentiates between the two. If you don't buy that he just stares INTO HER SOUL, WOOOOO.
*Full heal

Team Taishyr vs. Myria1 and Kahn
- Team gets whacked by Myria! Kyogre launches an attack at Kahn, Maya buffs S. Def or heals, Kyra buffs Def, Garnet heals the group up, Priest stalls/staff whacks Kahn to finish/staff whacks Myria 1.

From there Maya just adds up buffs until Kyogre's whaleness overwhelms Myria.

*Full heal

Team Taishyr vs. Rhapthorne and Dhoulmagus
- Kyogre nukes one, Maya buffs special defense or speed, Kyra buffs defense, Garnet does a number on the other/finishes off the first, Priest staff whacks.  Whoever's still alive on the enemy side can Icy Wind, but then only has one action to stop the onslaught that can fall on him next round.

*Full Heal

Team Taishyr vs. Xorn, Zera Valmar and Evil Gaia - Pretty much see Monkey's analysis, with the note that Maya can reflect Xorn's Thunderclap as well and if Xorn physicals to take advantage of Artemis he's wasting time not killing Kyogre. It's a tough fight but Xorn/Zera/EG are in an uphill fight to take down enough people to phase my team.

Oh, and Scary Faced Xorn. Yes, it should work. >_>
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:42:58 PM by Taitoro »